Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The thread moves slowly and it's getting near the end of the riding season for a lot of dudes. That seasonal thing will affect ebay/CL too, so if you want top dollar you may want to hold out till next spring.

Also you know the CA hivemind consensus about buying a used helmet so it's unlikely to move here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003
Ah yes. I forgot about those season things (it was about a thousand degrees here a week ago) and, yeah, the helmet concern too.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
*This is sold*

I'm selling my 99 Honda Shadow VT600C. Engine and transmission are in excellent shape, just like the rest of the bike. My wife doesn't like riding with me on it for more than an hour. The passenger seat is a bit of a thong.

Only modification is a 12v accessory outlet I added under the handlebars to power my GPS.

It was an awesome bike to learn to ride on. I've owned it for 2 years.

big pictures (my hosting):
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.04.57.jpg
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.05.06.jpg
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.05.13.jpg

It is due for valve clearance check and will need a new chain soon, possibly a new sprocket. I've got all the stuff to change the coolant and oil, which I'll do when I winterize if I still have it. Otherwise it's included with the sale of the bike.

I've listed it locally for $1700 but I'll take $1500 from a goon. I live in CT on the shoreline. I've got a trailer and can deliver within 100 miles or so if you cover gas for me (goon offer only).

fordham fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 22, 2012

Davon
Dec 31, 2004
WTS: Icon Motorhead Jacket, Size Large - $200 shipped

http://www.rideicon.com/products/?productGroupId=102

The jacket is in excellent shape with no rips, split seams, tears or damage of any kind, never been down in it, just some scuffs here and there from regular use over the last two years. Comes with original hard armor elbows, shoulders and soft back pad and insulated liner. The reason for selling it is I honestly just want something else, new look.

Only minor problem with the jacket is a missing Icon cap on the right sleeve closure button. The button stills works perfectly fine, just missing the logo cap.

Closeup of missing button cap.

davon5r at comcast dot net

Edit for size cause i dum.

Davon fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 14, 2012

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

What size is it?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
For Sale: SV650s k4 gauge cluster with like 2800 miles on the odo. Perfect condition. Mounting bracket not included because it's bent, but I'll give it to you if you'd like. Asking 200 but make an offer.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

fordham posted:

I'm selling my 99 Honda Shadow VT600C. Engine and transmission are in excellent shape, just like the rest of the bike. My wife doesn't like riding with me on it for more than an hour. The passenger seat is a bit of a thong.

Only modification is a 12v accessory outlet I added under the handlebars to power my GPS.

It was an awesome bike to learn to ride on. I've owned it for 2 years.

big pictures (my hosting):
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.04.57.jpg
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.05.06.jpg
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.05.13.jpg

It is due for valve clearance check and will need a new chain soon, possibly a new sprocket. I've got all the stuff to change the coolant and oil, which I'll do when I winterize if I still have it. Otherwise it's included with the sale of the bike.

I've listed it locally for $1700 but I'll take $1500 from a goon. I live in CT on the shoreline. I've got a trailer and can deliver within 100 miles or so if you cover gas for me (goon offer only).

If someone is interested in this bike, I have the service manual for it - 1997-2003 Honda Shadow Service Manual VT600C/CD/CD2 Shadow VLX/Deluxe. I'd let it go to a goon if you can just cover the cost of shipping, which I think is around $15-18. Fordham, if you're including the manual and didn't mention it, please let me know and I'll remove this post. Just thought I'd offer it out there to try and help.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

americanzero4128 posted:

If someone is interested in this bike, I have the service manual for it - 1997-2003 Honda Shadow Service Manual VT600C/CD/CD2 Shadow VLX/Deluxe. I'd let it go to a goon if you can just cover the cost of shipping, which I think is around $15-18. Fordham, if you're including the manual and didn't mention it, please let me know and I'll remove this post. Just thought I'd offer it out there to try and help.

I do NOT have the service manual, just the owner's manual. So this is a great thing to have if you will do maintenance yourself.

