Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Thwack! posted:

I've enjoyed watching Melty Blood when it was included in EVO2K10. Shame that it won't ever happen again.

But hey, at least it'll be featured in NECXIII

rip melty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Thwack! posted:

I've enjoyed watching Melty Blood when it was included in EVO2K10. Shame that it won't ever happen again.

But hey, at least it'll be featured in NECXIII

I loving love Melty and I thought its main stage showing was boring to watch, what was it like seven maids in top 8? I don't want to disrespect players for picking their poo poo but making MBAA look like it had less variety than 3S and losing convincingly to Japan anyway was probably the worst possible outcome.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

flatluigi posted:

Drop all the games and put in WWE '13.

In a baffling display EgoRaptor defeats FChamp, MADKOF, Justin Wong, Daigo, Infiltration, and the rest of the FGC to win the Royal Rumble and challenge Ganondorf for the title of Evolution 2013 Grand Champion

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/30/3710982/capcoms-fighting-games-coming-exclusively-to-ign-pro-league-in-2013

There's some talk about this not affecting EVO, but I'm not sure.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I bet it will interfere with some majors. Also its pretty genius how Capcom figured out how to keep SFXT in the tournament circuit.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

PonchAxis posted:

I bet it will interfere with some majors. Also its pretty genius how Capcom figured out how to keep SFXT in the tournament circuit.

Will anyone show up, though? I thought that interest for the game dropped off completely after EVO.

I remember someone talking about the old casters working with the paid version of Vanguard Princess a while back. Is it already out somewhere? Gamersgate still lists it as coming soon, and it looks like something I'd try for $10 despite the art style.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Bovineicide posted:

Will anyone show up, though? I thought that interest for the game dropped off completely after EVO.

I remember someone talking about the old casters working with the paid version of Vanguard Princess a while back. Is it already out somewhere? Gamersgate still lists it as coming soon, and it looks like something I'd try for $10 despite the art style.

You know a dude like justin wong is gonna show up if he smells money in the water.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Bovineicide posted:

That's strange, it was available to buy on GG about two weeks back. Wonder why that's changed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

You know a dude like justin wong is gonna show up if he smells money in the water.

Hasn't worked for any of the MLG games, although SFxT would probably be easier money.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Bovineicide posted:

Apparently the release was a mistake, they weren't finished working on it yet. So they pulled it for now, and it will be back whenever they are done. Apparently they are working on "censoring" some aspects of the game? Maybe a requirement for them to get it on XBL, who knows.

You can still always try the free version anyway. The gameplay is actually quite good despite how embarrassing the fanservice is.

Edit- Here's the quote:

quote:

"The game was prematurely released before while we were still working on features for the game. Aside from being 100% in English, it's based off of version 1.08 (for you long-term gamers out there) with certain bugs fixed, "Child Hilda" is a playable character, and we had to clean up the objectionable content so that we won't scare away new gamers and appeal to various rating codes; other than that the game play has not changed.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 1, 2012

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Bovineicide posted:

I think that interest in SFxT got higher (not by much, but still higher) after Evo. The Capcom anniversary series started a few weeks after Evo and is 1v1 which is easier to practice for. Now there's more money up for grabs and the new patch coming up.

IPL has Capcom's support and has treated top players well this, flying people out for SxSW, San Diego Comic Con, and now IPL 5. I'm thinking attendance will be just fine, probably drawing international interest too.

edit: With Mad Catz becoming a sponsor, I'm sure they're going to be bringing in as many of their sponsored players and teams as possible. That's Daigo, Tokido, Mago, Infiltration, Laugh, Xian, and Ryan Hart at the least.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 1, 2012

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44926803&postcount=58

Lupinko said something on NeoGAF, everybody panic and run around.

Also consider how Capcom recently registered a trademark for "Fighters of Capcom," as told here http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/nov/20/capcom-registers-trademark-fighters-capcom-could-be-new-vs-title/

quanch
Dec 18, 2003
watch it be something stupid like a vita exclusive

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Watching it be something even stupider like a marketing push that ends up being nothing but a Fighters of Capcom branding on all their fighters from now on.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44926803&postcount=58

Lupinko said something on NeoGAF, everybody panic and run around.

