Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Operación Guillotina
We’re already simulating a World War III that never was, why aren’t we roleplaying in it? Announcing a Twilight: 2000 roleplaying game set in the world of The Long Afternoon War.

What is The Long Afternoon War?
It’s a Co-op campaign that started in DCS World but expanded to Arma 3 missions, Command Modern Operations missions, and maybe some Euro Truck Sim 2 missions.

Some videos tell the tale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_mCf0mL9IE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhAwpb5XYOQ

Bottom Line Up Front I am looking for 4-5 players for this game of combat and espionage heavy roleplaying, who can commit to a few sessions to start. We’ll be using the AirGoons discord (https://discord.gg/airgoons) for voice, and Foundry VTT for all the visuals. Between game discussion will happen here though we’ll have a text channel in the AirGoons discord for light stuff. No prior knowledge of the Twilight: 2000 system is needed, we’ll teach it and make characters during a session 0. Game will be either Tuesdays or Thursdays, 7pm eastern (running till about 10pm), or Saturdays 10 am eastern running to about 1pm. Initial commitment is likely 2-4 sessions, depending on how quickly things go.

The world is embroiled in a global war triggered by Russia's aggression in Europe. China and Russia dominate the East, pushing NATO forces back. South America becomes a key battleground as China attempts to secure a foothold, prompting a desperate last stand by united Latin American nations. With time running out for South America and promised reinforcements slow to arrive, the continent braces for a desperate struggle for its freedom.

This will be a game played over a few sessions, anthology style, and how the game goes will have impacts in the overall campaign. We’ll play as many sessions as the story we’re telling takes, then take a break, then do some more with new people or the same people, we’ll see how it goes! If the main campaign needs our players to get some task done, we’ll saddle up and do it, and if things are “quiet” we’ll have some time off and downtime.

Characters will be special forces, or government agents, or maybe even a retired US soldier of fortune, and we’ll use the lifepath system to make characters.

Players will be asked to write in character play reports to help tie in with the greater TLAW campaign.

Special Forces
The various nations that make up the Council of South American Defense have many special forces units, listed below for inspiration.
Brazil:
  • Comando de Operações Especiais (COE): Nicknamed "Caveira" (Skull), Brazil's premier special forces unit. Trained in counter-terrorism, hostage rescue, urban warfare, and jungle operations.
  • Batalhão de Operações Policiais Especiais (Bope): Rio de Janeiro's elite police special forces, known for their high-profile hostage rescues and urban operations in favelas.
  • Grupo de Resgate e Operações Táticas (GROT): São Paulo's special police unit, adept in urban warfare, counter-terrorism, and hostage rescue.
  • Comandos Anfíbios: Marines trained in maritime infiltration, counter-insurgency, and amphibious operations.
Argentina:
  • Grupo de Operaciones Especiales (GEO): Argentina's primary special forces unit, trained in counter-terrorism, hostage rescue, jungle warfare, and mountain operations.
  • Ala 1 del Comando Aéreo Militar: Argentine Air Force Special Forces Group, specializing in aerial infiltration, counter-terrorism, and hostage rescue.
  • Buzos Tácticos de la Armada (BTA): Navy Marine Commandos skilled in underwater infiltration, sabotage, and maritime counter-terrorism.
Chile:
  • Comando de Fuerzas Especiales (COMFES): Chile's elite special forces unit, trained in counter-terrorism, hostage rescue, mountain warfare, and jungle operations.
  • Grupo de Operaciones Policiales Especiales (GOPE): Chilean Carabineros special forces, responsible for high-risk police operations and hostage rescue.
  • Fuerza de Despliegue Rápido (FDE): Chilean Marine special forces trained in amphibious operations, counter-insurgency, and maritime counter-terrorism.
Peru:
  • Fuerzas Especiales del Ejército (FES): Peru's main special forces unit, focused on counter-terrorism, hostage rescue, jungle warfare, and drug trafficking interdiction.
  • Grupo Especial de Inteligencia del Perú (GEIN): Police special forces, specializing in hostage rescue, counter-terrorism, and urban operations.
  • Unidad Táctica Especial de la Marina (UTEM): Peruvian Navy special forces trained in underwater infiltration, amphibious operations, and maritime counter-terrorism.

Like the CIA of America, these countries operate clandestine intelligence agencies as well:
  • Brazil’s Departamento de Inteligência e Contra-Inteligência (DINT): This military intelligence agency reportedly maintains clandestine units for covert operations, though concrete details about their activities are shrouded in secrecy.
  • Argentina’s Side: The Secretaría de Inteligencia del Estado (Side) is Argentina's primary intelligence agency, known to have historically engaged in covert operations during the Cold War and Dirty War eras. While its current clandestine activities are less documented, its potential for such operations remains.
  • Chile’s Agencia Nacional de Inteligencia (ANI): Chile's main intelligence agency has faced accusations of clandestine activity, including surveillance and manipulation of domestic politics. While specific operations remain unconfirmed, its potential for covert actions shouldn't be disregarded.
  • Chile also has the Dirección de Inteligencia del Ejército (DINE): The Army's intelligence branch could potentially be involved in covert operations, particularly related to national security concerns.
  • Peru's Direcion Nacional de Inteligencia (DINI): Peru's intelligence agency has been linked to past covert operations, including counterinsurgency efforts against Shining Path guerrillas. Its current involvement in clandestine activities is unclear, but its capabilities shouldn't be underestimated.

That said, if you have an interesting concept, we can talk about it!
The Mission

The PLA frontline is approximately 50 km north of Punta Arenas, an occupied Chilean city of 120,000 people. It’s a major shipping hub for men and material coming east across the Strait of Magellan. After assembling in Puerto Natales, the Guillotine Team will infiltrate past enemy lines and into Punta Arenas. Once there, they will make contact with a resistance group known as Pioneros de Magallanes (Magellan's Pioneers) to provide combat support and establish observation and intelligence gathering in the area.
When do we start?
Post up if you’re interested, I’d love to get a mix of DCS:TLAW regulars and new people to infuse more blood into the game world. We’ll talk about concepts and ideas and then set a date for a session 0 and go from there!

