Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Here's to hoping something big happens. I'd like to think we're due for a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

fullroundaction posted:

Here's to hoping something big happens. I'd like to think we're due for a treat.

No way, the best thing is to hope it is bland and boring and then it will always be either totally awesome or just your average entry.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

pwnyXpress posted:

No way, the best thing is to hope it is bland and boring and then it will always be either totally awesome or just your average entry.

We're due for another 10 minute video of which 9 minutes is footage of them walking in the woods.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

jerkstore77 posted:

We're due for another 10 minute video of which 9 minutes is footage of them walking in the woods.

Nah, a while back I think Troy alluded to this one being of the 14-15 minute length. Which means 10 minutes of aimless woods/hospital wandering, 4 minutes of awkward dialog, and 1 minute of bookended bumper text. Maybe Slendy or Hoody will show up and we'll get some nauseating shaky cam. Two weeks from now (after total radio silence) we'll hear that J is going back ... THIS TIME ALONE. /repeat forever

pwnyXpress posted:

Advice taken.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE
:siren: NEW ENTRY! :siren:

The Tim stuff seemed like confirming suspicions rather than adding new information. I was hoping for the plot to move forward in this one and really really hoping they'd catch Hoodie or at least interact with them in some way. Hope there's something really mindblowingly awesome on that tape.

Anyone else think Hoodie's arms-out strut looked like Alex's or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Turpentine Caz fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 24, 2013

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Turpentine Caz posted:

:siren: NEW ENTRY! :siren:

The Tim stuff seemed like confirming suspicions rather than adding new information. I was hoping for the plot to move forward in this one and really really hoping they'd catch Hoodie or at least interact with them in some way. Hope there's something really mindblowingly awesome on that tape.

Anyone else think Hoodie's arms-out strut looked like Alex's or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

It's certainly another episode that tells us the plot will go into high gear sooner or later, but that whole scene where they tried to sneak up on Hoodie was tense as gently caress and perfectly paced

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
It was a good entry but I really wish Tim had snatched ski-masky when he had the chance. Hoping the tape they found means another entry is right around the corner.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Turpentine Caz posted:

That was my first thought when he showed up (the stiff, straight back is a dead giveaway too). If this was season 1 I'd say that evidence is admissible in court ... but nowadays it might just be due to having a limited number of available actors.

That said, my money is on Alex.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tim really is the action man. "Hiding isn't going to get us anywhere." :allears:

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

I'm making things interesting!

fullroundaction posted:

That said, my money is on Alex.

If hoody is Alex then hoody wasn't always Alex. Hoody was in the shot when Timmaskman was choking the poo poo out him.

I think this entry was eluding to it being Brian. Tim and Brian seemed to hit it off when Tim moved there and Alex took both Brian and Tim to the hospital alone and (presumably) attempted to murder both.

nny_ix fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 24, 2013

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

nny_ix posted:

If hoody is Alex then hoody wasn't always Alex. Hoody was in the shot when Timmaskman was choking the poo poo out him.

I think this entry was eluding to it being Brian. Tim and Brian seemed to hit it off when Tim moved there and Alex took both Brian and Tim to the hospital alone and (presumably) attempted to murder both.

Yeah I was gonna say, I think Alex and skimasky have been on-screen at the same time. Either that or it's two different people wearing very very similar outfits which isn't out of the question but would be lame.

I agree that it sure looked like a dude in the costume, though. I've maintained since the beginning that Skimasky==Jessica but there's no reason it can't be Brian or Seth. It's also possible that it will end up being Jessica and Joseph (Alex) was the only person handy to put on the hoody for the shoot, which is why it looks so drat much like him. I realize that's starting to sound like me grasping at straws, but whatever, still going with Jessica til proven otherwise :colbert:

Not much else to add. Enjoyed the entry in its suspenseful glory, do hope they finally start moving the plot along at some point instead of just walking around Rosswood and the hospital over and over and over.

Interesting grafiti in that there hospital :) Don't think this is spoilery in any way.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

12 minutes to tell us information we already knew, follow some character to find another tape, and then lose that person.

Besides the videos being too long, this series has also just now started to meander for me. I can't believe we're at entry 66, and nothing has really happened for the last several. I also can't believe they've fallen back onto the tape deposit crutch still.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No idea if it's deliberate or not but since season 2, the pacing has been setup to be enjoyed in one sitting on a DVD as opposed to every 2-4 weeks on YouTube. S1 barely had a coherent plot, it's just "Jay watches TV and uploads the interesting bits". Each entry could almost stand entirely alone as just a creepy rear end, self-contained thing. Now there's the appearance of a story arc (ark? :downsrim:) so it's more frustrating when an individual entry doesn't advance the plot much.

At least that's my armchair critical analysis.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Oh yeah I forgot somehow that they appeared on screen together :slaps forehead:

I also didn't realize it had been over 2 months since the last entry. Didn't feel that long.

Welp I'm really hoping there's something juicy on that tape.

E: or it's Alex dressed as hoody to throw us off :tinfoil: '09

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE

fullroundaction posted:

Oh yeah I forgot somehow that they appeared on screen together :slaps forehead:

I also didn't realize it had been over 2 months since the last entry. Didn't feel that long.

Welp I'm really hoping there's something juicy on that tape.

E: or it's Alex dressed as hoody to throw us off :tinfoil: '09

For what it's worth, I got the idea that Alex has masqueraded as Hoody once before, when Hoody led Jay to the tunnel with the medical records. I can't remember what my half-baked justification for that was though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I couldn't imagine watching this season in one full sitting. You would think the DVD kept looping around to the same part.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Their use of lighting to make skimasky difficult to see in the hallways was really well done. But then it was dumb to have him walk into a room where they could easily corner him, but instead they waited.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I couldn't imagine watching this season in one full sitting. You would think the DVD kept looping around to the same part.

