Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Opopanax posted:

Canada post hosed up the box so I wound up opening it right away, luckily nothing inside was damaged. Thanks Comrade Santa, some cool stuff here and things I've been meaning to check out

Sorry that the box got messed up, at least they were books, and kinda hard to damage with blunt weight. I hope you enjoy your RED Christmas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NKHJ64qRR8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Looks like my Santee is going to be getting my gift in two chunks - first one is already on the way! Second will be posted...I dunno, next week?

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Looks like my Santee got theirs! I hope they like it.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I asked for someone’s favorite book, and dear god this is gorgeous.

Filled with illustrations too:

I will soon be reading this by light of a Christmas tree.

Thank you!

(And thanks to some bookmarks, I now have a new bookstore to visit.)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My Santee shall be visited by 3 packages on Xmas eve.

Or some time next week if you believe the tracking.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
hookay. I found the perfect thing and ordered it, thinking i'd just resend when it got to me. . .aand it's shipping internationally from germany which I didn't realize, with no estimated delivery date. So, we'll see! working on it!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Cheer deployed! Hope you like the presents, Santee!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I have selected what I hope to be the perfect gift for my Santee, as I think it hits all the right notes. Will get it posted on Monday.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Posted part 2 of Secret Santa package to my santee! PREPARE YOURSELF FOR BOOK(S)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I have just received a mysterious box from Indigo Books in Brampton, and assume it is from a Secret Santa! I will hold off on opening it until closer to Jul

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Holiday cheer is deployed! Will email the tracking number as soon as I have it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Holiday cheer is deployed! Will email the tracking number as soon as I have it.

Same. Do you want a tracking number Sham?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
My holiday cheer has also been ordered, but they’re still in route to the shipper. Fingers crossed!

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

lifg posted:

I asked for someone’s favorite book, and dear god this is gorgeous.

Filled with illustrations too:

I will soon be reading this by light of a Christmas tree.

Thank you!

(And thanks to some bookmarks, I now have a new bookstore to visit.)

So pleased this went well. Haunted is a fabulous book shop. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays! Whichever you like better.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Bilirubin posted:

Same. Do you want a tracking number Sham?
It would be appreciated.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It would be appreciated.

Sent

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Agrinja posted:

So pleased this went well. Haunted is a fabulous book shop. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays! Whichever you like better.

As promised, I put this at the top of my to-read pile, and I just finished it. Three introductions, the novel, and the first chapter of the unfinished next book.

What a great book!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Cheer deployed! It should arrive later this week.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Book away!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

A mysterious package came this afternoon. Inside was a copy of Mr Invincible: Local Hero by Pascal Jousselin, a wonderful and entertaining graphic novel. Thanks, Santa! And, to answer your question in the appended note: yes, definitely!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

A package arrived tonight! I'm going to hold off opening it until next week, but will open then before I fly out to visit family. Plane books!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
The books I ordered finally shipped. Christmas cheer is on the way!!!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
gift sent! could be a while to arrive though

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A package showed up at my place today, though I’m going to hold off opening it for another week.

My order to my santee also shipped. I’ll flip the tracking info to sbb later today.

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

I got a package yesterday! It was perfect timing, since our winter break starts today and I'll have lots of time to sit around and read. In it was Dancing at the Edge of the World by Ursula K. Leguin and Kalpa Imperial: The Greatest Empire That Never Was by Angélica Gorodischer, translated by Ursula K. Leguin. Both of these look awesome, and I've been wanting to read more translated books, so this is excellent! I can't wait to read these and get more cultured. Thank you so much!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

hookay. I found the perfect thing and ordered it, thinking i'd just resend when it got to me. . .aand it's shipping internationally from germany which I didn't realize, with no estimated delivery date. So, we'll see! working on it!

"customs clearance process started" im now told

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Christmas parcel received ( I mean, it almost certainly can't be anything else). I'll hold off opening till Xmas, but will definitely post pictures then. Thank you!

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
I have received BOOKS! Now I can spend 5% more time thinking about the Roman Empire!

The other book is science fiction related to the Stalker franchise, presumably being that close to the zone, it is in fact filled with bees!

Thank you very much Santa!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Parcel Recieved! I'm not going to open it till I get mine out the door though (still waiting on customs)

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

Another package arrived today! Truly am embarrassment of riches over here. I'm so excited to read all of these. Thank you so much!

Numbuh 212 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 17, 2023

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It cost me an import duty of one chicken treat to Junior Customs Officer Bonnie, but I received book shaped and sized package today

Cool beans! I even had the first one on my Amazon wishlist that I didn't link, looking forward to reading both, thanks Santa!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

A second package arrived this afternoon, with copies of The Eyre Affair by Jasper FForde and Vita Nostra by Marina & Sergey Dychenko. Thanks Santa! I'm looking forward to reading these over the coming break.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Rid posted:

A mysterious package came this afternoon. Inside was a copy of Mr Invincible: Local Hero by Pascal Jousselin, a wonderful and entertaining graphic novel. Thanks, Santa! And, to answer your question in the appended note: yes, definitely!

Rid posted:

A second package arrived this afternoon, with copies of The Eyre Affair by Jasper FForde and Vita Nostra by Marina & Sergey Dychenko. Thanks Santa! I'm looking forward to reading these over the coming break.

My pleasure! The two novels aren’t metafictional, but they are about books, so maybe they’re kinda metafictional adjacent-ish.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Numbuh 212 posted:

Another package arrived today! Truly am embarrassment of riches over here. I'm so excited to read all of these. Thank you so much!

Hey, I'm glad these all got there! The 3x Leguin combo was kind of an accident -- I forgot she was the translator on Kalpa Imperial -- but a happy one, hopefully. Enjoy!

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Hey, I'm glad these all got there! The 3x Leguin combo was kind of an accident -- I forgot she was the translator on Kalpa Imperial -- but a happy one, hopefully. Enjoy!

Definitely a happy one, I haven't actually read anything by her, but now I can correct this grievous oversight.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

NTRabbit posted:

It cost me an import duty of one chicken treat to Junior Customs Officer Bonnie, but I received book shaped and sized package today

Cool beans! I even had the first one on my Amazon wishlist that I didn't link, looking forward to reading both, thanks Santa!

Glad they passed through Bonnie's security check okay. I hope you like them!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I have received two awesome-looking books. One is Antivehicular's extra book, and the other is a Fitzcarraldo release from Gertrude Perkins. Thank you both!

I also have now sent out my package; misadventure prevented me from shipping it on Saturday. It should arrive by the end of the week.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Hooray, it arrived intact! I didn't know which one to get, but I read another of Zambra's books a while ago and really liked it, so I hope this one is good too!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

A package arrived yesterday but I didn't have a chance to open it until today! Didn't get a picture of it wrapped, but it was wrapped very nicely with a bow and everything:

Thank you Santa! I'm a big fan of Tenth of December, so I can't wait to sink my teeth into this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Chip McFuck posted:

A package arrived yesterday but I didn't have a chance to open it until today! Didn't get a picture of it wrapped, but it was wrapped very nicely with a bow and everything:

Thank you Santa! I'm a big fan of Tenth of December, so I can't wait to sink my teeth into this!

enjoy, that is an excellent book