Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Didn't know she had a scar at all

It's big enough that they can't totally get rid of it in makeup for filming (well, not without a sci-fi level makeup job), which is why it does stand out when they constantly totally photoshop it out in pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zzulu posted:

I've seen it before. The story behind it is rather :smith:: When she was a kindergartener, she was slashed in the face by a random stranger behind her house.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hmmm, what's that? A scar? Nope, Tina Fey never had a scar on her face. You must be mistaken.

They airbrushed out a scar, but didn't get rid of that horrible growth on her left shoulder? Weird.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Zzulu posted:

It's pretty noticeable. It makes her look really wierd when they digitally remove it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
After years of watching SNL clips and 30 Rock, this is the first I've ever heard of it and had to google it.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Now that I look at a picture of her up close I think I've always been aware of it but I never knew it was a scar. I think I just unconsciously thought it was just a line on her face, like a skin crease or something. Weird, now I feel dumb for not cluing in.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What expressions are their faces supposed to show? I get that Paul Rudd is having a little "oh you" face because he's been denied but Tina Fey looks almost ponderous.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Vegetable posted:

What expressions are their faces supposed to show? I get that Paul Rudd is having a little "oh you" face because he's been denied but Tina Fey looks almost ponderous.

"Will he go away now that I hit him with the stamp? I hope so!"

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Man, are yall serious? Since shes been on air at SNL 12 years ago, all I can ever look at is that scar.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like her better with it. I also feel like her being famous and people liking it is a little bit of revenge against the monster who did that to her.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

I have a scar, I like that Tina Fey doesn't mind showing hers. A good role model. :unsmith:

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
She's no Omar.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Get ready for the sexiest Blu-Ray cover ever!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How old is that movie?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
18 years. Also has a disturbing number of recognizable or legitimately good actors or how it looks. Super young Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the 2-spot on the IMDB cast list.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Maybe the picture started out younger and sexier and aged, like the Movie Cover of Doria Gray.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
This is True Romance era Patricia Arquette too, they went to a lot of trouble to make it so terrible.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

This is True Romance era Patricia Arquette too, they went to a lot of trouble to make it so terrible.

Even Patricia Arquette right now looks better than that...thing.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I should clarify that the "it" in my post refers to the cover, not Ms Arquette. That doesn't read well.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

computer parts posted:

The one thing I don't like about this movie is that they rereleased the book with this as the cover.

Thankfully I got the version before, which has this cover:

They did just re release it in hard cover with that cover though, which is nice.

What kills me is Kindle books that say "movie tie-in edition" in the title.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Oh, hey, I forgot about the Mondo posters. It was a really nice Psycho poster.

There's also a really lovely Robocop poster up that's still available.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

falz posted:

She's no Omar.

Who's no Harrison Ford. :colbert:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Who's no Harrison Ford. :colbert:

Who is no Tommy Flanagan either.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hmmm, what's that? A scar? Nope, Tina Fey never had a scar on her face. You must be mistaken.

The stamp doesn't match up with the stamp mark. For DENY to be the right way around on Rudd's forehead, it would have to be backwards on the stamp. But both the stamp and the mark are the right way around. A minor thing, but it really bugs me.

EDIT: Wait, no, never mind. This is my poor spatial awareness loving with me. :doh:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Spatula City posted:

EDIT: Wait, no, never mind. This is my poor spatial awareness loving with me. :doh:
That's not poor spatial awareness. That's wonky eyes, that is.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
I'm surprised the stamp ISN'T wrong for the sake of people being able to read "deny" on it.

Your usual "the audience is dumb as sticks" poster would do that.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

;-*

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Blue Steel!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kramjacks posted:

Blue Steel!

Look how small the poster is. What is this, a poster for ants?!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Holy crap, it really is the perfect embodiment of ;-*

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

There is no justice in that film if that face doesn't get punched on at least 10 separate occasions.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Democratic Pirate posted:

There is no justice in that film if that face doesn't get punched on at least 10 separate occasions.

I was hoping any face-punchings might be reserved for Ori, the dwarf with the worlds most punchable face.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
He's the special needs dwarf - complete with bowl cut.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I can't believe that is real.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.

"What do we want?"
"BETTER MOVIE POSTERS WITH BETTER TAGLINES"
"When do we want it?"
"Now, dear god, now."

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was hoping any face-punchings might be reserved for Ori, the dwarf with the worlds most punchable face.

They seek to reclaim their ancestral home...
They're known for a love of gold...
Large noses...

I wonder if any anti-semitic nutjobs will pick up on that.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

casa de mi padre posted:

Large noses...

I think one just did :twisted:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

casa de mi padre posted:

Large noses...

Dwarves don't love gold. They just say they do to get it into bed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

A fairly lazy/poorly done poster, but try guessing what the movie is about from the visuals/tagline. (Don't cheat!)

Not getting/knowing it is the point of the poster.

That's no bad NZ movie poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apparently there's nothing good about this one. It's a shame, really. I really liked the first one.