Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oberleutnant posted:

Didn't buy the shirt, didn't buy thr belt buckle, but if somebody could find a way to get those hats made I'd be on it like a motherfucker.
I guess you could attach the belt buckle to a regular hat, but I didn't buy one! :negative:

I don't know why but I get a real Johnny Fiveaces vibe from this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

dvorak posted:

Not saying they are the very best, but some new gamebooks were recently published, and I think there is a Kickstarter going right now for a pretty huge one.
Which Kickstarter is this?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Looks like they're asking us to vote on the default color options, using the screenshot from earlier to show the different versions: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2607

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I had to go with the option A. I don't think B looks too bad, but C is just awful looking. Remember when games had color? I miss those days.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, B and A would both be fine even if I prefer B, but C is downright bad.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Agreed, C looks like the reason Rage looked bad. Fortunately it is also losing in the poll. I am disappointed that A is not getting more support, but it also seems to suggest that you will be able to change the saturation level in the options anyway, making it a moot point beyond what the default setting will be (and B certainly looks good anyway).

machinegunmessiah posted:

so this is what they are doing with your cash, huh?
Haha. I do not have any insider details, but I would guess nostalgia hires like Ken St. Andre are probably going to end up making like $500 for their work. Then again, I may be underestimating the goodwill Brian Fargo has toward the people who helped the first time around.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
A looks like a puddle of Tang. I'd honestly prefer C over A, but B is the best.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe it's my monitor, but A's so bright it physically hurts. C's right out; B's definitely best in my opinion.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

Jonny Retro posted:

Remember when games had color? I miss those days.

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3QteCI7Pk

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G54OYdEe4c

How is it I never had a seizure as a child?

I prefer B also.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
I picked A because when I played Wasteland on my Apple IIGS in 1988 it was nothing but bright green and oranges anyway, and I loved it!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Why is this even a thing? Isn't this something that could changed with a slider in the options? Create everything with high saturation, and they have a slider that can bring down the saturation as each person sees fit.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Why is this even a thing? Isn't this something that could changed with a slider in the options? Create everything with high saturation, and they have a slider that can bring down the saturation as each person sees fit.

Lots of people wouldn't see the slider. I don't root around game menus looking for saturation settings. Most of the people in this thread would yes, but by large it doesn't seem like a thing a lot of people would find or change.

Also if they determine a "standard" saturation they can design a game that looks best with that.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
And besides, if they use non-default saturation settings in promotional material, that's going to confuse a lot of people when the final comes out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Lots of people wouldn't see the slider. I don't root around game menus looking for saturation settings. Most of the people in this thread would yes, but by large it doesn't seem like a thing a lot of people would find or change.

Also if they determine a "standard" saturation they can design a game that looks best with that.

Well then those are trash people, and they should be allowed to operate a spoon, let alone a computer.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I hate to say this, it would have been cool if they tried to replicate the same CGA palette of the original game. Obviously not exactly, but with lighting and shaders. A bit like TF2, where there's two primary colors separating the teams, but there's mixes, shades, tints, and values coloring them.

I chose B because it's a happy medium between over-saturated you're missing the giant Scorpitron 2.0 in the background and washed out brown and tan of every other game out there.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I picked A just to support brightness and color in games, but B is definitely the best compromise.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

crashdome posted:

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3QteCI7Pk

How is it I never had a seizure as a child?

I prefer B also.
^^^^ All of these things. :)

Young Freud posted:

I hate to say this, it would have been cool if they tried to replicate the same CGA palette of the original game. Obviously not exactly, but with lighting and shaders.
I would be strangely happy if they suddenly surprise-dropped a game that was in the old tile-graphic style but 500 hours long. :p
"Well the game is kind of small, its only 600MB .. but ..."

(Ok not really a good idea but still...)

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Or there could just be a wizard at the first launch to set this, like in so-called horror games.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, B and A would both be fine even if I prefer B, but C is downright bad.

Dull colors should not equal bleak, but what do I know. I actually liked Diablo 3's art style.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Guess what came in today with zero notice?

They look fantastic!

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011
Goddammit now I want one :colbert:

...and I usually don't even wear pants.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Those turned out really spiffy. I'm kind of regretting not getting one now, as well.

Excellent work R to the B.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

RagingBoner posted:

Guess what came in today with zero notice?

They look fantastic!

Does this mean that you did get the full order of 15 and there are some left?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Anaxite posted:

Does this mean that you did get the full order of 15 and there are some left?

... No. I had to order 15 to get them made, and they are all spoken for.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Got it, I thought it was worth asking. If it doesn't work out with one of them, I'll just be on the lookout.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
drat. Look at that thing. Look at it go.

Time to figure out how to wear belt buckles!

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Quarex posted:

drat. Look at that thing. Look at it go.

Time to figure out how to wear belt buckles!

Belts and sweatpants typically aren't worn together, so most goons are going to have to solve this same mystery.

PSI-5
Aug 21, 2007

The servolator is fried.
drat! That belt buckle is a thing of beauty. Very glad I ordered one.

RB, your awesomeness is boundless.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Seeing that buckle makes me wish I got in on it. Oh well, I spent more money on kickstarter than I really had, so I guess it's for the best.

If you decide to get hats made, I promise to max out my credit card for it though.

RagingBoner posted:

Belts and sweatpants typically aren't worn together, so most goons are going to have to solve this same mystery.

Attach it to the drawstring of the sweats imo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I fail to see the problem. Can't they just wear jorts?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
To give it the authentic "Wasteland" appearance I am personally beating each buckle with a hammer until it is broken and unwearable.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

RagingBoner posted:

To give it the authentic "Wasteland" appearance I am personally beating each buckle with a hammer until it is broken and unwearable.

…and then shove it into a toaster.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Actually, you can get various aging solutions at craft stores that could add some really cool effects to the belt buckles. Patinas, rust, blueing, etc etc.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Actually, you can get various aging solutions at craft stores that could add some really cool effects to the belt buckles. Patinas, rust, blueing, etc etc.
But nothing gives the aging solution like the old beating with a hammer and submerging in acid trick.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Commissar Kip posted:

But nothing gives the aging solution like the old beating with a hammer and submerging in acid trick.

They do, and they work better because they can be controlled. Dipping something in acid is fine at first, but even if you scrub it thoroughly some minute particles of acid will remain, and your belt buckle will fall apart in 6 months.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
"Nice weathered Desert Rangers badge, Quarex!"
"Thanks, I controlled-dripped acid onto it."
"Don't you angrily complain whenever the temperature gets over like 70 degrees?"
"..."
"I just don't see how you would make it as a Desert Ranger."
"I was in a Russian sauna one time."
"Maybe you should join the Fat Ice Rangers?"
"Who am I even talking to right now?"

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Double post because I never thought I would use the phrase "hey, you should really check out the Official Wasteland 2 Pinterest Board."

http://pinterest.com/thisisfin/wasteland-inspiration/

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Quarex posted:

Double post because I never thought I would use the phrase "hey, you should really check out the Official Wasteland 2 Pinterest Board."

http://pinterest.com/thisisfin/wasteland-inspiration/

That dog... :gonk:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm seeing less Mad Max pictures than I had expected. The picture of him walking down the road with the dog was kind of a given though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They do, and they work better because they can be controlled. Dipping something in acid is fine at first, but even if you scrub it thoroughly some minute particles of acid will remain, and your belt buckle will fall apart in 6 months.

Or you could.. I don't know.. neutralize the acid with a base.

• Locked thread