Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgs-EBzWAFQ

All this KI talk reminded me of the only KI thing I have ever watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Hooray, my new stick is finally (kind of) done! PS3 TE-S, replaced the PCB with the PS360+, buttons are Sanwa OBSCs (which will eventually have Arc Eye 3 LEDs on them), balltop is Sanwa, and I replaced the rubber feet as well just to give it a different look.

But it's the plexi/artwork that really made this project take forever to be done. There are actually two layers of acrylic and an artwork print underneath it all. The top layer is clear, save for the PS3/360 button label etchings; the middle layer is an opaque glossy black plexi with a logo cut out of it (it's for a band I like), and the logo is filled in with clear acrylic pieces cut to fit the logo; and the bottom layer is the artwork, which only shows through where the logo is cut away.

I've been going back and forth with Art from Tek-Innovations on this for loving months, so I'm glad to finally have it sealed up. Once the Remora PCB LED controller has the functionality I'm looking for, I'll be cracking it back open to add LEDs to all the buttons, hopefully with color scheme presets that are game-dependent.

Anyway, pics!

A few of what the stock TE-S looks like (inside and out), for reference:

(and then some stuff happened...)

Huge shoutouts to forums superstar rivals for handling the electronics. There were some technical issues with getting the PS360+ working that made this a way bigger headache than it should've been, but he plugged away at it anyway. Looking forward to using it at the next NorCal fighting game goons session.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Brosnan posted:

:words: and some pictures

Huge shoutouts to forums superstar rivals for handling the electronics. There were some technical issues with getting the PS360+ working that made this a way bigger headache than it should've been, but he plugged away at it anyway. Looking forward to using it at the next NorCal fighting game goons session.

Where is your anime stick art?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Anime will never have a place on any of my sticks. :mad:

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Brosnan posted:

A cool stick

I wanna put my grubby finger prints all over that and then complain that you left the start and select buttons boring

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

You might want to loosen the screws on the top panel; it looks like the plexi is starting to warp around them.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
They're not tight; there are two plexis, and an occasional side effect of that is that if they happen to stick together, it gives kind of a splotchy liquid effect. This happens more around the screws, for obvious reasons, but isn't permanent or harmful in any way.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

dj_de posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgs-EBzWAFQ

All this KI talk reminded me of the only KI thing I have ever watched

Well, I guess that finally explains to me why Mike Z thought re-stand combos were a good idea in Skullgirls...

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

El Estrago Bonito posted:

http://youtu.be/rCwRvpO4z9w

The second fight is where poo poo gets crazy.

WHOA cool. That Cinder stuff is wild but in the first match I think one of the dude's Saberwulf combos involved jumping over the other player, hitting him with air normals from both sides?

Thanks for the answers yall. Makes sense that in a game that was advertised on the strength of its 60 hit ultra combos or whatever a meterless breaker system is problematic.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Brosnan posted:

They're not tight; there are two plexis, and an occasional side effect of that is that if they happen to stick together, it gives kind of a splotchy liquid effect. This happens more around the screws, for obvious reasons, but isn't permanent or harmful in any way.

Nice stick, Brosnan.

Focus Attack just did a post on Facebook about it and it popped up on my feed.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Anyone have that picture of Ryu's default colors in all of the iterations of Street Fighter II? I think Capcom posted it for the 25th Anniversary.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 3, 2012

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

Nice stick, Brosnan.

Focus Attack just did a post on Facebook about it and it popped up on my feed.

haha, cool. And thanks!

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

PunkBoy posted:

Anyone have that picture of Ryu's default colors in all of the iterations of Street Fighter II? I think Capcom posted it for the 25th Anniversary.

This the one you're looking for?

edit: Hm, guess not if it's a SF2 colours pic you're looking for

Tokyo Incident fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 3, 2012

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why did they put the first ryu in front and behind the second ryu at the same time :psyduck:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Cass posted:

This the one you're looking for?

edit: Hm, guess not if it's a SF2 colours pic you're looking for

Unfortunately no. :( The one I'm looking for showed what Ryu's color was when you hit LP on the character select screen. SF2 had the classic red bandanna and white gi, Turbo had the white/light blue bandanna and gi(?) etc.

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

Robolizard! posted:

Why did they put the first ryu in front and behind the second ryu at the same time :psyduck:

It's deep symbolism for footsies, how is this not clear?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Very nice stick, Bros. Very nice camera work.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

In Maximilians latest vid on Marvel Superheroes there was about 7 and a half minutes of actual tutorial content in a close to 19 minute video.

I'm starting to consider the fact that as time goes on, less and less people will actually want to teach anyone anything of use in respects to fighting games in the FGC.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, I need some tech help regarding GGPO/FBA. I'm trying to use my Hori pad plus my PS3 pad via MotioninJoy, but both are shown as Joy0. Anyone knows how the hell I can fix it? I'm trying to make a mobile fighting game station to play during lunch break in college.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

PunkBoy posted:

Unfortunately no. :( The one I'm looking for showed what Ryu's color was when you hit LP on the character select screen. SF2 had the classic red bandanna and white gi, Turbo had the white/light blue bandanna and gi(?) etc.

