Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ColHannibal posted:

You know I had a lot more issues on normal in that fight rather than TVHM. Could be the 1000 smg rounds I unloaded on the constructor in one Gunzerk.

:smugface:

You should be able to kill a constructor in less than a 1000 rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Jusupov posted:

"Spooky" indeed, if you grabbed my saves from way before they are codes for the Bee costumes.

Are you saying IF someone grabbed those saves THEN they are bee codes? Cause I'm getting nothing but bees over here and I'm running completely unaltered, original saves.

e: As far as I can tell from their twitter, the bee costumes ARE the halloween costumes. Go figure.

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 31, 2012

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

novaSphere posted:

I don't think grenades can spawn as anything other than <Delivery Method> <Elemental> <Type>, unless the type (e.g. Tesla, Quasar, Bonus package, etc) overrides the element. You'll only find Bonus Packages as Lobbed/Sticky/Homing etc. Feel free to (once again) correct me if I'm wrong.

Pretty sure you can have Homing on top of any other delivery method.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Nastyman posted:

Are you saying IF someone grabbed those saves THEN they are bee codes? Cause I'm getting nothing but bees over here and I'm running completely unaltered, original saves.

Nah it's bee outfits. I'm running unmodified and that's what I got.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Diplomaticus posted:

Pretty sure you can have Homing on top of any other delivery method.

'Sticky' can be on top of any of the Homing, Lobbed, Longbow delivery methods, or it can be Rubberized and not anything else.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Pharmaskittle posted:

Nah it's bee outfits. I'm running unmodified and that's what I got.

Yeah looks like it's intended.

Confirmation here, as well as all the codes for all 4 main characters all in one convenient Imgur gallery

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Zer0 outfit for Halloween

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

padijun posted:

You should be able to kill a constructor in less than a 1000 rounds.

Who's to say I did not go into a blind joy rage and keep firing my dual plasma castors.

:colbert:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ColHannibal posted:

Who's to say I did not go into a blind joy rage and keep firing my dual plasma castors.

:colbert:

I'll buy that seeing as I have no idea how gunzerking works

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

padijun posted:

I'll buy that seeing as I have no idea how gunzerking works

If you aren't dual wielding Tediore weapons and going from 1000 to 0 in less than 30 seconds something went wrong.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Just so I'm clear (because I didn't pay attention to it with my first character), to optimize the PT2.5 side quests, you have to GET the quest after beating the game in TVHM, or can you have it and just not start it until after? With my first 50, I'm still getting some 50 quest rewards, but it really kinda depends.. Like, The Bane was like level 38, but others are much higher.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

TShields posted:

Just so I'm clear (because I didn't pay attention to it with my first character), to optimize the PT2.5 side quests, you have to GET the quest after beating the game in TVHM, or can you have it and just not start it until after? With my first 50, I'm still getting some 50 quest rewards, but it really kinda depends.. Like, The Bane was like level 38, but others are much higher.

If you accept the quest before you finish playthrough 2, then it is forever stuck at the level you accepted it at. The only way to get a level 50 quest reward is if you don't even accept the quest until after beating the Warrior a second time.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There's actually a really nice side to not being overleveled constantly, the fights are way more engaging and you find new and better loot much more often.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

WastedJoker posted:

Zer0 outfit for Halloween

Zero absolutely has the best outfits.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Does Gaige get a bee outfit?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Ardeem posted:

Does Gaige get a bee outfit?

Yes, she does! Codes are coming in 5 minutes or so.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If it isn't literally the Blind Melon bee it's a waste.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This will forever be my favourite skin and head combo:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY! B IS FOR BULLETS!!!"
(Although a close runner-up is with the Vladof Sickle skin.)

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Unlock the Mechromancer's spooky "Stinger Missile" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Here's all five codes for anyone who missed the first few.

Maya: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
Salvador: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
Axton: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
Zer0: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF
Gaige: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012
Thanks! Do you know how long these are good until? I probably won't have time to log in tonight.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

fanny pack magic posted:

Link to the skins posted earlier in the thread.

sendspace says the files were deleted and I don't seem to be able to download them from google.

edit: ^^^^^^

quote:

Gearbox Softwareþ@GearboxSoftware

All of today's SHiFT codes will be active until 11:55PM CT on Nov. 4 (http://bit.ly/Sb8Ogf ) and can be found here: http://bit.ly/ScHZIy

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Codes are good until November 4th, so you should be clear.

e;fb like a rented mule.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

My skins aren't showing up in game after I unlock them with the item. Is there something else I need to do to get them in my skins list?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

They show up as skin items in your inventory. If it's like mine you'll only have one show up each time you start a game until you've used them all.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I had an odd issue where I was getting, say, Mechromancer skin item on my Siren save. :iiam:

Though honestly I love Vladof Sickle on my Mechromancer/Commando/Siren so I'll just keep that skin on all three of 'em.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

graybook posted:

I had an odd issue where I was getting, say, Mechromancer skin item on my Siren save. :iiam:

Though honestly I love Vladof Sickle on my Mechromancer/Commando/Siren so I'll just keep that skin on all three of 'em.

