Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
we have euphronius, who isn't kawa but is nonetheless a unique individual who brings A Quality to every thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

we have euphronius, who isn't kawa but is nonetheless a unique individual who brings A Quality to every thread

If by “A Quality” you mean “Mr. Logan’s same terrible blame the refs/NFL for everything” gimmick, sure.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Nobody said it was a good quality

(i appreciate the chaos he brings to the nfc east thread, it's loving art)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's sad that so many of us have been so changed by age and the mundane world that we can't appreciate true poo poo posting anymore. I myself complained about Kawlimus posting too much just weeks ago. Can innocence lost ever be reclaimed?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What the gently caress?
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1727035428803428360?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Huh, I heard he wasn't playing like anything special anymore, but that's very weird to just cut a guy like that this late into the season.

Also I thought he went by Shaquille since last year?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Paging the Eagles

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No one is claiming him and his $6m salary the rest of the year, but he'll probably sign with a contender after he clears.

Also, I guess he's bad now?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
PFF (I know) has him ranked #62 apparently.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1727038295585046678?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I thought Devin White was good what happened there?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

To get tweets to embed you need click a tweet then copy the link from tweet's share feature. That will copy the link using the original "twitter.com" address.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

He doesn't know what the gently caress he's doing unless it's blitz the QB. A complete liability against the run and in coverage. Constantly washed out during runs. Loses his man in coverage and bites on any fake. He's fast as hell tho!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Docjowles posted:

Most of the super athlete ILBs are dumb guys you can't cover for poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

from

Qualifying punts are ones where 1. the decision to punt changes the WP (winning probability) and B. a field goal has 0% chance of succeeding. Chart tracks the intersection of 1. Would it have been better to just go for it instead? (low Y: yes || high Y: no) and 2. Did you give up points after punting? (left X: yes, frequently || right X: no, infrequently). So think of it as "shrewd situational football decisions" x "quality of defense against a long field"

Broncos are an outlier here thanks to that Dolphins game. Vikings are an outlier thanks to the Cousins injury meaning they don't go for it on fourth down even when it'd otherwise make sense. Browns and Jaguars have great defenses.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

AndrewP posted:

Paging the Eagles

had this exact thought

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Kalli posted:

Huh, I heard he wasn't playing like anything special anymore, but that's very weird to just cut a guy like that this late into the season.

Yeah it’s weird to use the name he asked people not to use anymore.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's sad that so many of us have been so changed by age and the mundane world that we can't appreciate true poo poo posting anymore. I myself complained about Kawlimus posting too much just weeks ago. Can innocence lost ever be reclaimed?

Yes, if SSRIs/SNRIs work for you.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Shocked they fired Canada.

quote:

The Steelers' offense has struggled through Canada's tenure as offensive coordinator, never eclipsing 400 yards of offense in his 45-game career, including playoffs. The Steelers were the only team in that stretch to not reach 400 yards, while 31 other teams hit that benchmark at least four times each. The Steelers were also outgained in 31 of their 45 games with Canada as offensive coordinator, including their 2021 AFC wild-card loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Obligatory

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1727054277347029278

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

three things -

- Moss was God's perfect wide receiver

- Cunningham's mechanics look so loose and sloppy compared to the robots of today

- what were the Dallas safeties doing?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Fourth thing: why are the Vikings wearing their home jerseys on the road?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That turf always wigs me out, it looks like they’re playing on a ping pong table.

And those are the most ‘90s fans you can get, holy loly

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Are they playing on painted concrete or rubber mats or something?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Fourth thing: why are the Vikings wearing their home jerseys on the road?

Cowboys home colours are white, so teams usually wear their home jersey at home cowboys games

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Are they playing on painted concrete or rubber mats or something?

Literally this stuff

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, that turf was pure misery to play on.

But you sure could run fast on it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Some people don't like her, but the best duo in the NFL is Justin Herbert and the word "if" is a great joke:

https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1727027020037836933

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Leonard to the Steelers would make a tremendous amount of sense

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A Flex!

... oh god who cares, why are you moving the possibly good game to 1?

12/3

Broncos @ Texans moved to 1pm EST

Panthers @ Buccaneers moved to 4pm

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Why would you move panthers buccs to afternoon, who wants to see that slop

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Looking at the schedule, I now get it

4:30 - 49ers @ Eagles

Yeah go ahead and move the worst slop on earth to oppose that, ain't nobody gonna watch it when they can see that one.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yeah it seems like it’ll expand strand’s reach

especially when last night got these numbers

https://twitter.com/simtek34/status/1727073523221278976?s=46

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Some people don't like her, but the best duo in the NFL is Justin Herbert and the word "if" is a great joke:

"Its fire" was pretty great.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When was the last time the Browns and Lions both had winning seasons? Because it is dangerously close to happening.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Kalli posted:

I love her videos!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

When was the last time the Browns and Lions both had winning seasons? Because it is dangerously close to happening.

Off the top of my head, 1994. Belichick won a playoff game with the Browns and the Lions were dragged to relevance by Barry.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

He's not been playing well at all this year. The injuries have pretty much ruined him and he's probably not ever gonna get back to where he was which sucks because he was great when he was healthy.

He's been complaining about playing time too, so I figure this is a way to get him to another team that might use him more or possibly a contender. I don't think he'll suddenly improve on another team, but it couldn't hurt to kick the tires on him if you're needing LB help. This also saves the Colts some cap room in future years.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

Off the top of my head, 1994. Belichick won a playoff game with the Browns and the Lions were dragged to relevance by Barry.

Speaking of Barry, the new documentary about him just came out, and you'll never guess who isn't thrilled about it!

https://twitter.com/LionsMLive/status/1727059820220461098?t=jbEBqEqyLXiMe_gRnoLT0A&s=19

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

AndrewP posted:

- Cunningham's mechanics look so loose and sloppy compared to the robots of today

QBs now have a much quicker release than they used to but Cunningham's windup was long for even back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Cowboys home colours are white, so teams usually wear their home jersey at home cowboys games

No poo poo, I never noticed that. What about away games then, they just wear whites again?