Player intros start here

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
I'm not familiar with Foundry VTT, but I've been itching to get back into some TTRPG stuff, I've only been playing IRL and the game I've been running ran into a scheduling hiccup the last time I was in the same area as my players. I do believe a certain young, missing pilot's brother may have family elsewhere in the military or gov't service, and may add a fun element to role playing.

My only caveat is that my schedule's kinda floompy, so I'll wait to see what other kind of interest there is before I try to commit.

Taps
Aug 14, 2009
In. [Crab]

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Foundry is easy and most of it is just click what you need to click, so you'll pick it up quick. We'll do a learning pass as part of session 0.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
This seems super cool, and I’m definitely interested. Evening schedule conflicts may be a bit of an issue, since I’m already fairly committed to several games, but I could probably make things work for the occasional session.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I posted to round up some new blood in the recruitment thread, then we'll look to set an in person session 0 and talk about pbp vs live sessions there.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
This sounds cool as hell, I'd love to get involved.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
I can't believe someone is hauling Twilight: 2000 out in TYOOL 2024. It's like seeing someone do an NES game off of the OG hardware.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Which edition of T2k you planning to use?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Spiteski posted:

Which edition of T2k you planning to use?

ArbitraryTA posted:

I can't believe someone is hauling Twilight: 2000 out in TYOOL 2024. It's like seeing someone do an NES game off of the OG hardware.

The current edition from a couple years ago.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
The new updated system looks pretty neat! I’ve never played it before, but I was checking out a blog from someone playing a solo campaign variant of it and it seems quite fun and compelling.

https://mindlands.blog/2022/01/02/escape-from-kalisz-a-twilight-2000-solo-mini-campaign/

Kaal fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 16, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Alright let's see if we can get a session 0 on the books. Any winners here?

https://whenisgood.net/59iff7c

Right now looking at Kaal, Veritek83, Taps, and SS-Kumei. I miss anyone?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
If you're open to another I'd be down to try a session or three and see how it works with my schedule

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Elendil004 posted:

Right now looking at Kaal, Veritek83, Taps, and SS-Kumei. I miss anyone?

filled out, could possibly have some additional availability on either of the Sundays

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mederlock posted:

If you're open to another I'd be down to try a session or three and see how it works with my schedule

sure throw your name on the whenisgood

Kaal
May 22, 2002

I filled it out as well. Should we indicate each of our open hours, or when a three-hour session could begin?

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
Filled out based on my understanding of my schedule.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Kaal posted:

I filled it out as well. Should we indicate each of our open hours, or when a three-hour session could begin?

Ideally when the 3 hour session could begin but we're down to 1 slot and 2 folks still to fill it out so this week is probably hosed, will put up another tomorrow unless the last two can miraculously do tomorrow.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Elendil004 posted:

Ideally when the 3 hour session could begin but we're down to 1 slot and 2 folks still to fill it out so this week is probably hosed, will put up another tomorrow unless the last two can miraculously do tomorrow.

Alrighty fair. Well I added a few more hours of availability to my response. If evening sessions are what folks need, then I can probably swap things around and make something work.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

Right now looking at Kaal, Veritek83, Taps, Mederlock, and SS-Kumei. I miss anyone?

I extended this through next week.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4042524&perpage=40&pagenumber=24#post537310429

looks like we have a potential infiltration route.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
Updated my schedule, to the best of my ability. Currently it's a crapshoot, should be good 4pm onwards US Central time for the next week or so minus Saturday, and I think I'm free Sunday, and then things get complicated while I sail out into the Gulf for up to a few days at a time. I apologize for being difficult to plan for, normally it's pretty easy but my team's ramping up and our schedule is written in mud.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Session 0 will occur in the Airgoons discord, Friday, Feb 2nd, 1900 Eastern. Kumei if you can't make it we'll circle up solo and take care of you.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Before session 0, let’s talk about how character generation works and a little system in general. We’ll have this stuff for reference during session 0 but I wanted to do a quick rundown.

We’ll use this fillable PDF to follow along

So lets take a look at it in sections.

Name, nationality are self explanatory. Age we’ll determine as we go depending on how many years of service you end up with. Basically, after a certain point in the career path there’s a chance war breaks out and when that happens, that’s your age. CUF is Coolness under Fire, a measure of keeping calm in combat, it’ll get sorted later.

When we start the lifepaths, you are 18 and your CUF is a D.

The main 4 attributes are:
  • STRENGTH (STR): Muscle power, toughness, and physical endurance
  • AGILITY (AGL): Body control, speed, and fine motor skills
  • INTELLIGENCE (INT): Perception, intellect, and mental stability
  • EMPATHY (EMP): Charisma, amiability, and emotional stability

A, B, C, D represent the base die type rolled for a test using that attribute. A’s are D12s, B D10s, C D8s, and D D6s. A success is rolling a 6 or better. We can get into the weeds of adding dice later on but basically a higher letter rank in a skill or attribute means a bigger die means a better chance of succeeding.

You start with C in all attributes, and can assign 2D3 increases. Bumping Strength from C to A would cost 2, for example.

Childhood

You can roll a d6 or choose from coming from a small town or working class, or affluence, etc. In this example let’s look at being a Street Kid

So you are going to pick one skill out of those listed, and take that at a D rating, then roll or pick a speciality. When you look at specialty's, think: feats. They give little modifiers to rolls or allow you to do special things.

You’ll mark the skill and speciality down and then choose an adulthood career. You could join the military right away, or work blue collar, or go to college. Some things have requirements, for example, in order to be an intelligence agent, you need an INT of at least B, and have spent one term in education. So let’s say we look at education first.

So let’s say you pick Sciences, because your INT is already a B+. You get two skill picks as an adult, so first you get the tech skill as it’s the only choice, and then you can choose from the general skills of stamina, mobility, or driving.

You make a skill roll against one of those two skills to see if you did well enough to excel in your career and earn a speciality. In the military this also counts as promotion.

The Cycle
Then, you age 1d6 years, and then roll 1d8, if the 1d8 is lower than terms completed (so you can’t fail on term 1), war breaks out and you get one final at war career. If it’s higher, you pick another career, maybe you pick up intelligence now that you’re qualified, or maybe you do a stint in the military first.

