Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wandering Knitter posted:

God I wish I could play Harvest Moon 64 on a handheld. :sigh:
Man, who doesn't?

That's a brilliant series of images, by the way, you should LP that poo poo Manflurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆

Emalde posted:

Yes.
Not really.

Well that's... not immediately obvious.

I married Cam in ToTT. All the dudes are pretty boring though so I went with the one who likes cats.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh my God is my cat seriously taking my chickens in and out of the barn for me? That is seriously cool.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

The White Dragon posted:

Man, who doesn't?

That's a brilliant series of images, by the way, you should LP that poo poo Manflurry.

If I had more time I absolutely would. HM64 is such a special game.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Shlapintogan posted:

So I've just got Rebecca and have built Tina's house. How long is it until I start getting Town Plans? I want to start improving the gently caress out of this town.

Err, you're already getting town plans, or 'Town Revitalization Plans' as they're called. In fact, if you built Tina's house, you already completed the first one.

http://fogu.com/hm11/basics/dunhill-plans.php

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Weird, I never got the request to build the topiaries and such for the first plan. It's not even the first of Summer yet, so I guess Tina's house plan is just available early on? The material requirements for it didn't seem that exorbitant.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
How do you win the intermediate crop contest? I've tried fertilizing and watering every other day but I only get 2 stars.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Maximusi posted:

How do you win the intermediate crop contest? I've tried fertilizing and watering every other day but I only get 2 stars.

To win intermediate and advanced, you'd need to make use of the seed maker. Put your fertilized product in the maker and replant the seed to continue raising the star ranking.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Revol posted:

To win intermediate and advanced, you'd need to make use of the seed maker. Put your fertilized product in the maker and replant the seed to continue raising the star ranking.

If you plant from the beginning of the month, use the crops that regrow, and fertilize every day you can get 3 star crops by the end of the month, which will let you win the intermediate festival.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
My chickens keep getting super stressed out and I'm not entirely sure why. Anyone know what the problem would be and how to manage it? I feed them and pick them up all the time. Is 2 feed boxes with 2 food in each enough for 10 chickens a day? That's got to be my issue...

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Honest Ray posted:

My chickens keep getting super stressed out and I'm not entirely sure why. Anyone know what the problem would be and how to manage it? I feed them and pick them up all the time. Is 2 feed boxes with 2 food in each enough for 10 chickens a day? That's got to be my issue...

I'm not really sure because I only have 7 chickens now, but you can check the animal book thing to see if they are eating. If they are then I would just let them outside for a while and the stress goes away really quickly (I know from a couple times I forgot to buy feed and then it was a weekend). Hopefully you have the farm bell otherwise moving 10 chickens would get annoying.

I just got the greenhouse plans and oh boy, time to start going to the animal sanctuary a lot more often. And maybe buy another alpaca too.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
I figured out how to do well in the gardening tour. Put as much poo poo in there as possible. It doesn't have to look nice.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Well, I just took ill today but there is a justice in the universe because I also just got my copy of ANB today too. Catalina is a gentlegoon for sellin' me an extra. Now to roleplay as a weed farmer

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Two questions:

1. How late can I stay up without having to sleep in? I've been sleeping around 6 or 7 but if I could be trap fishing for a little longer I might as well.

2. Does fertilizing regrowing crops after the first harvest up their star rating in the subsequent harvests? I want to try for intermediate by the end of summer and just planted tomatoes.

Thanks for the quick answers!

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 27, 2012

DuckPuncher
Jun 2, 2011

A writer must sleep
And a ghost must haunt
The cut-off is midnight, and you'll wind up sleeping til 7 afterwards. I haven't stayed up any later than that, though, so I don't know what happens at 1 AM and after. And it does, I think I managed to get a regrowing crop up to 3 stars before the crop festival. It was pretty close, though.

Edit: or wait, maybe it's 11 o'clock.

DuckPuncher fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 27, 2012

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Two questions:

1. How late can I stay up without having to sleep in? I've been sleeping around 6 or 7 but if I could be trap fishing for a little longer I might as well.

I stay up as late as 10 to 10:30 fishing without issues.

I once got sick from going to bed at 11:30 though.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Met posted:

I stay up as late as 10 to 10:30 fishing without issues.

I once got sick from going to bed at 11:30 though.

You actually got sick? I've stayed up late (but not past midnight) and never been sick. You do get the green not-so-happy face though if you don't eat anything.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fru Fru posted:

You actually got sick? I've stayed up late (but not past midnight) and never been sick. You do get the green not-so-happy face though if you don't eat anything.

ehh. That might've been it. Guess I have to eat once every few weeks or so.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Getting the green face is pretty horrible, though. It basically doubles the amount of stamina every action uses, which can really ruin your day!

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

Crowbear posted:

Getting the green face is pretty horrible, though. It basically doubles the amount of stamina every action uses, which can really ruin your day!

I just go see my main man Klaus and we sort that game out.

Blenheim
Sep 22, 2010
I'm playing the PSP version of Innocent Life right now. Is the game one or two years long?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Honest Ray posted:

I just go see my main man Klaus and we sort that game out.

