Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Sharon

"I don't see why we can't take a regular bus or a taxi or something," Sharon says as she unsteadily climbs onto her ride's shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Thursday February 9 2119, 10:45PM UAE, Chinese New Year's Eve

Aspects: Dark And Stormy Night, Scarlet Gatekeeper Lockdown, Byakhee Squad

It's a desert and it's really dark. There's not much you can say about it, really.

Fortunately, you're circling above Genjii before I have to! It's... not super impressive from the sky, to be honest. The above-ground section of the bunker is just a big metal shell with a big front entrance, a loading dock and a few emergency exits. A short ways down the sandy road is a small helipad/garage, and just beyond it sits a security building. Both are cheap 3D-printed modules, because Genjii doesn't really deserve expensive addons. The whole thing is surrounded by a barbed wire fence with a gate by the security building, just in case. Aside from that there are just a few scattered crates, because crates are everywhere.

There's not much in the way of guard patrols - a couple having a smoke at the gate and a couple of lone guards doing laps around the complex are all they have, besides a few cameras. They're mostly keeping an eye out for corporate spies trying to sneak in by land, and they're not hard to spot. They probably wouldn't just kill anyone they see, but Dark River Security established a precedent for using Occult Defense laws to shoot civvies and there aren't any witnesses out here.

All you need to do is get in.

So, let's try this:

quote:

STEALTH TRACK

Stealth: OOOO

This track is "attacked" (by me!) every time you do something that might get attention - making too much noise, raising suspicion, letting a guard or camera see another guard get knocked out, etc. You can use Stealth to help mask your actions or place helpful maneuvers on the track, but you don't need it to stay hidden.

You can use any skills you think can help you get inside without being noticed. Assessing and taking out parts of the security might make it easier or give you maneuvers! Or you can just say gently caress it and kick down the door, that's good too.

The track can take consequences, which represent how close you are to being busted. Consequences would be something like...

Minor: "!"
Moderate: Base on alert
Severe: Actively searching for intruders
Taken Out: :ducksiren:

You can all take a turn in any order! I'll post a map when I wake up tomorrow if you want, but for now the outside is basically three zones in a row: Security/Gate, the Helipad and the Bunker. The interiors are their own zones. You can assume the byakhee silently land you somewhere hidden in the Helipad/Bunker zones and return to the skies without being in danger.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud has gotten himself a replacement jacket and spent some time rummaging through his belongings for potentially useful things. He isn't very sneaky, or very athletic...but he's clever and he's rich. That sort of money means having lots of useful tools. In this case...

"All right. This is some prototype software we developed a few years back for the OOI and the other intelligence services. This version was converted to work on cell phones, like an app...officially we can't have this, but I have security protocols for it. Anyway...this scans the area and can track people using a mixture of cell phone GPS scanning and minor Aristotelian magic. Short version..."

Da'ud holds his phone, which is now showing a map of the area, with green dots and arcs to show guard locations and facing.

"I know where they are and where they're looking."

6 for a Resources maneuver to have some very useful gear.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Arthur Durandall FP 0/1

Arthur lands remarkably quietly on the Genjii helipad and looks up to wait for rest of the team to land their Byakhees. It takes them a good thirty seconds longer to finally dismount, and that was after Arthur had burned some time circling the facility to get an overview of the place. He crosses his winged arms in mock impatience as the team gets back together, then leans over to look at Da'ud's phone app.

"That's for the OOI?" he murmurs, speech somewhat muffled by trying to keep quiet with an inhuman mouth. "Mind if I take a look at that?"

He finds himself rapidly switching between Da'ud's phone and looking out over the complex, using thermal and sonar to try to locate where the guards are...and more importantly, where they are not.

"You think we could slow down the good doctor if we found the power and shut it down?" he asks, adding the local generators to the list of "stuff to locate."

