Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

kittiesgomeow posted:

i had a student throw up on his final exam once. it went all over the place and all over him and all over the table he was at. then he started sobbing. so the entire room of 600 students just hears *hyuck* *sob* and i'm sure everyone is now feeling very confident about the exam.

the course coordinator made me wash the exams off and copy them so he could keep taking the exam :(

lol that sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I'm a pussy slayer.

loving animal shelter won't hire me full time though

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

coworker in office next to mine is still playing chipmunks christmas songs. How long can they go? February? March? stay strong, chipmunks songs lady

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nooner posted:

I work in marketing

Kill you're self

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

dad gay. so what posted:

when they shut down the stealth bathysphere program at NASA due to funding cuts (thanks bu$h!!) i did a brief stint as an intern with a local nail salon and it was probably the most rewarding work i have ever done, except for when i worked as a riverboat captain in new orleans

tell us about your exploits as a riverboat captain on the mighty missisip

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I had to suction vomit from a dude's eyeball last night because it kept coming out of his nose when I tried to ventilate him for more than 30 seconds.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

When I worked in a call centre sometimes we would have push up competitions when no one was calling in

Once I had to sleep in the warehouse because I was driving a shipment downtown early in the morning and lived too far away to commute in time. Two others guys had to do the same thing, we played video games in the conference room and went for beer. I miss that job

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

death sext posted:

coworker in office next to mine is still playing chipmunks christmas songs. How long can they go? February? March? stay strong, chipmunks songs lady

holy poo poo i would kill myself

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
As a paperboy I shared a corner with another kid. 5 am folding papers before we left for our routes.
He'd always show up either drinking or smoking weed; and most days would pay me $5 to fold his papers, which would take less than 5 minutes. It didn't make any sense because he probably only made $150/month on his route.
I didn't care though; that was some awesome extra $$ as a 14 year old.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i have a lot of "cathys" in my office if you know what i mean. lot of party planning committees.

these bitches love talking about the weather, your weekend, today's proximity to Friday, and novelty-sized throbbing cocks. in that order.

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.
some courses are coordinated, meaning there's one person who decides the sections covered and the schedule, writes the exams and the final and chooses homework problems. everyone who teaches the course has to follow this outline.

one semester the coordinator of a course decided that there would be one gradebook for 600 students that everyone would share, so everyone was editing the same excel file.

one student went around to a bunch of different instructors and kept getting points back on an exam because she would erase parts to make them correct and then be like "why didn't i get more points?" she ended up raising her exam grade by like 20 points. but because everyone had access to the book everyone could change her grade but no one knew it had already been changed. she got a B or something when she should have failed because we couldn't provide sufficient enough proof.

college is stupid.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

just lol if you work in an office hahaha

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

death sext posted:

a coworker just left my work who did that, huh, well he's your problem now fukr :twisted:

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

There was a skunk in the shop, but it's cold outside, so I let him hang. Not sure when this will backfire

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I saw a cage full of beer caught in a lift dangling down the lift shaft.

Cant evrn describe what it looked like it was some escher poo poo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Rasmussen posted:

Listen we can't all get paid to have sex with the Op's ...... oh wait...gently caress

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Internetjack posted:

As a paperboy I shared a corner with another kid. 5 am folding papers before we left for our routes.
He'd always show up either drinking or smoking weed; and most days would pay me $5 to fold his papers, which would take less than 5 minutes. It didn't make any sense because he probably only made $150/month on his route.
I didn't care though; that was some awesome extra $$ as a 14 year old.

