Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Bubba77 posted:

ANy amazing loot you get from this mini-boss thats worth the effort? Im not a completionist

Gives Yukiko a powerful fan that boosts her SP by 50. It's on the throne behind where the boss was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0156
Jan 1, 2005
romantic comedy wahhhh
As far as I'm concerned, that fan is also her best weapon (or at least among the best) since the number of times it's useful for Yukiko to actually attack intending to do damage with her weapon is almost zero. 50 SP ain't nothin to sneeze at. Both in the base game and golden, I had her use that fan for the whole rest of the game. NO REGRETS

Bubba77
Jan 10, 2010
Alright, that bastard is going down. thanks

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0156 posted:

As far as I'm concerned, that fan is also her best weapon (or at least among the best) since the number of times it's useful for Yukiko to actually attack intending to do damage with her weapon is almost zero. 50 SP ain't nothin to sneeze at. Both in the base game and golden, I had her use that fan for the whole rest of the game. NO REGRETS

I'm pretty much in the same boat. The only time Yukiko needs to attack is the rare instance of a shadow being weak to physical :colbert:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah that +50 SP fan is her best weapon until the endgame where you can get her a +10 magic weapon because by that point you don't really need +50 SP on her anymore with the SP restoring options you'll have.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I forgot how sad it was that Nanakos big dream is to just go to Junes with her dad :smith:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So it's been a little while since I got my bike, and I've traveled enough to unlock Okina City. I know there's bike dates you can do with the others that can give them new abilities. How do you do those? Or is that a thing that's unlocked on its own eventually? I just finished Rise's dungeon if that matters.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You'll get an event where everybody else decides to go get licenses, then you can go on bike dates after they pass their tests.

And go ride your scooter and unlock the beach.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Holy loving poo poo, the beach event. Had to put the Vita down a few times to avoid dropping it on the floor from laughing so hard.

"You're a man. Let 'em dangle." :black101:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Len posted:

I forgot how sad it was that Nanakos big dream is to just go to Junes with her dad :smith:
Did you read the cards she wrote in the bamboo thing she brings home around June with her wishes and what she's thankful for? I think it's new to Golden.

Nanako continues to be the most depressing thing

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Dumb question from a new Persona player - do I have to always do the events such as Sports Club (making me miss practice)? Will this mess up my chance to possibly max out the S. link or will I still have a shot? Finding it incredibly difficult to make time for everything and since this is my first Persona game it's driving me crazy at times.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Nah, you don't have to. It's "here's when you can do these s-links" rather than "here's when you HAVE to do these s-links."

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You don't have to go to the clubs every day. They're just like any other Social Link. However, they do have the added bonus of boosting Diligence and Expression, which is a nice reason to do them.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWinYDhzm88

hctibyllis
Aug 24, 2012

Her mouth was sewn shut but her eyes were still wide
Gazing through the fog to the other side
Let's see what we have. Pattern carrots.

Don't read the comments. Nanako spoiler.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hctibyllis posted:

Let's see what we have. Debt.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

hctibyllis posted:

Don't read the comments. Nanako spoiler.

Why would you spoiler text that??

If you didn't I would not have read them and not had a major plot point spoiled :/

Although for a 4 year old game I really have zero right to complain and it isn't your fault anyway

hctibyllis
Aug 24, 2012

Her mouth was sewn shut but her eyes were still wide
Gazing through the fog to the other side
Sorry! I actually meant to say Dojima dies.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh boy, the culture festival. I'm gonna need my skip button now more than ever. Anyways, time for some more pictures of neat stuff...

The Cheerleading Outfit Set

OUENDAN! Osu!

And Kanji and Naoto's sweet rear end combo attack.

This game is pretty awesome. Also, after completing Naoto's dungeon I went on a mass killing spree on all of the extra bosses available to me and I'm probably overleveled for the next dungeon as a result, funny how that happens.

Also, question. Adachi seems to stop actually letting you advance his S. Link at points, the game'll say stuff like "Let the investigation advance and try again then" and I'm assuming that basically means more of his S. Link is unlocked with story progression?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Also, question. Adachi seems to stop actually letting you advance his S. Link at points, the game'll say stuff like "Let the investigation advance and try again then" and I'm assuming that basically means more of his S. Link is unlocked with story progression?

I think that actually comes up if you haven't cleared the current dungeon yet. At least that's what it looks like to me, I was using the Voice feature to check what other players were doing and they were able to do S.Links with guys I couldn't, your party members will sometimes lose S. Link opportunities because they have the prompt that they want to go into the TV instead. If you beat the dungeon early those prompts won't come up and they'll be free.

In Adachi's case I guess it's possible that I had just maxed it out at the current point and other players hadn't but I assumed it was a dungeon thing.

The voice feature makes me second-guess myself :v: WHY CAN EVERYONE DO LINKS WITH AI MY COURAGE IS STILL TOO LOW AM I BEHIND

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

When do you get special fusions? Did they change it for Golden or something?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

A question, if I may. I played through the original Persona 4 and my copy of Golden is due to arrive in the next day or two. I've skimmed over most of the new features, but I'm still kind of unclear on how exactly the SOS mechanic works in terms of finding people.

