Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And numbers aside, Staff is a fun set.

This post makes no sense to me :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
For those of you at work or who otherwise missed it here is a link to some screenshots of the new costume

http://imgur.com/a/HmvcI

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
I don't have a character with Hand Clap so I can't test it, but I'm hoping against hope that it can take the KB to KD proc, that would be an excellent power for my tank-ish characters if it did KD.

Robo-pirates are awesome! When are they planning on releasing that hotness?

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Slung Blade posted:

So the problem is more that you hate anticipating anything and have no patience?

What a horrible goony existence. :smith:

No need to be a dick bmu, I thought we were friends. I just hate not having a reason to play anymore.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Bird Law posted:

Robo-pirates are awesome! When are they planning on releasing that hotness?

As I'm at work I'm going on second hand info here, it's part of the next super pack (poo poo I don't think I got all the elemental order ones) and it might be on beta for testing.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I don't know how many people don't know this (since I certainly didn't) but you can check which pieces of Elemental Order you still need by going in game and checking your Collect tab on your navigation tab.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Evil Sagan posted:

Out of curiousity, do I need to be logged in for the invite to the super secret goon chathouse to be sent? I don't think this game is really going to hold my attention for very long without dick jokes crossing my screen as I play.

Nope, you can get the invite while logged out and it'll pop up as soon as you log in.

Problem is, iirc if you're a free player you can't join any global channels until you've spent $10-15 in the store. Something to do with gold spammers.

I don't remember if you're a free player or not, i'll try shooting an invite later tonight if someone else hasn't already done it.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Concurred posted:

I don't know how many people don't know this (since I certainly didn't) but you can check which pieces of Elemental Order you still need by going in game and checking your Collect tab on your navigation tab.

I did not know that, I'll have to check when I get home. Thanks!

Vasbyt-XXI
Jul 22, 2007
Do those elemental order pieces unlock on all characters or just one character?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Soothing Vapors posted:

This post makes no sense to me :spergin:

I have no :spergin: and I don't like dick. Am I even allowed to post in this thread?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Vincent-XXI posted:

Do those elemental order pieces unlock on all characters or just one character?

All characters.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Free Headcrab posted:

No need to be a dick bmu, I thought we were friends. I just hate not having a reason to play anymore.

I'm yankin your chain man, relax.

Also come on, the problem isn't that there's nothing to do, it's that you're burned out on it for now. Just take a break for a couple months and come back, that always works for me.

Read some books, play other games, anything. Just don't force yourself to keep playing if you're not having fun right now.

The itch will return (it always does) no matter what kind of ointment you apply, believe me, I am thorough with that kind of thing.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

minimalist posted:

Nope, you can get the invite while logged out and it'll pop up as soon as you log in.

Problem is, iirc if you're a free player you can't join any global channels until you've spent $10-15 in the store. Something to do with gold spammers.

I don't remember if you're a free player or not, i'll try shooting an invite later tonight if someone else hasn't already done it.

Thanks, minimalist. I just realized it's also possible that I already got the invite before I logged in yesterday and just didn't know it. Is it very obvious?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Synapse;4287727 posted:

Okay guys, I have been playing around with a theory I had that was inspired by an anonymous forum user. You know who you are.

So, here's what I plan to do with the power set and hopefully get it checked in today:

1) There will be 3 toggles. Three states is much easier to understand with 3 toggles than 2 toggles and the absence of the 2 toggles. The toggles are:

Efficient Adaptation: +Recovery, +End Discount and all powers that are enhanceable for damage have a chance to recover a small amount of endurance per target hit. I am still deciding on the %. I am leaning toward 100% for a tiny amount of endurance. No penalty for this mode.

Offensive Adaptation: +Damage, +Recharge, +To Hit, +Bio Armor Debuffs, +Toxic Damage, -Effectiveness of Defenses (or -Res... still figuring this out). I could either go with a flat 10% resistance debuff that is resistable OR I could simply decrease the effectiveness of all of the +regen, +resist, +defense, +max hp bonuses by the same amount Defensive Adaptation provides. Additionally, each attack will cause a tiny amount of additional toxic damage.

