Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

great premise, i'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

do we get to know the size of the scumteams in advance?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

May I ask how the draft is to be performed in a way that the team captains are unaware of who has been chosen for the other scum team (and can make no inferences about it??)

very good question

if i'm captain and i pick Keats, Cube, Maer, Shark, Sand for example

And my team ends up being me, Cube, Maer, Sand

Then i can kinda assume keats and shark ended up on the other team

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

one way to do it would be each scum captain picks from within a group of 8 players (other than themselves)

but then they know the whole other scum team is within the other half. not THAT useful to them? not sure

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Dear Esteemed Members of the Mafia,

I write to you today with a fervent desire to join your distinguished ranks and contribute my skills and dedication to the collective success of our faction. As an applicant, I bring forth a unique blend of strategic thinking, unwavering loyalty, and discretion, all of which are quintessential traits for a successful Mafia teammate.

In the realm of strategic thinking, I pride myself on my ability to analyze complex situations swiftly and make decisions that lead to favorable outcomes for our team. Whether it's identifying potential threats, devising elaborate plans, or adapting to unforeseen circumstances, I am equipped with the mental acumen required to navigate the intricate dynamics of the game. My strategic prowess, combined with a keen eye for detail, ensures that our faction remains steps ahead of our adversaries at all times.

Moreover, loyalty is the cornerstone of my character. Once I commit myself to a cause, I do so with unwavering dedication and fidelity. I understand the importance of trust and unity within our ranks, and I pledge to uphold the values of the Mafia with the utmost integrity. My loyalty extends not only to our faction but also to each member therein, as I firmly believe that solidarity is the key to our collective success.

Furthermore, I recognize the paramount importance of discretion in our endeavors. I am adept at maintaining confidentiality and operating covertly, ensuring that our strategies remain shrouded in secrecy and our identities concealed from prying eyes. My commitment to discretion not only safeguards our operations but also instills confidence and trust within our ranks, fostering a cohesive and formidable team dynamic.

In conclusion, I humbly submit my application for induction into the Mafia, confident in my ability to contribute meaningfully to our shared objectives. With my strategic acumen, unwavering loyalty, and commitment to discretion, I stand ready to serve as a steadfast ally and invaluable asset to our faction. I eagerly await the opportunity to prove myself worthy of your esteemed consideration.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not reading that

Only a scum captain would have any reason to post this, jottem

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

I think it might be a fun exercise for everyone to presubmit who they would attempt to draft, if they were a scum captain.

I'll start:
1) NeverHelm
1b) Keats
2) The player currently known as Death Cob for Cutie
3) Clo probably
4) ANarc
5) Hambeet

I'll stop there I guess.

who captain

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cloacamazing! left the diamond and went back to the parking lot. As she reached the corner where her car was parked, she briskly looked back towards the diamond and, probably less smoothly than she thought, scanned the rest of the lot for any sign of movement.

"Alright. The nightly news is primed, the trough of the public ready for mindless consumption," she whispered

A silhouette emerged slowly from behind the car and spoke with a voice modulated to sound like an autotuned Ed Murrow phonograph.

"A fake contest between the Maerry Lynns and the Sporkin Forks? That sounds made up, but I suppose I picked you for your made up journalism degree. I just got a hot tip that can't wait: the real scum captains are Neverhelm and Zoya. Encode that in whatever nonsense passes for sports journalism today. Also I got a tip from higher up: the team is going to be called the Scum Sluggers"

[misty fade-out transition while yakkety saks plays]

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

captains should dox themselves

the ol preemptive self bus strategy. almost guaranteed to bring you to victory

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Zoya posted:

this is a scum captain post

This is a scum captain post

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Classic scum captain claim

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

oh captain scum captain

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cloacamazing! posted:

You can't play for both teams, ANarc!

Wait, that sounded weird. Why is there a complete overlap between baseball metaphors and sex metaphors anyway? Is it because of baseball bats?

Baseball birds, baseball bees, baseball bats, the three genders

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I was just recruited to a scum faction by humalong, this is a scumalong game just as I predicted

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

hambeet posted:

I always joke scum claim when scum, and I’m surprised no one has picked up on it yet.

So I’m onto you shwinne

Hambeet’s mystical meditative practice has collapsed the distinction between his self and other beings, to beet what beet does is what all of the universe too does

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

[quote="wologar" post="538362880"]
I'm voting a scum captain: ##vote ANarc
[/quote

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

Anyway there’s no way neither of the captains picked Keats ##vote Keats

Oh this is a pretty good point

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So our day vig just eliminated our night vig. That's mafia!

“Our” is working overtime in this post

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Do we think 18 players is enough to explain town having both a day vig and someone who can night kill? It seems unlikely to me

Could be. I’m always down to kill Keats d1 and I am especially down this game

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

Bussing vote.

wologar is town and his reads are good

death cob is scum imo but i don't think TPC is really

i'll probably vote someone voting TPC

but i also think ANarc is legitimately a scum captain for how they responded to my D0 jokephase post.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

death cob for cutie posted:

seems plausible to me ##vote TPC

This is a fake vote. It feels fake. Not sure how to explain it any better than that.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Zoya is actually on my list of “cannot imagine no scum captains picking” folks

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

If we cannot agree on anarc or cob I would vote zoya and I bet she’s gotta be scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

GulagDolls is a player in this game

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

And this is a setup where it makes no sense to eliminate a lurker d1

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Omgus vibes but I think salad is scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

is shwinnebego a namechange. I don't recognize this person. I'm not sure if they even meant anything besides pointing out I'm in the game lol

Well I don’t recognize you either! (No this has been my name throughout my time playing this forum mafia game here)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cloacamazing! posted:

He's also known as shwiffles if that helps. It's a Jekyll and Hyde situation, except they're both scummy.

this evil seal's got a lotta nerve callin ME scummy!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

If I was a captain I think I would have picked clo, zoya, beet

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

oh yeah shark woulda been a good pick too

eh, lotsa good picks

hard to speculate, maybe this is a dumb way to think about it

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

Deadline is in two days, btw.

What do you think of salad

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

the way to build a robust, welcoming, and durable internet mafia community is to vote people out day one after they return from a multi-year hiatus ##vote gulag

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

it's a perfect strike, immune to all sophistry. terrifying

you can't fool me, NPR book jacket review

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

i appreciate it, but i say that kind of poo poo all the time day 1. it's not really an alignment tell

also i agree that its very funny to just immediately shoot somebody and that's an important consideration too

gogo gadget self-meta (unfortunately i actually agree with shark on this)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote cob

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ready to move this along

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

we have over a day, why so hasty?

day boring

shwinnebego