Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Lord Chumley posted:

Bronies throw money at ANYTHING MLP related, so it may as well be for charity.

True, that is much more important anyway. Of course if you're going to rake in as much money for charity as possible, then putting up more options would be the best way to tap into more communities' wallets.

edit: Ah. Yeah, the poll. Derp. :cheers:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

One and the Same posted:

How on earth did MLP, a game which has no release date yet get on that community vote list, but BB:CP didn't?

BB:CP not only has no release date, but has no chance of having a playable version before that release date, and it's very unlikely that it will be released before Evo. The story is still being written. Combine that with all the other aspects of development (voicing, localization, setting up the console-only features) and it's unlikely we'll see BB:CP on American consoles until late this year I think.

And I say this as the person on this forum probably most excited for its release :smith:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Relambrien posted:

BB:CP not only has no release date, but has no chance of having a playable version before that release date, and it's very unlikely that it will be released before Evo. The story is still being written. Combine that with all the other aspects of development (voicing, localization, setting up the console-only features) and it's unlikely we'll see BB:CP on American consoles until late this year I think.

And I say this as the person on this forum probably most excited for its release :smith:

I'm pretty stoked for it, I OP'd a really, really terrible thread for BB:CS2 that should have probably just continued on from the previous thread. :shepface:

I was still kind of hoping for a console release by summer... which I guess is too late. :downs: Oh well, maybe 2014!

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 9, 2013

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

The EVO lineup is easily the best in recent memory. Something for everyone and the charity pissing match drama is going to be just as good as the main events!

I too am pretty excited for the next BB, but yeah, no way it is out on consoles by EVO.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As one of the top 20 Melty Blood players in Brazil*, I would love for that game to get an EVO spot again.

*note, the whole community might have around 20 people total

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I was hoping for Skullgirls or CVS2 but I'm resigned to the fact that MLP is going to be the eighth game. The bronies are absolutely inescapable but at least charity is getting some good money.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

No VF but loving Divekick? Whatever.
The list has been updated on http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/08/evo-2013-details-game-lineup-get-your-game-to-evo-and-road-to-evo-events/ The wepay for VF5 may not have been set up yet. Here's what the list of games looks like now:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (links are fixed for these now)
SFIII Third Strike, Online Edition
Virtua Fighter 5
Divekick
Melty Blood Actress Again Current
MLP: Fighting is Magic
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Dead or Alive 5
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Injustice
Skullgirls
Street Fighter II Super Turbo
Blazblue
Soul Calibur V
Darkstalkers 3

I think MLP will get the most fan support (UltraChen said someone tried donating $500k which didn't go through, but is probably a sign that people may empty out their bank accounts to give MLP a shot) but PS All-Stars will make it in with Sony support. My assumptions being that DoA5 will be at IPL so they're probably fine without being at Evo, Nether Realms/Warner Bros will back MK9 over Injustice, and Namco will back TTT2 over SC5.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Theres games that deserve the spot far more than MLP, but there would be something amazing and surreal seeing it on the big stage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dias posted:

As one of the top 20 Melty Blood players in Brazil*, I would love for that game to get an EVO spot again.

*note, the whole community might have around 20 people total
I'm the top Melty Blood player in the tristate area (i think im the only person who's ever played a video game in the tristate area) and I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FfbtOHDt8E

Someone rep some F/UC up in that.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 9, 2013

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I love Melty, but I would not run a PC game at a tournament that large.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Gutcruncher posted:

Theres games that deserve the spot far more than MLP, but there would be something amazing and surreal seeing it on the big stage.

Please bear in mind the type of person who would pay actual money to see My Little Pony on the Evo stage, and that some of us will have to actually stand next to those people.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

There is literally no way Smash Bros Melee will be at Evo, donations or not.

Equipment requirements, but more importantly the odious fanbase and what happened last time they were allowed in.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Gutcruncher posted:

Just about as surreal as seeing Divekick, I feel like.

I haven't seen anything about it in ages - is MLP even sorta close to having a full build? Last I saw there were, like, 2.5 playable characters.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Pony fighter could be an interesting comedy option, but if I were to take this list seriously, I'd choose the Guilty Gear option.

Also, do they plan on playing Melty from PC or Naomi?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Brosnan posted:

Please bear in mind the type of person who would pay actual money to see My Little Pony on the Evo stage, and that some of us will have to actually stand next to those people.

Based on the speed of development, I question if the game will be finished in time for Evo. Whether it's MLP or any game, I really don't want to see a half-baked game on the main stage of Evo. As of right now I'd probably prefer Vanguard Princess over MLP if we're talking about doing something ridiculous.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I have a sneaking suspicion MrWizard knew MLP would get the amount of support it's getting.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

What's wrong with Melty being a PC game at that level? Everyone plugs in their sticks and they project it on a big screen and that's it. Also we get to see Anime Maids duking it out.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

In other (better game) news, the japanese 3rd Strike community's annual super tournament, Co-operation Cup is this weekend, get hype yall

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2013/1/8/3rd-strike-the-11th-cooperation-cup-team-tournament-on-janua.html

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

There is literally no way Smash Bros Melee will be at Evo, donations or not.

