Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TheJoker138 posted:

Nope. Next Generation is a SEQUEL to the original that discounts the other two sequels. So the TCM franchise has 3 separate timelines, two of which branch out of the original.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (OG)-TCM 2-Leatherface: TCM 3
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (OG)- TCM: The Next Generation
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning- TCM (2003)

And now it would appear that Leatherface 3D is a sequel to the original, so that would add ANOTHER branching timeline that goes:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (OG)-Leatherface 3D

Okay, but which one diverges depending on Link going back at the end of Ocarina of Time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is more closely related to the breakfast club than anything else.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

Parker Posey in Group Inou's newest music video.

That's very obviously a black pen why does that bother me so much.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
^^^ Hahaha, goddamnit...

Robert Denby posted:

Parker Posey in Group Inou's newest music video.

She looks like she's distracted by something just outside the frame.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

^^^ Hahaha, goddamnit...

She looks like she's distracted by something just outside the frame.

Probably the sandblaster that was used to polish her face.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Probably the sandblaster that was used to polish her face.

I was gonna say after seeing her in New Girl, uh, she doesn't look like that anymore.

She's still funny though.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Based on a Japanese book for children called "Everybody shoots."

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I had no idea Kim Jee-Woon had a new film coming out and that it was an action movie with Arnie. That's one to watch.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is a good poster.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Cartoon Man posted:

This is a good poster.

I like this poster, but I can't wait to hear about how it's all orange and teal.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

This is a good poster.

But maybe not most original idea in the world:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

zenintrude posted:

I like this poster, but I can't wait to hear about how it's all orange and teal.
I dunno, orange makes sense given the "annihilation" and throwing a little bit of blue in the space imagery makes it pop more than just blackness.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Apostrophe's in a different place. Entirely different idea.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alhazred posted:

Well, it's not the most original name of pubs just in general, which is part of the appeal and reason why they chose it (so says Pegg or Wright, I forget which). It's less that they made an apocalypse movie and chose a really on-the-nose name for the pub, and more that they were making this apocalypse movie and this common name for pubs really fit the bill, taking the other meaning of the name literally.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah there's a pub in my city called the World's End that is known for a couple of murders so I kind of do a double take every time I hear this movie title and think it's some true crime movie. But yes it's a pretty common pub name, I'm sure there are dozens of them throughout the UK.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
On one hand, I'm worried that after how tightly-scripted and sublime Hot Fuzz was they won't be able to surpass it.

On the other hand, if they do then it will be the greatest movie ever made.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

zenintrude posted:

It's not that bad...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I feel like the Johnny Knoxville character should be aiming straight ahead to kinda balance it out. Too many guns aimed toward the right side. But I guess people get scared when there's a picture of a gun aiming at them, so it's not okay to do.

Apparently the MPAA specifically disallows it now because we can't have nice things.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like the Johnny Knoxville character should be aiming straight ahead to kinda balance it out.

The MPAA has determined that you support Columbine murderers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cartoon Man posted:

This is a good poster.

Before my brain actually processed the words in the image, the typeface and wrought iron made me think I was looking at a poster for a Disney film.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Before my brain actually processed the words in the image, the typeface and wrought iron made me think I was looking at a poster for a Disney film.

Me too. For some reason I thought it was another Narnia film or something like that, then I read the title and felt really dumb :haw:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

kiimo posted:

Here's the Gangster Squad teaser, feel free to rip it. We went through hell to get to this point.

Floating heads???

Just getting out ahead of it.

Why does every poster nowdays have to stitch bodyparts together? When was the last time anyone actually did a dedicated photoshoot for a movie poster?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why does every poster nowdays have to stitch bodyparts together? When was the last time anyone actually did a dedicated photoshoot for a movie poster?

Like the guy said, the negotiations over the specifics in the poster aren't done until way after the end of principal photography. By that point, it's just cheaper and more convenient to manipulate the photos you already have rather than having to re-wrangle all of the actors to come in for a photoshoot which would likely end up getting manipulated later anyway. Marketing, contractual obligations, ratings considerations, and the egos involved in large productions will never allow this stuff to be that easy.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

At first glance I thought the bald guy with the goatee was Louis CK and that would have made this one of the best movie posters of all time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

We've created several posters that came from a photoshoot during the past year.

Origami Dali posted:

Like the guy said, the negotiations over the specifics in the poster aren't done until way after the end of principal photography. By that point, it's just cheaper and more convenient to manipulate the photos you already have rather than having to re-wrangle all of the actors to come in for a photoshoot which would likely end up getting manipulated later anyway. Marketing, contractual obligations, ratings considerations, and the egos involved in large productions will never allow this stuff to be that easy.

This is also true and that's why you try to negotiate a photoshoot near the end of principle photography before everybody goes their separate ways.

Sometimes you can succeed with getting them together though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

marktheando posted:

Yeah there's a pub in my city called the World's End that is known for a couple of murders so I kind of do a double take every time I hear this movie title and think it's some true crime movie. But yes it's a pretty common pub name, I'm sure there are dozens of them throughout the UK.

I've got a pub called the Worlds End too, it's not bad.

It's about time we started to hear about this film. It's clever the order they planned them, an apocalypse film would need the biggest budget by a long stretch, which they wouldn't get if the first two weren't the big successes that they were. ... Also the end of the world should probably happen last anyway

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Don't say 'last'. :ohdear:

VV This will do. VV

Suzuki Method fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 13, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Suzuki Method posted:

Don't say 'last'. :ohdear:

Sorry, "part three of a stylistically distinct trilogy" ?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Everyone forgets Paul.

Don't worry, that includes me.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cleretic posted:

Everyone forgets Paul.

Paul wasn't Edgar Wright though. It was just the Pegg/Frost combo for hire.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I really like this one even if it's pretty cliche.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kiimo posted:

We've created several posters that came from a photoshoot during the past year.

Kiimo, I am also a dead man with seven hands. I was wondering if you have any more upcoming photoshoots where you need someone fitting that description to grope naked women? If so, where should I send my resume?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cleretic posted:

Everyone forgets Paul.

That was a frustrating movie, because the style and charm of an Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg movie was there, but without the Edgar Wright. All the jokes fell flat, and it was just sort of bland and forgettable. Spaced, Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead were all brilliant, Paul wasn't.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Every year a Paranormal Activity movie in the cinema and in the UK we also get a Paranormal Entitymovie.

Also Gooby is coming out in the UK with a new title. I'd hate to be the poor person who ends up getting this for Xmas instead of Ted.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
gooby pls

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

"Help! I'm being choked by Drake Bell."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Robbie Coltrane and Eugene Levy? Man, that just makes me sad. At least they're getting work but they deserve better, surely.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why is that just now coming out? I saw that movie like 2 or 3 years ago. It wasn't very good, but the gifs that came out of it along with the recut horror trailer for it on YouTube almost made it worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8b8oXjN9KM

I don't think that was the video I saw a while back that I liked so much, but it's still funny :shobon:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Why is that just now coming out? I saw that movie like 2 or 3 years ago. It wasn't very good, but the gifs that came out of it along with the recut horror trailer for it on YouTube almost made it worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8b8oXjN9KM

I don't think that was the video I saw a while back that I liked so much, but it's still funny :shobon:

It's been out, they're just re-releasing it under a different name to get some of that Ted money around Xmas time, ala The Asylum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

404GoonNotFound posted:

It's been out, they're just re-releasing it under a different name to get some of that Ted money around Xmas time, ala The Asylum.

Oh, got it. Christ, a few people are in for a really weird surprise then.