Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Rirse posted:

Anyone know a way to get Dusk's summon sign to appear? I said yes to her after saving her, but it didn't appear right away, so I quit and restarted and yet she still not appaering and her clothes are not near the DLC start.

Sometimes it can be hard to see and it also can appear in a couple different spots. It's either in the grass next to the rock by the lake, or in the water on the other side of the same rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Blattdorf posted:

Is there some kind of trick to getting past all those attacks and reaching the core or do I just have to get lucky?

You can block his Limbs so they don't toss you around and the flame scythe will only hit a couple predesignated areas. Other than that it's luck.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Rirse posted:

Anyone know a way to get Dusk's summon sign to appear? I said yes to her after saving her, but it didn't appear right away, so I quit and restarted and yet she still not appaering and her clothes are not near the DLC start.

Also, this is a dumb suggestion, but I did this mistake once -- are you unhollow? I'm not sure, but I don't think it appears otherwise, it's the same mechanics of co-op.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

VisAbsoluta posted:

Also, this is a dumb suggestion, but I did this mistake once -- are you unhollow? I'm not sure, but I don't think it appears otherwise, it's the same mechanics of co-op.

Nah you definitely don't have to be unhollowed to see summon her. Either that or my game is busted and I can summon while hollow.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Blattdorf posted:

Is there some kind of trick to getting past all those attacks and reaching the core or do I just have to get lucky?

Strip off your armor and roll like hell towards the boss. I did that and was able to land on the root before getting swiped. The timing is really tight though. Once you do get down there just keep rolling until you reach the bug and stomp on it. I'm pretty sure any amount of damage kills the thing instantly so just use a weapon that hits downwards. I had my rapier out and kept stabbing over the stupid thing and ate a firestorm before actually managing to land a hit.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Aaand just as I post my summoning woes, someone does get summoned and I now have Kalameet down.

Just Bed of Chaos and Gwyn and I'll have finished my dual shielding run. gently caress doing it on New Game Plus.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Three new questions:

1) Is there really no bonfire to warp to anywhere in the vicinity of the bottom of Blighttown? Is the shortest route to the Demon Ruins really from the Undead Parish through the Valley of Drakes to the bottom of Blighttown?

2) Is there anywhere to go in the Demon Ruins that doesn't involve me incinerating myself in lava?

3) Does the red dragon over the bridge eventually just leave? I got it into my head finally to show him what for and I couldn't get him to show up after marathonning back and forth across the bridge about 3 times.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

VisAbsoluta posted:

I never actually been near her summon sign location as a hollow. I heard issues of her sign never appearing if you start the dlc after saving her, but I didn't since I didn't have the item at the time.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Cowcaster posted:

Two new questions:

1) Is there really no bonfire to warp to anywhere in the vicinity of the bottom of Blighttown? Is the shortest route to the Demon Ruins really from the Undead Parish through the Valley of Drakes to the bottom of Blighttown?

2) Is there anywhere to go in the Demon Ruins that doesn't involve me incinerating myself in lava?

I take it you have not discovered the Chaos Servant covenant then? They have a bonfire right beyond Quelaag's boss room.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

Two new questions:

Firelink to New Londo Ruins to Valley of Drakes to Blighttown. If you kill the Centipede Demon inside the ruins you will receive a helpful ring.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cowcaster posted:

You can warp to the daughter of chaos bonfire, which is significantly closer. I'm guessing you didn't find it though. Go to where you ran the second bell and head downstairs. Stab the walls until one fades away and then you've got a bonfire.

quote:

Kill ceaseless discharge, that drains away the lava blocking you. You can also beat the centipede demon shortly after to get a ring of lava walking but I skipped him. The camera during that fight is atrocious and he's immune to pyromancy so it was miserable.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I take it you have not discovered the Chaos Servant covenant then? They have a bonfire right beyond Quelaag's boss room.

I've sat at that bonfire but from what I can tell it isn't an option to warp to? Do I need to kindle it up first?

edit: At least I *think* I sat at it...

