Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should the US Age of Consent be raised to 21?
Dear Editor, kids these days don't deserve to have sex until they're at least 21. Also, they should stop playing so much loud hip-hop music and get a job!
18 years old is perfectly reasonable.
What, are you nuts? 18 is bad enough. If anything, AOC should be brought back down to 16 (Mods please fwd the list of users who pick this option to the FBI).
What did we tell you about lurking moar, Applewhite?
View Results

• Locked thread
GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

:vd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

where goku

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
:goku:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
gently caress that dude . The thought of not being able to gently caress 20 year olds when I was 21 is loving tragic

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

something something aatrek

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Zzulu posted:

for ur infos, all of europe is pretty teenfriendly

my_vacation_planner.jpg

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Dick Fagballzson posted:

The age of consent being 21 would make college a really boring place, instead of the non-stop fuckfest it is now for a lot of people.

lol

Morkyz fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 2, 2014

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Everyone should have to be evaluated by a licensed psychologist before each episode of sexual contact, even the psychologist. You want to give hj? Better fill out this Medicaid paperwork.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i won't sleep with a girl if she's even had 1 drink. better be safe than sorry, particularly in today's anti-male climate./

Edit:

Celery Face posted:

Why would anyone over 20 want to have sex with a 16 year old when they can just get someone their own age? I don't get it.
Um, b/c 16 year old are hotter?

Kleen_TheRacistDog fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 3, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Why would anyone over 20 want to have sex with a 16 year old when they can just get someone their own age? I don't get it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sixteen is reasonable and there should be more discretion w/r/t statutory rape when the ages are close and theres no evidence of coercion

also there should be laws drawn up specifically addressing sexting and all that nonsense teens do to differentiate it from the kind of crime that turns kids into sex offenders for life

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible

LifeSizePotato posted:

as i've gotten older, the thought of a 16-year-old piloting a 4000lbs of metal at 70mph has gotten more unsettling

I agree, lets teach 12 year olds to drive, so that by the time they are 16, they are actually good and not terrible.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

americans should be sterilized

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dementedghost posted:

I agree, lets teach 12 year olds to drive, so that by the time they are 16, they are actually good and not terrible.

Abstinence-only driver's ed.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I agree OP. Americans are at least 3 years dumber than people in most other developed nations.

sounds pretty tough
May 17, 2012

Being an asshole is just part of my manly essence
dickless virgin trying to legitimize not having sex until he was 36 with a drug addled hooker in a motel. Don't try and bring everyone else down just because your balls didn't drop until you were out of college rear end in a top hat.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zombies' Downfall posted:

This is good, and then you lose your voting license at 60 and driving license at 70

Reverse those 2 numbers and I will agree.

SpaceBum
May 1, 2006

sounds pretty tough posted:

dickless virgin trying to legitimize not having sex until he was 36 with a drug addled hooker in a motel. Don't try and bring everyone else down just because your balls didn't drop until you were out of college rear end in a top hat.

Pretty specific imagery there...

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
disagreed. having to pretend to not to find 16/17 year olds hot is already straining men's sense of propriety to its absolute limit. take away the last legal teens and somethings gonna snap

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Zzulu posted:

for ur infos, all of europe is pretty teenfriendly

That map is bullshit, the age of consent here in Argentina is 18.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The age of consent should be "when you're a skeleton living in a graveyard."

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Pochoclo posted:

That map is bullshit, the age of consent here in Argentina is 18.

if america having different ages everywhere is anything to go by it's a mishmash of federal laws on some parts of the map and provincial/prefectural/state/etc. laws on others

sounds pretty tough
May 17, 2012

Being an asshole is just part of my manly essence

SpaceBum posted:

Pretty specific imagery there...

they call that creativity. it's somewhere between that mathbook you got and the titties you dream about

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenHeart posted:

The age of consent should be "when you're a skeleton living in a graveyard."

sketetons dont feel nothing..

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Dementedghost posted:

this is actually a p legit idea

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Teenagers? Having sex? :eyepop:

ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

gross fat americans you should raise the consent age to 60 so we dont have to see anymore fat rednecks on vacation

• Locked thread