I suppose you could do that but there really is no reason to when eating one piece of food will fix it. Also Klaus is insane. One of his cutscenes was like a five minute rant about why macaroni has a hole in it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Fru Fru posted:

I suppose you could do that but there really is no reason to when eating one piece of food will fix it. Also Klaus is insane. One of his cutscenes was like a five minute rant about why macaroni has a hole in it.

Huh. Looks like now I have a mad doctor to befriend.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Blenheim posted:

I'm playing the PSP version of Innocent Life right now. Is the game one or two years long?

From memory, two years.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I've just started playing Back To Nature on my Vita. I like the retro graphics, make me feel very nostalgic as I used to obsess about HM64 but never had a chance to play it. Any tips for starting out?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

BTN is fairly straight forward. Abuse the mines in winter because there's jack all else to do except tend to your animals. Don't bother with the greenhouse, that thing has a strong chance of being destroyed during a summer storm.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

I've just started playing Back To Nature on my Vita. I like the retro graphics, make me feel very nostalgic as I used to obsess about HM64 but never had a chance to play it. Any tips for starting out?

(Assuming it's the same as FOMT), the harvest sprites like Flour. Give them as much as you can and raise your friendship with them. You can put them to work on your farm. At 5 hearts, they can harvest, replant, and water your entire (literally every single square you can possibly plant) in 1 day.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
Any reason I shouldn't have all my cows/yaks producing great milk? I have some sheep saved at normal level for clothing purposes, but from what I can tell, there's no need for the regular milk (or eggs for that matter).

I am almost at fall year 2 so I can finally get those stupid yams.

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

Speaking of yams, does anyone feel like popping up on Multiplayer sharing the yam love? I'm aiming for Sanjay and don't really want to wait another year. :sigh:

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
Soooooo did anyone else trigger the really bizarre Dunhill cutscene where two ladies are discussing how he's able to take photos of everybody without even seeming to be around when the photos would have been taken? And there's no conclusive answer?

Dunhill, you seemed like a pretty cool dude, please don't be a creepy stalker ghost. :ohdear:

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
Wow, I haven't seen that one yet. But I did just get one where Tina was talking about going on a diet and Toni was like yeah you are totally fat. That kid is a jerk.

I might be able to trade yams later tonight, but I don't have wifi where I'm at now.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Fru Fru posted:

Wow, I haven't seen that one yet. But I did just get one where Tina was talking about going on a diet and Toni was like yeah you are totally fat. That kid is a jerk.

I might be able to trade yams later tonight, but I don't have wifi where I'm at now.
Ha! I got that one! I also got the one where the pilots wife calls Rebecca out for showing off her body too much.
I married rod, haven't had a kid yet but I'm thinking of just restarting to have a go at Sanjay.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Toriori posted:

Ha! I got that one! I also got the one where the pilots wife calls Rebecca out for showing off her body too much.
I married rod, haven't had a kid yet but I'm thinking of just restarting to have a go at Sanjay.

Did he wear the goggles on your wedding day?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Fru Fru posted:

Did he wear the goggles on your wedding day?
No! I was surprised! Also, you get to choose what colour suit your spouse wears and the dress your character wears! I love that little customization :3:

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Toriori posted:

No! I was surprised! Also, you get to choose what colour suit your spouse wears and the dress your character wears! I love that little customization :3:

Nice, I can't wait to choose the dorkiest one for Neil :3:

I am still trying to trigger the reverse proposal but I lost track of how many gifts I've given him. He's been in game for about 180 days now so obviously I missed a few days but I didn't think I missed that many (the guide says 150).

Edit: And I got it two days later. I think it has to still be Saturday or Sunday and you do have to have the feather in your inventory.

Fru Fru fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 29, 2012

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

I'm still planning on marrying Amir, but I've got to say Soseki seems like a nice dude. I may use the other slot to pursue him just to see how that storyline goes. I like that he rolls out of bed later than everyone else, haha.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
Oh my goodness. I hadn't checked the tailor shop in a while and I somehow unlocked animal costumes. You can dress up in dog, cat, or bear outfit. They look terrifying.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Fru Fru posted:

Oh my goodness. I hadn't checked the tailor shop in a while and I somehow unlocked animal costumes. You can dress up in dog, cat, or bear outfit. They look terrifying.

I can't wait until I see this.

I wish I had the materials for the Chinese-style dresses. I love those. The idea of running around doing difficult, gritty farm work in one is hilarious.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Green Jacket posted:

I can't wait until I see this.

I wish I had the materials for the Chinese-style dresses. I love those. The idea of running around doing difficult, gritty farm work in one is hilarious.

Yeah I have been neglecting the clothing stuff and the ones I have bought are no better than what I have been wearing all game.

I just had my wedding day to Neil and had an animal born the next day and he's still a jerk to me! Pretty cool though that I can make him cook for me and apparently gather items.

Edit: Well I hadn't saved since my wedding and messed something up so I had to reload it and watch it all over again :3: Do not complete town renovation 5 the night before a festival because you get a party the next day and don't get to do anything. I missed my chicken festival and we can't have that.

Fru Fru fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

From today's Awkward Zombie.

• Locked thread