Maybe you start a criminal, then join the military and rank up until war breaks out. There’s a lot of options and you can let the dice decide for you or make some more informed choices.

Cleaning Up
Finally, there’s some housekeeping like picking a moral code and a dream, picking a buddy, some equipment, etc.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Session 0 tonight 7pm eastern, if you want to listen in we're on the Airgoons Discord

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
Hello, all, I'm Kumei, or Inches as I'm known to the fly-boi scooter squad. My work schedule is kind of terrible, but eventually I'll be playing Sargento Segundo Dante "Al Toque" Laguna, a Peruvian soldier who took this mission to get him closer to finding his dear, missing Abuela who was visiting in Punta Arenas when the war were declared.

Dante Laguna, born in Peru to a meager family, often needing to resort to scrounging about the streets for extra cash or food to help his family week to week. This did not always go well, and while a fighter Dante was not, he got good at getting away from the other kids of the street. As he got older, he was able to help his parents in their work, and their fortunes changed somewhat so they began having a bit extra to go around.
Once Dante was old enough, he became the first in his family to go to college, and he seemed to be excelling. In classes for electrical engineering, he excelled, taking to soldering and repairing circuits like a second language. But, much as he seemed to be doing well, something was missing, and with great regret, he cut his education short at two years and took to the road.
At age 20, freshly dropped out of a promising college career, Dante found himself being recruited in to a shipping company. A driver of some repute, Dante earned his epithet "Al Toque" for his uncanny ability to make great time on his routes, due to some combination of luck and excellent navigational acumen.
After six years driving, once again feeling that something wasn't quite right, Dante enlisted into the Peruvian army, serving three years in the Peruvian 6th Jungle Infantry Company, where he learned proper firearm operation as well as learning how to make his way through the jungle. He even began making sport of sneaking up on his fellow soldiers in his camp. Something his Sergeants did not approve of. He did not leave the Army in disgrace, though he repeatedly was passed over for promotion.
When it was time for him to move on, rather than actually separate from the Army, the 125th Commando Infantry Battalion offered to take him in. And, finally, he felt like life was right. When the Russians invaded a world away in 2008, while the training evolutions adapted to the situations that they could find out about, Dante barely gave the brewing war much thought. "We'll prepare, in case it is needed," he would say to his battalion, "But who would come all the way here to invade?"

When the war finally reached the shores of Tierra del Fuego, Dante had urged his Abuela to leave Punta Arenas, where she had been visiting nieces and nephews, until he lost contact with her. When the opportunity came to be deployed on a special mission, he was practically chomping at the bit. While his professional marks were somewhat lacking, he had always managed to rub the command just a bit too much the wrong way, his self-sustainability and reputation among his squad made enough waves that his dossier made it to the right desk.

Now he finds himself in Rio Turbio, trying to wash that disgusting North American mock-coffee out of his mouth from the flight over, awaiting what may be the most important thing he had ever done in any of his careers...

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Alrighty, I'm looking forward to playing this game. I haven't tried out Twilight: 2000 before, but it looks like a really cool system.

Session 0 was great, and it looks like we've got a number of good characters. Here is the introduction for mine:

quote:

SM Luis Marcelo Martinez
Amphibious Commandos Group - IMARA

Martinez grew up as a Working-Class kid on the streets of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in the barrio of South Almagro. As a teenager he helped part-time as a Mechanic in his father's taxi-cab garage, but he never really picked up an affinity for technology. What he learned was the value of discipline and hard work. See where you want to go, and follow the road that gets it done. His motto is that leadership is not a prize, but rather a duty and a responsibility. He started with not much, and his father with even less, but he knew his family was going places.

Straight out of high school he joined the Argentinean Naval Infantry - Infantería de Marina de la Armada de la República Argentina - or as they're called in Hollywood: the Marines. These Combat Arms guys were tough hombres, and he learned a lot about becoming a Rifleman, but he wanted to work with the best. So once he got promoted, he put in his papers to apply for Special Operations. He pushed through the grueling months of training, and finally he was accepted into Agrupación de Comandos Anfibios (APCA). If dad's garage was a poor fit for Martinez, then the Amphibious Commandos Group was the perfect one. He learned to be a Ranger, a Paratrooper, an Infiltrator, and above all a Sniper. After 18 years, Martinez found himself having spent more of his life within IMARA than outside of it. He rang in his 36th birthday while undergoing SERE Training, and drat it - that was the way he liked it.

Now he's the APCA battalion's senior noncommissioned officer, a Suboficial Mayor. In the US Marine Corps he'd have been a Sergeant Major. He has a lot of responsibilities, but he still has to salute every butter bar Teniente de corbeta that he comes across. But that's alright, because really he's saluting the rank, and the flag of Argentina. She's given him everything, and now that war has broken out he's ready to give something back.

The Amphibious Commandos have a long and proud tradition, as they're one of the oldest special operations forces in Latin America (after their fellow Argentineans in the Agrupación de Buzos Tacticos or “Tactical Divers Group” of Naval Submarine Command). They were the first to land near Port Stanley and seize the British Government House during the Guerra de las Malvinas, and have earned a fierce reputation ever since. While Operación Guillotina is focused on Punta Arenas, Chile, Martinez dreams of upholding the legacy of the APCA and retaking the entirety of occupied Tierra del Fuego. Argentinean territory cannot be stolen by invaders - Chinese or otherwise.

"Stirps Virilis"

Kaal fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 9, 2024

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to this too! Here's my dude:

quote:

Sargento Segundo Jorge Briceño
Dirección de Inteligencia del Ejército

Jorge is a middle-aged man hailing from the southern city of Punta Arenas, Chile. Born into privilege, he leveraged his advantages to pursue a degree in communications engineering at a prestigious university. However, fate took an unexpected turn when 2 non-descript men in suits showed up and made him an offer so interesting, he was powerless to refuse.

Headhunted by the Chilean Army's Intelligence Directorate(DINE), Jorge was groomed to be an off-the-books operative specializing in signals collection and intelligence. His handlers recognizing the value of a uniform, he was eventually inducted into the military, granting him privileged access to classified information and equipment. Field operations became second nature as he honed his combat skills, with a particular emphasis on first aid to navigate the hazards inherent in operating behind enemy lines.