Investigation +5 to locate interesting information, like which bits are really guarded and where the place gets electricity from. Locating people and power: 4dF+5 2. And I don't have a goddamn FATE point!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Maximina von Gilgamesh FP=3

Maximina leaps off her Byakhee and lands on the helipad, surveying the desert scene. It's a balmy February 18°C in Dubai, so she doesn't feel at all out of place in shorts and a summer blouse. She lowers her glasses and gazes out into the night with gleaming predator's eyes.

"I think that if we could turn off the lights, we could go through these guys like a sodding knife through butter," she opines. She puts away her heavy revolver in favor of a small, stubby black pistol with an integral suppressor. "If one of you lot can kill the cameras, I can clear a path to the door." She hops down off the helipad and darts out into the night, moving so fast the eye has trouble tracking her as she darts from conveniently placed stack of crates to conveniently placed stack of crates.

the Most Dangerous Game: Metal Gear Solid Edition: 4dF+4 5

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

6 for a Resources maneuver to have some very useful gear.

Davin Valkri posted:

Investigation +5 to locate interesting information, like which bits are really guarded and where the place gets electricity from. Locating people and power: 4dF+5 2. And I don't have a goddamn FATE point!

Here's a lovely map! White = some kind of entryway. Keep in mind they are running as dark as possible to avoid drawing attention, so there aren't any floodlights or anything. Both modules are two stories tall. The helipad has a radio tower, and there's a generator/fuse box at the back on the second floor, because this will totally protect it from interference. The security module keeps their power stuff on the inside.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 21, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Sun Yue

Yue drops from her byakhee looks around, and spots a bunch of antennae near the helipad. "I'll go mess with their communications! That's the key to victory. I read that somewhere I think." Yue looks up at it for a moment, hands on her hips. She closes her eyes and takes a moment to meditate, then turns to go. She takes a few steps, realizes something, stops, turns back around, and meditates properly this time. Nodding to herself, she then paces off some room so she can get a running start. The guards don't seem to really notice, though. Some kind of shinigami trick?

Yue takes up a sprinter's stance so she can get the speed necessary to get up there. When she takes off, she seems to suddenly flash up the radio tower without bothering with the intervening distance. Once up there, she proceeds to shut things down by the most expedient method - hitting whatever buttons look promising or smashing it up if that doesn't work.

Invoking When You Snatch the Peb- Oh. Uh, Next Lesson! to fix a crappy roll for the Sora no Kokei. Cloaking field up!

Athletics: 4dF+57 46
Sora no Kokei (Will): 4dF+3 2
Sora no Kokei (Will) Fate Point!: 4dF+3 4

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Mina Fisher

"Here, I can ha - no, wait!"

Before Mina can finish, the crazy chinese girl is already damaging their electronics.

Instead, she starts examining the info the others give with a bit of electronic investigation to gather a good idea of how this place is set up, and where it's strengths and weaknesses might be.

Burglary for Casing: 4dF+4 3

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon dismounts her Byakhee with relish, which is entirely different that the relish Big Mina applies in the same situation. Smoothing her clothes and hair infrastructure, the pop starlet surveys this new place. Not the worst joint she's performed in.

It takes her a few minutes of watching everyone as they scuttle and scurry about, but eventually she's got their patterns down. Bobbing her head in time, Sharon snakes along, trying to keep as many of the crew in her line of sight as possible as she begins an ancient, arcane beatbox pattern. Semi-industrial sounds lilt in and out of existence, threading through the natural noise of the bunker. So long as no one's dumb enough to make an outright racket, it should help cover the sounds they make.

Create an advantage 4 to invoke a sound-related aspect to mask the team: Walk Without Rhythm

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Invoking When You Snatch the Peb- Oh. Uh, Next Lesson! to fix a crappy roll for the Sora no Kokei. Cloaking field up!

