Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

‘twas watching that new zorro telenovela with mrs mammal. pretty good so far. naturally, the topic of who’s the hottest zorro came up

she mentioned antonio banderas

that’s when it hit me. a tidal wave of memories

dude didn’t even try. all sounding the same as ever. ain’t a drat lick of difference between his zorro and his hannibal lecter aside from the people eating part

but i’ll be damned if he didn’t look majestic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Hottest zorro is Antonio Banderas and it ain't even close. Of course that's the one that everyone remembers so it's not as interesting to think about.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

new pretty boy zorro isn’t bad, but yeah there’s just no beating antonio

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

anthony hopkins was zorro

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i think timmy chalomers should be zorro. hopkins too old. let the boywaif play zorro

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Anthony Hopkins is cool as hell

I didn't know how cool until recently. On the spectrum I think he said, loves cats, in recovery

I love him

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

anthony hopkins was zorro

dont really see what youre getting at here. anthony hopkins was zorro?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm the gay blade

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

was anthony hopkins really zorro? or did anthony hopkins just play the zorro character??

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Anthony Hopkins Green Frog

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Zorro and mummy would make a great double feature. Both feel like end of an era movies, swashbuckling and adventure and pretty good examples of both. I had feelings for CZJ just in case anyone was wondering

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm the gay blade

MackAddie fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 5, 2024

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm the gay blade

Seriously, what was that about, and who played the role? I watched it like 3 times on free HBO, and don't remember any of it.

Just looked it up and I still don't remember anything about it.
https://www.google.com/search?gs_ss...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Never posting in this thread because I've never forgotten

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Wait

poo poo

What have I done

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

was zorro also anthony hopkins or does it only go one way? i feel like im onto something with this one.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like Bore-o 🥱

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kntfkr posted:

i think timmy chalomers should be zorro. hopkins too old. let the boywaif play zorro

z for zendaya

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i already forgot

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
Anthony Hopkins was a Beatrix Potter character

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

numberoneposter posted:

Anthony Hopkins Green Frog

lol

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm old and the original Zorro and the Lone Ranger was my absolute favorite poo poo on TV next to the Greatest American Hero

Antonio Banderas did a great service though

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

egg_dog posted:

Anthony Hopkins was a Beatrix Potter character

man we need a thread about beatrix potter, ive read those stories to my kid and they are kinda whack. there's stuff in there about marrying your cousins and beating children and the stories are just a bunch of meandering drivel that often goes nowhere

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
i just learned that alain delon played zorro. almost certainly poorly, but probably a strong candidate for some

after perusing the zorros i'm going to say the 1950s zorro Guy Williams. classic handsome sicillian type guy. he was 6'3" too which doesn't hurt the case

nice obelisk idiot fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 5, 2024

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
There was a tv-series I watched in the 90s which to me will always be the One True Zorro, even if I don't recall a single of the actors' names. Ready to MENDOZA! anyone who talks poo poo about it.

de nada

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm surprised Zorro hasn't been rebooted yet since the Banderas movies.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Vakal posted:

I'm surprised Zorro hasn't been rebooted yet since the Banderas movies.

the new series on amazon is pretty good

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Tony Hopkins is one of those actors I wish I could’ve been. So many roles I could’ve cruised through. Like that one where he played a pale black guy passing as white.

I could’ve done that

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

nice obelisk idiot posted:

after perusing the zorros i'm going to say the 1950s zorro Guy Williams. classic handsome sicillian type guy. he was 6'3" too which doesn't hurt the case

I didn't know this until very recently but he's from Argentina. A rare early example of not casting a white dude for a major lead role.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Junk posted:

man we need a thread about beatrix potter, ive read those stories to my kid and they are kinda whack. there's stuff in there about marrying your cousins and beating children and the stories are just a bunch of meandering drivel that often goes nowhere

well yeah she was biritsh

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Milo and POTUS posted:

well yeah she was biritsh

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

nice obelisk idiot posted:

classic handsome sicillian type guy.

Jose Oquendo posted:

A rare early example of not casting a white dude for a major lead role.
:hmmyes:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

the disney zorro owns i used to watch it with my mom

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Jose Oquendo posted:

I didn't know this until very recently but he's from Argentina. A rare early example of not casting a white dude for a major lead role.
He's from the bronx, born and raised baby. moved to argentina and was much beloved there. it makes a ton of sense that an italian guy playing a latino guy would be popular in argentina.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the world could really use a few more heroes like zorro. heroes who understand that bullying works

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Anthony Hopkins was Antonio Banderas?!?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think he's a nice guy but I wish he wouldn't slash his gang tags on everything.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

the disney zorro owns i used to watch it with my mom

Disney Zorro and the Jimmy Smits Cisco Kid were 90s style Latin flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Spinz posted:

Anthony Hopkins is cool as hell

I didn't know how cool until recently. On the spectrum I think he said, loves cats, in recovery

I love him

When he won best actor at the Oscars and no one could find him then next morning he posted a video online like “lol sorry I was at home asleep.”