Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Is there any way to use the PS3 MadCatz fightsticks on a PC or does that require a PCB switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
If the stick doesn't work on your PC (it works on some) then you should be able to get a cheapo PCI USB hub and install that and plug the stick into there.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The later ones should just be plug-and-play. The earlier ones either don't work or require certain motherboards.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Awesome, have any of you modded them? I'm trying to decide what to get to replace the horrific WWE graphic

e: I can save powdercoat/whatever for after I'm done with the whole project, but I really won't be able to deal with looking at that.

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 16, 2012

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
GGAC+R patch coming to consoles in spring

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

ACID POLICE posted:

Awesome, have any of you modded them? I'm trying to decide what to get to replace the horrific WWE graphic

e: I can save powdercoat/whatever for after I'm done with the whole project, but I really won't be able to deal with looking at that.

3M Di-Noc

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is truth. its very durable and easy to apply with no bubbles.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!

ACID POLICE posted:

You could always download the template and try your hand at creating your own graphics if you have any artistic talent at all.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Chaos Code is out on the Honk Kong PSN store. In English apparently, but no netcode. I guess a Japanese release will follow pretty soon? Only $12 as well.

Game gets really broken at high level but you can probably get a fair amount of fun out of it in the mean time. I guess they've added the boss Kudlak as a playable character for the console release, no idea on any other balance/fixes to broken stuff though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If anyone is interested in buying Chaos Code, you can get HK cards for only $30 US.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Capcom is doing this thing: http://www.capcom.com/dsetd/

Basically a create-your-own Darkstalkers contest. Worked well enough last time for Mega Man 6 right?*

*(it did! Knight man owns)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Evil Canadian posted:

Capcom is doing this thing: http://www.capcom.com/dsetd/

Basically a create-your-own Darkstalkers contest. Worked well enough last time for Mega Man 6 right?*

*(it did! Knight man owns)

Does this mean a roster full of gothlolis :(

Viash
Mar 17, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkpWwHt6FRw

Why have I never heard of this game before and why is it arcade only? It looks hilarious. The characters just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Viash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkpWwHt6FRw

Why have I never heard of this game before and why is it arcade only? It looks hilarious. The characters just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Looks neat, but I hope the homing slow projectiles don't ruin it. What's the name of the game?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Looks neat, but I hope the homing slow projectiles don't ruin it. What's the name of the game?
Demon Bride. I remember hearing about it a while back, I think it was by the Arcana Heart team?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I really dig the design of the giant guy who has a whole octopus for an arm.

Viash
Mar 17, 2003
Yeah, it's Demon Bride (Daemon Bride technically I guess) by Examu. Looks like it's been out in arcades for years and never had a non-arcade release so RIP ever getting to play it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Does this mean a roster full of gothlolis :(

Probably just a roster full of furries. Which would be tragic anywhere else, but in Darkstalkers you'd never tell the difference. :haw:

EDIT: A more promising question might be "what Universal Pictures monster haven't they ripped off yet?" An Invisible Man might be cool, but I have no idea how you'd implement that in a fighting game.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Probably just a roster full of furries. Which would be tragic anywhere else, but in Darkstalkers you'd never tell the difference. :haw:

EDIT: A more promising question might be "what Universal Pictures monster haven't they ripped off yet?" An Invisible Man might be cool, but I have no idea how you'd implement that in a fighting game.
I suppose he's generally just a jacket and hat fighting you, but you can do a Twelve-esque special where you go invisible / strip off your clothes?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So Q with Twelve's taunt? That might make a lot of people happy, actually.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Question Mark Mound posted:

Demon Bride. I remember hearing about it a while back, I think it was by the Arcana Heart team?
Yes it was the first non-Arcana Heart game they tried to make and it bombed pretty bad. I wanna say they did a rebalance thing and re-released it for Nesica recently though. They better be release the AH3 update soon though :colbert:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

dj_de posted:

Yes it was the first non-Arcana Heart game they tried to make and it bombed pretty bad. I wanna say they did a rebalance thing and re-released it for Nesica recently though. They better be release the AH3 update soon though :colbert:

:colbert: It's disrespectful to call that anything except Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Is it disrespectful if I call it "A Pile of poo poo"? :fry:

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Brosnan posted:

Yes because it still a better fighting game than most other modern fighting games

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Brosnan posted:

You have no moeArcana Heart is good, ya'll

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Brosnan posted:

Why wouldn't that be disrespectful?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is hella cheap on both systems right now:

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/ios-vf5fs-guide-app-and-discount-on-xbl-psn-vf5fs-game.17231/

Buy this game it is :krad: as all gently caress. And please play it with me I need an XBL bro to play huge sessions with!!!