Athletics: 4dF+57 46
Sora no Kokei (Will): 4dF+3 2
Sora no Kokei (Will) Fate Point!: 4dF+3 4

So basically, I'm having the stealth track defend at +2 and rolling what seems appropriate for the action for attack. Taking out their radio tower is a pretty big thing, but so far it's only one event and not one in a series of technical issues, plus Sun Yue has magic shinigami don't-get-noticed powers. So I'm attacking at +4.

Disabling Comms: 4dF+4 5 4dF+2 3

Stealth: OXOO
Comms disabled!

Sun Yue lands on the balcony with the fuse box, just outside a room with an aging second-hand generator. Flicking a few switches turns off the radio tower, which messes with their comms pretty bad; you can only get like, one bar out here max.

A minute later, the back door of the security module opens briefly and a grumbling guard steps out to go see if it's their equipment crapping out on them again.

Maximina finds some nice crates to stay behind while she waits for her moment! She places Start To Crate, which she can tag to help take a guard out or hide while she does other stuff.

There's a network of security cameras with a decent range of vision modes, but they are mostly focused on the desert beyond the base and the entrances. Also, they sweep left to right in wide arcs and aren't always looking at important keypads and other units.

Mina places Insecurity System.

Desty posted:

Create an advantage 4 to invoke a sound-related aspect to mask the team: Walk Without Rhythm

And Sharon places Walk Without Rhythm, which should help you delay the inevitable!

That is everyone. New turn!

Ettin fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 23, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sun Yue

Sun Yue watches the guard approach and waits for him to go check the fuse box. Once he's engrossed by that, she draws Fate Defying Virtue and walks up behind him. She raises the sword, and brings down the pommel on the back of his head to knock him out.

Knock Out! and Shinigami Bullshit: 4dF+5 6 4dF+3 4

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Arthur Durandall FP 0+1/1

With Ettin's agreement, self-compelling "Old Office Interconnections". Now at least one of the guards is someone Arthur knows, and he's tipped them off to a potential supernatural attack on a site critical to planetary security, so they have access to Stross Prime weapons. :getin:

With everybody else securing the area immediately around the helipad, Arthur stretches his wings and heads for the security outpost at the front of the site. As he overflies the two guards at the gate, his heart starts sinking. One of them very obviously has glowing runes carved into the side of his rifle, which Arthur recognizes from his OOI days as part of the Stross Prime sequence. He also recognizes it because it hurts to look at for very long. The Eldritch Society had told him about them, said that for some reason they couldn't figure out, Stross Prime spells and weapons turned Tagers into hamburger in nothing flat. He'd have to be very careful not to get caught. And the other...

"Bunder?!"

The other man is carrying a Stross Prime marked pistol, and wearing a body armor torso section marked "OOI SOG" in big fluorescent letters, with "Bunder, J." written above that in smaller black letters. Dammit, Jakob Bunder might have been part of the OOI field ops, but he was a good guy. Appreciated the handlers, chatted freely at lunch, bought lots of boxes of donuts. He and his team must have been assigned to help reinforce Dark River Security against an expected attack, but there's no way he could know that Dr. Watanabe was deceiving them...

He lands quickly for a moment by Da'ud and jabs a finger at one of the glowing dots on his cellphone.

"Listen, some of these guys are OOI," he whispers tensely. "DON'T KILL THIS ONE, he's an old acquaintance of mine and I'd much rather he not come to harm."

Warning given, he takes off again, circling around and trying to get inside the security shack from the side opposite the gate as fast as he can.

That's the "south" white line on the "west" building on the map. Rolling Athletics for speed and Stealth to stay undetected: Get into the shack quickly and quietly (Athletics, Stealth): 4dF+5 4 4dF+4 4.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon leans in over Little Mina's shoulder. "What do we do now? I've never broken into a hidden secret base. Usually I'm trying to get out."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

Mina rolls her eyes at Arthur!

