Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ralphie forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Pine Barrens is one of the best episodes of any TV show ever.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
there were some really funny moments. i think my all time favourite was when Junior saw the scene in Curb Your Enthusiasm on his TV where Larry was mincing about in a bra on CCTV, and he thought it was him. Then he thought Geoff in CYE was Bobby

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

the worst stewie posted:

there were some really funny moments. i think my all time favourite was when Junior saw the scene in Curb Your Enthusiasm on his TV where Larry was mincing about in a bra on CCTV, and he thought it was him. Then he thought Geoff in CYE was Bobby

lol

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

they probably should have had a psychiatrist on staff instead of reading Freud's memoirs or whatever the gently caress. Meadow's weight shifts are also funny

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Great show except for Tony's awful loving children. AJ is the worst character in any show.

E: but Paulie is maybe the best?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
poo poo is great (even with all the terrible boring moments and corny cliches)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPKzzh1A0so

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Yea why they have to show guys kissing and stuff. Yuck gross!

its not that as much as the show took a break from being a crime drama to mess around with a 4th string character in rhode island or something, and it was all for nothing too because the guy just gets murdered as soon as he rejoins the main cast.

I remember hearing an interview with the actor that played the guy, and he said he pitched the plot because he read a book about some gay mobster that the gangsters begrudgingly respected because he was such a good earner, but that's not the direction they went at all. Instead we got a dull antiquing couple for a whole season.

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
The show has not aged well. It's relevant the way Sex In the City is relevant—premium tv from the early aughts that convinced people that it was good to spend money and also not give a poo poo about other people. I know it had an impact on premium tv and the timing was right and all that, but it's not even in my personal top 5 HBO shows, let alone top 5 of all time.

I tried to re-watch it maybe two years ago and the best parts were: Pine Barrens, Tony yelling "gabagoulle" at dinner that one time, and surprisingly, Adriana. I mostly felt like I was watching something just to be watching something. I would suggest you do something different with your time.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

hooare

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Drunkboxer posted:

its not that as much as the show took a break from being a crime drama to mess around with a 4th string character in rhode island or something, and it was all for nothing too because the guy just gets murdered as soon as he rejoins the main cast.

I remember hearing an interview with the actor that played the guy, and he said he pitched the plot because he read a book about some gay mobster that the gangsters begrudgingly respected because he was such a good earner, but that's not the direction they went at all. Instead we got a dull antiquing couple for a whole season.

Tony begrudgingly respected him and tried to advocate for him, the tragic part was it was obvious he could work and Tony understood that it doesn't really matter if someone is gay but at the end of the day the old ways win out

naem
May 29, 2011

Hey look it's every girl I've ever had a crush on

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Keep Autism Wired posted:

Tony begrudgingly respected him and tried to advocate for him, the tragic part was it was obvious he could work and Tony understood that it doesn't really matter if someone is gay but at the end of the day the old ways win out

It's been forever since I saw it but I only remember Tony going like "meh, maybe it's ok" once and then the dude gets totally murdered right after. It's not like they played with the dynamic at all.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

tony kills chris

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
listening to the Comfortably Numb cover on the Departed soundtrack lol (he was sure to mention this)

I just remembered the scene on the boat where tony was getting more and more annoyed by Paulie in addition to thinking he told Johnny Sack about some joke Ralphie made about his wife (eating a bigass plate of food the whole time, like always) and like being unable to keep his focus going back to the axe annd poo poo nearby thinking about killing him lol that was some good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ZyZ19XMS0

naem
May 29, 2011

I saw Paulie irl buying cigarettes in Brooklyn true story

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
AJ ruins the show

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ralphie is probably one of the best characters on the show: a total psychopath (whereas all the other mobsters are greedy assholes), but he earns, so his bullshit is allowed.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sopranos= game of thrones: New Jersey

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

naem posted:

I saw Paulie irl buying cigarettes in Brooklyn true story

Yeah, I've seen him around walking on the streets here. I heard that he lives in my neighborhood. I'm not sure if that should make me feel more or less safe.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
There are a shitload of Sopranos youtube videos where they cut out all the boring stupid parts of the show (Tony's family, restaurant owner guy, Season 4, etc) and just show awesome mob poo poo

Just got watch those and/or don't watch anything past season 4

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sopranos is really good with a bunch of bad scenes. It's still well worth watching OP.

Tujague posted:

There are a shitload of Sopranos youtube videos where they cut out all the boring stupid parts of the show (Tony's family, restaurant owner guy, Season 4, etc) and just show awesome mob poo poo

Artie's complete failure on every level is amazing wtf are you talking about.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

Tony seems to have a nice family here why cant he just be happy
Because he is depressed and incapable of the self-reflection required to ever truly help himself, OP.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 12, 2015

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

naem posted:

lmao

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

I'm about where you are OP and while I want to keep watching I find Christopher boring as day-old paint and the show is already leaning way too hard on his bullshit.

Really? I like Christopher

also this guy rules

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Drunkboxer posted:

I couldn't believe they thought the could get away with that, it always looked bad

*Tony asks question* "I wish the lord would take me"
When it first happened it probably looked fine but now? Yeah.

When I started watching Sons of Anarchy I was like, how do I know the lady playing Jaxs pregnant girlfriend?? Then later in the episode, or the next one she's bawling her eyes out and I just had this flashback to "CHRISTAFUHHH" and I realized it was Adrianna.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 12, 2015

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Tujague posted:

this one is my fav:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Macasaurus posted:

same, but with my last threesome

:(

lol

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the part with the degenerate gambler dad driven out of his business and into suicide was good

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
At the end, James Gandolfini dies of a massive heart attack after eating six pounds of fried food while on vacation in Italy.

geegee69
Jul 12, 2015

by Ralp
you are so lucy because you get to experience the sopranos for the first time. ive seen every episode a million times. best show ever.

it gets a little iffy in season 5, but not horribly.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Obligatory Handle posted:

At the end, James Gandolfini dies of a massive heart attack after eating six pounds of fried food while on vacation in Italy.

Don't forget all the booze.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

geegee69 posted:

you are so lucy because you get to experience the sopranos for the first time. ive seen every episode a million times. best show ever.

it gets a little iffy in season 5, but not horribly.

Except it isn't, really.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Yea why they have to show guys kissing and stuff. Yuck gross!

Lol thanks for the faux outrage but my problem with that subplot isn't gays kissing on my TV screen

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
The last scene of the final episode is AMAZING.

Can't wait for the movie starring some other hairy fat guy.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
not enough elves and dwarfs to be above goon criticism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

naem posted:

GRRM is actually from North Jersey so...

• Locked thread