Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Flikken posted:

Steelers went from averaging 15 points a game on offense, then after firing Canada they score 16 points.

To be fair, they went over 400 yards of offense for the first time in forever and actually looked competent moving the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Browns fans are just red-assed that TJ had 3 sacks today and is now ahead again bc of double teams or whatever

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhAJEPEHk4

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

:hmmyes:

pmchem posted:

3 and out and then a Gabe Davis fumble?

what's the matter, don't you believe in miracles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhAJEPEHk4

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Weebly posted:

An NFL soap would have 99 wide receivers and maybe a couple corner backs. It’s amazing how mercurial they are

I don't know where you could even find it these days (:filez:) but there was this ESPN drama/comedy in the early 2000s called Playmakers. It was nominally about football and mostly about all the poo poo players got up to off the field. Even moreso than The Rock's Ballers. Even though it was 100% fictional the league pressured them to shut it down after the first season. It was highly entertaining and if anything probably tamer than the Michael Irvin/LT era cocaine and hooker fueled reality.

Anyway if you have some time to kill and a way to watch it, I recommend it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I don't know where you could even find it these days (:filez:) but there was this ESPN drama/comedy in the early 2000s called Playmakers. It was nominally about football and mostly about all the poo poo players got up to off the field. Even moreso than The Rock's Ballers. Even though it was 100% fictional the league pressured them to shut it down after the first season. It was highly entertaining and if anything probably tamer than the Michael Irvin/LT era cocaine and hooker fueled reality.

Anyway if you have some time to kill and a way to watch it, I recommend it.

The main thing I remember from that is the star running back smoking crack before a game, breaking off the game winning TD as time expired, then fumbling at the 1 yard line because he was celebrating.

Also when he was an upcoming drug test the owner told him about so he had a catheter inserted into him to fill his bladder with urine. Except they of course had to make it look good for television so the catheter was like industrial sized honey drip gauge tubing.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh fun AJ Brown is a legit flat earther:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRvQsoeW/

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

my stepdad still has the Playmakers dvd set

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congratulations to my Panthers friends here.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1729150623273083146

Come on Gayle, get your typewriter ready.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That seems premature. I know they suck, but they were very much expected to suck

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

The main thing I remember from that is the star running back smoking crack before a game, breaking off the game winning TD as time expired, then fumbling at the 1 yard line because he was celebrating.

Also when he was an upcoming drug test the owner told him about so he had a catheter inserted into him to fill his bladder with urine. Except they of course had to make it look good for television so the catheter was like industrial sized honey drip gauge tubing.

I think about that any time my patient had a foley cath or needs one. Now we can fill your bladder with clean urine to pass a tox!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’ve never understood why teams hire a known bad coach to coach their bad roster and then fire him like immediately for being exactly what they knew he was. Why waste his time and your own?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

General Dog posted:

I’ve never understood why teams hire a known bad coach to coach their bad roster and then fire him like immediately for being exactly what they knew he was. Why waste his time and your own?

Who needs a good coach when your QB is a point guard?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Is that the shortest HC tenure not counting like interim guys?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Tepper is just angry that he personally chose the wrong QB in the draft and is lashing out like a child because they're so hosed going forward.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

The Athletic posted:

At 11 games, Reich’s tenure is the second-shortest in NFL history for a head coach who coached a regular-season game. The San Francisco 49ers fired Pete McCulley after a 1-8 start to the 1978 season.

(Two head coaches didn’t make it to the regular season; Bill Belichick resigned as New York Jets coach after one day in 2000, while George Allen was fired by the Los Angeles Rams after two preseason games in 1977.)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wilderthanmild posted:

The only one shorter was Pete McCulley, who was fired 9 games by the 49ers in 1978. He was the 3rd of 4 coaches fired by new owner Eddie DeBartolo in less than 3 seasons, and they would have fired another after another 2-14 season in 1979 but he decided to actually try and be a little bit patient this time, so Bill Walsh got more time and the rest is history.

EDIT: Yeah, and George Allen’s second stint with the LA Rams, but that didn’t even make it through preseason.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

God, imagine coaching fewer games than Urban Meyer before getting sacked

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

General Dog posted:

The one saving grace is that some up and coming coach's career doesn't get derailed. Plus the new young guys have a pretty long leash to do whatever they want. They can try to make a good impression. It's similar to what's happening in Las Vegas.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I'm pretty sure Russia pulled their starter between the 1st and 2nd period and the backup is the one who gave up the second two goals. Your story is fulla holes, X-Files!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I know people have ready decided Young is a failure but to be honest I think Reich just isn’t the offensive guru he once was so if you want to salvage him you might as well move on before any damage he did is permanent

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I know people have ready decided Young is a failure but to be honest I think Reich just isn’t the offensive guru he once was so if you want to salvage him you might as well move on before any damage he did is permanent

Reich and Thomas Brown built the offense together, supposedly.

Nothing changed at all when brown was calling plays: in fact things kinda got worse.

If they really care about saving Bryce he needs to “injure” his ankle again like in week 2 and just sit out the rest of the season. I’d prefer they don’t though because I’m ready for this farce to be over.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There's going to be like 8 coaches fired with only like 2-3 good candidates and the rest will be hosed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean coaching is a huge problem, but what's fixing this?

https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/1729167585923715442

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FizFashizzle posted:

Reich and Thomas Brown built the offense together, supposedly.

Nothing changed at all when brown was calling plays: in fact things kinda got worse.

If they really care about saving Bryce he needs to “injure” his ankle again like in week 2 and just sit out the rest of the season. I’d prefer they don’t though because I’m ready for this farce to be over.

They aren’t going to give up after a single year, they would be beyond stupid

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wanna know when owners start going all in on player coaches

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

There's going to be like 8 coaches fired with only like 2-3 good candidates and the rest will be hosed.

There are way more good candidates than that, they just aren't popularly known names yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I wanna know when owners start going all in on player coaches

Never, since coaches get all their money guaranteed and the league just coordinated to prevent that from happening with Lamar/ever happening again post-Deshaun

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Never, since coaches get all their money guaranteed and the league just coordinated to prevent that from happening with Lamar/ever happening again post-Deshaun

What I mean is coaches who used to play in the NFL like MCDC and Antonio Pierce and less beanpole dweeb coaches like Staley or McDaniel

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Panthers are one of the few teams in the NFL that are in worse positions than the Jets lmao

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What I mean is coaches who used to play in the NFL like MCDC and Antonio Pierce and less beanpole dweeb coaches like Staley or McDaniel

Those guys all have brain damage

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah but teams like the Bucs gotta move on from a guy like Bowles that clearly isn't it. Bring me *rolls dice* Bobby Slowik.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Those guys all have brain damage

Half a brain is an upgrade over some of these nepotism/inner circle hires

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

You mean a guy like Frank Reich

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Alaois posted:

You mean a guy like Frank Reich

Also guys like Jeff Fisher and Rich Kotite.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I thought Reich was a good hire..... Shows what I know.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1729164426258096453?t=nKEA-30aUOXosehDHy4bHQ&s=19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

I mean coaching is a huge problem, but what's fixing this?

https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/1729167585923715442

Ah, the reverse toe drag

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Seems like a good time for Panthers fans to switch to, I dunno, the Ravens. New team of the South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

Seems like a good time for Panthers fans to switch to, I dunno, the Ravens. New team of the South.

I really wish I had it in me to switch teams. It just wouldn't feel right.