Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Ok guys, we're going to try to do a Cathedral of Pain trial tomorrow afternoon.

We tried it with 9 tonight, but the margins were too tight, we need a few more bodies for it. Log in and join us then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I might be around, what time is it going down?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Slung Blade posted:

Ok guys, we're going to try to do a Cathedral of Pain trial tomorrow afternoon.

We tried it with 9 tonight, but the margins were too tight, we need a few more bodies for it. Log in and join us then.

If its closer to night and not afternoon Ill drop in.

Assuming tomorrow means today

FordPrefect
Feb 22, 2003

If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today
I'm giving this a shot. My email is johntheghost24@gmail.com

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

FordPrefect posted:

I'm giving this a shot. My email is

Sent

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tommy 2.0 posted:

UH OH, I miss you bro and I saw you on the other night.

BTW, don't ever changes my bars again.

I always used bars you didn't use, must have been someone else.

I may or may not have binded a random key to the clear tray command, you'll figure it out one day.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Free Headcrab posted:

I may or may not have binded a random key to the clear tray command, you'll figure it out one day.

This is why I miss you as well <3

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Cuchulain posted:

I might be around, what time is it going down?

Yeah, I don't know. 8pm Mountain time sound ok?

And yes, today.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Slung Blade posted:

Yeah, I don't know. 8pm Mountain time sound ok?

And yes, today.

people still use Mountain time?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I can't help but keep wondering, "what's a good AOE set for melee?" Let me consult help chat:

FordPrefect
Feb 22, 2003

If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today
All right, I'm in as Johntheghost.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

OneEightHundred posted:

I can't help but keep wondering, "what's a good AOE set for melee?" Let me consult help chat:

Wonder if he ever escaped from L.A...

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Some people were asking about how "Psionic farming" could be a thing, so here's the current theory:

Night Widow with capped psi defense, 85% psi resist, 40% recharge debuff resist, all of the AOE attacks, and a "full" ST chain.

Minion:
Will Domination, Mesmerize, Mass Hypnosis

Lt:
Subdue, Will Domination, Mesmerize, Mass Hypnosis

Boss:
Psychic Scream, Will Domination, Psionic Tornado, Scramble Thoughts, Mesmerize, Mass Hypnosis, Total Domination, Terrify, Mass Confusion

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 9, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

OneEightHundred posted:

Some people were asking about how "Psionic farming" could be a thing, so here's the current theory:

Night Widow with capped psi defense, 85% psi resist, 40% recharge debuff resist, all of the AOE attacks, and a "full" ST chain.

Minion:
Will Domination, Mesmerize, Mass Hypnosis

Lt:
Subdue, Will Domination, Psionic Tornado, Mesmerize, Mass Hypnosis

Boss:
Psychic Scream, Will Domination, Psionic Tornado, Scramble Thoughts, Mesmerize, Mass Hypnosis, Total Domination, Terrify, Mass Confusion

God, the noise. How horrifying.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

The noise isn't the most horrible part, the most horrible part is the blinding pink from the tornados.

e: Whoops, lt's don't need it for 100% XP, removed it! Now only the bosses use -recharge abilities at all.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 9, 2012

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My game got corrupted, but I should be on in a few for CoP if it's still happening.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

8:30 MST now, if you're coming, get your rear end on here.

And rotate.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
I did psi farming on a mind/psi/psi dom, against enemies with the ENTIRE stone armor pool as their secondary. They only used Granite.

It was pretty awesome, but a big investment for something that wasn't really worth it.

Also, I showed up late and contributed next to nothing, but great CoP run!

Next time (if it's not tomorrow afternoon) I will have a T4'd 50 ready to rock.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a thing!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Glad to finally get that under my belt.

Let me know if you need to use the base Tom.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Bonus for farming hilarity:

If you add a single-ally rescue and set it to AV, it won't actually leech your experience unless it does damage. I solved my pesky sub-50 endurance problem by having an AV that never dies following me around spamming Speed Boost, Transference, Transfusion, and Fulcrum Shift.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

OneEightHundred posted:

Bonus for farming hilarity:

If you add a single-ally rescue and set it to AV, it won't actually leech your experience unless it does damage. I solved my pesky sub-50 endurance problem by having an AV that never dies following me around spamming Speed Boost, Transference, Transfusion, and Fulcrum Shift.

Can you still make a Kinetics/Force Field with no attacks follow you around? That's what I used to do to farm for my friends at level 12. :v:

Apparently I was drunker then I though, it was Fire Control Kinetics, pretty much just for Smoke

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 9, 2012

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

You can't make a kin/FF because the first set can't be a support set. It can be Earth Control though!

e: Trip report: It is loving impossible to die in that farm with that build. Also, Widow endurance usage is so bad that I'm running out even with Numina's, Miracle, 2 endmods and an end proc in Stamina, and an NPC casting Speed Boost on me. Mandatory Ageless is the dumbest thing in this game.

Also every farm should have a helper AV, it is awesome and does not impact your farming at all!

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 9, 2012

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Virtue... A strange land where I know no one, have no characters to speak of and an uphill battle for experience surrounded by reputed insanity... Yeah, it's gonna be a drag if I start up a Virtue character for giggles, but I have long since been tempted to clone my first successful stab at a Controller. Earth/Sonic.

