Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

my bony fealty posted:

cracking open a 19.2 Oz can. its a double hazy fruity IPA. 11% abv. can art looks like neon vomit. great time to drink beer in America.

The hazy ipas are basically 4loko at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I do like stones fml because it does taste decent and it's $3 for a tall can

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
drank an anchor steam tonight

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
got some pbr tallboys in da fridge

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

pour an espresso shot in a big can of double imperial ipa and youve made the new four loko

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

no caffeine!!!

they're just standard alcopops, which are very much in vogue, but with a beer theme

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

my bony fealty posted:

pour an espresso shot in a big can of double imperial ipa and youve made the new four loko

4loko would taste better and probably make me vomit sooner

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I am 100% down to drink some crazy hop syrup 13% triple imperial bitter ipa but I'm also 100% down to drink modelo...i can appreciate all beers

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

I wish there were some local German style places. I love me a good doppelbock but it's just not much of a thing outside of a 30-minute trip to specific beer gardens.

rn I’m drinking an imperial bock from Wild Acre brewery out of Ft. Worth. 12oz 8.8% abv skinny can with a cowboy riding an armadillo and a mushroom cloud on it. they call it a Bock Bock

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Love that hamms. Currently pounding a Coors. Not the light pussy poo poo. That golden full flavor can.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
My number one is a hazy IPA called Apparition. It's normal though, 5.6% and I would rate it "quite" hoppy and "a little bit" sweet.

crepeface posted:

Bourbon Barrel-Aged Coconut Cacao Imperial Stout 12.7% ABV 30 IBU. Anaheim, CA

lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

had a creme brulee stout the other day and it was terrible

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm an old rasputin kinda guy. that's my fav but dark beers in general

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mr Hootington posted:

Love that hamms. Currently pounding a Coors. Not the light pussy poo poo. That golden full flavor can.

Tap the rockies, my dude :cheers:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

coors banquet, brought to you by adolph coors

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i love those tiny bottles lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

You try Brother Thelonious? Also made by North Coast and really good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

no caffeine!!!

they're just standard alcopops, which are very much in vogue, but with a beer theme

i can drink infinite twisted teas

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

gently caress yeah

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Vox Nihili posted:

yes, another favorite of mine

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

If I had to pick, it would either be Pliny the Elder from Russian River or Ruination Ale from Stone. And the perfectly balanced Anchor Steam of course. Fortunately I don't have to pick! There are lots of great beers

Currently enjoying a rose though :pwn:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Les Os posted:

rn I’m drinking an imperial bock from Wild Acre brewery out of Ft. Worth. 12oz 8.8% abv skinny can with a cowboy riding an armadillo and a mushroom cloud on it. they call it a Bock Bock

Sounds baller I'd love 2 try that

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Bilirubin posted:

If I had to pick, it would either be Pliny the Elder from Russian River or Ruination Ale from Stone. And the perfectly balanced Anchor Steam of course. Fortunately I don't have to pick! There are lots of great beers

Currently enjoying a rose though :pwn:

honestly not that crazy about pliney
A place near me sells crates of it and I just don't get it.
I know it was legendary at one point but now every other brewery has a passable clone

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

Old raspy is dope and cheap as chips. Like its usually as cheap as the macrobrews by me lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

At family nd all I've had is budweiser modelo and lagunitas. Its not much but its honest work

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Scrimshaw is just a tremendous pilsner, the single best grocery store beer out there.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
love me some scrimshaw. such simple, crisp, clean flavors. just how a pilsner should be.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

California Common Steam Beer 2

5 lbs Briess Light DME
1 lb Gambrinus Honey Malt (25L)
0.25 lb Dingemans Biscuit malt (20L)
5 AAU Northern Brewer (Boil 60 minutes)
1 oz Northern Brewer (Boil 10 minutes)
1 oz Northern Brewer (Finish)
Giga Golden Gate Lager yeast or White Labs San Francisco Lager yeast

Place grains in a grain bag. Put the grain bag into 1 gallon of water and heat to 155F. Steep for 30 Minutes at 155F. Remove the grain bag and drain into the brew pot. You can rinse the bag with hot water but do not squeeze the bag. After removing the grains add water to bring the total to 6 gallons.
Add the Briess Dry Malt Extract (DME) and bring to a boil. Add Northern Brewer hops and boil for 60 minutes. Next add the Northern Brewer finishing hops and cool the wort as quickly as possible.
Pitch the yeast and aerate when temperature has dropped below 60 oF. Best results will be obtained if you ferment around 57F - 60F.

if you're in the bay please patronize our store I would like to make enough money to pay rent thank you

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Smythe posted:

jesus christ

Better then tangerine flavored beer

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

i liek beer. rip to anchor steam. still lotta good beers out there tho

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
PNW so every bar has 15 handles, 12 are IPAs, and 11 of them taste like poo poo

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

BULBASAUR posted:

PNW so every bar has 15 handles, 12 are IPAs, and 11 of them taste like poo poo

Getting flashbacks to going to modern times in Portland and of the 20 or 30 beers on tap, half were hazy IPAs. Maybe only 2 were not pale ales of any sort.

They closed that location a year or two later for reasons

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i like a good wheat beer

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The local breweries try to get too clever by half and for the most part end up producing faddish, undrinkable garbage. I like a Heineken or a Miller High Life

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

nothing beats a super funky open fermentation sour or wild ale

been telling myself i’m going to try brewing a kettle sour for the last year but i’ve been too lazy to get the equipment out for a brew day

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I would say the best beer I've ever had was a Flemish red sour ale

Carbon_Based_Life
Aug 31, 2023

Mr Hootington posted:

I will never understand how Coors Light can taste so much like extremely watered down armpit sweat, when Coors Banquet is so good.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Incredibly good.txt but I enjoy a lager or pilsner with some bloody mary mix and lime juice

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

spacemang_spliff posted:

Incredibly good.txt but I enjoy a lager or pilsner with some bloody mary mix and lime juice

Yah, lil salt sprinkle

I'm drinking another pbr rn

Cold beer is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Yah, lil salt sprinkle

I'm drinking another pbr rn

Cold beer is great