Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I spent a bunch of points leveling up dagger skills, but I feel like sword skills will be more fun with the Assassin. Should I worry about the points I've spent, or are there enough to get everything you'd want to level and get?

I'm ~25 at the moment.

No, you're going to be making GBS threads DP by the end of the game. Don't worry about it and just do whatever, unless you're trying to do an actual build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Holy loving poo poo, it's amazing how much the right pawns turn a fight around. There's a big open-ish forest area where there's a dragon early on, and I'm like level 28 assassin, with a level 28 strider pawn, with one level 25 mage and a level 71 sorcerer. We get loving stomped, over and over again.

So, I head back, and swap out those two pawns for a level 73 sorcerer and a level 68 warrior from my friends list, and holy fuuuuuck did that fight become a tremendous loving breeze. Like four lifebars being obliterated in a single blow, I honestly felt like I was cheating.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I just got to the post-game as a 45ish assassin and I feel like I'm way out of my league here. Where can I go to grind out more gear/exp? Even the new goblins are wrecking me.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here I was being moderately bummed that my Sorcerer pawn wasn't getting as many rentals as my Warrior did, when I realized that she's at least been taken through the Dragon fight and the endgame a bit when she was happily guiding the way to the Dragon and even pointing out a couple of ballistas that I had no idea were up there.

After moving to the post-game I finally get a chance to rest and she comes back from two different (non-goon) people who've given her solid 5-stars and "Used Skills Masterfully!" along with a bunch of crazy gear some of which I've never even seen before.

I have to thank OK Octopus for having his sorcerer pawn be set to Scather/Utilitarian, it worked great when I rented her and I immediately set mine to the same when she went back to that class. She's a little meteor happy, but she's really a magical killing-machine now. :allears:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Jefferoo posted:

Holy loving poo poo, it's amazing how much the right pawns turn a fight around. There's a big open-ish forest area where there's a dragon early on, and I'm like level 28 assassin, with a level 28 strider pawn, with one level 25 mage and a level 71 sorcerer. We get loving stomped, over and over again.

So, I head back, and swap out those two pawns for a level 73 sorcerer and a level 68 warrior from my friends list, and holy fuuuuuck did that fight become a tremendous loving breeze. Like four lifebars being obliterated in a single blow, I honestly felt like I was cheating.
Haha, but you pretty much are, not that it really matters! I think Capcom goofed something in the Rune Currency generation.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Pawns from your friends list are free, apparently.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

No one ever rents my pawn, it seems. No one loves Olga. :(

I finally put my PSN name on the goon doc though, someone who needs a warrior rent her out so I can get more RC and nice things.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
So do the pity Rift Crystals you get from the fake adventures your Pawn goes on ever increase in number, or is it always the same 50~150ish amount? I know there isn't that much to buy with RC, but so far I'm pretty sure the majority of my small RC stash is pretty much all from those rare drops from monsters...

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, I finished NG+. Was expecting the Seneschal to be tutorial guy again, it being the old main character was unexpected. Not that she was that different, just a bit more shabbily equipped. I guess they probably expected people to change their character a bit more for +. Killed everyone by kicking them in the face, punching them in the face, or throwing another person at them, Seneschal and Main Pawn included. Great fun. Got Selene on the beach, seems her dialogue is pretty unique compared to how anyone else's would be.

Just got The Hero (one quest left), The Captain, and Well-Equipped to go now, then I guess that's the Platinum. Still want to master all the other vocations though. Bit more on Sorcerer, then all of Mystic Knight and Magick Archer. Got a lot of good equipment for them too, it'll be nice to try some of it out.

Anyone know what the three dragon tears actually do when you have them on you together? Didn't see much difference in the Post Game area, although it's satisfying enough to make the scaly bastards cry.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Is there any way to log into the pawn system from just a regular browser? Wanna check in on my stuff. Also, are we meant to add the people on the goon spreadsheet as friends before we hire their pawns?

neetz
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten posted:

After moving to the post-game I finally get a chance to rest and she comes back from two different (non-goon) people who've given her solid 5-stars and "Used Skills Masterfully!" along with a bunch of crazy gear some of which I've never even seen before.