Defensive Adaptation: +Max HP, +Resistance, +Defense, +Survivability buffs, +Heal Proc, -Damage. I am leaning toward 20-25% damage, but all of your attacks will heal you for a small amount of health based on the damage of the power used.

2) Hardened Carapace's regeneration is dropped into Inexhaustible.

3) Bonuses from adaptations are NOT enhanceable.

Thoughts?

Synapse is proposing more changes to Bio Armor. Most notable to miss from a damage perspective is the proposed loss of the recharge bonus from Offensive and the fact he is toying with the idea of reducing effectiveness of Defenses.

I posted, but I will just reiterate, defense and recharge are normally the two most important things your build for with sets and the loss of the bonus is sad enough, a hit to defense is a complete deal break in rolling the set.

People that are OK with the loss of defense really don't understand the mechanics of this game.

Z: make it clear to him defense can't be touched. Dear lord get that across to him.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 27, 2012

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I have no :spergin: and I don't like dick. Am I even allowed to post in this thread?

Whoa whoa whoa, don't go making statements you can't take back. Have you seen Tommy's dick?

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I posted, but I will just reiterate, defense and recharge are normally the two most important things your build for with sets and the loss of the bonus is sad enough, a hit to defense is a complete deal break in rolling the set.
Well, to be fair, you get some pretty nice unique bonuses in Offensive.

We don't know just how effective the toxic damage proc is. It could make Bio into sort of a "glass cannon" - when you want it to be - which I THINK would be pretty cool. That's something you can't build for at all outside of having insane recharge on /FA and having Fiery Embrace up as often as the game engine allows it. (every 36.8s or so) and even then, it's not a reliable addition to your build, as awesome as it is.

Though, without being in Offensive mode, it'll probably still be some kind of paper tank.

But... in Defensive mode, your damage doesn't look like it goes down all that much anymore, so maybe that's the build most people will use? .. not sure why you wouldn't just play a diff armor at that point.

Haven't been able to get into the beta but it doesn't look like any of the changes have made it there yet, anyway.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
His is the only one, besides mine of course, that I've ever considered liking.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Tom Powers posted:

Well, to be fair, you get some pretty nice unique bonuses in Offensive.

We don't know just how effective the toxic damage proc is. It could make Bio into sort of a "glass cannon" - when you want it to be - which I THINK would be pretty cool. That's something you can't build for at all outside of having insane recharge on /FA and having Fiery Embrace up as often as the game engine allows it. (every 36.8s or so) and even then, it's not a reliable addition to your build, as awesome as it is.

Though, without being in Offensive mode, it'll probably still be some kind of paper tank.

But... in Defensive mode, your damage doesn't look like it goes down all that much anymore, so maybe that's the build most people will use? .. not sure why you wouldn't just play a diff armor at that point.

Haven't been able to get into the beta but it doesn't look like any of the changes have made it there yet, anyway.

Don't touch the defense. Screw with the resistance all you want or regen for all I care is what I am saying.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Synapse is proposing more changes to Bio Armor. Most notable to miss from a damage perspective is the proposed loss of the recharge bonus from Offensive and the fact he is toying with the idea of reducing effectiveness of Defenses.

People that are OK with the loss of defense really don't understand the mechanics of this game.

Z: make it clear to him defense can't be touched. Dear lord get that across to him.

From what you quoted, looks like +Recharge is still in Offensive.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

LaserShark posted:

From what you quoted, looks like +Recharge is still in Offensive.
Synapse later stated he is removing recharge elements, as Bio is in part a recharge based survival set.

As in, if -Recharge doesn't make sense for Defensive (less click heals) then +Recharge didn't make sense for Offensive (MORE click heals)

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Tom Powers posted:

Synapse later stated he is removing recharge elements, as Bio is in part a recharge based survival set.

As in, if -Recharge doesn't make sense for Defensive (less click heals) then +Recharge didn't make sense for Offensive (MORE click heals)

Which I'm OK with....

