Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

See topic…

Feel like the world missed out on a universe in which more interesting (fringe) humor was able to take root in the mainstream consciousness. There was an incredible amount of comedic talent on the home page and forums that never seemed to move beyond (until way, way later) beyond the walls of the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

theres still funny men and women around

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

jay leno posted here for many years op

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It would be cancelled immediately and everyone involved in writing it would be cancelled. Then they would get public support from Jerry Seinfeld.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bad Purchase posted:

jay leno posted here for many years op

Yea but then he had that accident that made him evil after he fell into an air mixer with a bottle of linseed oil and turned into Jay Linoleum

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Lopez Tonight was written entirely by goons.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I was a writer for SNL until I got into a heated argument with a cast member (who shall remain nameless for legal reasons) and Lorne Michaels dragged me out into the streets of New York City and fired me.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

cumpantry posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I spent 3 seasons on the Nicaraguan version of MAD TV

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

cumpantry posted:

really? where?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I was briefly a writer for Conan but they fired me after I'd only offer the same idea each week of Conan pulling down his pants and stretching his anus for forty minutes.

To be fair it's a really loving good idea, I'm still pitching it to other shows.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sounds like a good bit for his podcast

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

I’m Conan O’Brien

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've heard Conan O'Brien posts here.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nicaraguan Conan O'Brien

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The problem with SA being mainstream is not the lack of material, its understanding all the background.
"Lurk more" was always good advice from the get-go. If you just threw SA humor onto a TV show, 90% of the viewers would think, "What is this garbage?"

We are very sophisticated and nuanced here. Duh.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sorry OP, any possible talent and relevance beyond secondary value will forever be squandered on these forums by absentee landlord website owners as well as edgy goonlords who's utter lack of joy in life manifests so completely in their posting that they can't be seen enjoying things.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Nelson Mandingo posted:

edgy goonlords who's utter lack of joy in life manifests so completely in their posting that they can't be seen enjoying things.

Honestly this is my biggest problem with a lot of the posting around here, the reductive ignorant nihilism so many posters have. I'm pretty cynical myself, but take it down a notch, post a joke, realize you're an idiot.

That being said, I've seen a thousand one-off posts here that are a hundred times funnier than anything I've ever seen on twitter or something like that. Too bad you're all such loving weirdos

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/NdUHDDj7fhk?si=GlIB_MIdMPtj7FhD

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Funding a buffoon to run a hot dog stand in rural Alabama is pretty much a Letterman bit.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hormk

Extra Large Marge posted:

Funding a buffoon to run a hot dog stand in rural Alabama is pretty much a Letterman bit.

it has continued to be for a decade, too

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

"turn on your monitor" gets old after the 5th time

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Arson Daily posted:

Good thing dril tweets never get old

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Pontificating rear end posted:

Honestly this is my biggest problem with a lot of the posting around here, the reductive ignorant nihilism so many posters have. I'm pretty cynical myself, but take it down a notch, post a joke, realize you're an idiot.

Turn on your-

Arson Daily posted:

Dammit!

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m Conan O’Brien

I'm Bonin n' Crien

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Our next guest tonight is a young comedian named Dane Cook, but first, a little something we whipped up called Tribute, we think America is going to love this…

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Arson Daily posted:

“Turn off your monitor” is a pretty decent signoff line. Maybe the crowd could chant it Wheel of Fortune style

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

No

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

"thats all for tonight folks stay tuned for your local news and remember-"

audience: "dont! poo poo! your pants!"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Op never read the front page

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just bouncing ideas off the boys in the Writers Room

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

So folks, I see Hilary Clinton is back in the news... so she's been busy ironing all those pantsuits! We're working on our own version here at the show, it's called the poo poo-your-pants suit

HIYOOOOO

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

And our special musical guest tonight is singer George Ezra, who had that great hit last summer with his song "Shotgun".... hey Paul, I didn't know he'd collaborated with LOwtax?

HIYOOOOOUUO

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Late night band noodles into the outro...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Conan O’Brien Must Gape

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yea but then he had that accident that made him evil after he fell into an air mixer with a bottle of linseed oil and turned into Jay Linoleum

YOURE CANCELLED FOR MAKING A LINSEED OIL JOKE. YOU JUST CANT SAY THAT. YOU CANT.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

i will right jokes for late night shows. plz. i need a job real bad

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

luv2shit posted:

i will right jokes for late night shows. plz. i need a job real bad

Write for the front page

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Drano hot shot
Formaldehyde
Some new kinda kick
yes because late night comedy sucks and we got that goin' on in spades!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gross misrepresentation