Thanks!

If no one bites soon I'll send you shipping costs and you can send it to me, I'll include it with the bike.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I'll get pics in a few.

All of this is for a 2nd gen sv650s

k6 solo cowl

k4 rear seat

k4 rear seat/cowl locking mechanism

k4 gauge cluster + bent mounting bracket

k4 upper fairing + headlights + windscreen. It was highsided so it's kinda screwed up, but with a not-bent mounting bracket I honestly don't think it would look that bad. Headlights work as they should. Comes with flushmount LED turn signals already installed.

k4 mirrors

Pretty sure I still have extra OEM levers also. Make offers on stuff.

=====================================================================================

98 cbr 600 parts

Smoked windscreen in excellent condition
rear tire hugger/chain guard

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

invision posted:

I'll get pics in a few.

k6 solo cowl

k4 rear seat

k4 upper fairing + headlights + windscreen. It was highsided so it's kinda screwed up, but with a not-bent mounting bracket I honestly don't think it would look that bad. Headlights work as they should. Comes with flushmount LED turn signals already installed.

k4 mirrors

=====================================================================================

98 cbr 600 parts

Shoot me an email about the sv650 seat. I'd like to have one to attach some luggage to and still have my stock unit. Mraycgz@yahoo.com

invision
Mar 2, 2009

kenny powerzzz posted:

Shoot me an email about the sv650 seat. I'd like to have one to attach some luggage to and still have my stock unit. Mraycgz@yahoo.com

sent

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Gauging interest:

GoPro Hero1 with case and cables/booklets, and a couple sticky pads etc.

$125 shipped anywhere in the US.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Offering this up before I part it out:

1999 SV650
Clean title
~35k miles
$2700

GSX-R front end
Fatbar conversion
SS front brake line, longer to fit the handlerbar kit
CRG Levers
Vapor dash
Penske shock
ZX10 rearsets
Corbin seat
Ducati 848 carbon fiber tailsection/solo tail
Custom flat black/flake blue paint
Custom headlight projecters off of a Triumph Daytona 675
Folding bar end mirror

Suspension set for a roughly 180 pound rider.

Pilot road 2s in good shape.

Here are some pictures of the bike in it's current configuration:

For the low, low price of $2700, you too can have threads posted about your bike:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409229

Price isn't negotiable. I'll probably make around $3500 parting it out, so around 800 bucks is what I'm willing to lose for the convenience of seeing it all go in one fell swoop. I've also got some other spares, gen one and gen 2 front wheels, gen one rear wheel, subframes, swingarms, F3 rear wheel, etc.

It's not perfect...needs some of the mods finished (like a proper seat latch for the duc tail, proper mounts that aren't zip ties to mount the tailsection, and some other odds and ends), but hey, it's unique and a lot of fun to ride around. Brakes could use a solid bleed or maybe a rebuild, front brake is pretty soft.

But I've been riding it as is for the last 3k miles, no problems. Or throw some 848 track fairings on it, and have a sweet, cheap trackbike with the suspension already done.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Re posting from earlier to add pics:
I'll get pics in a few.

k4 Undertail w/ flushmount LED signals:

The tail light slides up underneath there so the chipped part won't be visible.

k6 solo cowl
Sold

k4 rear seat
This is missing. If I find it, it's up for sale.

k4 mirrors

98 cbr 600 parts

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Jesus christ... did you buy my old bike? A 1982 GS650 GL, purchased in Livermore back in March? Because I swear to god that is my old bike in the background, down to the lack of badges on the tank, the busted taillight, and the high mirrors.

Edit: it also seems to have the same slightly messy wiring situation under the headlight.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Jesus christ... did you buy my old bike? A 1982 GS650 GL, purchased in Livermore back in March? Because I swear to god that is my old bike in the background, down to the lack of badges on the tank, the busted taillight, and the high mirrors.