The intelligence agency, recognizing Jorge's potential, redirected his path toward a darker role. He was transformed into a silent, lethal force – an assassin specializing in tracking and eliminating key military personnel. Jorge's strategic mind and penchant for stealth made him an invaluable asset in the shadows. It was during this time that he earned his nickname "Aguja", given for his uncanny aptitude for tracking down officers and important equipment during opposing force exercises; finding the 'needle in a haystack'.

As global tensions escalated into a full-scale war between East and West, the DINE adapted its strategy. Recognizing the eventual threat to South America, Jorge's training took a new direction. The Directorate began arming and training sleeper cells, preparing for the potential invasion of their homeland. Jorge became a linchpin in this covert initiative, his expertise crucial in molding and guiding the emerging network of stay-behind agents.

Now, as the terrible mantle of war descends upon the world, Jorge finds himself at the forefront of a clandestine struggle, navigating the chaos with a deadly precision that only a man of his background and training could possess. His journey from privileged beginnings to the murky shadows of warfare reflects a life shaped by duty and a commitment to protecting his homeland at any cost.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 7, 2024

Taps
Aug 14, 2009

Đa Minh Germain grew up always hearing about the good days. Before Ho Chi Minh, when his family had land, prospects and education. His grandmother had married into a French colonialist family in Southern Vietnam, and they lived a good life. It was all his father and mother spoke of during Da Minh’s growing up in France. And so Da Minh learned how his rightful homeland was stolen out from under him by the communists while the Americans did nothing but bomb the poo poo out of anything that moved (or didn’t). An average student, his scores didn’t belie a soaring career in higher education, and with a several generational grudge weighing down his back he enlisted in the Légion étrangère to serve abroad and a purpose.

He spent his first 5 years as a grunt running drills and point before he was able to test into the Military Academy where he studied Psychological Warfare and other command roles over a three year period. He was put in charge of a platoon in the 2ème REI with several deployments over the ensuing years to Afghanistan and involvement with EUFOR Tchad/RCA in Chad. Seeing the looming threat of Chinese aggression, at the rank of 2nd LT,. Da Minh transferred to the Pathfinders Special Operations force at the age of 32. It is here he has found himself deployed to support operations in and around Puerto Natales…

Taps fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 6, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

13 March, 2010, 0600
Briefing Room, Julio Gallardo Airbase, Puerto Natales, Chile

The briefing room at Puerto Natales couldn’t be more purposefully nondescript if it tried. A single projector and projector screen, a faux wood table with standard grade C office chairs arrayed to either side. At the head of the table you see a woman in her late 40s, with olive skin that’s been weathered by years of Patagonian winds and sun. Her dark hair is streaked with gray, and is pulled back into a bun that probably started military-tight this earlier in the day. She wears the uniform of a Chilean Army Officer, but her rank is noticeably missing.

She stands, and invites you all to sit, “My name is Colonel Gabriela Fernandez, I’ll be providing the briefing and will operate as your contact officer back on this side of the line during your Guillotine deployment.” You recognize the name, well, more like you recognize the nickname you’d never call her to her face... ‘La Llama’ (the flame), from her fiery red hair in her younger years, and her equally fiery exploits against leftist guerrillas in the post-dictatorship 1990s in Chile.

Flashback, Jorge Briceño, 24 years old - You’re ushered into a tense operations room being run by then Major Fernandez. As a relatively junior intelligence agent yourself, you’ve worked a couple low level assets on this corruption, narcotics trafficking, and treason case. You clutch a briefing booklet you’ve worked hard on, your reason for being here but before you can present it, you’re hushed and pushed off to the side, rapidly forgotten.

Through the feed from a pair of black and white closed circuit tv cameras you see a warehouse, could be anywhere in the world, but you guess it’s on the outskirts of Valpariso. After a few minutes a white van pulls up, and four armed men haul a woman in a ball gown with a bag over her head out of the van. You overhear one of the officers in the room confirm the woman’s identity as an agent you had met once or twice in passing, captured late last night. The room turns to Fernandez who asks, “Well she’s alive, how far out is the our quick reaction force?” two hours, comes the answer. Fernandez grips the side of her chair, you’re close enough to see the knuckles flash white as she stares at the feed. You catch a quick glimpse of pain? Regret? Some sort of feeling flashes across her eyes, then her gaze hardens. “That’s too long, she knows too much, and she won’t take well to torture...Execute the contingency.” The room bustles, phones are picked up, and word is passed on a secure radio. Twenty-six thousand feet above the warehouse a pilot burning holes in the sky for reasons above his paygrade receives the strangest release clearance of his career. He follows orders, and a single bomb falls free, punching through the soft clouds and the cameras turn to static. “Confirm, direct hit.” an officer monitoring a different feed says. Fernandez sighs and says, “Dammit, this sets us back months. Debrief that pilot as soon as he lands, make sure his story is straight, and find me another agent.” She turns to Briceno and tersely orders “Report.” Back to the briefing room at Julio Gallardo... You know first-hand the stoic professionalism of Colonel Fernandez, and know she won’t shy away from the harsh realities of this mission. The rest of you, only really know reputation.

“Let me be the first to welcome you to Operation Guillotine, the CSAD’s effort to work more closely with the resistance groups in occupied Tierra Del Fuego. As you likely know, the PLA frontline is approximately 50 km north of Punta Arenas, an occupied Chilean city of 120,000 people. It’s a major shipping hub for men and material coming westward across the Strait of Magellan. Your mission is to infiltrate your Guillotine Team across enemy lines and into occupied Punta Arenas. Once there, make contact with a resistance group known as Pioneros de Magallanes (Magellan's Pioneers) to provide combat support and establish observation and intelligence gathering in the area.You’ll need to make contact with ‘La Gaviota’, the resistance leader. Unfortunately the PLA cracked down early and wiped out much of the senior leadership, so we don’t have anything more than a nickname to go by.”

She reaches into a folder and slides a set of papers down the table, covering several call and response code phrases, “These should have been changed out on the first of the month, but nobody’s made contact through our regular channels, so this is the best we have. Memorize them, because you can’t take it with you.”