Also consider how Capcom recently registered a trademark for "Fighters of Capcom," as told here http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/nov/20/capcom-registers-trademark-fighters-capcom-could-be-new-vs-title/
I wouldn't be surprised if it's just that mobile phone card game that apparently exists in japan coming to the US side

Also cool glitches in BBCP already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsl2hoLQ9VE

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Gutcruncher posted:

Watching it be something even stupider like a marketing push that ends up being nothing but a Fighters of Capcom branding on all their fighters from now on.
Or Capcom will sponsor a fighting game team for their own games and call them Fighters Of Capcom

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Question Mark Mound posted:

Or Capcom will sponsor a fighting game team for their own games and call them Fighters Of Capcom

The Fighters of the Fighters of Capcom.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Ghostpilot posted:

The Fighters of the Fighters of Capcom.
Capcom's Fighters of the Fighters of Capcom.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Question Mark Mound posted:

Capcom's Fighters of the Fighters of Capcom.

Version 2013 Season 2: Ultimate Capcom Fighting REMIX EDITION

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
If Joystiq is to be believed, Accent Core is supposed to be out on the 4th, for 5 bucks: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/27/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-on-north-american-psn-dec-4/

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

redmercer posted:

If Joystiq is to be believed, Accent Core is supposed to be out on the 4th, for 5 bucks: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/27/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-on-north-american-psn-dec-4/

It's $14.99, like the tweet they're talking about actually says, Joystiq just dropped the 1.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2 of the top 8 for DOA at NEC are 14 year-olds. I guess the game really hit it target audience.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

redmercer posted:

"Europeans: you'll need to "wait a bit more" for your release, says Yamanaka."

Alright buddy

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Interesting tweet from Ono: Apparently there might be something new coming for SFIV sometime soon...

http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/01/yoshinori-ono-teases-further-rebalancing-for-street-fighter-iv/

Not confirmed at all of course, but it's not like some extra polish on AE2012 is a bad thing.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Transient People posted:

Interesting tweet from Ono: Apparently there might be something new coming for SFIV sometime soon...

http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/01/yoshinori-ono-teases-further-rebalancing-for-street-fighter-iv/

Not confirmed at all of course, but it's not like some extra polish on AE2012 is a bad thing.

I thought he was fired.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I don't think so? Latest thing a google search turned up was him saying he's gonna stay on until he's fired (in the sense that he's never quitting unless he's forced to, not that he was gonna be sacked imminently). And I think he's still also working on his Super Secret Project he mentioned way back when he collapsed and gave an interview about his recovery. So this is probably worth paying attention to.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He's working on Remember Me a.k.a that one game with the leaked trailer that everyone thought was RE6 for about five minutes.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
What happened to the stream thread?

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

What happened to the stream thread?

Too big/old maybe? It's not like anyone got banned or probated or a mod posted a warning or anything.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
It's three years old! Someone should make a new one :) I'll link it in the last post if someone does.

I don't watch streams anymore, so I wouldn't make a very good new thread!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
The Fighting Game Stream Monster Thread: When's Marvel?

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

I'm working on an OP.

Let's Watch Fighting Games: Pro Cyberathletes Only?

I don't know what the thread title character limit is though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's pretty long, but I think you should keep it simple and classy: Let's keep watching pro fighting games.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Whatever you name the new stream thread put a link to it in here because I'll be too busy lazy to go look for it.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Let's Watch Pro Street Fighter NEVER DIE

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Let's Watch Pro Street Fighter: God Bless the Ring

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

Let's Watch Pro Street Fighter: God Bless the Ring

ok yeah this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just make the thread now, Chillydog got the best title.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I was gonna make one but I guess I don't have to now. I say no subtitle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Let's watch pro Street Fighter: Thank you very loving much Madcatz!

(Picture and article for those who don't get the reference even though I'm sure a majority of this thread probably got it right away)

• Locked thread