I really seriously hope they consider a thing called "editing" for the DVD of this season. Because yeah there's just no way it would be entertaining all at once.

7 minutes of following hoodmasky that ended in... absolutely nothing (aside from the tape). That was just... bad.

Tim's acting was fine, but it wasn't new info either. He didn't even positively confirm that he had "hallucinated" Slenderman as a kid, just that he "might have".

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009
Skimasky is deaf and Tim and Jay don't know how to walk loving quietly.

EDIT:: Came off as nit picky, but I meant it humorously.

Tennis Ball fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 24, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Tennis Ball posted:

Maybe he wanted to be followed.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Doesn't refute point 2.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Yeah there's no friggin way skimasky didn't know they were following. (S)he's been on their tail/leading them around constantly for months. Skimasky didn't just happen to be there dropping that tape in a pile of crap.

And also yeah, I had to laugh at their sneaking. It's a building full of goddamn rubble and debris, you can be heard miles away, just tackle that masked rear end in a top hat.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Wow, can you crunch on glass and debris any louder? I'm glad some of you could feel any tension in that scene but it felt like a stealth video game where for gameplay sake enemies have to be half deaf and have no peripheral vision.

I think it's interesting that Tim used to be committed at that hospital though. I'm surprised I hadn't though of that before.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

His medical files that Jay found were in the utility tunnels under it and he went there during his chest cam video, it was spelled out.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
This masked man appeared to have Brian's build to me. Then again it's been a while since I've seen him so maybe I'm imagining things.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
It would be kind of weird to bring Brian back after not really seeing him since season 1 (and kind of briefly in the beginning of 3), but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Brian being in the tapes at the beginning of season 3 along with more Hoody appearances/references in totheark's videos seems to me like it's setting it up to be Brian.

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

Liar Lyre posted:

Someone definitely failed a move silently check, meaning someone else failed their listen check. These people do NOT have their character sheets optimized for supernatural horror at all. :colbert:

But yeah, as soon as I saw the tape, I went "welp, he/she knew Tim and Jay were there all along."

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I still hold the belief that Skimasky is Jay from the future, Terminator 1 style. Every other theory is quite obviously wrong. :colbert:

e: forgot how to do words

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 24, 2013

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

Dushkani posted:

Someone definitely failed a move silently check, meaning someone else failed their listen check. These people do NOT have their character sheets optimized for supernatural horror at all. :colbert:

But yeah, as soon as I saw the tape, I went "welp, he/she knew Tim and Jay were there all along."

They've all been failing their Intuit Direction rolls for a long time now too.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

JordanKai posted:

I still hold the belief that Skimasky is Jay from the future, Terminator 1 style. Every other theory is quite obviously wrong. :colbert:

e: forgot how to do words

Nah, it's obviously fugue-state Jay from when he was dimension-hopping in Season 1. He just started out at the end of the series and is slowly working his way backwards before finally exiting back into regular chronology around episode 23 or so.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Someone made a kinda cool Slenderman t-shirt riffing on Spiderman. It's on some Woot-type flash deal site for the next couple hours, if you want to show the world how much of a sperg you are. trying to convince myself not to buy this

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Comment on the shirt:

"Two video game tees within a week? Dagnabbit..."

:reject:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tennis Ball posted:

EDIT:: Came off as nit picky, but I meant it humorously.

"oh poo poo jay we have to walk quietly behind this guy"
"alright, lead the way"
CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

I'm interested to see what's on the tape, though. Hope we get it relatively soon.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Am I the only one who thinks these entries should be a little shorter? It's the same deal with EverymanHybrid and TribeTwelve. It's like the creators feel they need to make up for the gaps between updates by making these things extra long.

I totally understand that life gets in the way of silly internet videos. The wait between videos doesn't bother me. I'm just saying I'd rather watch a 1-5 minute Slender Man video than a 15-20 minute Slender Man video. The last one from TribeTwelve is closing in on a half hour.

That being said, I hope that tape is the creepiest tape ever!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

precision posted:

I really seriously hope they consider a thing called "editing" for the DVD of this season. Because yeah there's just no way it would be entertaining all at once.

7 minutes of following hoodmasky that ended in... absolutely nothing (aside from the tape). That was just... bad.

I was waiting for a payoff that never came :(

Actually for the DVD this would play out better; a chase that ended in disappointment, followed by watching that tape, then right back into finding Hoodie [presumably]

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm interested to see what's on the tape, though. Hope we get it relatively soon.

I'm hoping that's why it took so long to get this one done, because they wanted to drop that next tape tonight. It's strange how there's no pretext/posttext, right? I think I remember an episode or two without, but I wonder if it means anything.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MH isn't nearly as bad as TribeTwelve in that regard but I do agree, 15 minutes is pushing how long I want to be staring at YouTube in one sitting. The season 3 DVD is gonna be long as hell.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Yeah 15 minutes is too long for an entry like this. Long entries are fine when they build up to something at the end, but the most important part of this one occurred in the first half. If stalking skimasky had amounted to anything (apart from the tape) it would have been a lot better.

Still, whatever's on that tape may make it worthwhile.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
As far as the DVDs go, you should try watching Season 2 before crafting an opinion. The long entries are interspersed with TTA entries so that it never feels drawn out or boring. In fact, the tension remains very high throughout. This season has longer entries, but I have a feeling it will be very similar to the S2 DVD experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
I thought you guys might like this. Their is a new vlog out, but this isn't a Slender Man one. It's The Rake

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhisperedFaith

It's really well done.

• Locked thread