“Once you make contact, assess their capabilities and establish comms back with Guillotine Force HQ, here. When we start hitting Punta Arenas proper, we will need all the local fighters we can muster to disrupt PLA communications and command nodes, provide intel on surface to air emplacements, and generally force-multiply our boots on the ground.”

“The first order of business is infiltration. We didn’t bring you together to micromanage you, so take a look at these three options.” Fernandez says, directing you to the next page of the briefing packet.

“Option one, infiltrate via boat. We have a local contact, Cid Tocco, with the fishing fleet who has provided intelligence on PLA forces along the shoreline. He’s retired EA (Argentine Army), and of the three this is the least risky option. The downside is, you’ll be going in as ship’s crew, and there is a near certainty of being boarded and inspected by PLA patrols, so you’ll have to travel light.”

“Option two, aerial insertion. We’ve been hitting the enemy SAMs hard, and we think we can get you to within 25 kilometers of the city, dropping to the northwest. The upside is that you can drop in with a lot more gear than any of the other options, but we’ll have to wait for a window, and there’s no way to do it secretly, you’ll have the PLA dogging you as soon as you land.”

“Lastly, option three, infil overland. It’s almost 80km, and directly through enemy lines, though they aren’t exactly covering every inch with binoculars and foxholes. Slow, risky, and carrying a medium amount of gear with you.”

She pauses, to let the options sink in, and to give you time to peruse the details in your packets.

A moment later, Fernandez brings the conversation back around, “Some further logistics... once we finish up here and you’ve decided on an infil plan, go down the hall and draw equipment. For what it’s worth, you’ve got a relatively blank check here, but we aren’t stocked as well as you’re used to. Lock personnel gear, wallets, IDs, patches, insignia, etc. in the provided lockers, don’t bring anything that can be used to identify you.”

There is a knock on the door, and an aide enters, passing a note to the Colonel who takes it in as the aide exits. You can see in her eyes that she’s reading bad news, something she’s almost gotten used to. She sighs, “We just lost a P3 maritime patrol aircraft southwest of Punta Arenas, the crew bailed out but haven’t made contact yet. It’s not your primary mission, but you might get fragged onto it. Keep an eye out in case they get picked up, Arenas is likely the only place the PLA can hold POWs before moving them across the strait further into occupied territory.”

“Provide updates back to me as often as you can, but don’t compromise your position by sending “all’s wells”. Comms methods are detailed on the last page, primary is a series of dummy websites you can send one way communications through. Don’t use the same device twice, and use the reference codes provided. We’ll also maintain a listening watch on 261.00 mhz, that’s our airborne control freq, you wont get signal to any ground receivers where you’re going. Expect the PLA to monitor this channel. Once you have a way to receive communications, let us know and we’ll send updates back to you, but until we know what the situation down there is, we can’t set anything up.”

She clasps her hands in front of her and asks, simply, “Any questions?”

Discuss, query, and decide on a plan of infiltration. You can ask in character by just typing it like I did above, or out of character by using italics. When making an in character post, please toss your picture at the top, and character name, so it’s easy to track. If anything calls for a roll I’ll make the roll and let you know how it shakes out. You can also ping me in discord.

Lurkers, non players, etc.: you’re more than welcome to also join the discord or peanut gallery here, just make sure to do it out of character (italics). If you have a bomb idea for a bit NPC talk to me on discord about it.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

SM Luis Marcelo Martinez

The flight into Rio Turbio had been like old times. The plane from Mar del Plata had a cargo hold filled with carefully-packed radar equipment and diving gear, and the seats mostly occupied by confident Argentinean commandos who exchanged old jokes and stories in their rapid-fire Buenos Aires Spanish. Martinez had even known a few of the NCOs from previous joint training operations, and made sure to wish them luck on whatever classified mission they were embarked upon. Then the A/N SPS-40B radar was dropped off at Puerto Montt, and the somewhat lightened aircraft somehow felt roomier as they neared their port of final destination. But after the Buzos Tacticos disembarked and made their way to a group of waiting helicopters, only four disparate commandos were left. They were met by an anonymous officer from Chilean military intelligence, who guided them to a van in the tiny parking lot of the airport. The short ride from Rio Turbio to Puerto Natales was quiet, after the hours of affable noise.

The group made their introductions in a diverse range of Spanish accents. The small team was composed of the following members:

Taps: Sous-Lieutenant (2nd Lieutenant) S/Lt. Đa Minh Germain, French Foreign Legion - "Pathfinders" 2e REP Commando Parachute Group (GCP)
Kaal: Suboficial Mayor (Sergeant Major) SM Luis Marcelo Martinez, Argentine Marines - Amphibious Commandos Group (APCA)
Kumei: Sargento Segundo (Sergeant) SG2 Dante "Al Toque" Laguna, Peruvian Army - 125th Commando Infantry Battalion (BFE)
Mederlock: Sargento Segundo (Sergeant) SG2 Jorge Briceño, Chilean Army - Intelligence Directorate (DINE)

After arriving at Julio Gallardo Airbase the squad listened to their initial briefing by the unreadable Colonel Gabriela Fernandez. After she finished, the group stared at each other over their styrofoam coffee cups, and began discussing the three options.

quote:

"Option A of the fishing boat insertion is considered to be the lowest risk. We already have a contact there, and could potentially build on that network when reaching out to the resistance forces in Punta Arenas. However, we'd all need to PERSUADE the border guards and would be limited to basic civilian equipment in order to make the bluff work. That would limit our actual contributions to the paramilitaries. Plus if things go wrong, we'd be completely at the mercy of the Chinese forces.

Option B of the aerial drop would be something of a gamble. It would put us within close proximity of the city, and allow us to carry heavy equipment that could supply both ourselves and the resistance, but we'd immediately attract the attention of the PLA. While I am highly confident in my own abilities as a trained Paratrooper, we'd all need to have the MOBILITY to perform the drop successfully. A HALO jump is not a good time for on-the-job learning. Still, it would be a way to make a quick impact, and it's a skill that the Amphibious Commandos, like the FFL Pathfinders, and Peruvian special forces, practice over and over.

