Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
the first zorro i remember was guy williams and later he was in the tv show lost in space and in one episode had to sword fight against some alien dude but the swords were all charged up with a zillion volts of electric power

i knew the alien didn't have a chance against zorro and i was right!

Z snype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I didn't know this until very recently but he's from Argentina. A rare early example of not casting a white dude for a major lead role.

he was white, as is antonio banderas, and they both played a white character, zorro, who is canonically white

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Sicilian erasure... smdh

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Vakal posted:

I'm surprised Zorro hasn't been rebooted yet since the Banderas movies.

Years ago there was supposed to have been a 'dystopian future' Zorro movie that was in the development stages that nothing ever seemed to come of. I remember a few sites about a dozen years ago having rumors of it and plot descriptions.

Some alleged teaser proof of concept video came out for it at some point but I'm not sure if it was an official thing to gauge interest or more a fan production.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

JediTalentAgent posted:

Years ago there was supposed to have been a 'dystopian future' Zorro movie that was in the development stages that nothing ever seemed to come of. I remember a few sites about a dozen years ago having rumors of it and plot descriptions.

Some alleged teaser proof of concept video came out for it at some point but I'm not sure if it was an official thing to gauge interest or more a fan production.

¡dios mio!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

all these years later, finally caught up on the second banderas zorro. still a hottie, but no where near as good as the first. digging all the divorced dad energy. ralph fiennes a natural villain as always

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Anthony Hopkins is kind of ugly but it's very hurtful to call him a zero, he's like a 4 or 5 (at least when he's not making scary faces on purpose)

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

A Welsh 9

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

Anthony Hopkins is kind of ugly but it's very hurtful to call him a zero, he's like a 4 or 5 (at least when he's not making scary faces on purpose)

resident evil zorro was the worst one tho

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

best zorro theme? leaning hard towards 1990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh59tMsrikg

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I forgot Anthony Hopkins was Zorro... AGAIN :negative:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

I forgot Anthony Hopkins was Zorro... AGAIN :negative:

he cant keep getting away with this

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

zorro always gets away with it. one of the character’s most defining traits, in fact

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Chrs posted:

When he won best actor at the Oscars and no one could find him then next morning he posted a video online like “lol sorry I was at home asleep.”

They funny part is they reordered the awards to give out Best Actor very last because it was a total shoe in for recently deceased Chadwick Boseman to win and welp

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Cacator posted:

They funny part is they reordered the awards to give out Best Actor very last because it was a total shoe in for recently deceased Chadwick Boseman to win and welp

Lol and they gave out that ridiculous loving NFT of his head.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

TrashMammal posted:

zorro always gets away with it. one of the character’s most defining traits, in fact

Zorro and the farmer's tan

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I really want to watch swashbuckling movies. Thanks op. Also the other day I woke up and wanted to watch hook

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Chrs posted:

Lol and they gave out that ridiculous loving NFT of his head.

What better way to sincerely honor a person's life and contribution... than by putting them on the blockchain? How many Ethereum can I sell it for??

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

take it to the horny vibes thread, buddy:woof:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TrashMammal posted:

take it to the horny vibes thread, buddy:woof:

Bonzorro (Boner Zorro) is a beautiful and natural thing. Don't make it dirty.

Ew.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Literally A Person posted:

Bonzorro (Boner Zorro) is a beautiful and natural thing. Don't make it dirty.

Ew.

it’s a thread for majestic horny beasts, op :woof:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

nothing dirty about that at all. ain’t my fault people are posting titties in there :woof:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

when is duane rock johnson gonna be zorro

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
We need a Zorro/The Crow crossover where Zorro becomes The Crow. Zocrow? Crowrro?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
We need a Zorro/The Crow crossover where Zorro becomes The Crow. Zocrow? Crowrro?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

The Black Whip was way better than any version of Zorro :colbert:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

git apologist posted:

when is duane rock johnson gonna be zorro

zorro is a good guy, op :woof:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Topps Comics gave Zorro his own Catwoman back in the 90s. Lady Rawhide!
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ComicBook/LadyRawhide

I'd like to see Zorro have the confidence to go around dressed like that!

edit: By Zorro, I mean Anthony Hopkins Zorro.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 19, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

he’d do it no questions asked

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

How can I post in a thread every time I "forgot" something?? If I've forgotten it won't occur to me to post at all.

I think you mean "remember" op

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

don’t think, :justpost:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

about zorro :woof:

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
here's the power of zorro. zorro:

same guy williams, but not zorro. a sexless joke who plays a distant second fiddle to a robot and a gay doctor:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Step one to being hot as gently caress: grow a mustache

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

whats the deal with zorro anyway, why does he prance about in that outfit and carry an effete sword. like what the hell is he doing

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
They're missing out on a new movie because they could promote it with Coke and release a Coke Zorro Sugar tie-in.

Which would just confuse people, too, because it wouldn't be zero sugar, but it'd use real cane sugar.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

git apologist posted:

whats the deal with zorro anyway, why does he prance about in that outfit and carry an effete sword. like what the hell is he doing

He should get a gun. Shoot Zetas into the wall instead

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

They're missing out on a new movie because they could promote it with Coke and release a Coke Zorro Sugar tie-in.

Which would just confuse people, too, because it wouldn't be zero sugar, but it'd use real cane sugar.

they could put the zorro mask on the bottle and can. that would be sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ok here's the pitch:

Zorro Cinematic Universe!

Lots of sidekicks with their own movies. A bad girl who might be good. An evil Miami based drug dealer with speedboats. Lots of swords, but also guns. And ridiculous weapons like a machine gun guitar. The movies write themselves here!