I love my Robot Janitor gone Robot WIZARD Alloy Archmage (Will probably tweak the name just so I can tell them apart better) dearly, but drat if I wouldn't have killed myself without that Blackwand. Incarnate damage procs have spoiled me. But I just like his style, he's simple, and as a Robot I'll have probably... 30% less random ERP for Influence propositions sent to me.

Still, for when I do get around to wandering Virtue between 18 other distractions I'm bouncing across of late (TF2 update, Tribes, intentions of trying out Blacklight, etc), it will be good to have something I can count on to turn to if needed.

Global handle is @Darkthorne I forget entirely if you can invite people who aren't even online to channels.

I also need to get back to my very stupid Robots Masterminds as all enemies AE mission sometime. I've been meaning to make some "less bullshit" tweaks to it and I think all the AE patches over the year have broken it some.

Fun Fact: For a while AE protector bots summoned shield generators instead of casting individual buff bubbles like they were supposed to. So, you'd have a bunch of summed robots summoning shield drones. For the enemy. Also, I found out the hard way that "oh,it's only 8 damage a tick at lv 50 it will be fine" Damage auras... scale a LOT differently for enemies.

Robots/Electric Armor Elite Boss turned out to be just a little bit more lethal than intended. I wanted to make something lightly annoying (shoot the enemies guys, stop killing the individual battle drones before you kill the Minion summoners you idiots! :argh:), not bullshit.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 9, 2012

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
And college is all done and dusted, and the dreary search for work begins.

Could I get an invite into the channel? Global is @Dinictus, and apparently, my beta access has rendered onto me a Tier 3 account. This shall be glorious.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Slung Blade posted:

Glad to finally get that under my belt.

Let me know if you need to use the base Tom.
Oh, don't tell me you guys finished it after I rage quit...

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Oh, don't tell me you guys finished it after I rage quit...

We sure did you fuckin quitter!

Couple people switched to debuff characters and we finished with 3-4 minutes to spare.

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
Turns out the trial gets a lot easier after you hit the Aspect with so much -regen that he stops regenerating entirely.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I hate those stupid gimmick "hahahah I'm invincible and regenerating in my little bubble, suck it shitlords" AVs.

So annoying.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

halfhazardKnight posted:

Turns out the trial gets a lot easier after you hit the Aspect with so much -regen that he stops regenerating entirely.
I brought my Fire/Cold with Power Build Up, which is something like -1000% regen. That shut his gimmick down pretty fast.

Someone slamming a full stack of team inspirations to cut through the dumb hurricane helped too. (How do you get a league with only 1 copy of Tactics? :mad:)

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Should've brought more VEATs :smuggo:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So the Bio Armor thread has been pretty much taken over by the nerfherders at this point.

Someone go yell at them some more.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

OneEightHundred posted:

I brought my Fire/Cold with Power Build Up, which is something like -1000% regen. That shut his gimmick down pretty fast.

Someone slamming a full stack of team inspirations to cut through the dumb hurricane helped too. (How do you get a league with only 1 copy of Tactics? :mad:)

I was spamming team insps like crazy earlier on, but I ran out way before we finally killed him.

I think I was the only one with tactics :smith:

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=291740&page=83

bwahahahahahahaha

Last page in the current Bio Armor thread debacle. Arcana's relationship status being called in to question.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
God damnit I stop watching that thread for one day and things go to poo poo.

I feel like the moderators probably do. 'Okay, hopefully over the weekend they've been fine--oh what the hell!?'

EDIT: I like how pretty much every post Reppu ever makes has some permutation of 'this conversation is over'. They don't get how this stuff works, do they?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 10, 2012

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=291740&page=83

Last page in the current Bio Armor thread debacle. Arcana's relationship status being called in to question.

I couldn't resist.

Seriously, these people with ~25,000 posts... I try to be fair, but how can you help but picture the hambeastiest of hambeasts? In between the hours spent playing and the hours spent posting about playing, how do they find the time to, oh I dunno, do _anything_?

FAKE EDIT: If "hambeast" is considered an internet catchprase, my apologies.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Water blast is tomorrow, right? I should go ahead and log in and make my costume I guess. Naked veiny body, purple helmet, yellow powers. That won't get genericed wil it?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Cleretic posted:

God damnit I stop watching that thread for one day and things go to poo poo.

I feel like the moderators probably do. 'Okay, hopefully over the weekend they've been fine--oh what the hell!?'

EDIT: I like how pretty much every post Reppu ever makes has some permutation of 'this conversation is over'. They don't get how this stuff works, do they?

What kind of argument do you expect from a catgirl that leans on a wall in pocket d all day?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Gynovore posted:

I couldn't resist.

Seriously, these people with ~25,000 posts... I try to be fair, but how can you help but picture the hambeastiest of hambeasts? In between the hours spent playing and the hours spent posting about playing, how do they find the time to, oh I dunno, do _anything_?

FAKE EDIT: If "hambeast" is considered an internet catchprase, my apologies.

Golden Girl.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Bakalakadaka posted:

What kind of argument do you expect from a catgirl that leans on a wall in pocket d all day?

Foxgirl. :psuedo: Oh and I asked at one point, apparently they aren't real ears and tail, they're spiritual. I'm not sure they understand that that's really not better, it's pretty substantially worse.

Also a couple days ago I let them know that a good few people arguing in favor of Bio Armor are goons, so it made sense that they tried to call us out on that... Shame that she aimed it at one of the people that isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Tsurupettan posted:

Golden Girl.

Clue me in here?

• Locked thread