My first job was a paperboy when I was about 12. Pretty much any day in the spring, summer, or fall there were fresh cobwebs across the walkways up to people's houses and I'd have to walk right through them. By the time I finished my route I looked like a gossamer-wrapped mummy

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

one time i read sa at work every day untill they fired me, this directly led to a better job where i still read sa all day

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

kittiesgomeow posted:

some courses are coordinated, meaning there's one person who decides the sections covered and the schedule, writes the exams and the final and chooses homework problems. everyone who teaches the course has to follow this outline.

one semester the coordinator of a course decided that there would be one gradebook for 600 students that everyone would share, so everyone was editing the same excel file.

one student went around to a bunch of different instructors and kept getting points back on an exam because she would erase parts to make them correct and then be like "why didn't i get more points?" she ended up raising her exam grade by like 20 points. but because everyone had access to the book everyone could change her grade but no one knew it had already been changed. she got a B or something when she should have failed because we couldn't provide sufficient enough proof.

college is stupid.

our learning support dept was being audited for not keeping adequate records of student IEPs. they've been instructed multiple times to use the dept shared folders, but they always forget how to use them and they'll end up asking each other and they'll go through emails and local disks trying to find the most up to date version of some kid's ed plan. audit time, morons.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

kittiesgomeow posted:

sufficient enough

kittiesgomeow posted:

college is stupid.

:thumbsup:

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I got drunk and high while working fast food and brought a sword into work and broke my arm trying to cut a bag of chicken.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Working summers during college I sliced half of the tip of my thumb off on a meat slicer. Chef says "slice that turkey breast" and when I got down to the point where the blade guard wouldn't go any lower, I figured I could just make another pass or two just by moving it with my hand.

Didn't even get a good scar out of the deal, just an oddly angled thumb.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm at work lying on a couch shitposting. This happens just about every day.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I used to work w a guy that was like 40 doing the same entry level job for the past 10+ years and living with his parents. His life plan seemed like it was to wait for his parents to die so he could inherit the house. He would throw tantrums and slam doors and kick stuff open etc. about every other week or so over seemingly nothing. Once he told me a gross story about a woman pooping in his bed after he had sex with her. I can only assume this happened at his parents house.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

death sext posted:

justifiable homicide imo

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Rasmussen posted:

- a poor

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

scott zoloft posted:

our learning support dept was being audited for not keeping adequate records of student IEPs. they've been instructed multiple times to use the dept shared folders, but they always forget how to use them and they'll end up asking each other and they'll go through emails and local disks trying to find the most up to date version of some kid's ed plan. audit time, morons.

i really really REALLY don't understand why people think that shared gradebooks are anything short of a horrid idea. i'm not sure if this person ever got in trouble, but i do think that at least they don't do it anymore. it really stemmed i think from the coordinator wanting to have control over everything (so they get control over everyone's gradebook) but also being lazy (so everyone had control of the gradebook). ugh.

sorry, i think "provide sufficient enough evidence" is sort of a mathematician phrase and i agree it sounds weird/wrong for actual english.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
so you work from home OP

Content: I am a woman who works as a software engineering manager. I once interviewed a guy for a job (on my team). When I came into the interview room, he looked at me and said "Ah! I assume you're with HR?"

I chose not to hire him.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 13, 2016

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

Thursday Next posted:

Content: I am a woman who works as a software engineering manager. I once interviewed a guy for a job (on my team). When I came into the interview room, he looked at me and said "Ah! I assume you're with HR?"

I chose not to hire him.

:owned:

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
I work in a warehouse and sometimes I don't want to kill myself.

Just kidding.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Thursday Next posted:

so you work from home OP

I chose not to hire him.

Actually I masturbate retards for charity tyvm

also lol gently caress what a way to start an interview

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i wish these forums would work how's that for a story eheh

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Working in a library way back when: oh Jesus there are cockroaches all inside this book; oh my lord there are cockroaches coming out of the patron's shirt

I assume this still happens in libraries additionally there are bedbugs. Books aren't worth it never go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Guy comes to an interview at the supermarket in a suit. At rhe any questions part of the interview the conversation goes

"If someone punches me i can hit them back right?"

"We hope it wont come to that ever"

"ITS SELF DEFENCE!!"

he got escourted out

• Locked thread