Equipment requirements, but more importantly the odious fanbase and what happened last time they were allowed in.
What happened?

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Can the collective will of the Bronies overcome Sony's marketing budget? :ohdear:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Would rather have MLP than PAS/Smash.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
If Playstation All-Stars gets in, SFxT could move down to 2nd most boring game at EVO!

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Fishmonkey posted:

Can the collective will of the Bronies overcome Sony's marketing budget? :ohdear:
Is Sony even still trying to promote All Stars? I was under the impression they'd abandoned it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

iPodschun posted:

Here's what the list of games looks like now:

Is it sad that I would be the most excited to watch divekick? CVS2 would be cool too

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

lemonslol posted:

What's wrong with Melty being a PC game at that level? Everyone plugs in their sticks and they project it on a big screen and that's it. Also we get to see Anime Maids duking it out.

Did you watch how long it took at Final Round last year? If you think it's that easy, remind me to never enter a tournament you organize.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

that Vai sound posted:

What happened?

The Smash Community threw a massive hissy fit that Evo organisers didn't implement their utterly gigantic list of rules for 'balanced play', including banning all items and most of the stages.

There was something about thw winner being massively harassed by other 'Pro Smash' players and hassled into giving up his winnings as well, but thats hearsay AFAIK.

Basically, horrible community and the game is dull as ditchwater for non-smash players to watch as well.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I love Brawl, I like it much more than melee and still play it at least once every other week- much to the chagrin of a couple friends of mine who just insist that melee is the greatest game ever, with superior balance, faster pacing, etc. I just kind of like whacking dudes with baseball bats and winning 'without honor' (lol).

I'll probably like SSB4 even more. Because it will be in HD. :geno:

edit: Also, maining Zero Suit and starting every match by throwing suit pieces at whoever is closest. :allears:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 9, 2013

Snake_in_a_box
Aug 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING AN LP SUPERSTAR

Boxman posted:

Just about as surreal as seeing Divekick, I feel like.

I haven't seen anything about it in ages - is MLP even sorta close to having a full build? Last I saw there were, like, 2.5 playable characters.
The last build they showed off had about 4 characters done, 1 playable but not finished, and 1 selectable but not playable. I think the plan was to release the first version of the game after they finished the first 6 characters. I dunno if it'll be done by EVO but I think the dev team can cobble something together in the event that MLP wins. That being said, it's not going to win because Sony is going to dump a wad of cash on their new baby.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Spuckuk posted:

There was something about thw winner being massively harassed by other 'Pro Smash' players and hassled into giving up his winnings as well, but thats hearsay AFAIK.

It definitely happened, and not because the kid who won did something illegal or whatever, either. The Smash community is loving awful and I wouldn't want them there any more than I'd want a big swarm of bronies hanging out at the main stage.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
By the way, I really hate the idea of companies being more or less overtly allowed to buy their game into Evo. Are they actually tracking donation sources and trying to keep that from happening, or are they okay with it because no one will complain as long as it's for charity?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Fishmonkey posted:

Based on the marketing they spent for PSAS, I think even the Melty community would overcome Sony's budget.

quote:

By the way, I really hate the idea of companies being more or less overtly allowed to buy their game into Evo. Are they actually tracking donation sources and trying to keep that from happening, or are they okay with it because no one will complain as long as it's for charity?

At least it's actually OVERTLY admitted now.

Plus at least some of it will actually go to charity. Probably. I mean, it's not like they're going to be transparent about it. Or accountable.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

Brosnan posted:

The impression I got from what Mr Wizard said on Wake Up SRK was that they were resigned to the vote getting cheated somehow and figured that a charity may as well get money out of it.

LuchoVzla
Jan 4, 2013
Divekick in the EVO main stage would be loving hype, but that isn't going to happen. :(

Any way to check out how each game's doing?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I would rather watch the MLP game than Divekick.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Boxman posted:

I believe 5 out of 6 are done enough to actually work, but not done-done. To be honest I actually wanna play it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mr. Fun posted:

I would rather watch the MLP game than Divekick.

It's like people forgot how loving dull Divekick Top 8 was. It was neat as a thing they'd stream casuals of in between other games but that's about it.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Some people have a hard time letting go of dumb jokes. It's like that one friend you had who wouldn't stop quoting The Mask like six months after it came out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Divekick is a hilarious joke but it's actually very boring to watch and to play.

This is completely fine since it was never meant to really be a serious game but still.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

After last year's great showing, it's a shame Soul Calibur 5 has been dropped this year. Oh well, at least there'll be SCR to watch soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Brosnan posted:

Some people have a hard time letting go of dumb jokes. It's like that one friend you had who wouldn't stop quoting The Mask like six months after it came out.

It's me. I'm the friend that still quotes The Mask. Somebody stop me.

• Locked thread