Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Hangman vs Penta 22 33.85%
Swerve vs Hardy 1 1.54%
Wardlow vs Trent? 3 4.62%
Velvet vs Rosa 1 1.54%
Acclaimed vs Mogul Embassy 1 1.54%
Copeland vs Suzuki 37 56.92%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I would like to thank AEW for giving me ten minutes of old men slapping each other silly. It's everything I could have wanted.

The Deonna/Toni segment was really excellent, too - the tattoo reveal had even that crowd gasping and the brawl was extremely good.

Fun show, definitely had some odd match flow but even those matches had some great spots in them. And man, BCG's new entrance really is so hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The colors are very clearly different. He was there.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

yea ok posted:

mulhol dr lol

honestly can't say I would have done differently in your situation

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Prime Edge would have done well in Japan, he would also do well now.

I'm really hoping he gets a cool Forbidden Door match now.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

They really need to up their local promotion game. We've had good TV all year, and last week and Daily's Place were both hot, but if they want to run bigger arenas they need to spread as much awareness as possible and I just don't know if they have the right people doing that.

Or they just run smaller hot venues like the House Rules they did in Troy that sold out, maybe. I dunno. As long as TV stays good I'll keep watching.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I really like Ogogo, it was cool seeing him at the All In preshow. I hope he can be ring-ready again soon. I went back and looked at old stuff he was in and while the Cody promos were bad I think he has a really cool gimmick overall. Put him in the Copen or something

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The idea behind it was all pretty good but the delivery wasn't quite there. He's young and he'll learn. Plenty of people have all the physical confidence and none when it comes to mic skills, but luckily that's teachable. it didn't help that the way the mic was positioned harmed the last line delivery since I don't think it was audible to the live crowd.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

I loved Joe on commentary being like "I'm impartial between Hangman and Penta but also gently caress Hangman kick his rear end Penta"

Him telling everyone to shut up when Penta was about to hit a chop or do the arm break :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Roddy is cool in the group and I like him screaming and doing backbreakers. I hope he wins OC's title and then has a bunch of vicious matches.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Wrestling is an abusive artform with a long, dark history. It's not all Vince. I understand where all the sentiment comes from, but try and keep talk of the big WWE situation in the WWE thread. It just keeps it cleaner and prevents potential blowups over a really hosed up situation.

Like, for real, I get it, but yeah, now's not really the time to treat it like any kind of win based on what team you support or company you watch. Lest we forget this company still features Ric Flair on television.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

FEELING STATUS: RESTORED

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

So an Accountant and a Beekeeper walk into a Plane...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Same. AEW having an unexplained weirdo was great. I loved when Hogan had The Disciple (I never watched WWF so I had no idea who Ed Leslie was, just one day this weird biker showed up with Hogan who never seemed to wrestle) and other bodyguard characters like that who seemingly come out of nowhere.

Bam Neeley will always have a place in my heart for this reason.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I take it he also saw the Accountant 2 announcement

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

More Mistico makes me very very happy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The sheer indignation at "Stooley" oh my god

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Kip Sabian is a good hand and I like him :)

It'd be fun to see him get a Cope Open match.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The progression from the thread noticing the tables on the outside, to Cash going through one, to me realizing there's a second table, to Buddy going through THAT one was just amazing. Julia getting to do her signature spot was amazing. Paying off the Mark Briscoe pre-match stuff was amazing. Just incredible storytelling all around with a huge face win that put Danny over big.

Loved the live thread also all remembering "wait, cage matches own actually" simultaneously :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

God, woke up to remember that Tony read the thread and is likely bringing back RVD. Thanks, Tony! :woop: That match against Swerve is gonna be so sick. RVD will play the hits and put him over.

Pylons posted:

Johnny Cruise

I'll never get tired of his gimmick :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The idea of a wrestling cruise is appealing because I like both these things but then the reality of probably being surrounded by drunk wrestling weirdos (and not in the fun "hanging out with an indy show crowd" way) with no escape in a ship that is definitely not top-of-the-line...well, I can't say I wouldn't do it still but it would be a short trip and I doubt I'd do much socializing.

After this week, though...don't want to imagine the heinous conversation probably going on there.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Thinking about how hard I would hoot and holler if at some point Joe retains his championship and is in the ring and we suddenly get the coin drop

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Or after Ospreay wins at All In.

Also very good! Would blow the roof off the place! Okada has a lot of guys he has history with that would be so exciting to see continue.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm a huge fan of gimmick and themed shows in general. They need to run more shows at, like, resorts and fighting game or major anime conventions. I know the WCW Spring Break venue is prohibitively expensive to run but surely they can find something as cool.

I think that's why the Daily's Place shows feel so good - they're a rare treat in a really unique venue so they automatically get buzz, to say nothing of the nostalgia value for those who were watching during lockdown.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

Still immensely impressed at that Frost v Mariah match, one of the best I’ve seen on Collision. Frost did some insane poo poo, she should be on tv more

They had people chanting for her and booing Mariah by the end, it was such a great little showcase. Mariah's matches have both been a ton of fun as ways to get both her and her lesser-used or unsigned opponents over. It's great.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh that Abadon Hey! EW was fantastic, another great episode in a string of them :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's very odd that Malakai would consider going to WWE again when they treated him like poo poo and NXT made him suicidal but :shrug:

Buddy is the weird one. He's such a good wrestler whose ceiling was so much higher than Seth Rollins's Disciple or whatever he was doing. If he doesn't like AEW I have no doubt he'd crush it in Japan or on the indies. I guess money talks, but drat.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they both have their partners in the wwe so it makes sense to me

Y'know I somehow completely forgot that fact. Makes sense.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Triple Crown champion Bryan Danielson :sickos:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I think it's fine that Malakai and Buddy don't want to do the job via a clean pin or submission. They still took the L and made Danny look like a million bucks.

Yeah in the end the match was super creative and got a whole bunch of people over - even Julia got a great spot in and Mark Briscoe solidified himself as the mega face of the year as if there was any doubt. Whether hoops had to be jumped through or not it ended well.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

this is a thread about wrestling talk not middle school debate club. don't be weird

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Serena Deeb's flag entrance was extremely cool. I know it's just because one was a squash but having the second women's match on Collision was really nice and I hope that continues. Also I want Jamie Hayter to come back and wrestle her.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Yea ok and a shitload of other folk love to “contribute to the conversation” by just responding to someone’s actual feelings with “no it’s fine”

I think this is a lovely thing to do

You're not posting on Wrestlezone Forums in 2010. There is no word or sentence requirement. Someone can say they think something is fine by saying as much as long as they aren't aggressively rude about it. Disagreement is not inherently rude or trolling. Calling someone out by name unprovoked, however, is kinda lovely.

magiccarpet posted:

They should lean into the flag gimmick - it'll look great when Deeb and Hayter square up in Wembley

:hai:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

neoaxd posted:

*hides my clipboard behind my back*
Ah... I see. Hm.

despite my previous post I must let you know I DO grade posters based on a personal rubric and you CAN fail this class if you don't post good enough

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

malarkey wack

lmfao

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

cruddy... midthews?

:hmmyes:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

In seriousness Buddy rules and I hope he's in the C2 next time if he's still around. If he leaves to be with Rhea I'll understand but be sad :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

neoaxd posted:

I wish for the inverse of this scenario.

:pray:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

She's so small oh my god oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Bowling For Soup putting in the work Punk refused to, you love to see it