Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Animation forthcoming? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Bastastic posted:

Brian Fargo just posted this enemy portrait from Wasteland 2 on Twitter.

First thing I thought of.

It's suitably creepy looking though, and manages to look incredibly rat like for a doberman. You can tell it has eaten its fair share of exploded blood sausage. I think the collar is a nice little detail as well.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Quarex posted:

I love how easy it is to trace the evolution of that beautiful Wasteland Dog picture from the original Pinterest clip of the winner of the world's ugliest dog competition.

Wasteland 2: Built By The Internet, Of The Internet.

Seriously,

IT IS NOW. WE ARE ALREADY LIVING THE APOCALYPSE.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I like the radioactive slime dripping from his bell.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

I was thinking of

but that works as well. :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just to let you know, RagingBoner, I got my shirt. And just to disprove the notion that I'm a basement-dwelling goon, I'm wearing it to the water park today :black101:

(though not IN the water).

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Everyone has their shirts now, right?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Yuppers, I wear mine constantly. My girlfriend's mom and aunt were wondering what it was, so I had to stand there while a 60 year old woman and her sister read off such great names as A Big loving Blunt, Raging Boner, and Cock Electric.

I finer purchase I have never made. :D

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got mine and it fits nicely. Now I just need the game. This is the year 2013 and it comes out in only a few months, right? :ohdear:

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

RagingBoner posted:

I got mine. Along with a 3 lb shipment of delicious jerky from Big John.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

RagingBoner posted:

Yeah i love it thanks again.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

RagingBoner posted:

I still have the shirts for the contest, gotta figure out when I'm giving those away. I figure once I hear back from them on our SA items and it is totally official, we will have a big celebration contest and I'll give away some stuff, then hold out and give away the games and other stuff once the game is out.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

I may have to stop posting random pictures of Ken St. Andre here now that I learned from talking with him at Gen-Con that he might not even be involved with the final Wasteland 2 design :smith: Apparently he is Not So Good At Technology and does not really understand what the team wants him to do. I could not tell from talking to him whether he just did not have any interest in pestering them to get this resolved or if they are really bad at communicating with their external designers, but he does not seem hugely upset about it.

Other than reminding me that he not only named Wasteland in the first place, but also created the Scorpitron, and that it should be called Ken St. Andre's Wasteland 2.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I got the shirts and I love em

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
HOLY poo poo THEY ARE SERIOUSLY MAKING A SEQUEL TO WASTELAND

Sorry, I have those moments once in a while. It just struck me again about how ridiculous it is to see in the list of highest-grossing Kickstarters. Right there. WASTELAND 2. Of course, Wasteland 2. Why not Wasteland 2? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HURRY YOU STILL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO TRAVEL BACK IN HISTORY AND DONATE IF YOU MISSED IT

You have just as much time to go back and get a Goon backer t-shirt or belt buckle.

poo poo, that reminds me, I need to go buy a belt to which one might add a buckle. RagingBoner politely asked me to model the belt for the thread and I forgot :( Probably because I spent this entire month moving across the country, living out of my suitcases with family and friends, and occasionally posting to the forums instead of getting stuff out of my car so I could have a place to live again :(

Anybody want to go shopping with me right now? I live in Delaware! (Until I move back to Seattle next year)

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Quarex posted:

Anybody want to go shopping with me right now? I live in Delaware! (Until I move back to Seattle next year)

Jesus, you're bouncing between East and West coast? That sucks. Grad student life eating your soul?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Quarex posted:

HOLY poo poo THEY ARE SERIOUSLY MAKING A SEQUEL TO WASTELAND

Sorry, I have those moments once in a while. It just struck me again about how ridiculous it is to see in the list of highest-grossing Kickstarters. Right there. WASTELAND 2. Of course, Wasteland 2. Why not Wasteland 2? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HURRY YOU STILL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO TRAVEL BACK IN HISTORY AND DONATE IF YOU MISSED IT

You have just as much time to go back and get a Goon backer t-shirt or belt buckle.

poo poo, that reminds me, I need to go buy a belt to which one might add a buckle. RagingBoner politely asked me to model the belt for the thread and I forgot :( Probably because I spent this entire month moving across the country, living out of my suitcases with family and friends, and occasionally posting to the forums instead of getting stuff out of my car so I could have a place to live again :(

Don't forget Gen Con in that list :)

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
Brian giving a speech about Unity talking about his kickstarter campaign but at 31 minutes in he shows a little bit of the game in action all i have say is that god drat robot scorpion animation is amazing. http://unity3d.com/unite/#6943980

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The music is so loving gloriously Fallout

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
I never played the first one, but I'm still very excited this getting made. It looks amazing.

Now, when can we get Ranger hats?

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

Dragonrah posted:

I never played the first one, but I'm still very excited this getting made. It looks amazing.

Now, when can we get Ranger hats?

Day one DLC, 2.99$

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

njark posted:

Brian giving a speech about Unity talking about his kickstarter campaign but at 31 minutes in he shows a little bit of the game in action all i have say is that god drat robot scorpion animation is amazing. http://unity3d.com/unite/#6943980

That gameplay and the music.. :fap:

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Bastastic posted:

Brian Fargo just posted this enemy portrait from Wasteland 2 on Twitter.

