Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Rambowjo posted:

ToTheArk's true face.

Isn't it obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KimJongUnstoppable
Sep 18, 2010

Juche Lyfe 4 Ever!
Nobody else sees a deformed Trent Reznor?

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Stryder posted:

Isn't it obvious?

Robby Rotten!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Commissar posted:

"Goddamnit Alex stop killing people, I am so sick of cleaning up your messes. Jay doesn't pull this poo poo! He just runs around in the woods and passes out!"

humanstopleavingthese
inmyhousenohumanidont
wanttheseidonthavetime
toplayshoohumandont
makemegetthesprayiwill
putyouinthearchuman

el_jewapo
Feb 16, 2011
New tweet:

Marble Hornets posted:

@marblehornet
I never noticed anyone following me around while I was outside the store. Going to be looking over my shoulder whenever I'm out there now.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm really hoping this new season recovers some of the paranoia I (and possibly Jay) had during the first season. I feel like over the course of S2 there became much less of a drive to find out what was going on because of "ohmygod there's a lanky, dapper fellow slowly eating my soul" and more of Jay trying to solve a mystery. I just rewatched all of season 2, and had the thought that Jay sure was spending a lot of time watching these videos over and over and not running the gently caress away from the Operator.

Though admittedly, that's more or less what happens in every "present time" video in S2.

But yeah, anybody else feel like S2 lost a lot of the paranoid element the first season had?

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
The footage of Jay at the antiques store has the same "stutter" effect we saw when Jay was talking to Tim on the phone.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

For now (aka til I am proven hilariously wrong) I am sticking with Tim being unaware of his Masky alter-ego, so I'm down with this interpretation.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had a blackout like Jay did, he woke up remembering nothing.

It's feasible story wise that Tim just woke up one day in the middle of somewhere he didn't recognise with a hosed up leg and various injuries and a weird mask. If that happened to me I think I'd seek some help too.

Anything that did come back a doc would probably chalk up to a psychological breakdown or something anyway. I would probably refer to that as "some issues" or "stuff" or whatever he said too if I just ran into some dude I worked with for a little bit in college.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

A_Raving_Loon posted:

humanstopleavingthese
inmyhousenohumanidont
wanttheseidonthavetime
toplayshoohumandont
makemegetthesprayiwill
putyouinthearchuman

Slendernanny is sick of having to clean up all these bodies. Blood is hard to get out, you know!

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
Just received my Season 2 DVD today!

Although I ordered a t-shirt with it and got the Season 1 DVD instead. :confused:

Hungry Joes Smile
Sep 5, 2007

what's going on? I'll cut you.
Is the chest cam still in play? If I was Jay I'd strap that to my back while facing the handheld where I looked.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hungry Joes Smile posted:

Is the chest cam still in play? If I was Jay I'd strap that to my back while facing the handheld where I looked.

That would be awesome.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind.

Jesto fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 1, 2014

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Currently uploading Marble Beerboyz - Beer #53 - Leinenkugel Sucks

I get naked in it as a publicity stunt. :nms:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

:siren: MARBLE BEERBOYZ SEASON 3 HAS BEGUN :siren:

God drat you own FRA. :allears:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Never stop doing what you do

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Solid gold :cheers:

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

fullroundaction posted:

Currently uploading Marble Beerboyz - Beer #53 - Leinenkugel Sucks

I get naked in it as a publicity stunt. :nms:

In obvious conjunction with this incredible event, my season 2 dvd arrived today so I'll be catching up tonight.

I doubt I remember half the crap I need to, but let's see what happens.

E: And for the record, Leinies usually gives me a headache, but they have a few good seasonals.

Edit 2: Forgive me for this, but I honestly don't remember it coming up when this episode posted...why is the answer to "have you been in something I've seen?" blanked out in 28? (I probably posted on it and forgot...but it's wonderful watching creepy Jay again)

Pehther fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 23, 2012

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Best Beerboyz yet.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Pehther posted:

E: And for the record, Leinies usually gives me a headache, but they have a few good seasonals.

Totally, how could anyone hate on a beer that literally tastes like fruity pebbles? :allears:

The title was kind of a lame mash up of the two beers featured, the other being Lagunitas Sucks (which I just recently encountered and became a fast favorite).

More stuff on the way, just trying to find someone to shave my back first.

Timall
Dec 20, 2008
New tweets!

marblehornets posted:

Tim called today. Said he found his tapes. Getting them from him at some point tomorrow.

Someone asks Jay if he'll bring his camera when he meets Tim.

marblehornets posted:

I am. Meeting him in a public place, too. Just in case.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
I like how he says that as if he's only just figured out there may be danger, and he thinks we'll be proud of him for figuring it out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pretty great tweet:

@marblehornets posted:

Just got back from meeting Tim. Got a bag full of tapes. Again.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That's some great self awareness there. Even Jay is getting aggravated at always viewing tapes.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
I am so disappointed, we're onto page 10 in this thread and Beowulf LeGrange hasn't updated us on his inability to sleep tonight. Did he get banned? Did the Operator eat him? Did he finally get to sleep?

