Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

kaujot posted:

In other news, Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs. Capcom are coming to XBLA/PSN in a bundle.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/07/05/marvel_vs_capcom_origins_coming_to_xbla_and_psn_in_september
Looks like I gotta brush up on my MSH infinites and MvC double teams or Red Venom! Maybe I'll see if I can still do anything from those games at Evo/Comic Con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Much like HnK I'll probably buy the new game because it has JoJo on the front and I'm a patsy but where's 2D JoJo HD hiding? That game is the tits and it's been a couple of months since the XBLA leak :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think its cool that they're releasing this because it means Capcom can port VS to consoles. Do it Capcom!!! It won't make any sense financially, but this doesn't either!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Hey cool, another excuse to post this.

http://db.tt/da4ZSzw4

I'll always love MvC, because it's the first game I went online to learn. I still remember reading about the magic series and going :aaaaa:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Looks like a generic 3D anime game

absolutely anything posted:

CyberConnect2 means it'll probably be like the Naruto games sooooo who cares.

Bloody country fucks. Reading these posts is worse than getting stew in my shoes.

Mio Bison posted:

Much like HnK I'll probably buy the new game because it has JoJo on the front and I'm a patsy but where's 2D JoJo HD hiding? That game is the tits and it's been a couple of months since the XBLA leak :(

Emulate the Dreamcast version and then go out on the streets and force people to play like I did!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/220909763502936064
Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb laying it down.

quote:

If Capcom's going to start releasing packs of old fighting games, they need to stop messing around and re-release the Capcom vs. SNK games.

Word

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Welp, I guess it's time to make a jp PSN account.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I noticed that ssf4ae Evo pools f1-g1 are empty, does that mean they have spots open for on site registrations?

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Cinroth posted:

Bloody country fucks. Reading these posts is worse than getting stew in my shoes.

The curse that anime has on everything now I guess.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Fauxtool posted:

I noticed that ssf4ae Evo pools f1-g1 are empty, does that mean they have spots open for on site registrations?

Those are the quarter and semi-finals brackets.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bebopaloobop posted:

Those are the quarter and semi-finals brackets.

of course, thats what they say duh.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Fauxtool posted:

of course, thats what they say duh.

I'm guessing the quarter finals will be filled with pool winners/losers.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

kaujot posted:

Oh well.

In other news, Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs. Capcom are coming to XBLA/PSN in a bundle.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/07/05/marvel_vs_capcom_origins_coming_to_xbla_and_psn_in_september

no xvsf? worst ever bundle. 2 lovely games. at least i can hella grief msh online.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Probably we got MSH instead of XvSF because of Marvel's current AVENGERS!!!! SPIDER-MAN!!!!! marketing kick. A game with just X-Men in the name and no Iron Man or Spidey playable doesn't mesh with what they're pushing to the non-comic-reading masses.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

iPodschun posted:

If anyone's looking to buy a Mad Catz stick, their Evo deals are starting to go up at http://www.madcatz.com/evo-2012-deals/

MarkMan said there will be more tomorrow.

I don't know how you guys feel about having SFxT on your pad, but the EVO20 code that is currently supposed to be giving 50% is currently giving 100% off.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

For that price I'd take a fightpad with Marn's face on it. I can confirm the 100% discount, unfortunately the MadCatz store only ships within the US :argh:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Micgael posted:

I don't know how you guys feel about having SFxT on your pad, but the EVO20 code that is currently supposed to be giving 50% is currently giving 100% off.
I really want to do this (put in a temp order for 5), but I'm afraid they'll actually charge the full amount or something because it's obviously a glitch.

Micgael posted:

The coupon code limits to one pad per order at discounted price. For what its worth, mine already shipped, but I won't be offended if they decide to charge me $20 more.
Not what it showed in my cart. $150 - $150 Discount + $8 Shipping or something. My total was the shipping cost only.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 6, 2012

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
The coupon code limits to one pad per order at discounted price. For what its worth, mine already shipped, but I won't be offended if they decide to charge me $20 more.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Out of curiosity, what is the big difference between kof 12 and 13? Last year at evo time 12 wasn't in the lineup and when I asked about it people poo poo all over it, but now it's hype as gently caress.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

Sade posted:

Probably we got MSH instead of XvSF because of Marvel's current AVENGERS!!!! SPIDER-MAN!!!!! marketing kick. A game with just X-Men in the name and no Iron Man or Spidey playable doesn't mesh with what they're pushing to the non-comic-reading masses.

My thought is that it's because it features Thanos as the last boss and Marvel are currently crusading to answer the question "well who the heck is that?".

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Macksy posted:

Out of curiosity, what is the big difference between kof 12 and 13? Last year at evo time 12 wasn't in the lineup and when I asked about it people poo poo all over it, but now it's hype as gently caress.