"If you'd LISTEN to me, we can do this without killing anyone. It's like you all never didn't break into no high security laboratory before. Sharon, you stay here, maybe help nerdwizard do nerdmagic. I'm going to see if I can get into the security area and take over their system. Systems. All the systems."

And with that, Mina takes off in a less sky high manner then Arthur, trying to get into the same building.

STEALTH: 4dF+3 4

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

It should be easy enough to determine where the ritual itself is, between the map and the arcane knowledge Da'ud has.

"We might be able to avoid some trouble if we can just go to the right place first off..."

And so he focuses, trying to sense where power is being gathered.

Lore: 4. Maneuver trying to place the Aspect 'We Know Where To Go' or something similar, so that we can get through the stealth section without getting too much attention.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Nice and quiet! Let's see if anyone notices he's not coming back any time soon:

Guard: 4dF+3 5 4dF+2 1

Stealth: OXOX

Davin Valkri posted:

Rolling Athletics for speed and Stealth to stay undetected: Get into the shack quickly and quietly (Athletics, Stealth): 4dF+5 4 4dF+4 4.

Rolling for two strangers quietly entering the security building!

Security Room: 4dF+3 5 4dF+2 2

That's either OXXX or XXOX, depending on whether you want to tag Walk Without Rhythm or something.

The security building has a few rooms, mostly empty or boring. The systems room is in a front corner, and if she peers through the door Mina can see a guard watching security camera feeds in here and eating a late snack. The building can be shuttered, but right now it has a lot of open windows, so you'll have to be careful where you go or the gate guards will see you.

Mors Rattus posted:

Lore: 4. Maneuver trying to place the Aspect 'We Know Where To Go' or something similar, so that we can get through the stealth section without getting too much attention.

Da'ud can feel the greatest concentration of power underground, under the piles of crates opposite the helipad. You can get there via the bunker! Da'ud is pretty sure any door will take them there easily, not just the heavily warded double doors at the end of the road.

Sharon and Maximina!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon stalks up to Da'ud. "Where are we going?"

I got nothin'.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina von Gilgamesh FP=3

Maximina flits through the near darkness, stalking one of the guards; compared to the prey her father taught her to hunt, this is cake and biscuits. When the guard near the north bunker entrance nears one of the stacks of crates, she gives the top crate a good, hard shove, collapsing it onto him, then darting away.

Weaponized Crate Action: Weapons + Start to Crate: 4dF+5=4

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Weaponized Crate Action: Weapons + Start to Crate: 4dF+5=4

Totally looks like an accident! Will anyone notice???

Crate!: 2#4dF+2 1 2

Nope!!

Stealth: XXOX

Everyone gets another turn! If Mina gets the cameras someone can get one of the bunker doors open without really worrying about the Stealth track unless that other guard shows up.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

Mina gives a sharp, victorious grin, and nods at Arthur, then at the guard, and makes a motion of mock-stricking herself in the back of the head.

At the same time, she readies one of her metatags to throw out incase things go poorly.

Gonna do my HACKAN after Arthur takes out this guard. Readying one of my undefined programs to try and absorb a bad stealth roll.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Arthur Durandall FP 1-1/1

Arthur nods at Mina's signal, then swiftly and (hopefully) quietly sneaks up behind the guard for a knockout tap.

Come on, come on...! KO the guard...quietly, please! (Fists, Stealth): 4dF+2 2 TAGGING WHISPERS IN THE DARK 4 4dF+4 4. Come on, work!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Davin Valkri posted:

Come on, come on...! KO the guard...quietly, please! (Fists, Stealth): 4dF+2 2 TAGGING WHISPERS IN THE DARK 4 4dF+4 4. Come on, work!

Adding a bit of armour since you invoked Whispers In The Dark:

KO!: 2#4dF+2 2 0

Arthur knocks him out with a minimum of fuss! Mina can access the computers.