Is your pawn Cedar? I think I sent a over an outfit and an archstaff. I liked the name and she held her own against some super strong things so goodies were in order. Taking lower level pawns through post game stuff is much more fun.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yep that's her! I was totally wrong about it not being a goon apparently. In any case thanks for the awesome stuff, I hadn't gotten any gear sent to my pawns before so when she showed back up with a ton of fancy poo poo it was a really cool surprise.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I gave up on being an adult and making my strider pawn a redhead with the "sexiest" (bleeccchhh) outfit+hair possible. Been profiting nonstop, I feel loving awful, but that's how it goes I guess.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, my strong, tall, body-builder-figure black woman hasn't been hired in aaaaaaaaaaages.

Aw, well, I'm happy with her at least. v:shobon:v

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I keep turning down better and better helmets because none are as great as the horned helmet I've had on my pawn Chuft since like level 15. I'm considering switching to mystic knight or something to take advantage of all this gear but I'm concerned I'll be too weak for the postgame, especially with my magic in the 100s. There's always new game, I guess. How many times did you guys switch vocations? I've used strider and assassin exclusively.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

a kitten posted:

Yep that's her! I was totally wrong about it not being a goon apparently. In any case thanks for the awesome stuff, I hadn't gotten any gear sent to my pawns before so when she showed back up with a ton of fancy poo poo it was a really cool surprise.

I feel like charlie brown. Whenever my pawn does get hired she always comes back with rocks. I had 4 people hire her while I took a break and all 4 gave me rocks.

neetz
Mar 28, 2010

Lotish posted:

Yeah, my strong, tall, body-builder-figure black woman hasn't been hired in aaaaaaaaaaages.

Aw, well, I'm happy with her at least. v:shobon:v

Ha, just from the description alone I know this is the pawn in that amazing wolf hat. She's on my favourite list, if it's any consolation. Besides, the higher your level seems to get, the less frequently you seem to get hired.

Goon pawns are the best pawns.

ThisIsACoolGuy, there's a bug where weapons and armor sent to you gets converted into rocks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess you're not supposed to just jump right into the everfall, considering I can literally do no damage to the Beholder even when its defenses are down.

e: Oh, the pawns are lying to me. You shoot when the eye is SHUT, not open. This is tedious as all hell.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 19, 2012

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

How many times did you guys switch vocations? I've used strider and assassin exclusively.

I went the first 50 levels as melee then the next 50 as magic blaster and after that I tried and maxed every class until settling down on MK at around level 145.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Morlon, the tiny ancient mage, never gets hired. He's been hired by literally 2 people ever and one of those is my friend.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

neetz posted:

Ha, just from the description alone I know this is the pawn in that amazing wolf hat. She's on my favourite list, if it's any consolation. Besides, the higher your level seems to get, the less frequently you seem to get hired.

Goon pawns are the best pawns.

ThisIsACoolGuy, there's a bug where weapons and armor sent to you gets converted into rocks.

Ha ha. You're right about that. I don't know whether to be flattered or appalled that my pawn is so recognizable.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

It took me a bit, but I finally realized the major problem with my party. I still had Rook. At level 11. Dude was hardlocked at six. Now I've got two higher level pawns rolling around with me and my main and we are loving things up like we should be.

Also I finally realized how to add skills this morning after I finally got around to reading the manual. It's pretty great.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The first time I met a Pawn in a wolf hat, I thought "great, he looks hilarious, he's hired!". He was rubbish and I had to fire him soon after. :negative:

Mr Asshat
Oct 28, 2005
My support mage pawn gets hired all the time despite being relatively low level and not particularly well equipped, oh and she is a banging hot blonde so i guess that has something to do with it, she seems to be popular despite not showing any skin, but she never gets any good gifts, i'll try and sex her out to see if it makes a diffidence, sadly i think that will work.

Also despite being hired a bunch of times she still doesn't have any rating of any kind yet, not sure how that system works.

