Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

dane cook torrent posted:

I don't, can you help me understand?

$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Can't believe I didn't think of this... still don't think it will work though

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Nah it's just that most people now weren't around for the times when like EVERYONE knew DOA was bad.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Eventhough DOA has always been 'bad', I always thought it was great in the way that Smash Bros is great. These DOA5 videos dont even look good in that sense, they just look boring and bad.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Heres hoping MLG picks it up.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Either DOA will be picked up by some E-sports league like IGN Pro (the current league holding their playtesting 'tournaments') or it will poo poo the bed slowly.

The fact that this'll sell more than VF5FS makes me sad.

http://www.gamingrss.com/2012/08/17/dead-or-alive-5-director-wants-more-cameos-ryo-from-shenmue-would-be-ideal/#comment-621802904

The current DOA Director/Producer also said DOA1 was a VF Engine game. This was repeatedly denied back when Itagaki was still part of the team.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

Eventhough DOA has always been 'bad', I always thought it was great in the way that Smash Bros is great. These DOA5 videos dont even look good in that sense, they just look boring and bad.

Iconic Nintendo characters battle in an easy to play game for the whole family?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Wezlar posted:

Iconic Nintendo characters battle in an easy to play game for the whole family?

Well more in the 'get dudes together push buttons cool stuff happens' kind of way, with the addition of tits and pantyshots.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Gutcruncher posted:

Well more in the 'get dudes together push buttons cool stuff happens' kind of way, with the addition of tits and pantyshots.

Honestly I'm having a difficult time thinking of a fighting game outside of Virtual On that doesn't have tits and pantyshots.

edit:Dragon Ball Z and Hokuto no Ken. The manliest FGs

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 18, 2012

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ryoga posted:

Honestly I'm having a difficult time thinking of a fighting game outside of Virtual On that doesn't have tits and pantyshots.

Even Virtual On isn't safe.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Potsticker posted:

Even Virtual On isn't safe.

I hate you with all my hate.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Ryoga posted:

edit:Dragon Ball Z and Hokuto no Ken. The manliest FGs

Arcana Heart doesn't as I'm frequently reminded.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ryoga posted:

Hokuto no Ken

Ryoga posted:

I hate you with all my hate.

I think you've got me with Dragon Ball Z. Are there even any female characters in them?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pantyshots are an integral part of FG, they were there from the beginning, since someone decided to make Chun-li spin upside down. They are as vital to the genre as lifebars and infinites.

Taking my tongue out of my cheek for a bit, Tokido, Gamerbee and Combofiend are coming to Brazil for a tournament in September, I'm so fuckin' hype. AverMedia actually paid for Gamerbee to come here and are now sponsoring the tournament PLUS providing all the streaming hardware, which I thought was really awesome, we don't really get good sponsors ever.

Treta Championship: Armaggedon, September 1st/2nd, gonna be great, classes will gently caress me over and stop me from traveling. gently caress.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Potsticker posted:

I think you've got me with Dragon Ball Z. Are there even any female characters in them?

Android 18 and I'm sure one or two has Chi-Chi as a fighter.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Dodgeball posted:

Android 18 and I'm sure one or two has Chi-Chi as a fighter.

I think one of the Tenkaichi games has "Female Saiyan" to pad out its roster.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Android 18, Videl in the Budokai games, and the Tenkaichi games are pretty much all about the most inconsequential characters being playable, so you have poo poo like Pan and that one chick Bardock was friends with.

EDIT: Also Melty Blood has no pantyshots I'm pretty sure.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 18, 2012

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Gutcruncher posted:

I think one of the Tenkaichi games has "Female Saiyan" to pad out its roster.

Literally just "Female Saiyan"? Really? I know it's Japan and all but God drat.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Ryoga posted:

Mmm, Karate Champ, Street Fighter 1, Fatal Fury 1...and I'm drawing a blank.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

redmercer posted:

Literally just "Female Saiyan"? Really? I know it's Japan and all but God drat.

