Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EC posted:

Yeah, I've been keeping up with the news, I was just expecting hoping to hear something new at E3.

I think that it'll either be at Tokyo Game Show 2012, or it's never coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Role Play McMurphy posted:

I liked All-Stars in theory but if you just watch Sweet Tooth in that video... he jumps around and does the same plant mine move over and over and over and over again and it looks boring as gently caress. Then he gets the level 3 super and wins the game thanks to his boring-rear end tactics.

Maybe they planned that to show off a level 3 super or something but you'd think they would've wanted to show more dynamic, exciting gameplay than someone cheesing a single move.

Sweet Tooth didn't win. Fat Princess won by using a lot of level ones.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I played the R&C All 4 One beta and it had promise but overall the controls and ability to keep track of where your character was on screen was a little... lacking.

Did that game end up getting any better?

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
Looks like being a late, late adopter to this generation of consoles is paying off :)

I'll probably download InFamous, Just Cause and Saints Row, but I've never played the previous games. Are they easy enough to get in to on their own?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Recycle Bin posted:

Looks like being a late, late adopter to this generation of consoles is paying off :)

I'll probably download InFamous, Just Cause and Saints Row, but I've never played the previous games. Are they easy enough to get in to on their own?

inFamous is kind of story connected but Just Cause and Saints Row are fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saints and Just Cause yes, Infamous not so much.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I didn't think much of the All Stars demo. But I didn't judge it harshly because it seems like it is still hasn't had everything finalized. I mean we still don't even know the whole roster.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I was wondering why I felt so compelled to upgrade my hard drive to a 500 GB one a day back, but E3 proved that gut feeling to be a good idea. Lookit' all them free games!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I said come in! posted:

I think that it'll either be at Tokyo Game Show 2012, or it's never coming out.

Pretty much this. I mean the main guy is gone, so even though Sony is going IT is still going to come out, wouldn't be surprised if they axed it.

Christ, how long as this game been in development? More longer than GT5?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
ZOE HD looks kinda pixelly in motion. They should have removed the blur effect, it's really unnecessary. Still controls great, though!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Policenaut posted:

inFamous is kind of story connected but Just Cause and Saints Row are fine.

The only thing you need to know about Just Cause 2 is "shoot things with white stars and shoot people shooting at you also you have a grappling hook". Have fun!

[19 hours in that game and I've barely done anything meaningful plot-advancement-wise, but boy have I blown the poo poo out of a lot of things]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yay yay yay!

Portal 2 gets move support level pack later this year

I assume this means the rest of the game will also be playable via move. I will definitely be replaying it if so.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Yay yay yay!

Portal 2 gets move support level pack later this year

I assume this means the rest of the game will also be playable via move. I will definitely be replaying it if so.

It always struck me as really weird that Valve were supporting the Hydra controller (which nobody owns) but skipped on adding Move support (which might actually get used by somebody, somewhere) on Portal 2. Better late than never, I guess.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Last of Us gameplay video is impressive. The main thing I don't like about uncharted it the waves of enemies and this looks pretty much like uncharted without boring shooting sections.

So, is your guy just a sadistic rear end in a top hat in the game? The demo is pretty much just him running around murdering people and starting poo poo. I hope it has non-violent approaches to combat like being able to stealth through stuff or talk your way out of things vs. just kill everyone.

Also,

youtube posted:

good game....too bad halo 4 is better...i pity u PlayStation owners...never to have a full gaming experience of fantastic campaign and ridiculously fun multiplayer that halo provides...oh and the next generation...microsoft has already won..all game developers are flocking to the xbox...so you can enjoy your fragile equality with the 360....at least for now. hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was impressed with the number of exclusives Sony managed to snag this E3. Usually they seem pretty incompetent at that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

So, is your guy just a sadistic rear end in a top hat in the game? The demo is pretty much just him running around murdering people and starting poo poo. I hope it has non-violent approaches to combat like being able to stealth through stuff or talk your way out of things vs. just kill everyone.

They've said you can take non-killing approaches to combat as well. i think it is supposed to be less "you're a psychopath" and more "you'll do whatever is necessary to survive/protect the girl character."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

They've said you can take non-killing approaches to combat as well. i think it is supposed to be less "you're a psychopath" and more "you'll do whatever is necessary to survive/protect the girl character."
Didn't it say in the description that those guys are "hunters", and I presume out to kill your characters? If so then they probably need to die, just from a purely practical perspective. I mean, if you sneak past them now they could just show up again later on.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
You can download the free games now, but they don't show in the Playstation Plus area yet so you have to search for them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mean, if you sneak past them now they could just show up again later on.

Oh man. That would be incredible. The idea that going pacifist/non-killing would mean the guys you left alive show up again later would sell me on the game like nothing else.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Didn't it say in the description that those guys are "hunters", and I presume out to kill your characters? If so then they probably need to die, just from a purely practical perspective. I mean, if you sneak past them now they could just show up again later on.

I wonder how the game specifies who is a hunter vs. who could be a normal dude. As far as I could tell they didn't seem hostile until he started shooting at them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

I wonder how the game specifies who is a hunter vs. who could be a normal dude. As far as I could tell they didn't seem hostile until he started shooting at them.
Yeah that I don't know, but those guys looked like they were actively searching for your characters. It's a "Han shoots first" kind of thing, where if you know that they are there to kill you, you shouldn't wait until they attack.