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It is hidden before an illusory wall, though. Check for a suspicious archway at the bottom of the bell chamber.

^^^^^Edit: should be under the name of Daughter of Chaos or the like.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Cowcaster posted:

I've sat at that bonfire but from what I can tell it isn't an option to warp to? Do I need to kindle it up first?

It will be called "Daughter of Chaos" on the list. It will start kindled to +10 too because it's a firekeeper bonfire.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Blattdorf posted:

People in this thread: "Izalith blows!"
Past me: "It can't be that bad."
Present me: "Lost Izalith is loving atrocious!"

The area really is bland as hell, and there's no way I'm doing it without the shortcut ever again. What pisses me off, though, is the Bed of Chaos. I've got it down to the last core and I just can't seem to seal the deal. It's either the bullshit wooden hands, or the flame scythes, or the fact that you have make a silly jump in between of these things.

I'd probably get it eventually, but it's the trek that's insufferable. I'm rolling in Demonic Titanite simply because it's the least annoying way to the boss, and I'm not going all the way down to that bonfire in the middle of the lava lake.

Block them with a good shield? That's what I ended up doing. First, don't stop for the firestorm attack, find a path through it and don't stop moving. Then, I blocked the first set of swipes and managed to jump in there right before the second. I died a fair few times trying this, though. I couldn't get the block direction right. When I first triggered that phase, I blocked around a dozen swipes in a row by facing the direction of the first, and then quickly turning to face the other. But every subsequent time, I got hit every time no matter what. The one time I got it, I didn't turn to block, but faced straight forward, yet that time it blocked the attacks. So I don't know what the gently caress.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MysteryNad posted:

Not to my knowledge. That room is pure evil. You can jump across the gap to get a better angle on the enemies but I seem to just hit an invisible wall and fall into a bunch of giant skeletons more often than not. You can try throwing fireballs down on them but it's tough to even get a lock-on and they usually hit the ceiling rather than reaching the ground. You can try gathering them together and doing a plunging attack, but my weapon usually doesn't one-shot them and they don't get staggered from it. You can try sniping them from a distance but the lock-on disappears, it's too dark to see them and when the get hit by an arrow they just run toward you and get to an angle where arrows cant reach. Sorcery doesn't work either since you can't lock-on or get the right angle when they're below you.

Only thing I've found that works is cranking up the brightness and stunlocking them with the Dragonslayer/Gough Greatbows. The arrows knock them to pieces and give you time to hit them again when they reassemble.

Ring of Fog (trade a Skull Lantern to Snuggly).

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone thats doing a low SL run have a spare Dark knigths armour set there willing to give?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
When I inquired about it's stats, a bunch of people claimed that the mask of the child makes for terrible medieval dress-up. I disagree:

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Dark Knight? You mean Black Knight or Dark Wraith?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Is there really a boss called ceaseless discharge and is he defeated through the use of antibiotics?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

tractor fanatic posted:

Dark Knight? You mean Black Knight or Dark Wraith?

Black Knight. I can do dark wraith at low soul level myself fairly quickly

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Is there really a boss called ceaseless discharge and is he defeated through the use of antibiotics?

Yes and kind of.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

If by Antibiotics you mean my Black Knight Halberd +5 then yes.]

I heard of a gimmick way, but none became obvious to me.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Iretep posted:

Black Knight. I can do dark wraith at low soul level myself fairly quickly

I am the night.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Oh man, this made me laugh out way too hard. Today was a sad day :smith:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It involves running very quickly to a specific spot.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

gibbed posted:

Here's the last font sheet texture from the PS3 version of the game which has the inputs on it. It's a perfect replacement for the 360/PC version.