Option C of the ground infiltration might be a compromise of sorts. The long trek would require ample RECON and STAMINA from our team, but I believe that everyone would be up to the task. We could carry a moderate amount of equipment - and it's possible that we could bring or commandeer a small vehicle to assist in the effort. However, I believe that there was evidence of PLA motorized patrols in the region. Adding to that complication, the downing of Trident 1-1 will attract additional attention to the area. We might be able to assist the crew, but it could also jeopardize our own mission. Argentine Naval Intelligence has made their classified report on the incident available to APCA, and I'll provide it to all of you."

Clearly a big job had landed on their shoulders. Time to get to work.

"Stirps Virilis"

Kaal fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 9, 2024

Kaal
May 22, 2002

SM Luis Marcelo Martinez

The Guillotine Team discussed matters for several hours, debating the merits of each option.

SG2 Jorge Briceño posted:

"For this problem, we face risks on all 3 approaches. The clean, civvy clothes insertion probably reduces the odds the most , but until we make contact with the resistance it's safe to assume we need to be 100% self sufficient. When I was doing my training in infiltration, I actually did some of it with the Lautaro Commando Company near the Ejercito Chile' 5th div Base, just north of Punta Arenas and South of the airport. They have a large lease of land near -53.0491357, -70.9065500. The terrain looks flat from the sky, but on the ground it's all rolling hills of scrubland, gullies, swampland. With the PLA 4th BDE opening a gap in their line to push West, we have a pretty good route in. If we can get into the national parklands, it's fairly dense forest and mountainous hills with plenty of locations to set up a home base to work from. We'll probably want to move at night across the low-lying and flat areas of the isthmus. After looking at the map some more I think the biggest danger is crossing the narrows area at -52.7436118, -71.2102179, and getting across Y-50 which is presumably resupplying the PLA 4th BDE. If we do it during the storms at night, it's likely going to turn out fine though. We'll have trees, thick bush, and shallow ravine/valley cover basically most of the way after that. Zoom in close on satellite and a topo map and you'll see the rest of the overland route is not favorable to sentry work unless they have 24/7 orbiting planes with FLIR and Synthetic Aperture Radar watching every gully and dry creek."

S/Lt. Đa Minh Germain posted:

It would not be fun to be caught up by a sudden mechanized troop movement. I’m not opposed to the hike. Let's play out all the constraints though. Is there PLAN aerial recon over the route? Naval marine deployments in from the coast? If someone gets hurt enough, where do we detour to for friendly help on that route? Whats the town SW of Ankle like? Occupied?

SM Luis Marcelo Martinez posted:

There is the Pecket Coal Mine. It was really active in the early 1990s. At one point there was quite a number of troops there. They've moved on now, but some might remain. That jetty is an interesting feature as well. Possibly we could make use of it, or else blow it up. We can keep it in our mind as a feature for the future. Just getting to Punta Arenas will be enough of a goal without a detour.

SG2 Dante "Al Toque" Laguna posted:

I think I agree with going overland. A good 80km hike should be good for the soul, and if it's one hex per shift (not on roads) then we're just looking at like four days. I like it. It's better than getting shot at just to jump out of a perfectly good plane or helo, and it's better than getting there pretending to be fishermen or whatever with virtually nothing with us. Plus, I think not only are we built more for land stuff, I think the overland might be better for the mission too.

SG2 Jorge Briceño posted:

Temperatures aren't that cool yet, it's still like +20 during the days. And actually, the terrible rainy weather is a huge advantage for us. So we have 4 days of heavy rainy weather to insert if we start on the 13th, 3 days if the 14th OSINT sources has shown the PLA has been primarily using HWY 9 and secondary route Y-50, but we can ask Col. Gabriela Fernandez for the latest intel on the primary lines of PLA reinforcement and patrols.

A consensus on the plan reached, Guillotine Team agreed on Option 3: The Ground Infiltration. It'll be an 80 km trek through enemy lines, and will require several days, but there's a break in the front and poor weather, so the opportunity should be seized immediately. Since the team won't be parachuting in, some things may need to be left behind, but it's a good compromise. There's some discussion about what specialty equipment will be needed for the mission. Some of it will be needed for the insertion, and other things can hopefully be airdropped into the area after the resistance has been contacted. After consulting with Col. Fernandez, the group proceeds down the hall to draw their gear.

"Stirps Virilis"

Kaal fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 9, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

13 March, 2010, 0800
Briefing Room, Julio Gallardo Airbase, Puerto Natales, Chile

Briefing concluded, and the path set you all head down the hall and enter a small quartermasters office. An NCO behind the counter salutes quickly, and he looks like he is ready for your arrival. He slides an equipment list towards you and asks simply, “What can I get you?” After a second he also seems to remember something and slides four keys onto the counter, “Lockers over there for personal items.” he says, pointing behind where you entered.

The TW2k day is broken up into 4, 6-hour shifts. You generally need to spend 1 shift sleeping, and 1 shift sleeping. Traveling 2 shifts is generally fine, but traveling a 3rd or 4th shift has sleep deprivation consequences.

Travel is broken up into 10km hex grids outside of urban centers. You can travel down roads or open terrain at a speed of 2 hexes per shift, and on any other terrain you can travel 1 per shift.

Items have weight in units, and you can carry 2x your STR die in units. One STR die’s worth of combat gear, in webbing, slings, pockets, etc, and one STR die’s worth in your backpack. So if your Strength is a d8, you can carry 8 units in your backpack, and a further 8 units about your person. Carrying a backpack hurts your mobility, so before a fight most players will drop their backpacks as a fast action.

Available Gear is listed here. The list is generic, so flavor how you’d like. US, CSAD, or Chinese pattern weapons are available. Don’t forget food and water. If you want something not on the list let me know!

With these stats some should be self explanatory, but... Reliability is the condition of the item, wear and damage can reduce something’s reliability. Rof, or rate of fire, is how many extra dice you can roll to do more damage and chew through more ammo. Crit is how many damage you need to deal a critical injury. Blast is kind of complex but like stats, the better the rating A>B>C etc, the bigger the boom. Armor is the modifier to armor from the weapon. Armor modifier is applied to a target's armor, so if you hit a guy with armor 2, and your weapon has armor +1, and you do 3 damage, it’s deflected.