Edit: It's 600 points/$7.50 on XBL, on PSN it's 9.99 or 6.99 if you're a plus subscriber

Trykt fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 20, 2012

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
What are they selling it for right now? Would really consider getting it even though I'm lovely at 3d games. Would be more than willing to let you kick my rear end on XBL.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

kaujot posted:

What are they selling it for right now? Would really consider getting it even though I'm lovely at 3d games. Would be more than willing to let you kick my rear end on XBL.

VF is a great game to learn 3D fundamentals on, IMO. It has got the simple-to-learn, hard-to-master thing going on but turned up to 11.

Trykt you play on PS3 right??

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

If I remember right, the game has some sort of graze mechanic that lets you dash through projectiles.

If you're familiar with IaMP's bullet and graze mechanics (yeah right...), something like that but much more restricted.
Speaking of which, IaMP's mechanics were pretty unique. Amusingly, its also been hacked to have pretty much the best fighting game netcode outside of ggpo.
I keep hoping for a new one. Sadly, everything tasofro makes took a sharp nosedive after efz and iamp.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
I heard a couple months back that Tasofro was making a new Touhou FG in an entirely new engine (and ditching spellcards and weather). No idea whether it's expected to be any good but it's out there.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Yeah, 13.5 isn't shaping up to be a very good fg from what I can tell. Nice graphics and animation, though.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
So I bit the bullet and finally spend the 200+ dollars to buy all the parts for building my own stick (except the PCB, because ones capable of dual modding are apparently sold out everywhere.) I'll post up pictures in the thread when stuff arrives. I'm pretty pumped. My old V3 was starting to deteriorate. Looking forward to having my Foehammer!

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Buhbuhj posted:

Yeah, 13.5 isn't shaping up to be a very good fg from what I can tell. Nice graphics and animation, though.

General consensus seems to be that it looks like hot garbage.

Although, given that EFZ was a guilty gear clone, it looks like they're trying to clone astra superstars this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DUjUPzIfBk&t=48s

astra superstars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ocpHMQTiQ&t=200s

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Speaking of anime, this Phantom Breaker game just looks so odd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGQQJ1vFNsI

It's like they made a fast game, but then ran it in slow motion. What I said totally makes sense in my head.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

animatorZed posted:

General consensus seems to be that it looks like hot garbage.

Although, given that EFZ was a guilty gear clone, it looks like they're trying to clone astra superstars this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DUjUPzIfBk&t=48s

astra superstars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ocpHMQTiQ&t=200s

Would've guessed Psychic Force, but I had never heard of Astra Superstars until today.

At this point, it looks like the Z-Axis in 13.5 is completely superfluous and movement looks sluggish as balls.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Cross CROSS postin from VF thread:

Trykt posted:

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is hella cheap on both systems right now:

Trykt posted:

Well, gently caress.

Looks the the article I quoted may have misunderstood how the sale works, at least for Xbox live?

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-live-starting-huge-countdown-to-2013-sale-next-week

According to this, many different XBL things are going on sale for different parts of the month. VF5 is slated to be on sale on December 30th :|

Sorry! Please check it out anyway ok!!!?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Gutcruncher posted:

It's like they made a fast game, but then ran it in slow motion. What I said totally makes sense in my head.

Phantom Breaker is literally worse than SFxT.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Gutcruncher posted:

What you said totally makes sense to me too. Look at the dash jumps, they're so slow and floaty.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was literally the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Man you guys are mean, I kinda liked 12.3 and I kinda want to wait until I get my hands on 13.5 to see if it's good or not...I don't understand why they just don't make IaMP 2 though.

• Locked thread