Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Morally Inept posted:

He wasn't a goon because he was a strong chiseled character and only became fat when Gaius Mohium gave him a disease by manipulating her own body chemistry to activate a degenerate disease when he was forcing himself on her.

morally inept defends a rapist, what a shocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Omi-Polari posted:

The main thing that sinks that movie and makes it unreedemable is the extreme homophobia. The Baron is a homosexual villain and then Lynch went and added sores ... in 1984.

To his credit, he's since stated that this is one of the things he regrets the most about the whole project.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

i think lynch actually said he hates his dune

what a dumbass, who cares what directors think of their movies

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Palpek posted:

i think lynch actually said he hates his dune

what a dumbass, who cares what directors think of their movies

He does, and yeah, artists are the worst possible judges of their own works, that's a given in all artistic fields.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Spacedad posted:

I saw this in a movie theater a couple months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WWu1kclNDA

Literally EVERYTHING was in place to REALLY DO THIS and they had the budget and everyone ready to go for it - but then the studio got dumb and said no.

We were cheated out of a dune that would have had the collaborative efforts of: Pink Floyd. Dali. Orson Welles. HR Giger. Moebius. Magma. And countless other talents and soon-to-be-established talents from that time. Holy poo poo.

Fortunately - The team that he assembled to create the movie went on to do a ton of other influential things. And a lot of the work they made mutated into things you see in other films later - so even without the film being made the film art & business was revolutionized after all.

He is also cool with the idea of someone taking his original script and realizing it in animated form. :eyepop:

Oh and after he got done with movies, he went on to create a massive body of work writing really cool arty comics (to this day) that are as bizarre and beautiful as his films. He's returning to movie-making to direct a new film now too.

drat it's not going to be anywhere near me apparently ever. And there was a near ish showing like two weeks ago gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lynch's dune owns

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

THS posted:

lynch's dune owns

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

as a kid I preferred Dune to Return of the Jedi, but upon recent viewings, the second half is kinda messy. the first half of the movie owns tho.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fzSc_i0Tc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

THS posted:

lynch's dune owns

It really does and watching the long version baked is quite a movie watching ecperience let me tell you.

• Locked thread