Name it 40fbc4ad.png. For dsfix, of course.

i'm sorry if it's really simple but i'm trying to overlay the ps3 controls from this picture so that the controls match up to a ps3 controller but even when i rename the file to 40fbc4ad.png as you suggested, put it in the tex_override folder and then enable texture overrides in dsfix, it still doesn't work for me. is there something i am missing?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Last King posted:

i'm sorry if it's really simple but i'm trying to overlay the ps3 controls from this picture so that the controls match up to a ps3 controller but even when i rename the file to 40fbc4ad.png as you suggested, put it in the tex_override folder and then enable texture overrides in dsfix, it still doesn't work for me. is there something i am missing?

Did you change the ini file? Easy way to tell is on the main menu, as the .12 release has a favor text added to the title screen that there for ensuring it working.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Rirse posted:

Did you change the ini file? Easy way to tell is on the main menu, as the .12 release has a favor text added to the title screen that there for ensuring it working.

My in game texture mods like that ps3 pad and other things work, but the title screen change didn't take hold.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

If you run back to the frog door he will leap at you, get stuck or something, and then he dies after like 5 hits for some reason. It's really weird.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Orv posted:

Gibbed's Original Engrish Game Announcements
DSFix Image 1: 3abef6fc.png
DSFix Image 2: ?

Found it.

YOU DEFEATED: 3abef6fc.png

YOU LIT THE BONFIRE: 8be12045.png

Gazaar posted:

My in game texture mods like that ps3 pad and other things work, but the title screen change didn't take hold.

That's actually because the first 10-15 seconds of the title screen is actually a video, then it'll morph to the custom texture.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

So yeah, Dark Souls. I posted a couple of times here, but I'm still pretty new to it myself. I like taking things slow and exploring every inch of an area before moving on. I like to think I've been rewarded by this behavior. I've found a lot of nice items that have served well, and met a lot of interesting NPCs. But that's part of the game's charm: you can really mix and match items and still be fairly well equipped.

But I've never been the sort to just settle for good enough right away. I have to push the limits and find the optimum loadout at any given point in the story, and after a lot of wandering and grinding, I think I've found the ultimate setup that balances extreme offense with unshakable defense:

I call it the Pain Train. Thoughts?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gazaar posted:

You have to wait a bit for the animation on Dark Souls to completely finish.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

So yeah, Dark Souls. I posted a couple of times here, but I'm still pretty new to it myself. I like taking things slow and exploring every inch of an area before moving on. I like to think I've been rewarded by this behavior. I've found a lot of nice items that have served well, and met a lot of interesting NPCs. But that's part of the game's charm: you can really mix and match items and still be fairly well equipped.

But I've never been the sort to just settle for good enough right away. I have to push the limits and find the optimum loadout at any given point in the story, and after a lot of wandering and grinding, I think I've found the ultimate setup that balances extreme offense with unshakable defense:

This is just too cheesy for a new player. Dark Souls is nothing without its difficulty, why would you trivialize it with such a powerful setup?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Now you're playing properly.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Oh poo poo I hoped you could get these as a player item. Can you use them the way as the enemy?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
That explains that, because if I stay at the main menu for literally more than 1-2 seconds it crashes my display drivers and hard locks my computer forcing a hard reset. It's a desperate race of button mashing to get into game every time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Heti posted:

Oh poo poo I hoped you could get these as a player item. Can you use them the way as the enemy?

No.

R2 to hit multiple times as you twirl it.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Arrrggghh ghosts are bullshit. I love a challenge, but having an enemy that clips through everything, can attack from untouchable places, and has a holding attack is just bad game design. Not to mention that they swarm you, and your curse to attack them can run out and you wouldn't notice until you are getting your throat slit. C'mon, that's not a challenge, that's putting their power beyond the player's grasp.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I thought of doing this once but decided to use the butcher's knife instead. But you, you made this a reality. Now go invade some people and show them true terror.

Heti posted:

I wish. Don't care how impractical it was, I'd never stop pvping with them if you could roll around on one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gazaar posted:

That explains that, because if I stay at the main menu for literally more than 1-2 seconds it crashes my display drivers and hard locks my computer forcing a hard reset. It's a desperate race of button mashing to get into game every time.

That's loving horrible. You must love this game to put up with that.

• Locked thread