Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

The Rokstar posted:

The Steam sale for it is over but apparently Amazon price matched it and it's still $10 there as of this post: http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Download/dp/B0058KRA0K/

It's either not Steam compatible or I'm just entering the code wrong though.

Sadly it's not steam compatible, I discovered this yesterday morning when I bought the $7.49 everybody costume pack and then tried to add it to steam. Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

quakster posted:

Here are some cool supers from a Shonen Jump licensed Smash clone. It's triply topical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIIMIjke_Io

Shounen Jump vs Marvel would be so boss.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/14/capcom-announces-jojos-bizarre-adventure-hd-coming-august-21-2/

There we go, finally some official word and a release date.

But next month already? Christ almighty.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

S-Alpha posted:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/14/capcom-announces-jojos-bizarre-adventure-hd-coming-august-21-2/

20 dollars :(

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

RickoniX posted:

20 dollars :(

I've been watching videos to get ready for Jojo's, and PetShop looks like a total dick.

I will main him.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

I've been watching videos to get ready for Jojo's, and PetShop looks like a total dick.

I will main him.

Petshop is banned. This is not a dumb stream monster meme. In some places, Petshop is legitimately banned.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Jojo's owns, game owns, gonna pick it up day 1 even though I'm spread way too thin over fighting games already.

Hol Horse looks good.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meme Emulator posted:

Shounen Jump vs Marvel would be so boss.
People agreed previously that Shonen Jump vs Def Jam was the best combination.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

S-Alpha posted:

Is 1600MSP the new 1200MSP? Holy poo poo, what happened to the days of 800 being the universal price :(

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Livestreaming Jojo at San Diego Comic Con

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pet Shop mirror matches look ridiculous (and fun).

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Cat Machine posted:

Is 1600MSP the new 1200MSP? Holy poo poo, what happened to the days of 800 being the universal price :(

My guess would be Microsoft. Developers don't have that much say in how much stuff costs. Things seem more open with Sony but it's a bad idea to have different price points based on console.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK

Elephunk posted:

I'm pretty much brand new to JOJO and I'll run some scrub games if you want on IRC or aim.

I'll sit in goons garden as "regen"

Been really busy lately, but I'd be down for this. I'll try to see if I can find you.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
There's a new Injustice trailer if anybody cares. Shows off Nightwing and Cyborg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxqYHVV94w

Only really interesting thing I noticed is that you seem to be able to use the environment for mobility purposes as well as damage - Nightwing uses a car as a springboard at 1:17.

Also batman's super changed into the Batmobile I guess.

v: It's shown with a bunch of other supers and that's not the Batman stage.

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 16, 2012

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AXE COP posted:

Also batman's super changed into the Batmobile I guess.

Pretty sure his super is still the Batgrapple pully/drop kick thing he does. While what was shown there was most likely some kind of whacky environmental thingamawhatsit where the Batmobile comes flying out of the garage in the background of that particular stage.

But I'm not some insider with any knowledge of what I'm actually talking about so you might be right about the change.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

AXE COP posted:

There's a new Injustice trailer if anybody cares. Shows off Nightwing and Cyborg:

It's really weird, and speaks to how disjointed DC is, that while everyone else in the game are in their new get ups, Nightwing is rocking his pre new-52 costume.

That being said, if the game catches on, I'll main the poo poo out of him. :swoon: Master Richard.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I really wanted Injustice to be good because I want to play a game where I can use Superman to beat guys up, but it just looks terrible.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Can't be any worse than DC vs Mortal Kombat.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It could as worse though. It's pretty likely too.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I think it might be fun to press buttons in at least. Then again I liked MK9 so perhaps that colours my opinion somewhat.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Back in high school my friends and I probably would have played Injustice for hours. But we also played the Star Wars fighting game and the 3D Mortal Kombats and that one X-Men fighting game where one of the characters was Professor X in a wheelchair.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

It could as worse though. It's pretty likely too.