It just gives the skin item to the next character you log in with.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

They show up as skin items in your inventory. If it's like mine you'll only have one show up each time you start a game until you've used them all.

I got that and used it, and it said Skin Unlocked, but it's not showing up in my skin menu.

Casca
Jan 25, 2006

The Saints must Flow.
You can unlock skins on a character type other than what it's intended for, like unlocking the Siren skin on the Commando. Then the next time you log into a Siren the skin will be available in the New-U for her.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's a pretty common occurrence. I regularly get skins from slot machines and Items of the Day that are not for my current class. Aside from getting Axton skins from Gaige or Gaige skins from Axton, it doesn't really help much, but I guess it might matter in case I ever go insane and feel like using a class that does not involve robots. But that won't happen.

Also, for reference, they did officially note that you're supposed to load your save multiple times to get each skin if you redeemed the codes all at once.

quote:

NOTE: Upon redeeming the above SHiFT code, the corresponding item will be added to your inventory the next time you load or create a character. If you have redeemed multiple SHiFT codes and queued up multiple inventory items, one will be added to your inventory each time a character is loaded.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Wasn't there a save with all the skins floating around? If someone could post a link, that'd be swell.

VVV Wonderful VVV

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 1, 2012

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

GloomMouse posted:

Wasn't there a save with all the skins floating around? If someone could post a link, that'd be swell.

Bottom of the last page it got requoted.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ExtremeODD posted:

Bottom of the last page it got requoted.

The files wouldn't download for me weirdly enough, could someone shoot me a copy of both saves to barbarian _ steve (at) hotmail dot com?

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009
Anybody know if bonus mission objectives affect the reward in any way?

CitrusFrog posted:

The files wouldn't download for me weirdly enough, could someone shoot me a copy of both saves to barbarian _ steve (at) hotmail dot com?
Sure, done.

:saddowns:

And a moment later,

I didn't shoot anything, didn't even move from that spot. I guess, since I was in the Dust, something killed a bandit and it registered as my kill. Lazy programming...

nnnnghhhhgnnngh fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 1, 2012

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

Anybody know if bonus mission objectives affect the reward in any way?

Sure, done.

:love:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Holy poo poo! I love my new Wild Evil Smasher. At 7200 it does significantly more damage than most ES variants I've seen, which is great because when I get its damage bonus going it delivers enough power to drop a level 50 raging goliath in two shots. In fact it never takes me more than three shots to kill any one thing, bosses notwithstanding of course, and the icing on the cake? It deals explosive damage.

God bless you, Torgue. I may never need another AR for the rest of my life. :patriot:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Borderlands 2 has finally given me everything I want in the span of five minutes. I'm going through the Wildlife Preserve in TVHM and everybody runs ahead while I take a detour to open a chest. It contains my first LMG that is actually legitimately good. This is wonderful, as LMGs are generally my favorite weapons in any shooter but they're inordinately rare here and the few I've found before were not great. But with a hundred anarchy, +5 Close Enough and +9 The Better Half it's pretty hilarious by itself.

Then we're heading through a later part of the area and there's just a random Bee lying on the ground for no reason at all, and suddenly I will never experience anything so great in the game again.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SMASH THE SYSTEM

MAX ANARCHY

:negative:

I'm keeping it anyway.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
That last screenshot is basically BL2LMGs.jpg for me. Sums up my entire experience with them.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I can't run SMGs on Gaige; I have a single-shot Jacobs shotgun that blows through anything if I can get a critical on it. Getting 2-3 anarchy per shot is too much to give up.

Has anyone tried the Digi-claws on her; and if so, how are you liking it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's whatever. It's an okay way to regenerate life as you can melee environment stuff and get back a decent amount of life. The larger Hyperion ammo containers for example can be hit repeatedly, so for about 3 stacks of Anarchy you're back to 85-90% life. The damage doesn't really get interesting unless you have Slayer of Terramorphous equipped though, and even then it really isn't comparable to what Zer0 can dish out or anything. You do get a damage boost for using melee damage boosting weapons, so that's fine.

Anyway it's not super awful, but the potential melee damage isn't game changing and Gaige has more point efficient ways of regenerating her health bar for less effort.

• Locked thread