Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BCR
Jan 23, 2011

AgentF posted:

Thanks for the links. Not sure if this is the award or not. She's in the hospital now and recovering so I'll try to hold back with questions until she's on her feet again.

Thanks for the detailed response. The union is hard at work trying to do a few things at that workplace so are hopefully on the case of trying to extract that promised permanency (it was promised for a few casuals so she's not alone in this). I'm not sure which union it is but I'll try to find out. If they're solidly on the case then it seems like something I can't really help by involving myself in, since I'm assuming that they're the experts in this kind of thing and I'm only the fiance of a relative of one of the employees involved.

The employer has been taking advantage of her for a while now. She's owed thousands in unpaid wages due to HR stuff-ups and is also rostered heavily for holidays; she hasn't had a Christmas or Mother's Day free for years now despite asking well in advance. Hopefully a precedence of screwing her about will count against them in front of an ombudsman. I don't know how much lawyers cost and this woman already seriously doesn't have a lot of money and can be kinda proud at times so might not accept me paying for a lawyer for her.

Edit: dodgy employer snipe

Make sure shes a paid up member, or you personally pay her dues for her. If she's not a member, sign her up and let her union rep help.

Document every time they've hosed her over. Hopefully there is emails or sms messages? If not, get her to do a statuary declaration

Having 1) your contract 2) your award 3) documents proving they've hosed her over will make the reps life much easier and justice faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Hey states, in exchange for less money I'll in return give you less money

quote:

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has beefed up his argument in favour of allowing the states to directly levy a portion of income tax, arguing it could also allow them to directly fund public schools.

Mr Turnbull defended the announcement after criticism from a number of states, saying it had not come "out of the blue" and he was confident states would spend money "more wisely" if they directly collected it.

The Prime Minister has already suggested the states use the changes to directly fund hospitals.

This morning he told Radio National it was possible to make a "very powerful case" for the states to take over full responsibility for public school funding if they had direct access to income tax revenue

I wonder if this will also effect priva....

quote:

He said the Commonwealth would not relinquish control of funding for private and independent schools.

...oh.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
NSFW: A Liberal MP Has Written The Erotic Australia-Indonesia War Novel Absolutely No One Asked For

COMEDY loving GOLD oh my god

NSFW:

quote:

“Yasmine didn’t believe in wearing bras; in fact, she really didn’t need to wear them as her breasts were still as firm as they had been in her late teens. Rono massaged her small, soft brown breasts, luxuriating in the silky complexion of her skin. He moved his hand up her inner thigh. ‘Yes,’ she moaned. ‘Do it now, please, don’t wait any longer.'”

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

holy poo poo yesssssssssss

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
:awesome: Preessee reerrect me!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

what the gently caress cartoon

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

When does parliament re-sit now? Next week? Love to see someone in Question Time ask Jensen about his "art".

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

what the gently caress cartoon

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It was an ironic in character response to the LNP indonesian fan fic, get with the times.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cartoon you are racist slime. Absolutely nothing can be funny but the the white man, not in this thread.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Ronda and Katut Noooooooooooo

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Also is NewMatilda down for anyone else?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Laserface posted:

Cartoon you are racist slime. Absolutely nothing can be funny but the the white man, not in this thread.
I was taking the piss out of the Liberal guy who I assume is white? If I am mistaken then I apologise to him (Oh God I hope it's a he now) for what ever race he is that isn't the actual correct one.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah, it's Dennis Jensen, aka Walternate.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Cartoon you silly old goose, you've been had.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I was playing it for the laughs :shrug:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Cartoon posted:

I was playing it for the laughs :shrug:

A good comedian plays to the crowd.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah, everyone knows that auspol is a humourless wasteland

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ban thread, gas cartoon, move to new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alright, this is confusing. Enjoy your April thread.

• Locked thread