Make this as in-character as you want, but I need an equipment list for each person and let me know if there are any last minute things to take care of, otherwise the next major post will be stepping off at the front line.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Fernandez, do we have any intelligence or analysis on the highways and roads that the PLA are using along our infiltration route? Or where we may expect to see patrols or elevated activity?

Able
Nov 1, 2023

(Opens door)
Someone asked for an intelligence brief for your operation. Here you go. Good luck, don't drown.

quote:

**OPERATIONAL INTELLIGENCE BRIEF**

**OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT:**

The terrain from the start point (SP) to the mission objective (OBJ) is predominantly flat with occasional rises, characterized by a mixture of dirt, sand, and swampy areas. Enemy vehicular traffic is funneled onto the Main Supply Route (MSR), which runs north to south. The presence of the 4th Brigade (4th BDE) on the right flank and the 9th Brigade (9th BDE) occupying Route Nine heightens enemy military activity along both flanks. Poor weather conditions, including increased mud, have likely slowed down enemy movement, although patrols and observation points remain active, particularly on high ground and key terrain features. Intelligence suggests the enemy is consolidating combat power in the Porta Arenas area.

**THREAT ASSESSMENT:**

The threat of detection during the duration of travel is significant to high.

**RECOMMENDATIONS:**

1. **Utilize Weather Cover:**
- Maximize the cover provided by poor weather conditions.
- The weather will help mask noise signatures and reduce visual detection.

2. **Clothing and Vehicle Selection:**
- Wear civilian clothing and utilize locally available vehicles to minimize detection.
- Blend in with the environment to avoid suspicion.

3. **Weaponry Considerations:**
- Equip weapons with noise suppressors to minimize auditory detection.
- Maintain stealth during engagements to avoid drawing unnecessary attention.

**MISSION SUCCESS CRITERIA:**

1. **Maintain Stealth:**
- Minimize detection by utilizing natural cover and adopting stealthy tactics.
- Avoid engaging enemy forces unless absolutely necessary to accomplish the mission objectives.

2. **Secure Objective:**
- Reach the mission objective without alerting enemy forces to the presence or intentions of friendly units.
- Execute the mission swiftly and efficiently to minimize exposure to enemy countermeasures.

**OPERATIONAL SECURITY:**

Exercise extreme caution to prevent compromise of mission details and operational intentions. Limit communications to essential personnel and avoid unnecessary radio transmissions.

**WARNING:**
This briefing contains sensitive operational information and is classified as CONFIDENTIAL. Dissemination to unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

SM Luis Marcelo Martinez

After storing what personal items I had in a locker, I chatted idly with the rest of the group as we went through the depot's extensive list of stores. Maybe an American Navy SEAL would have had better gear, but these Chilean intelligence folks are remarkably up to date. Certainly they have everything we need. I fill my pack with survival and reconnaissance essentials, double-check my weapons, and make sure to fill my canteen at the sink. Once I'm finished and have carefully stowed all my gear, I promptly have to get it all back out again so that the quartermaster can dutifully check out all of my equipment on his log. Paperwork is eternal. With that in mind, on the way out the door I swipe a notepad and a pencil off the bemused NCO clerk's desk.

"Stirps Virilis"

Kaal fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 9, 2024

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thinking about what to bring along for this mission didn't take much deliberation. I know what I do well, and I know what kind of gear it takes to get there. To achieve the goals of this mission, it will require us to track identified targets, find PLA radio emission hotspots, collect SIGINT to pass back along to HQ, and give us a means to communicate amongst ourselves and resistance elements we get in touch with. At first I thought the AN/PRD-12 long range, remote radio direction finder(RDF) would be a no-brainer, but I forgot how heavy and bulky those drat things are. We'll have to request a supply drop for one later on. For now, I can do a lot with a pair of handheld RDF's, a long range radio, my Toughbook laptop, a small spool of wire, and a Software Defined Radio dongle. For clothing, I've decided to dress as a civilian backpacker with a set of Patagonia, Osprey, and other clothing designed for sub-alpine hiking. This region saw thousands of such free spirits come through over the years, and I'm sure there's a bunch stuck in Punta Arenas given how fast it fell. I should blend right in, and the clothes suit the climate and our route perfectly.

As I walk along the armory wall, a Sig SG 556 with an ACOG scope and suppressor catches my eye. My buddies in the SOF really like these, so I reach up and rack the bolt back to check it out. It feels good in the hand, so I grab a helmet and the rest of my survival gear and check in with the quartermaster. He grumbles about how expensive the multiband transceiver and laptop are, but I smile and nod and move along. We've got bigger things to worry about than the depot's budget.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

Dante emptied his pockets into his lockbox, though he kept his dental picks stashed away. Invaders on the horizon, but a man needs to keep his teeth in order. Mama had always told him to keep his teeth clean, and the end of the world wouldn't be enough to beat out what she had beat in. That done, he made his way to the equipment room and whistled. Walls lined with guns and tech to make all his squad mates jealous.

He grabbed a backpack and started packing it with essentials. US MREs for a few days, to include two menu 24, the buffalo chicken wasn't really good but he did love it, a Menu 16, again not good, but he liked it, and a Menu 9 and a Menu 7 for some variety. A few extra loose accessory packets and some ground coffee and the necessities are met. A bit of water, not enough for the whole trek but Dante figured it was pretty likely they'd pass some good enough water to replenish. After that, some tech. GPS, though he didn't think they'd use it much. Some extra batteries, Night Vision, Thermals, laser designator, a radio. He never was too good with figuring out the differences between the radios, even with electronics normally making sense to him, but he grabbed the same model he saw his new squadmates grabbing. He'd tried to be sly, looking like he was deliberating between which sleeping bag to take while side-eying the radios until two of the others took the same model. After that, Dante "decided" upon the Marmot sleeping bag, looked comfy enough and he liked the orange, then tried to play off grabbing the right radio naturally. He did a good job. Probably. Finally, a couple batteries.
Next, the fun part: the guns. He looked for a spell, and stopped dead. The FN P90. It may not be the best gun, but it was good. And, he loved it. Dante used to hate the dumb design, but it's grown on him. Much like his families dog, Felipe, ugly mutt of a pug, but he'd grown to adore the little monster. Anyway, they had a suppressor for it, so he grabbed that, and a few magazines. Goodness, he was glad he didn't have to pay for all that 5.7. The compass and the helmet were almost an afterthought after all that. Somebody gave him a radio direction finder, more black magic but he had room for it. He grabbed some thermal underwear and an extra set of tiger stripe camo, he always loved it and it seemed to work well in the wooded areas for him. With that, he found some toiletries and settled back in the briefing room ready to go.