Stealth: XXOX

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sun Yue

Yue makes sure the knocked out guard at the tower isn't going to fall off, then climbs down and walks across to the guard hut, taking up a position around a corner from the two guards outside of it. She waves a hand at Maximina, then points at the guard further from her, knocks on her head, and gives Max a thumbs up.

Sora no Kokei (Will): 4dF+3 1
Sora no Kokei (Will): 4dF+3 3 Fate Point!

These rolls :staredog: Invoking No Minute Like the Last Minute. Placing the maneuver Tag Team Action!
Fate Points: 1

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

With the guard down it's only a matter of seconds until Mina has full control of their security. She boosts the signal to give herself access to it via wifi to boot!

hacking: 4dF+4 6

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina von Gilgamesh FP=3 2

Maximina watches Sun Yue's directing glance and nods. Eschewing filthy foreign martial arts, Maximina has confiscated a broken slat from the crate she dropped on the other guard and she carries it over her shoulder like a cricket bat. On Sun Yue's signal, she drops down from above just behind the guard and swings for the wicket.

Weapons + Tag Team Action = Cricket is a stupid, stupid sport: 4dF+5 2 OMG that is terrible, spending Fate point to reroll: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/95398] 4dF+5 4 Why do you hate me, random chance?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Ouch: 2#4dF+2 5 2

Stealth: XXXX

Oh no! If it takes another hit, it'll have to take a consequence.

Oh wait. :negative:

Well, since there's only one dude left and I doubt he will be able to alert anyone, I am calling off the stealth conflict until you get inside. Or maybe FOR EVER.

While Sun Yue and Maximina knock out the last two and the last guy looks at his guard friend and exclaims "Dude, what the gently caress did you do?!", Mina gives herself Wireless Security Privileges and puts the surface on lockdown. Now nobody in Genjii will know they're being infiltrated.

What now?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon skulks behind a crate, content to let the others pummel and shoot to their hearts content. Until the time came to do something interesting, she had a game of Miniscule Towers to attend to.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina von Gilgamesh FP=2

Maximina raps on the big steel door to the main bunker with her improvised bat. "It's nerdlocked," she complains. "Can one of you lot nerd it open?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

Mina makes her way over to the others at the door.

"Our actual nerd, richboy over there, probably can't do it without, like, ten hours and some bat poop and other junk. Fortunately you have moi, and I CAN use my incredible natural abilities to surpass just about anything to unlock it."

Hackin'!: 4dF+4 5

Mina adds the tiniest of programs as she hacks the door - when the door opens, an AR banner flashes above it pronouncing her to be "the greatest."

"See? The door agrees."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon is giving Little Mina such a look. "Do you really need external validation from a door?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud examines the door, then at Mina. Then back at the door.

"That's an electronic lock, Mina. I could unlock it in about two seconds."

Pause.

"I can't promise that the lock would ever work again, of course. But it would be unlocked."

Pause.

"Also it would probably blow at least three breakers."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Arthur Durandall FP 0/1

After dragging in Bunder and his friend to the security shack, tying them up with some computer cords, and locking them in the broom closet, Arthur shakes his head at Mina's little stunt.

"Glad to see you need to reaffirm that every waking moment. Oh, and--"

With a sudden dash, he flies off and grabs the final conscious guard in a chokehold.

"You all missed one."

Is this a roll or not, since everybody else seems to be relaxed?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I don't think it matters, since we're mostly waiting for Ettin to tell us what's behind the Life Coach Door.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
You knock out the last guard and sneak in!