About as big a difference between Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and Mortal Kombat 9?

...Seriously?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Happy to see a new JOJo game even if it is becomes a generic fighting, I just hope Araki gives Capcpm permission to put an HD JJBA out so I can have a new JoJo game and a good JoJo game.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Macksy posted:

KoF12 is absolute poo poo. KoF13 isn't.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Macksy posted:

Kof12 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mIFoV5ad-Y slow and dumb
Kof13 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDQ4i5VQhY hot and sexy

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
e: wrong thread

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I wonder if they'll include that weird Chun-Li palette swap that shoots missiles out of her rear end.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

diospadre posted:

I wonder if they'll include that weird Chun-Li palette swap that shoots missiles out of her rear end.

shadow lady is a character, the same as red venom and others. id imagine the game would come with all the characters that are in the game

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

If I have a 360 fight stick modded with a TE kitty+RJ45 port, I could wire up a DB15 plug to work with that setup right? This would be for NeoGeo MVS/Supergun use.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Nope, I think you would need to go into a controller converter like Toodles' FGW Converter first. That's basically how my supergun is wired, sticks w/ TE Kittys -> PS2 -> FGW converters -> JAMMA harness.

EDIT: The base of the problem is this (not even considering that the Kitty doesn't handle the logic of outputting specific button/direction signals afaik): RJ-45 has 8 lines, you need at least 10 for MVS supergun type setup (4 directions, 4 buttons, VCC, GND), and more if you want CPS2, etc.

rivals fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 7, 2012

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yay Korea.
KOF, street fighter, sf X tekken champs

has anyone spent any time with that new optical sanwa stick mod on the Evo stream?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

interrodactyl posted:

KoF12 is absolute poo poo. KoF13 isn't.

Which is to say, watch the final 8 of this year's Evo to understand why KOF13 is getting so much hype. SNK and Atlus are going to watch sales explode after that, or they will if there is any justice in the world.

I mean, hell, I picked up BlazBlue on a lark during a business trip to AnimeExpo because the Aksys guys had it for cheap, I picked up UMvC3 for silly Tron times and I'll probably get SC5 because it looked pretty nice during Evo and because I like playing ~dress up~, but KOF13 is so damned smooth and fascinating that I'm toying with the idea of actually dipping my toe into the local competitive scene. It's that good.

(I'm still kind of hesitant because I have issues with the larger "FGC", but this might not be the best thread for that.)

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 9, 2012

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Empire Arcadia says top Americans should ignore EVO and Street Fighter since there's no chance to win it. MLG pays more and is hosted four times a year, so play MK9 and SC5. They also think EVO is sabotaging American money by letting "Asians" in.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

Empire Arcadia says top Americans should ignore EVO and Street Fighter since there's no chance to win it. MLG pays more and is hosted four times a year, so play MK9 and SC5. They also think EVO is sabotaging American money by letting "Asians" in.

Please stop giving them attention.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

bleep posted:

Please stop giving them attention.

Yeah... good point. Just think it would be useful for everyone to know more how dumb they are.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It absolutely amazes me that in 2012 Empire Arcadia is still relevant in any way whatsoever.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Rokstar posted:

It absolutely amazes me that in 2012 Empire Arcadia is still relevant in any way whatsoever.

Its not. Even though Sanford is still good, he really needs to get a sponsor and leave Empire, its honestly holding him back.

Also shoutouts to my Mexican brethren at evo. :ese: Trolled the gently caress out of everyone.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

SpaceDrake posted:

(I'm still kind of hesitant because I have issues with the larger "FGC", but this might not be the best thread for that.)
What sorts of issues? The Let's watch pro street fighter thread might be better.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
KoF was really fun to watch, and some of marvel was really interesting to. AE was probably less interesting than SFxT for once, which is a shame. Go Korea!

So I didn't bother posting this at all last week since it not like it matters to anyone until today.

We'll be doing out :siren:FINAL:siren: GBO tonight, probably forever. Maybe a random one here and there once the idea cools down. And since we started on Street Fighter, we'll end on Street Fighter.

GBO Standard Rules
http://goonsgarden.wordpress.com/20...es-and-outline/
Special Rules for A2
None

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/d6jqmcin6e

Hopefully we'll get more than 3 teams this week, since this was the most popular game in goonbats season 1.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

PonchAxis posted:

Its not. Even though Sanford is still good, he really needs to get a sponsor and leave Empire, its honestly holding him back.

I'm pretty sure he's said something along the lines of having no desire to go to any other team or pick up any other sponsor that would require him to leave Empire, but don't quote me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

jackofarcades posted:

Keep this stupid poo poo in this stupid thread.

Also, play SFA2.

I'll be starting Goonbats Season 2 after I look at how badly everyone lost points in their guesses for Evo Top 8 playouts.

• Locked thread