YOU RIPPED A CLIP AND MISSED THE SLAVERING HELLBEAST

:ohdear: poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo

This game is gonna be brutal.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Video posted on the Wasteland 2 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151165199101220

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Hey RagingBoner, when do you expect to get the buckles out?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Woebin posted:

Video posted on the Wasteland 2 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151165199101220

Rock Paper Shotgun is reporting this video as a leak? is this true?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Nope. Fargo tweeted the speech video (which contained the footage) last week. Moreover, the Facebook video (posted yesterday) is on the official Wasteland 2 Facebook. So RPS was slow and totally misunderstood what was going on.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
I knew I saw that footage somewhere before, now it makes sense. I was confused there, since I seemed to have already seen a video before it was leaked. :tinfoil:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rinkles posted:

Nope. Fargo tweeted the speech video (which contained the footage) last week. Moreover, the Facebook video (posted yesterday) is on the official Wasteland 2 Facebook. So RPS was slow and totally misunderstood what was going on.

I guess they just saw the Cyrillic text and assumed foul play.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Good god am I loving the music that's coming out of this.

machinegunmessiah
Jul 16, 2012
Wasn't there supposed to be another screenshot, like a month ago?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

bloodynose posted:

Hey RagingBoner, when do you expect to get the buckles out?

Hopefully next week, I've been in and out of the oral surgeon here lately on my days off so I haven't felt up to doing much more than playing Binding of Isaac and slowly getting addicted to painkillers.

Several people still haven't ponied up for shipping yet.

Antigeist
Nov 5, 2009
Fargo threw up another enemy portrait.

Link

Not sure I'm too crazy about this direction the artists are taking. The dog was cool (creepy), but this guy has an oddly long neck. Maybe they are drawing them with weird proportions to make their appearance more unsettling?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Though he does have an oddly long neck, I have seen real people who look kind of like that, but yes, more importantly, I think they are going for a semi-surrealistic style that echoes the original game and also remains full of horror.

So, I mean, I cannot find a single thing to criticize, but that is pretty predictable.

In other news, I vowed that once this thread came back on its own again, I would finally grant RagingBoner's wish and model the buckle with an appropriate belt (and of course the Wasteland 2 Goons shirt, but, duh):

Sometimes I cannot believe how high resolution my camera photos are, given that this is a significant crop. I guess in this age of Instagram when we are back to 1990s digital photo technology, it is easy to forget :smug:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Antigeist posted:

Fargo threw up another enemy portrait.

Link

Not sure I'm too crazy about this direction the artists are taking. The dog was cool (creepy), but this guy has an oddly long neck. Maybe they are drawing them with weird proportions to make their appearance more unsettling?

I don't like that there are two art styles in Wasteland 2, they are so different. These portraits are very dark/grim and more realistic while the game itself is leaning more towards the cartoon/brighter end.

Either style is fine with me, I don't really care what art style they pick. I just wish they would pick one and be consistent about it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Did those buckles finally get sent out?

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Speaking of buckles and other accessories...

InXile and J!NX to Create Clothing and Accessories Line Based on Wasteland 2

quote:

Newport Beach, CA - September 25, 2012 - InXile Entertainment today announced an exclusive clothing and accessories line with the premier name in gaming and geek clothing. J!NX creates the clothing for the biggest franchises in the industry such as World of Warcraft, Minecraft, League of Legends and Portal 2.

Wasteland 2 is a highly anticipated Role-Playing Game that was recently fan funded via Kickststarter for approximately 3 million dollars.

"We are excited to be in such great company with the other games that J!NX represents and for the quality product they produce," said Brian Fargo. "Wasteland 2 has a distinct visual look that lends itself perfectly to apparel."

“As a long-time fan of Wasteland, and a day 1 backer on the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter, I couldn’t be more psyched to be working together with a legendary designer like Brian Fargo and his crew at InXile," said Sean Gailey, Co-founder and CCO of J!NX.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/109563-inxile-and-jnx-to-create-clothing-and-accessories-line-based-on-wasteland-2.html

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
See, and now you understand why they are going with two different artistic styles, so they can do this.

I love that the co-founder of J!NX is a big Wasteland fan. It suddenly makes me happier to have bought a few things from them that I later decided were not a color that could ever look good on me! Here, J!NXile, have all my money!

Potsticker, I do not know if/when RagingBoner sent out the belt buckles generally, he made a SPECIAL DELIVERY to me of my belt buckle and the W2G shirt I am supposed to present Brian Fargo at the launch party.

Oh, maybe if I let Ra-Bo out of his cage, he will be able to respond.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Quarex posted:

See, and now you understand why they are going with two different artistic styles, so they can do this.

Not really. I mean, purposely using two different art styles in a video game so it's easier to sell merchandise doesn't really make much sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Antigeist posted:

Not sure I'm too crazy about this direction the artists are taking. The dog was cool (creepy), but this guy has an oddly long neck.
How about the best of the both worlds?

glug posted:

Now we need that ugly mug on a scorpitron, do more photoshoppes.
Ha, sorry, isn't mine and I don't know the source, saw it reposted by someone else. :shobon:

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 27, 2012

• Locked thread