It absolutely isn't. People are really forgetting just how bad the pre-MK9 games were.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
No I remember. But one competent game isn't enough for me to just say this game won't be poo poo on that level either. But it won't be out for another year so who knows.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If only Capcom made this game instead :sigh:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Nodoze posted:

If only SNK made this game instead :sigh:
Fixed that one for you. Pretty sure gems and molasses wouldn't fix it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jeffrey posted:

SNK's record has been pretty bad bar the most recent balance fix of 13, though. The initial release of 13 was a train wreck of bugs and poorly balanced characters, and before that it was near unanimously agreed that 2k2 and 98 were the best in a series that has seen the entire Ash arc after that.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Jeffrey posted:

It's not as though Capcom has ever been successful with comic book franchises before.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Back in high school my friends and I probably would have played Injustice for hours. But we also played the Star Wars fighting game and the 3D Mortal Kombats and that one X-Men fighting game where one of the characters was Professor X in a wheelchair.

Ah, yes, that PS2 X-Men fighter where nobody could throw The Blob because that's his power.... except that he could still be juggled soooo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Jeffrey posted:

A DC fighter in the UMVC3 engine would be so amazing, but alas :(

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Is it just me or does that game look crappy and basically a mk9 reskin?

I know it's similar to mk9 but it's trying to differentiate with the objects and maps and poo poo but those look boring also

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
It's pretty obviously a modified MK9 engine but I think injustice looks a lot better than MK9.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

While we're talking about Injustice, I kind of hate how while Ed Boon is pointing out features that make Injustice stand out from other fighting games that he draws attention to how Superman hovers around instead of walking on the ground.

Except it doesn't seem like Superman can do much with the ability in actual gameplay terms like characters with flight can in the Marvel versus series. Hopefully they do something with that fact since he might as well be a grounded character like he was in MKvsDCU. It's not like fight grants him any extra abilities.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 17, 2012

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

AndyElusive posted:

While we're talking about Injustice, I kind of hate how while Ed Boon is pointing out features that make Injustice stand out from other fighting games that he draws attention to how Superman hovers around instead of walking on the ground.

Except it doesn't seem like Superman can do much with the ability in actual gameplay terms like characters with flight can in the Marvel versus series. Hopefully they do something with that fact since he might as well be a grounded character like he was in MKvsDCU. It's not like fight grants him any extra abilities.

Doubtful, Netherealm's fighting games have never ever been known for their aerial fighting mechanics, because there never is any. This ain't mvc

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Doubtful, Netherealm's fighting games have never ever been known for their aerial fighting mechanics, because there never is any. This ain't mvc

I know. If they're going to have more characters who can fly like Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, Hawkman or who ever then it's just a big missed opportunity to actually do something different and interesting.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AndyElusive posted:

That and Magneto has been floating above the ground for like a dozen years.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are proper air dashes and whatnot in Injustice, allegedly. I'm sure I saw/read something that outlined Wonder Woman's air stuff, I'm guessing Superman will have one if he doesn't already (don't watch Ed Boon videos, he doesn't know things).

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cat Machine posted:

800 hasn't been the universal price since like 2009

xan!
Aug 17, 2004

by elpintogrande

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There are proper air dashes and whatnot in Injustice, allegedly. I'm sure I saw/read something that outlined Wonder Woman's air stuff, I'm guessing Superman will have one if he doesn't already (don't watch Ed Boon videos, he doesn't know things).

What does Ed Boon actually do? Is his role essentially "hey wouldn't it be cool if one of superman's supers was to punch you up to space and then punch you back down but you could like wager meter somehow"?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Xanieth posted:

What does Ed Boon actually do? Is his role essentially "hey wouldn't it be cool if one of superman's supers was to punch you up to space and then punch you back down but you could like wager meter somehow"?

Sounds accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xanieth posted:

He's the executive producer so he oversees the entire project from a managerial role.

He almost certainly has influence over things but I'd assume more of that is handled by people other than him.

• Locked thread