...as long as you don't loving reduce defense, which to compensate reduces your recharge.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Well having it provide toxic damage or heal procs with each attack is interesting. Not a big fan of having built-in debuffs, I get enough of those from enemies, but if the set turns out okay I'll give it a try.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
So, does that mean the Adaptations won't be enhanceable at all? May as well just shove 'em all into a single power like Staff or DP has, then, and come up with something else for the freed-up power tier.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Yo someone with some smarts.

does /time's time crawl debuff stack with itself? with only a 20 second duration Im inclined to think yes, but it has a pretty low recast in the first place so maybe not???

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Hi posted:

does /time's time crawl debuff stack with itself? with only a 20 second duration Im inclined to think yes, but it has a pretty low recast in the first place so maybe not???

nm

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hi posted:

Not from the same caster, no.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm already finding it hard to continue arguing with regards to Bio Armor, especially when I don't actually know numbers.

Were all the good sets this hard to fight for? Was Titan Weapons total crap at one point? Was there a moment in development when somehow Beast Mastery didn't suck? At this rate I just want to sit back, pray, and hope that it comes out the other end usable instead of Dual Pistols: This Time It's A Defensive Set.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I'm already finding it hard to continue arguing with regards to Bio Armor, especially when I don't actually know numbers.

Were all the good sets this hard to fight for? Was Titan Weapons total crap at one point? Was there a moment in development when somehow Beast Mastery didn't suck? At this rate I just want to sit back, pray, and hope that it comes out the other end usable instead of Dual Pistols: This Time It's A Defensive Set.

Who are you on the official boards? And I feel the same. There are so many, as Ted put it, "character creator commandos" that common sense and actual gameplay performance mean nothing. Not to mention people like Arcana who try to be armchair devs soooooo much it hurts.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm EinDose on the forums. I was the guy that put up a decent-sized post about trying to make the set good enough to buy, instead of usable enough to play, that nobody read.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I'm EinDose on the forums. I was the guy that put up a decent-sized post about trying to make the set good enough to buy, instead of usable enough to play, that nobody read.

I did, and I knew it was falling on mostly deaf ears since most of the nerf herders were yelling.

also I'm not seeing that user name anywhere there.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 28, 2012

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cleretic posted:

Titan Weapons snuck through because all the pubbies barely played it before dismissing it as "too slow." I've seen people still arguing that. I don't know how Street Justice snuck through. Everything has been crap and pubbies love crap.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Titan Weapons snuck through because all the pubbies barely played it before dismissing it as "too slow." I've seen people still arguing that. I don't know how Street Justice snuck through. Everything has been crap and pubbies love crap.

Yeah I remember just looking at the numbers and the mechanics of the set thinking "....SS is going to get dick slapped" before I even touched it when it went live. Granted, for that slapping to occur it requires Dark Armor levels of investment, but it's there.

Pubbies also say Dark Armor is bad.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm pretty sure Street Justice 'snuck through' because to this day there's less focus on how good it is in a fight, and more focus on 'this power's a nut shot and if my character wears a skirt it's 80% panty shots I approve'. These distractions aren't there in Bio Armor, so it's getting blasted.

How are Water Blast and Nature Affinity faring? My friend's big into Nature Affinity and really wants it, but I could care less about Water Blast. Are they getting this as bad?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 28, 2012

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

No, see, those sets aren't for Scrappers / Brutes / Stalkers so nobody cares.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Someone tell me if my last argument for keeping the defense in offensive makes any drat sense or not. It's late and I am semi-retarded at all times.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Makes sense to me, could be worded better though.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Makes sense to me, could be worded better though.

I need Oni proof reading my poo poo at all times.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I need Oni proof reading my poo poo at all times.

there's a joke in there somewhere but I just don't feel up to making it

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Pez posted:

there's a joke in there somewhere but I just don't feel up to making it

pop those old dude pills my wife sent you

yes, those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

pop those old dude pills my wife sent you

yes, those

I don't need pills with her, I just think about you :dong:

• Locked thread