I like and appreciate the increased use of twitter this season, it helps fill in the gaps between entries and keep interest up. I think a lot of people felt like nothing at all happened in season 2 because Jay never emphasized that he was moving from hotel to hotel. Which brings up the question of where Jay is finding the money for these hotels. He doesn't seem to have a job, is he just bleeding a bank account dry?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Jay is funding his hotel spree with DVD sales.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So either Tim is messing with Alex and using the tapes to guide him to something or the hypothesis about him being unaware of his activities as Masky is correct.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
Finally caught up (I actually wasn't that far behind, just the last three entries).

The real nagging question for me is why Alex sucked Jay in with the fake "Burn the tapes" story in the first place, as opposed to just doing what he did to Brian and Seth. Unless of course he told Tim the same thing in regards to the tapes Tim has.

And while I don't think Tim is aware of Masky, I think Masky is very much aware of Tim. It explains the events around 15 pretty well. Jay and Tim both seem to be guided subconsciously to find Alex. Maybe that's why Alex needs to wrap up all loose ends, because the people around him are compelled to find him and that's when bad things happen to Alex.

Also, excellent Beerboyz, even if I can't really enjoy Berry Weiss.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Pehther posted:

The real nagging question for me is why Alex sucked Jay in with the fake "Burn the tapes" story in the first place, as opposed to just doing what he did to Brian and Seth. Unless of course he told Tim the same thing in regards to the tapes Tim has.

I don't think that was fake. Unless i am mistaken we don't know if Alex had anything to do with Brian and Seth disappearing, and while his recent actions are pretty bad, they also take place after Jay started watching the tapes, as opposed to burning them like Alex said, so if anything it's all Jay's fault.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Oasx posted:

I don't think that was fake. Unless i am mistaken we don't know if Alex had anything to do with Brian and Seth disappearing, and while his recent actions are pretty bad, they also take place after Jay started watching the tapes, as opposed to burning them like Alex said, so if anything it's all Jay's fault.

I thought the point of 51 was that Alex was leading these people to sacrifice them to the Operator, unless we're still going with Jay being an unreliable narrator and misleading us.

Makes me think of 20, though, since Jay and Tim are the only people on the cast of Marble Hornets at that point.

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

Rambowjo posted:

ToTheArk has put out a new video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUaqrdxbZ30

I can't quite get a still of the face after the ~~bokeh~~. Seems like the video is exactly what the title says. A reminder.

I'm actually starting to lean more towards what someone earlier in the thread said. Just because Tim blacks out during Masky-time, who's to say Masky blacks out during Tim-time?

Maybe Tim legitimately doesn't remember, but "Tim" isn't TTA, maybe Tim is Masky, and Masky is TTA. And this video was actually Masky saying "Tim may not remember you, Jay, but I certainly do."

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

carnivaljunkie posted:

I'm actually starting to lean more towards what someone earlier in the thread said. Just because Tim blacks out during Masky-time, who's to say Masky blacks out during Tim-time?

Maybe Tim legitimately doesn't remember, but "Tim" isn't TTA, maybe Tim is Masky, and Masky is TTA. And this video was actually Masky saying "Tim may not remember you, Jay, but I certainly do."

Ok, I have not really followed this trend (except watching Beerboyz, which was awesome), and watching that video was my first real exposure to the kinds of videos people are watching with this series. That video really seemed to me like something a woman wo was suspicious of a peeping tom would post.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Pretty sure the new TTA video is just Tim going "teehee I totally know who you are". That playful prankster.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Watching season one and so far the scariest thing is how loving terrible the Marble Hornets film in-series is.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dickeye posted:

Watching season one and so far the scariest thing is how loving terrible the Marble Hornets film in-series is.

There's a joke trailer for it on the season 2 DVD, and it is glorious.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Double posting for :supaburn: new entry incoming :supaburn: Tweeted about an hour ago.

@MarbleHornets posted:

Uploading Entry #54 later tonight.

https://twitter.com/!/marblehornets/status/184077838071234560

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

Docjowles posted:

Double posting for :supaburn: new entry incoming :supaburn: Tweeted about an hour ago.

https://twitter.com/!/marblehornets/status/184077838071234560

I came into the thread a little late, so I just got caught up in the thread earlier today with #53 and the new TTA video, so seeing another entry coming up tonight? It's like Christmas and birthdays all wrapped into one. Plus, the guys are in my timezone, so I don't think I'll have to wait till tomorrow. :D

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

carnivaljunkie posted:

I came into the thread a little late, so I just got caught up in the thread earlier today with #53 and the new TTA video, so seeing another entry coming up tonight? It's like Christmas and birthdays all wrapped into one. Plus, the guys are in my timezone, so I don't think I'll have to wait till tomorrow. :D

Look at this newbie. Sony Vegas is so bad that you always have to wait till tomorrow!

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Sony Vegas

We've come so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I really forgot what all this late night :f5:ing was like. I wanna go to bed, but I wanna catch this as soon as it goes up. At least I don't have anything else happening tomorrow.

• Locked thread