Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think it's funny how we think lazerbot is cool but is basically an alien, and how bringing him into our atmosphere would make him immediately die. I'm not saying it's not true but it's funny.

If Something Awful were a planet the atmosphere would be 100% methane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

We have a history with well liked webcomic artists humans that get accounts.

Goons ruin everything.

Gary2863
Jul 19, 2000

scarycave posted:

This has been bugging me for awhile since the skeletal ear-wig demon showed up but is Demaro's name supposed to be a pun? :confused:

It sounds like the love child of Demon and Marrow.

I'm thinking that Demaro is a fake body made or controlled by that skeletal demon, and it takes the place of his spinal column and ribs, but it doesn't matter if that body loses a limb or two because Demaro is just a tool to get the skeleton covered in flesh by sucking up souls like Garry's.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Gary2863 posted:

I'm thinking that Demaro is a fake body made or controlled by that skeletal demon, and it takes the place of his spinal column and ribs, but it doesn't matter if that body loses a limb or two because Demaro is just a tool to get the skeleton covered in flesh by sucking up souls like Garry's.

Really? I thought it was just a demon spirit hosting itself in Demaro's body, but not a physical being. Like, it needs a host body because it can't exist on it's own and uses Demaro to get more souls to eat so it can become stronger. I bet it could even leave Demaro and enter a better vessel... perhaps Shadow.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ThatPazuzu posted:

Really? I thought it was just a demon spirit hosting itself in Demaro's body, but not a physical being. Like, it needs a host body because it can't exist on it's own and uses Demaro to get more souls to eat so it can become stronger. I bet it could even leave Demaro and enter a better vessel... perhaps Shadow.

hmmmmmm

Gary2863
Jul 19, 2000

ThatPazuzu posted:

I feel like my guess isn't far enough off from yours to disagree. I think the skeletal demon could definitely make use of other people. But it will still end up eating souls to flesh itself out.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gary2863 posted:

I think the skeletal demon could definitely make use of other people.

Maybe it can make use of other people the way a puppeteer makes use of a puppet, or a marionette.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I could see it happening where the demon realizes Wile E. Coyote is the stronger Neutral and leaves Demaro for him (killing Demaro in the process), and then Silver and friends have to find a way to take out Wile E. without killing him.

Silver and co. have had the most success in actually getting poo poo done, so it would make sense to have something more important distract them away from the trolls, or else the other groups in the story won't really have any enemies left to fight. Plus, it's totally in the natures of both Silver and Rob to value the lives of their friends over everything else. :911:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

scarycave posted:

Whats going on with Lazerbot is why I finally caved in and bought an account. Can anyone give him a screen shot of the thread posts, or is that ban worthy? He's clearly looking for a reaction to his work.

This might be the solution. Would showing someone screenshots of posts behind the paywall be okay, or would it result in whoever does it tasting Lowtax's mighty banhammer?

Tweek posted:

edit: I'd buy lazerbot an account (I'm sure any of us would) but I don't really want him posting. I kind of like the degree of removal where he reads about something here and the replies to it either in the comic or on his blog.

Plus his style of internet speech, while fun to read, would get him banned here.

Remember when someone bought Gord an account? Yeah.

Edit: Has anyone actually told Lazerbot about the moved paywall yet?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 10, 2012

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
If you e-mailed him screenshots or whatever and didn't loving post on the forums "HEY GUYS I SENT HIM SCREENSHOTS" and don't stick your credit card info or "SCREENCAPS BY DICK TOUCHLY" on the images, it's impossible to determine who is sharing screenshots and ban someone, plus I'm pretty sure no one would really give a huge poo poo.

But really the easiest solution is to get him an account and suggest to him that he not post.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Or, you know, let him wait until the pay wall moves again?

It's not like he needs us to make the comic work.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ThatPazuzu posted:

Yeah, this is what I'm expecting will happen really. Someone's gonna kill Demaro and then get a whole new demonic parasite for their trouble. I don't think it'll make them evil on its own though.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Maybe LB is better without us for a bit? He seemed kind of stressed during the Garry vs. Demaro fight, maybe he'll feel more free to do things on his own without us.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 10, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I just hope he doesn't stop making the comic until the paywall moves again. The resulting drama and admin sass would be poo poo beyond poo poo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lazerbot's brother posted:

i must say dude later in the comic your coyote is beyond epic, i can't wait to see how people react :D

The anticipation is beyond what I can stand.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
So I figured out what "Do schticky to your body" means

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Again, has anyone told Lazerbot that there's a paywall and that it just moved?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm actually slightly...relieved that he's not reading this. An artist reading/looking over the fan-works we offer up for fun seems like a lot of pressure.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

Again, has anyone told Lazerbot that there's a paywall and that it just moved?

Yes. As someone said before his response was "hmmmmmmmmm".