Edit: it also seems to have the same slightly messy wiring situation under the headlight.

No loving poo poo? I was the test rider - my housemate bought the bike. Hilarious.

It died a noble death, btw. He took it on a 3k mile trip around the northern states and it exploded the final drive in the middle of the trip. Thankfully, he was 15 miles from a friend's house at a gas station when it happened, and not 50 miles up a fireroad like he had been earlier in the day.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Z3n posted:

No loving poo poo? I was the test rider - my housemate bought the bike. Hilarious.

It died a noble death, btw. He took it on a 3k mile trip around the northern states and it exploded the final drive in the middle of the trip. Thankfully, he was 15 miles from a friend's house at a gas station when it happened, and not 50 miles up a fireroad like he had been earlier in the day.

Hah, holy poo poo. Hope it performed ok while he had it, I certainly wouldn't have guessed the final drive would be the part to go.

By the way, if you get a line on any decent starter bikes ... let me know. I'd like to get one for my girlfriend to learn on. I should probably sign up on BARF.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Hah, holy poo poo. Hope it performed ok while he had it, I certainly wouldn't have guessed the final drive would be the part to go.

By the way, if you get a line on any decent starter bikes ... let me know. I'd like to get one for my girlfriend to learn on. I should probably sign up on BARF.

I've got a ZX6E that'll be up for sale soon - 03, some damage, clean title, 40k miles, needs some work but I was going to handle that. Would come with some spares like an extra couple of engine blocks and some other extra parts. If you're interested, let me know.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Parting out 1999 SV650

Done with this project for now, and it's worth more in parts than it is intact, so parting it out.

Paint is a single stage flat black, shot out of a gun, not rattle can, and the blue offset racing stripe has a rainbow flake in it.

Aftermarket parts:

GSX-R front end, with Fatbar. Triples, Forks, wheel, axle, rotors, calipers, SS lines, Master cylinder, handlebar, risers, CRG brake and clutch levers - On Hold, Pending funds
Corbin Seat - $125
F3 rear wheel to fit 165 slick with spacers, complete with sprockets and ready to go - $150
GP Tech fairing stay - Beat up but functional - $50
Custom Headlight assembly - $150

Stock Parts:
Clean frame, title in hand. Currently registered with CA plate. - $300
Fender - $25
Rear wheel with hub/carrier and rotor (Blue/White, also have one that is silver) - $175
Swingarm - $40
Fuel level sensor - $25
In tank petcock - $30
Lock set (ignition, fuel cap, seat latch, single key) - $75
stock front wheel (silver) - $100
stock front rotors - $50
stock rear wheel with rotor and axle, minus cush drive and sprocket - $150
Airbox/filter - $25
Kickstand - $20

Gen 2 Parts:
Gen 2 front wheel - $100
Gen 2 front rotors - $50

Pictures:

PM or post up with any questions, all prices OBO!

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 1, 2012

invision
Mar 2, 2009

FS: SV650s k4 blue lower fairings in close-to-perfect condition. A few rock chips are the only thing wrong with them. $500 obo. I'll include the mounting hardware for a little extra since it's kind of a pain to pull the hardware off of the bike.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

fordham posted:

I do NOT have the service manual, just the owner's manual. So this is a great thing to have if you will do maintenance yourself.

Thanks!

If no one bites soon I'll send you shipping costs and you can send it to me, I'll include it with the bike.

I saw that you sold this, was the buyer interested in the service manual? I'd really like to get rid of it since it's just sitting collecting dust right now.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

americanzero4128 posted:

I saw that you sold this, was the buyer interested in the service manual? I'd really like to get rid of it since it's just sitting collecting dust right now.

I will try and find out. He might be.

Update: He finally got back to me - he isn't interested. I'm sure you'll find a good home for it.

fordham fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 25, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Updated and price drop/more details on the penske.

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003

kgibson posted:

Hey guys, I have a few things I need to sell, so I thought I'd see if there was any goon interest before I went the eBay route.