Looked it up and it turns out she actually has a name! "Fasha"

I cant remember any KOFs having pantyshots. Keep in mind that Mai doesnt wear em.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Why can't they just post more videos like this, showing good players that know what the gently caress they are doing, vs the ign scrub poo poo.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ReveLAtions.

I heard skullgirls was moved to saturday without telling the people registered until about 8:00. That on top of opening 7 hours late.

I only live 30 min away but I'm glad I didnt go

Ruehl
Jun 8, 2012

Mysteries From Beyond The Other Dominion

Fauxtool posted:

ReveLAtions.

I heard skullgirls was moved to saturday without telling the people registered until about 8:00. That on top of opening 7 hours late.

drat, I wish I had tournaments that close.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
and this should be the last batch of DOA videos.

http://youtu.be/aJYJHmLKFLQ
http://youtu.be/0kzjxn4_UKI
http://youtu.be/7ZDSZJm9pbw
http://youtu.be/lA4y7bfJLd0
http://youtu.be/wAlp08g3boM
http://youtu.be/Fbt8joaSguc
http://youtu.be/r4rF-y3GZkQ
http://youtu.be/QNX7DHAwO1o
http://youtu.be/LP89CYAuuj8

I'll probably stop posting these since there isn't much interest.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I always played fighting games my entire life and am used to doing okay at them but one time in college I went over somebody's house and the only game they played was DOA.

I never felt so cheated

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Fauxtool posted:

ReveLAtions.

After the start of the tournament was delayed they posted a revised schedule without skullgirls on it, a couple please asked and were assured that yes skullgirls was going on that day friday, then once we got there there was absolutely no word about it for hours until someone decided "well since it wasn't listed on the schedule i guess we're just gonna move it to Saturday and we have no idea at what time"

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

DOA is a guilty pleasure of mine, so I do appreciate the videos!

South Town guy
Jun 6, 2011

Ryoga posted:

Buriki One is the most recent game I can think of that qualifies, on account of having no playable women.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The King of Monsters is technically a fighting game I think and there's no pantyshots in that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not a single panty or tit shot was ever in Rise of the Robots.

No one remembers that though because it was terrible and nobody played it.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Also, no panty shots in One Must Fall 2097.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
...The Power Rangers fighting game?

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Arm Joe

Samurai Shodown

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

The Rokstar posted:

Also, no panty shots in One Must Fall 2097.

The One Must Fall series is entirely free of panty shots. I could go on and on about this fascinating topic but there's a wall somewhere that's flaking off a good amount of lead paint and I'm pretty sure I could beat the kids there if I hurry

EDIT: No P-shots in Sango Fighter either

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

redmercer posted:

The One Must Fall series is entirely free of panty shots. I could go on and on about this fascinating topic but there's a wall somewhere that's flaking off a good amount of lead paint and I'm pretty sure I could beat the kids there if I hurry
I'm going to blame the companies putting out fighting games for this derail. If their games were more interesting, maybe we'd be talking about them instead of this dumb poo poo. :colbert:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Skullgirls stole the infinite prevention thing from OMF

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

PunkBoy posted:

DOA is a guilty pleasure of mine, so I do appreciate the videos!

Since you're interested, you can watch the game in all its e-sport glory here.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

uncleKitchener posted:

Since you're interested, you can watch the game in all its e-sport glory here.

Really weird to not hear/see the crowd. Guess that's an E-sports thing? And single elimination? :psyduck:

Fake Edit: Is DOA Kayane's main game? The announcers seemed surprised she was eliminated.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Skullgirls stole the infinite prevention thing from OMF

OMF also had rollback based netcode, and probably outperforms other modern ggpo games if you are playing on a LAN. Unfortunately it is IPX only and not regular TCP/IP, so you can't do it simply over the internet, and it wouldn't scale well even if you could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

PunkBoy posted:

Really weird to not hear/see the crowd. Guess that's an E-sports thing? And single elimination? :psyduck:

Fake Edit: Is DOA Kayane's main game? The announcers seemed surprised she was eliminated.

Soul Cali is her main game, but her name came from her favourite characters or something like that.

She's overrated anyway.

• Locked thread