Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Welcome to the Guilty Gear Strive tournament thread. This is going to be a double elimination EXCEED tournament using the following rules:

- Every participant will pick 3 characters from the GG:Strive EXCEED season ONLY, which they will use for the rest of the tournament.
- Participants will be randomly seeded at the start of the bracket, you will have 1 week to play your match.
- If the time limit is reached, winner will either be randomly determined or, if one person did not communicate during the week, the person that was still communicating.
- Games will be best 2 out of 3. For Winner's Finals, Loser's Final and Grandfinal, this will got to best 3 out of 5.
- Before starting the match, each player will secretly choose one of their opponent's characters to ban, and then reveal simultaneously. You will then choose simultenously the character you will play in the first match.
- If you lose a round, you can switch to your other character if you wish.
- Games will be played on TTS on either the Full Breakfast or official GG:Strive EXCEED mod.
- Winner of the tournament will be gifted a 30 dollar or less steam game from their wish-list.
- Organising the tournament/voice chat to be handled using the TGD Board goons Discord.

Please record interest below. You do not need to state your team when registering but please ensure that you submit your team by the start of registration. Registration will end on the 19th of November.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Should I join this? Probably not. I don't exactly have a ton of experience with the Strive characters, and I'm probably going to get blown out by someone better at deck-tracking than me.

On the other hand, I always enjoy an excuse to play some Exceed. So gently caress it, sign me up. Every tourney needs a few people who wash out in pools.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, this isn't going to be a sweaty tournament, so everyone is welcome! I only tried a couple of the characters myself.