Besides this is post-apocalyptia, survival of the whoever gets a shot in first.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

NESguerilla posted:

"Tourist"

It was hard to hear but those dudes were talking about killing "tourists" and when you start shooting one shouts something like "HEY! A TOURIST!"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Man if they're tourists that's one lovely rear end vacation

(yes I realize it's probably some in-game nomenclature)

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

That Gobbo posted:

You can download the free games now, but they don't show in the Playstation Plus area yet so you have to search for them.

Here's the list posted before:

Yechezkel posted:

Crosspost from the PS store thread:

*updated* 13 were on the screen, but 2 were of the same game. Games include:
Infamous 2,
LittleBigPlanet 2,
Saints Row 2,
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Sideway New York,
Lara Croft: Guardian of the Light,
Hard Corps: Uprising,
Just Cause 2,
Choplifter HD,
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone,
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (thanks Blunt Force Trauma), top left and bottom left

:psyboom:

Edit: they're in the new arrivals section now

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Sony booth area has a terrible selection of stuff to play. Ugh.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fuzz posted:

The Sony booth area has a terrible selection of stuff to play. Ugh.

Play Sony All-Stars. You can surely play it better than what was shown during the conference.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Feenix posted:

I played the R&C All 4 One beta and it had promise but overall the controls and ability to keep track of where your character was on screen was a little... lacking.

Did that game end up getting any better?

Nope. It ended up pretty dull and the same issues from the Beta carried over.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Does anyone know how long these PS+ games will be available for download in NA? I saw a list with expiration dates for the EU, but can't seem to find it for the US. I want to play like all of them but my HD is small so I'll probably have to delete some of them to download the others, just want to get the ones with the closest expiration date for now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hirsute posted:

Does anyone know how long these PS+ games will be available for download in NA? I saw a list with expiration dates for the EU, but can't seem to find it for the US. I want to play like all of them but my HD is small so I'll probably have to delete some of them to download the others, just want to get the ones with the closest expiration date for now.
Find them on the store, click download, and back out when you get to the download cart screen. It'll mark it as purchased and you'll be able to get it for as long as you have PS+.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Everything is up in the PS+ new releases section now... my internet connection will be busy for the next 48 hours or so... I knew this 750GB HD would pay off one day!

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Here's everything for those who can't see the store right now: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-store-update-242/

It's a pretty impressive selection, but I'll need to buy a new hard drive before I can even download half of these.

Also what's wrong with the All Stars game? It looks like Brawl but with most of the problems fixed (better online play and implementation of supers).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

miscellaneous14 posted:

Also what's wrong with the All Stars game? It looks like Brawl but with most of the problems fixed (better online play and implementation of supers).

Some people hate the idea that supers replace knock-off-screen as the main way to get kills and points. Others just don't care about the Sony roster so the game is an uninspired Smash clone in their eyes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm gonna grab Just Cause 2, Infamous 2 and VF5 to start. Ironically I have JC2 on the PC too but it has a control bug that I never figured out how to fix.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah that I don't know, but those guys looked like they were actively searching for your characters. It's a "Han shoots first" kind of thing, where if you know that they are there to kill you, you shouldn't wait until they attack.

Besides this is post-apocalyptia, survival of the whoever gets a shot in first.

The only problem I have with that is he was trading "Try to sneak around this group of people without being noticed" vs. "Take on a group of people by yourself". Which one of those sounds easier to you? I mean yeah, videogame logic, but still.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

miscellaneous14 posted:

Here's everything for those who can't see the store right now: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-store-update-242/

It's a pretty impressive selection, but I'll need to buy a new hard drive before I can even download half of these.

Near-undodgable 1 hit kill supers are a horrible unfun gameplay mechanic. They were one of the worst aspects of Brawl. Sony' smash bros main gameplay mode is entirely based around these supers. On top of that the game looks bland and uninspired, and the fact people are claiming it appears to be better balanced is laughable considering we've seen a whole 2 minutes of footage. I honesty don't know how anyone could think it looks better than smash brothers, and this is coming from someone who hasn't owned a Nintendo product in around 8 years.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Today of all days I wish I had my free month of PS+ :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I already had the 30 minute game trial downloaded of InFamous 2...which from my understanding is just the full game that then needs an unlock code downloaded if you purchase it.

Anyway I can somehow just download that rather than wait for the whole 15 GB to download all over again?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

Play Sony All-Stars. You can surely play it better than what was shown during the conference.

Already did, it's okay. It's a terrible game mode, but they said there will be ring out and health bar modes too, so that's good.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fuzz posted:

Already did, it's okay. It's a terrible game mode, but they said there will be ring out and health bar modes too, so that's good.

Well that just shut up about two thirds of the haters in this thread. Thanks Fuzz. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

Well that just shut up about two thirds of the haters in this thread. Thanks Fuzz. :)

Also Planetside 2 is insane, though they have no PS3 demo stations (probably because they haven't optimized out yet or something).

Also Aliens Colonial Marine MP is actually a lot of fun... they only had TDM and it's like a better version of Dead Space MP, but apparently there's a Natural Selection style base mode or something, which could be awesome. Sadly no SP demo station that I can see.

Honestly, the demo station selection this year is pretty poo poo. It's really disappointing compared to last year... it's only day one and I've already seen 80% of the stuff I care about. Oh well.

• Locked thread