Dainese jacket, size 50 Euro / 40 US. I bought this new in March. Worn <20 times, kept in good shape. Has elbow / shoulder inserts but no back plate. Includes liner which isn't pictured. I don't recall the model name. I think $350 shipped would be reasonable based on the $500 MSRP and its condition.

Tourmaster Flex Pants, size S. Purchased from Fangs404 from this thread back in late March. I've worn them probably <10 times, and they're in the same condition they were in when I got them from him. Includes all the removable panels and liner and so on, and I have the bag of spare buttons somewhere as well. I paid him $130, I think, so I suppose $120 shipped is reasonable given the lack of significant wear since I've had them.

Shoei RF 1100 helmet, size M. Also purchased new back in March. It's a bit dirty but it's in excellent shape. I've worn it probably <20 times as well. Never dropped, dinged, etc. I have the original box and documentation as well. I'd let this go for $325 shipped.

Photos here: http://imgur.com/a/vizb5

Also, for any of you in LA, I'm going to be selling an '84 Honda VT500FT if there's any interest. I've just put a bunch of work into it, it's running quite well, and it's a damned awesome bike.

http://imgur.com/a/x23Kx

Sold the helmet / bike ( :( ) but still have the pants / jacket available. Looking now for ~300 for the jacket and will do 100 shipped on the pants.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Prices lowered, updated with parts sold.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Z3n posted:

Prices lowered, updated with parts sold.

Calling dibs on that gixxer front end for the next 2-3 days if that's cool with you. Pending the sale of a website.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

invision posted:

Calling dibs on that gixxer front end for the next 2-3 days if that's cool with you. Pending the sale of a website.

Sure, no problem.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Hey guys I sold off my bike a few months ago and don't see me getting another one for a while so I figured I'd sell off the little gear I have left.

For now here's the two helmets I had.

First up

Shoei RF-110 Hadron Helmet

Size - Medium

Condition - Like new. I bought this to replace the KBC you'll see in a second and probably wore it 4 or 5 times before I stopped riding. It's never been dropped, there are no scratches/blemishes anything on the helmet. You could put this on the shelf in a motorcycle shop and sell it as new.

Comes with - I have the tinted visor as seen on the helmet and the original clear visor that it came with. I also have the Shoei bag the helmet came with.

Pics -

Asking - $400 + Shipping

Next up, KBC VR-2R Reaper Helmet

Size - Large

Condition - If the Shoei is a 9.9/10 this one is more like a 7/10. It was my primary helmet for a year or so. Also has never been dropped and there are minimal nicks on the paint on the outside of the helmet. The inside area of the chin guard is peeling a little but otherwise helmet is in great condition.

Comes with - Helmet has tinted shield on it and a new never used clear shield as well as the helmet bag.

Pics -

Asking - $100 + shipping.

If anyone has any questions or wants different pictures let me know. Email/paypal is mattfl @ gmail.com

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
2001 Suzuki SV650 w/ about 34k miles (need to check for precise number)

Reason for selling: it being GF's bike, she wants to use it to pay off some student loan debt.

The SV: http://i.imgur.com/Y4ob5.jpg

As I do with all my bikes, I made a G-Doc spreadsheet documenting the maintenance/repairs I've done to the SV.

The bike has a salvage title, from the frame getting scratched in a crash. Was a S model, converted to N.

The bike has a leak somewhere in the exhaust system, which developed recently. I didn't take more than a cursory look but it seems to be coming from the front header area. My current inference is that there's a need for a re-tightening of the front header pipe to the engine.

Other than that, the bike's mechanically rock-solid. Has a little bit of wear/tear as is customary for a 11 year old bike. Painted-black frame could use a bit of touch up around the front area. It's currently in heated storage.

Give me your offers. Located in Upstate New York.