Mr Asshat fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 19, 2012

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Slapped the DLC Solar Armor on my Warrior pawn and he's quite popular now. It's so shiny :unsmith:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

tooooooo bad posted:

Slapped the DLC Solar Armor on my Warrior pawn and he's quite popular now. It's so shiny :unsmith:
Praise
The Sun.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel like charlie brown. Whenever my pawn does get hired she always comes back with rocks. I had 4 people hire her while I took a break and all 4 gave me rocks.

I'm totally the guy who sends your pawn back with full 5 star ratings and a rotten fish.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cougar cub posted:

I'm totally the guy who sends your pawn back with full 5 star ratings and a rotten fish.

I'm perpetually broke/saving for the next time I waste all my healing items so I give out various support things like frozen holy water.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I keep turning down better and better helmets because none are as great as the horned helmet I've had on my pawn Chuft since like level 15. I'm considering switching to mystic knight or something to take advantage of all this gear but I'm concerned I'll be too weak for the postgame, especially with my magic in the 100s. There's always new game, I guess. How many times did you guys switch vocations? I've used strider and assassin exclusively.

I don't know why the horned helmet isn't a much later piece of equipment. I've had it on my pawn Shelly since level 10 or so as well. Almost every helmet I've seen since has technically been better, but they all look horrible in comparison.

As for vocations, I did 3 (technically 4) switches. I went Strider-Assassin-Ranger-Assassin. The fighter path doesn't appeal to me at all in this game. I feel too limited only being able to run in and swing wildly at enemies, and for my first playthrough I didn't want to use magic at all so my second playthrough could be pure casting.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Protip for being a caster: either give your pawn the same spells as you or hire a support pawn that does because mirrored casting owns.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Man those bandits with shields are a bitch. Did I wander into a zone I wasn't supposed to? I'm barely whittling away at the guy's health.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Lyer posted:

Man those bandits with shields are a bitch. Did I wander into a zone I wasn't supposed to? I'm barely whittling away at the guy's health.
Instead of whittling them down, stun them, pick them up, and throw them off of a cliff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nobody hires my strider. I just fixed her because she had somehow changed to guardian after being a utilitarian. She's pretty awesome as she is now, running around the battlefield using all her skills. I thought she was kinda sexed up too since I have a chestguard and small top so she's showing a lot of skin. But I think when I put the assassin's mask on her to cover her hair, it took away some of the appeal people had. :(

So now I'm running around playing dress up before moving on with the game.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

So now I'm running around playing dress up before moving on with the game.

Dress up is the most important part of the game :colbert:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Man that iron head gear has some nice stats.

But my bandits bandana looks soooo cool.

Truly this is my hardest choice yet :negative:

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

a kitten posted:

I have to thank OK Octopus for having his sorcerer pawn be set to Scather/Utilitarian, it worked great when I rented her and I immediately set mine to the same when she went back to that class. She's a little meteor happy, but she's really a magical killing-machine now. :allears:

Aww, thank you! I think mine's currently Scather / Challenger at the moment. Not ideally where I'd want her, but I'm currently tooling around in the Everfall and it's really awkward to run out and buy those potions.

Anyways, guess it's time for a bit of self-pimping. Still plenty of room left on my XBOX buddy list, folks. Gamer tag is, unsurprisingly, OK Octopus.

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

I'm going to make sweet love to him! FROM THE BACK!!
RRRRRRRRR

tooooooo bad posted:

Is that just from the latest From a Different Sky pack or is there something completely different that I'm missing? I'm on PS3, if it makes a difference.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Cakeequals posted:

Is that just from the latest From a Different Sky pack or is there something completely different that I'm missing? I'm on PS3, if it makes a difference.
That DLC isn't out for PS3 yet. It will probably show up tomorrow.

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

I'm going to make sweet love to him! FROM THE BACK!!
RRRRRRRRR

gibbed posted:

That DLC isn't out for PS3 yet. It will probably show up tomorrow.

Oh, weird, is that just because of the Xbox marketplace updating at a different time or are the release dates different between consoles? Also, how much is it on Xbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Cakeequals posted:

Oh, weird, is that just because of the Xbox marketplace updating at a different time or are the release dates different between consoles? Also, how much is it on Xbox?
No, it released last week for Xbox 360 I'm pretty sure, no idea why it didn't get released on the PS3 side. Don't know how much it costs.

• Locked thread