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

If the dude wants to get his own account, that'd be fine, but I don't think we need to buy him one. Seems like a sure-fire way to kill this whole thing.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Don't buy him anything, seriously now.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Goons just can't seem to help themselves. Gotta tap the glass. And then get all obsessed with something they like, then reach into the tank and pull the thing out and toss it into the forums to frolic. Except now the thing is exposed to pure Goonery and it will either explode or run in terror, at which point the thing is no longer cool and was never cool and we hate it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Zenzirouj posted:

Goons just can't seem to help themselves. Gotta tap the glass. And then get all obsessed with something they like, then reach into the tank and pull the thing out and toss it into the forums to frolic. Except now the thing is exposed to pure Goonery and it will either explode or run in terror, at which point the thing is no longer cool and was never cool and we hate it

That is such an apt description and I worry it will come true. Similar situation might be playing out in the PYF internet critic thread right now. Internet "fame" is seriously the worst.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aramek posted:

I'm actually slightly...relieved that he's not reading this. An artist reading/looking over the fan-works we offer up for fun seems like a lot of pressure.

From what I've seen and heard, Edmund McMillen does this all the time. Then again, he's usually doing it for finished productions.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Goons aren't always so poisonous, come on now. Remember Fanboys? That guy got massively better because of goon influence.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Air Julio posted:

That is such an apt description and I worry it will come true. Similar situation might be playing out in the PYF internet critic thread right now. Internet "fame" is seriously the worst.

That's funny. I opened both this and the Internet Critic thread in adjacent tabs, started reading Zenzirouj's post and thought this was The Internet Critic Discussion Thread and that it was in response to what's unfolding there until you pointed it out. I was this close to speculating on the extent of Wile E. Coyote's necromancer powers in between other people's posts about Cinema Snob videos.

(I had to double-check again which thread I was in before posting)

EDIT: But yeah, don't buy him an account, please. If he wants to read the thread and/or buy an account himself there's nothing stopping him, but nothing good can come from goons dragging him here to receive first-hand the same admiration he's already getting second-hand. I love the man but I don't want to get my greasy goon-fingers all over him.

Forktoss fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 10, 2012

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Aristobulus posted:

Goons aren't always so poisonous, come on now. Remember Fanboys? That guy got massively better because of goon influence.

I don't know anything about that.

I do know about Lazerbot. This can only end badly.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Aristobulus posted:

Except he was and still is making a legitimate comic and lazerbot is making a glorified fanfiction that nobody will ever laugh at unironically.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Lazerbot created TGT without the help of goons and some of the best material was created back then. He'll be fine without our influence.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

lazerbot posted:

It's alright guys I dont actually want an account

Well that settles that then. Good.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Time for some Lazerthoughts.

quote:

hey i saw that you chosen the answer lies and most people do think lying is worse then the truth and that probably is true, people only think of it in one way lying to people but no one thinks about the lies we all tell our self, i mean we are all lying to our selves about something, i mean lies can be bad yet in ways be good really depends on perspective really,

i mean here's an example, there's this person who's dieing of a illness and they have a zero per cent chance of living do you tell them the harsh truth or do you lie to them to give them hope? some times the truth can be worse then the lies, when the truth is about something bad is it better to tell the truth or lie? when the lies are bad then the truth is good but what about the other way around? a lot of people can't handle the actually truth and lie to them selves every day,

i am for the truth because lies like to pile up and explode but what if some of the truths are bad as well, i mean how can someone tell the truth to someone they care about and tell them that there dieing? and the doctor told everyone it was a 100 percent chance of death, do you lie to them and tell them that there is a chance? people don't ask these questions that much,

something like that can't be decided by one persons opinion, its good to tell the truth even if its cold, could any of us do that? could you tell someone you care about that there gonna die? its not something someone could answer until it happens to them, there are many truths that people keep hidden for good purposes, what about the things that people lie about for good purposes, i mean parents lie to there kids all the time, its something to think about

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Forget an account, someone by this guy a period and a shift key.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Get Ready!

Fight!

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
this is the down side of having no ears, i
can't hear if elmer is screaming for help

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Ryaomon posted:

Except he was and still is making a legitimate comic and lazerbot is making a glorified fanfiction that nobody will ever laugh at unironically.

What the gently caress is Fanboys? I don't think you're in the right thread.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
It took him a while, but Rob finally figure out the one downside of having no ears

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

By the end of this Rob is going to be built like one of those guys from the Unreal or Gears Of War games. He will never cry, he'll just sweat. :D

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think this is the first time Rob has had an internal monologue. Presumably this fight is going to consist of the troll making all of these villainous speeches while Rob yells, "WHAT?!"

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Does Rob's voice sound like the stereotypical deaf person's voice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Nice call back to the Mario vs Luigi fight on the current page.