Is this the one you mean maybe??

e: i like how Ryu alternates between ginger and brunette

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If anyone is looking for an awesome stick a guy on SRK is selling a Finkle. Not only are those sticks rare as hell, Fink is probably the best custom stick builder ever and this guy is seriously low balling the price for one of those sticks.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
Didn't Finkle die a few years back or am I thinking of something completely different?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
No idea, I just chalked up him as another talented guy who got a better slash more profitable hobby.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If anyone is looking for an awesome stick a guy on SRK is selling a Finkle. Not only are those sticks rare as hell, Fink is probably the best custom stick builder ever and this guy is seriously low balling the price for one of those sticks.

Can vouch. Finkle sticks are godlike.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

PunkBoy posted:

Like this one?

Found that on a Sirlin post here: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/street-fighter-hd-remix-features.html

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yes, it was just like that, but I think it had each color labeled to the game. Now that I think about it, I wonder if I'm making it up in my head. :ohdear:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So, it turns out that we have this game in our arcade. Its fun on it's own and I'm glad they took at the creepy stripping games, so I'm going to hold a £1 tourney while I look for a Bloody Roar boards.

If anyone know of any existing Bloody Roar PCB or board or whatever, as long as it's BR1, 2 or 3, I'm still interested (I don't even know if 4 got an AC release but I highly doubt it).

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 11, 2012

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
I don't know if it belongs in here or not, to cross-post from Trad Games a bit, few months back I made a fighting game board game, kind of like a Street Fighter version of Magic the Gathering. I intended it to feel like a fighting game, but with more focus on group tactics and giving time to think for fighting game fans who suck at them (like me). If any of you are interested, I could use some feedback from people who know the games at a higher level than I do.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eightarc sticks are back in stock on their site and on amazon

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Trailer for the new DoA5 char, Mila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PulVGf8DjYo

Yeah, so the train part is pretty crazy.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Evil Canadian posted:

Trailer for the new DoA5 char, Mila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PulVGf8DjYo

Yeah, so the train part is pretty crazy.

DOA5 is in this thread.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Oh woops, didn't know there was a thread already.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

So I just moved to Alameda(Bay Farm Specifically) does anybody live around there who wants to play some Marvel 3? I'm not opposed to learning a different fighting game either just Marvel is the only one I'm any good at. Let me know if your interested ybriksg@gmail.com

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006

Ybrik posted:

So I just moved to Alameda(Bay Farm Specifically) does anybody live around there who wants to play some Marvel 3? I'm not opposed to learning a different fighting game either just Marvel is the only one I'm any good at. Let me know if your interested ybriksg@gmail.com

Theres two local events that I know of in the bay area. In milpitas right off of 680 at jacklin road theres milpitas golfland that has casuals and tourneys on thursdays. I havent been in a few weeks but lately its been all about Marvel there.
Another one is Takedown Tuesdays in San Leandro http://www.facebook.com/events/350418335034886/ I have yet to go here and I think its at a smaller newer venue.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Milpitas is a little far for me but The San Leandro event is only 7 miles away so I'll try to make that. Thanks :)

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Here is the stick I have been using for the last week or so:

http://i.imgur.com/VlhCn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/W5L6c.jpg
{pictures too huge to directly post)

Pretty nice, there are a few kinks to be worked out, but it's a solid first effort at an arcade stick from Razer. Sanwa parts, interchangeable joystick tops included, etc.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BabyRyoga posted:

Here is the stick I have been using for the last week or so:

http://i.imgur.com/VlhCn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/W5L6c.jpg
{pictures too huge to directly post)

Pretty nice, there are a few kinks to be worked out, but it's a solid first effort at an arcade stick from Razer. Sanwa parts, interchangeable joystick tops included, etc.

does the top just lift up no tools? Is it storage space in the stick?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fauxtool posted:

does the top just lift up no tools? Is it storage space in the stick?

There are actually 2 compartments towards the bottom. The one of the left is for storing the provided USB cable, which is detachable. The one on the right holds an extra stick top, and a tool for screwing/unscrewing. There is a unit with a spring in the center between the two, so when you push down the button in the center (that has a glowing razer logo when plugged in), it pops open, and there are 2 catches on the side that keep it shut when you push it back down. Most of the betas that were shipped out have a problem with the spring not working properly, so I removed it entirely to ensure that it stays closed. I'm guessing it will be fixed for the final release, since nearly everyone who got in and is sharing at the SRK forums has noted it, and the reps from Razer are in on the conversation, but even without the spring, it opens and closes fairly well with just the 2 catches. There is some extra empty space in there with how efficiently everything is packed, so it's possible that the compartments could be expanded slightly for the final build.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Anyone have any idea why my computer wouldn't be recognizing my Madcatz Fightpad or Hori SCV fight stick? They are both 360 accessories, I can't figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what motherboard do you have?

• Locked thread