Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Staley has plenty of problems getting the team to follow his scheme and for some reason his DBs play SO FAR off the line but the Chargers offense is extremely suspect and for as much love as Herbert gets he manages to avoid rightful criticism of his play at the end of games

https://twitter.com/BoltGang559/status/1728968778824986798?t=vIPsu6epn113N8lOZq_Gkg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Freaquency posted:

I’ll point out that they still only managed 16 points even if they did move the ball better

It was actually 23, that DJ one was a TD that was just not reviewed for incomprehensible reasons

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Isentropy posted:

This only works if you can actually find a qualified OC mid season though, like it’s really easy to fire someone for being mid and then realize you found someone way worse

Well Canadas much worse than mid. Cam cameron was also much worse. Either way any guy you get is just going to be calling that first guys plays as opposed to introducing a whole new playbook. Thats what we did with Caldwell where he used the same playbook to much better results

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Staley has plenty of problems getting the team to follow his scheme and for some reason his DBs play SO FAR off the line but the Chargers offense is extremely suspect and for as much love as Herbert gets he manages to avoid rightful criticism of his play at the end of games

https://twitter.com/BoltGang559/status/1728968778824986798?t=vIPsu6epn113N8lOZq_Gkg&s=19

This look usually works against the Ravens

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I'm not sure if you're stuck in 2021 or whatever but Herbert has been criticized to hell and back.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't know where else to post this as it's not exactly football-related (adjacent at best) but this made me laugh when I saw it

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
[in a big jeff voice] big sunscreen

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Skin cancer is only for the weak (self proclaimed Aryans)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/JackKennedy/status/1631036628830498819

from back in March

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They still get better QB play than the Jets do lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It doesn't matter. The cap isn't real. You keep signing, drafting and trying to get the guy til you get the guy at quarterback.

I dont care if we tried poo poo in the past. Why would you?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The only thing I remember from that game was the Ravens running a similar blitz with a DB twice and Herbert ate poo poo on both of them.

First one okay yeah they got him but the second once was baffling. Either he's not allowed to make any calls at all, somehow didn't notice the same blitz or just didn't care.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CharlestheHammer posted:

They aren’t going to give up after a single year, they would be beyond stupid

Josh Rosen nods as he reads this post.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Josh Rosen nods as he reads this post.

Difference was that the cardinals had another #1 overall pick to replace him with. The panthers do not have this and can't easily replace him so they have no choice but to hope hes just bad because of reich and the supporting cast. Because otherwise, what hope is there?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bryce has shown a lot more than Rosen did already.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

It doesn't matter. The cap isn't real. You keep signing, drafting and trying to get the guy til you get the guy at quarterback.

I guess maybe it's time to try poo poo with GMs I dunno though I do agree nothing matters until you get The Guy

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

BlindSite posted:

I think it's more that literally each of those was highly questionable in the moment in addition to failing. And literally none of them were just the usual "draft a well regarded prospect in the first round" that most QB needy teams do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ugh I hate having to run through the list all the time but remember it's hindsight bullshit and every move was what they had available to them at the time.

They had Herbert on their board when they took Horn and they made a few enquiries that year before they ended up with Darnold.

They'd also signed Bridgewater after he had a pretty decent comeback season.

Changing GMs im all for but you can't fault a franchise for taking the options available trying to find a starter. Like it lists cutting cam there. The dudes shoulder was completely cooked and it was obvious in new England.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A smart team would just sign the greatest QB ever in free agency and then win the Super Bowl. Pretty easy imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wow what a terrible MNF game.

On to week 13!.