Does the SOS feature only work if you have people on your friend list? Does the game just check for players on the same floor as you? Is the PSN even involved, or can you just have nobody registered as a friend and still get help?

Laex
Sep 24, 2007
How do you trigger combo attacks? I keep getting the Yukiko and Chie one at random and I wonder if there's any way to control it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cirosan posted:

A question, if I may. I played through the original Persona 4 and my copy of Golden is due to arrive in the next day or two. I've skimmed over most of the new features, but I'm still kind of unclear on how exactly the SOS mechanic works in terms of finding people.

Does the SOS feature only work if you have people on your friend list? Does the game just check for players on the same floor as you? Is the PSN even involved, or can you just have nobody registered as a friend and still get help?

It randomly sends it out to other players. I don't think they even have to be in the same dungeon, just in any dungeon at the time.

You click SOS in between battles. Someone randomly gets a popup and can click "Assist". You get a boost in your next battle to HP and SP depending how many people assisted. It's only from when you click to your next battle, you have to SOS after every battle if you want constant help.

It's a small boost but if you do it every single battle it adds up (I get annoyed so I don't)

Laex posted:

How do you trigger combo attacks? I keep getting the Yukiko and Chie one at random and I wonder if there's any way to control it.

If you do an All Out Attack and there are still enemies left you can do a Combo Attack.

It will only activate if you have the following in your party:

Chie+Yukiko
Kanji+Naoto
Yosuke+Teddie

So you can only have 1 potential combo attack at any one time and depending on your party there might not be any.

Laex
Sep 24, 2007
Regarding SOS, it can get hilariously overpowered, I don't know wether its just a random chance or it gets more powerful if you let it run without engaging combat for a while. I was getting something like 40-50 health and SP at Yukiko's castle :shobon:

Laex fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 26, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Laex posted:

Regarding SOS, it can get hilariously overpowered, I don't know wether its just a random chance or it gets more powerful if you let it run without engaging combat for a while but I was getting something like 40-50 health and SP at Yukiko's castle :shobon:

It keeps requesting until you get into a battle or change floors I think, so yeah if you SOS and wait 10 minutes you could have enough people that said yes to give you lots of HP and SP. Also I noticed it's % based so if you're level 50 and go back to Yukiko's castle you get more than you used to while mashing Rush through enemies.

You can game it if you're patient.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 26, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Stupid lucky one shots my mc is made of tissue paper

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
When will your buddies start taking a hit for you? I miss that :(

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

jtm33 posted:

When will your buddies start taking a hit for you? I miss that :(

Rank 9.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can you customize the message others get when you accept their SOS, or only the one you send out?

Mine is "Every day's great at your Junes! AWWWW YEEEEEEAH!"

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I think your message only appears in the Velvet Room's Rescue Log?

"Glasses are Good! Sweetdiculous Love!"

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

That said, either something is broken or players this morning are assholes, as I have filled like 20 sos requests and got two.

Don't be That Guy, goons. Pressing that button is easy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even understand how SOS actually works, like I've pressed the button and sent help, but what has it actually done?

JINKY
Nov 7, 2004
JINKY
Anyone else thinking that between skill cards, the new retry system, SOS, going out at night, and the new shuffle time after battles that they've made the game WAY too easy?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I don't even understand how SOS actually works, like I've pressed the button and sent help, but what has it actually done?

You press the button, other player gets free health and sp. You press SOS to also recieve free boosts from other players. It's like one big circle-jerk. :v:

There's no reason not to do it between every fight other than the annoying little alarm that goes off every time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tricky posted:

I think that the book you can get from hanging out with Strength (The O-Cha Way) is only missable if you are doing the basketball version. If you go with Soccer you shouldn't have any issues.

Going way back to this, I just got this book and I'm doing the basketball version.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JINKY posted:

Anyone else thinking that between skill cards, the new retry system, SOS, going out at night, and the new shuffle time after battles that they've made the game WAY too easy?

Not really, Persona 4's always been pretty easy. Adding these new mechanics don't really change much, I've blazed through the game without the skill cards or using SOS and it's still been easy. The retry feature is nice solely because I don't lose almost an hour of progress on the floor before the boss by some wayward mudo, so if anything they're saving me time on that. Shuffle Time's just... there, I mean it's no better or worse than before, it's just now there's not an obnoxious mini-game.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

TheLoser posted:

You press the button, other player gets free health and sp. You press SOS to also recieve free boosts from other players. It's like one big circle-jerk. :v:

There's no reason not to do it between every fight other than the annoying little alarm that goes off every time.

Man I should probably do this. The game is kicking my rear end in ways I never remember happening in P3P.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

JINKY posted:

A little bit, but that's why there are harder difficulty settings now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Try ending the quiz show with a tie, it's great.

• Locked thread