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..
I have two new pairs of vertigo shin plates (one is white/red/black and one is grey/black) and a new pair of vertigo/fusion toe sliders. All items are in the original packaging. I don't know how current the shin plates are, but the toe sliders seem to be pretty standard. The pictures below depict the exact items I am selling.

$10 ea. shipped to U.S. address.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Selling a 2003 ZX6E
$1500
~45k miles
Salvage title
Currently registered, title in hand.

The good:
Cartridge kit in the forks
SS lines all around
Works rear shock
Muzzy Exhaust
Jetted for exhaust
New chain

The bad:
Cosmetically rough, missing the bellypan
Needs a new front tire (I have a good condition set of Bridgestone ST tires if you want them, front is fine, rear picked up a nail and could be patched)

Purchased from a buddy on BARF. He rebuilt the engine about 10k miles ago, and it's had what I assume is a cam chain rattle ever since. I tried replacing the CCT just in case because I had one on hand and that wasn't it, and frankly, I just don't have time to deal with it. Cam chain is probably just stretched beyond it's life. I also checked and adjusted the valves when I was in there. I've got a set of plugs for it that didn't arrive until I'd already done all the work, those will go with it as well. Bike is currently ridable, although there is a cam chain rattle at low RPM that goes away when the bike revs to higher RPM. My buddy put 10k miles on it with the cam chain rattle with no issues, and the cams were in time when I tore it down so I'm not concerned about it having done irreparable damage, but it should definitely be addressed.

I have a giant stack of extra parts for it as well...extra rear rim, 2 engine blocks, a number of sets of cranks (some with damaged journals that could be repaired), a number of sets of conrods, pistons, 2 good top ends, cylinders, cams, plus a bunch of engine covers, a full engine gasket kit, and a number of other odds and ends. Easily enough parts to build up an engine with everything there (minus fresh bearings, which you'll need), and if you're willing to spec out the rest of the parts, there's another good engine in there as well, plus the one in the bike. I currently have these parts here, there are additional parts like race fairings, another couple of engine blocks, and some other assorted parts at my friend's place, which I will pick up next time I'm out there and the buyer is welcome to get once I have them. There are also some fresh valve guides and some other parts/gaskets/etc.

The plan was to rebuild an engine, swap it in, tear down the engine that's currently in there and overbore it to a 636 with some older ZX6R pistons, which I have as well, but as it turns out I have a number of other projects that showed up on my plate right now, so this one needs to get out of the garage.

This is pretty much the perfect setup for someone who wants to learn to work on their own engines. You could part out the extra stuff to recoup the majority of the cost of the bike and still have an engine to build to replace the one in there.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 27, 2012

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..
Selling a pair of Cycra Stealth DX handguards in black. The are pretty much brand new, include all instructions and hardware.

Might be a nice add on to keep your fingers from freezing.

$25 shipped to us address. If you live outside the U.S. send me a private message and we can work something out.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco
Sold, thank god.

velocross fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 24, 2013

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

velocross posted:

Major new parts:
-cylinder

Does that thing really have a replaceable cylinder? Like a semi truck engine?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

You can totally link to your CL ad but off the cuff I'd say it's not selling because you've got stuff like this on the same CL:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/3451246560.html

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

fordham posted:

Does that thing really have a replaceable cylinder? Like a semi truck engine?

You're thinking cylinder sleeve. The automotive equivalent of this is a block replacement, just with one cylinder.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You're thinking cylinder sleeve. The automotive equivalent of this is a block replacement, just with one cylinder.

I know. Does he mean he replaced the block?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The cylinder is a seperate part - just the barrel and the coolant/oil passages. Like so:

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

Z3n posted:

The cylinder is a seperate part - just the barrel and the coolant/oil passages. Like so:

Hey cool. Learn something every day. I always figured it was part of the block like a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Some bikes do have press out sleeves, which I would assume is what you're talking about semis having. Most support a couple of overbore sizes as well. Bikes have many different configurations depending on a lot of different cost/scale factors that mean there's a lot of variance in design.