Taps
Aug 14, 2009

Đa Minh Germain
S/Lt. Légion étrangère

Đa Minh didn't bring much with him on this assignment. Most of his personal effects were with his unit further north. He pulled his Patch and rank insignia and handed it over to the supplies officer. He saw how specialized his team members were kitting out. Probably for the best seeing as they know this land better than myself. Đa Minh knew his strengths. He was a good soldier, and his medium build hid his strength and endurance. Hiking was a natural talent, so while his soon to be comrades picked up radios and technical bits and bobs, Đa Minh knew his part could be to load up the heavy stuff. We didn't come out here to make friends, we came out here to fight.

His needs were simple enough. An M4A1 with full auto. A M9 and suppressors. Food. Water. Grenades. Plastic Explosives. Helmet. Vest. Knife. And Ammo. Lots and lots of ammunition. 12 fully loaded clips and 4 50 round cartons. That would be enough to get started. Enough to get them out of trouble and if they couldn't get out of trouble, take a lot of trouble down with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

13 March, 2010, 3rd Shift (dusk)
4th ARBDE Front Line

Some housekeeping. I’ve moved all the characters into Foundry, to make things easier for rolls and stuff. I’ll try to back-update the Google Sheet, but the Foundry stuff will be more authoritative (we’ll cross sync’ing bridges when we get there).

Travel on this scale TW2k is broken into 6 hours shifts. I am making the following assumptions (but post and correct me if they’re wrong). You will travel 2 shifts, during darkness (negating the darkness travel penalty with night-vision equipment), search for a place to hide for 1 shift, and sleep for the last 1 shift. During the sleeping shift, you will consume 1 food and 1 water ration each. If you run out, you’ll have to have some people spend the ‘searching’ shift collecting food/water.

All hexes are open, off-road terrain except for some waterlogged hexes west of the 6th BDE and between the Coal Mine and 7th BDE. I am assuming you avoid roads. You cover 2 hex per marching day, 1 in the waterlogged areas. You can choose to march for 3 shifts, which would require stamina rolls and would also mean you may not find as safe or hidden a place to sleep as you would hope.

I will push failed rolls when there’s at least 3 stress/damage to spare unless indicated otherwise.

The covered truck rumbles to a halt. This is not the first, second, or even thirtieth time this has happened, you’ve been waylaid by road washouts, disabled vehicles, and even a false call of enemy artillery incoming. However, this is the first time the driver has gotten out, and you hear his boots crunching on the gravel and dirt as he gets out and pounds on the wooden slat sides shouting, “We’re here!” The driver continues to the rear of the truck and helps unlatch and drop the tailgate. It was dark inside the truck, and it’s dark outside. The members of the 4th Armored Brigade keep strict light discipline. The driver flicks on a red-lense flashlight and you see him smile in the backlight, “End of the line, well for me I guess, beginning of the line for you. Remember to watch your step getting down, and tips are always appreciated.” he chuckles to himself, but stands by to help you climb down and unload your backpacks.

You’re in a supply dispersal point, with some ammo, vehicle parts, and other assorted You don’t draw more than a few cursory stares from the soldiers around you. You suspect that is more because they are busy, tired, and focused, rather than they have any idea what you’re doing.

A Sargeant pulls up in a US Surplus HMMWV and steps out, offering his hand to whomever will shake it, “You’re the guys eh? I’ll take you through our line so you don’t get shot in the back by some jumpy teenager...then you’re on your own.” True to his word, after a few minutes of driving you pull up to a dug in position. The two soldiers on watch turn, but the Sargent quickly tells them, “Keep watching to the south, there’s nothing to see here.” As you cinch up your backpacks and slowly file past the two soldiers, you wonder what they’ll make of the four hardened men sneaking south in the middle of the night. The sergeant watches you disappear into the black, says a small prayer for your mission, and takes off back to the north. Rain, which was sprinkling all day, picks up into a solid steady light pour.

Shift 3 - Marching
Uneventful, 2 hexes covered.

Shift 4 - Marching
Al Toque, focused on keeping a watch to the west for any elements of the 4th BDE, stumbles on some loose soil and falls, suffering 1 Damage.
2 hexes covered.
Al Toque pushed a failed recon roll to a success, but at the cost of 1 damage.

Shift 1 - Morning 14 March
Agula keeps watch, nothing spotted. Martinez makes camp, but frustratingly gets halfway through setup before realizing he can’t get the pitons into the ground here, and has to move a few meters. Thankfully, the new area is closer to some fallen brush so he is able to easily camouflage the camp. Al Toque spends a little time scrounging up some edible berries and even catches a couple snakes to cook up. Con Qua sleeps in order to take the next watch. The rain picks up, coming down in sheets with no end in sight. Luckily, it’s as bad for the enemy as it is for you.

Martinez pushed the failed setup camp roll, suffering 1 stress

Shift 2 - Sleeping
The party sleeps, Con Qua keeps watch and spots nothing.

Al Toque heals 1 damage, Martinez heals 1 stress. 0 food rations are consumed, each member consumes 1 water ration. Martinez and Aguja are down to 1 water ration each. I’ll use the forage roll for the next camp day to look for fresh water.

Please give me one in-character flavor post for the last travel day. What is this journey like? Is there small-talk? What does Martinez’s stress look like? What does Al Toque’s damage look like?

Then let me know the direction of travel for the next ~6 hexes, and if you’d like to do anything differently. Right now I’m putting generally the best person in for the job.

The rain will impose -1 on all recon rolls throughout the day. Possibly -1 for survival depending.