Thursday February 9 2119, 10:55PM UAE, Chinese New Year's Eve

Aspects: Hakurei Industries Research Facility, Hastily Retrofitted 90s Tech, Bigger Than It Needs To Be

How to create a standard Hakurei Industries research bunker:

• Build a really good research facility a decade or two ago, during the good period after the Arcology Riots when you're not bankrupt or having to extort money from business partners
• Build it with cheaper but still good technology rather than cutting-edge stuff
• Build it in the desert, far enough away to not get the authorities mad at you for endangering civilians but close enough for cost-effective transport
• Use it for five years
• Decide not to upgrade technology to save money
• Wait until an experiment in improved Yin-Yang Orbs blows a chunk out of it because your safeties are aging
• Spend money on repairs, then retire the facility rather than spend more money on upgrading technology
• Let it sit for years, until repairing it becomes cost-effective
• Send a team to clean it up and slap something new together with cheaper but still good technology

And here you are, looking at the results. This is some pre-Riot architecture poo poo here. The place is relatively empty, because the bunker was designed to run multiple experiments at once and not just one, but that doesn't mean every corridor is going to be undefended and unmanned.

You're going to have to find some stairs down or something, but you know the general direction of the experiment. The rooms up here are either support rooms with maintenance equipment, temporary offices and dropped-off supplies, or offices that would have been high-tech twenty years ago that people have mostly entered to swipe old laptops for their kids.

How do you want to handle this?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina von Gilgamesh Fp=2 1

Maximina strides in confidently, on the basis that she's foreign, armed, and has a belly full of arcanic goodness. She dives into the first unlocked room, emerging a few moments later wearing thick, black, rectangular glasses.

"Hah! Look, people. I found nerd camouflage. Nerdoflauge." She pushes the door open to reveal a coat room, chock full of labcoats, dusty black binders full of HR regs, and a minifridge filled with lunchboxes with people's names on them. There's also a few plastic ID tag holders, sans ID cards. "We can use this to move around undetected."

Maximina dons a labcoat, and pulls her long red hair back into an unflattering ponytail. Picking up a clipboard, she blinks at Mina and Da'ud owlishly through the coke-bottle glasses. "What do you think? Could I pass for one of your kind?"

Spending a fate point to declare that we find makeshift disguises.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sun Yue

Yue makes a bee-line for the minifridge. "Max, why do you keep telling everyone you're not a nerd all the time? It's like you're afraid someone will mistake you for one." She rummages some. "Oh! Chicken curry! And iced chai! Score!"

Snacks secured, Yue makes an indifferent attempt at disguise, putting on a labcoat and some safety glasses.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon has a spring in her step and a faint smile on her face as she strides around the bunker. This place is like a little slice of home to her.

Not that it makes her any more comfortable around Big Mina. The pop star carefully avoids going near the old uniforms and lab coats.

Gonna lean on Death on Two Legs if anyone questions Sharon as to what the hell she's doing here.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Spending a fate point to declare that we find makeshift disguises.

Maximina places the scene aspect Nerdouflage. Nobody is going to bug you unless you start acting really suspicious, and even then Maximina gets a free tag on the aspect.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 1, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud - FP: 2

Da'ud grimaces. "Max, Max, Max..." He shakes his head. "I suppose you might pass for a new hire, but..."

He looks her over, shaking his head. "Give me a moment, this just isn't you. I mean, trust me when I tell you that we can be academic and still look good. Give me just a moment..."

Da'ud's 'moment' turns out to be about five to ten minutes adjusting Maximina's labcoat, cleaning the glasses and slightly altering the ponytail to a more flattering one. At the end, he steps back, smiling. "There. Much better. Now you look amazing again."

And then another five minutes with his own outfit. Now, rather than simply being stylish, he is rocking nerd chic, having gone out of his way to make the labcoat look good. (He even removed a few buttons to help with that.)

Compel of Dubai Style. We simply don't do plain and ugly here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Arthur Durandall FP 0/1

The untransformed Arthur does his best to fit an old outsized labcoat over his normal clothing. Talking like a scientist was easy--it would be like being an OOI analyst, they briefed them on the basics, only with a less-cool coat and more hands-on laboratory work--but looking like one would be a pain.

"Hey Da'ud," he says after the other man finishes gussying himself up. "Wanna help me out here?"

I don't have an FP, and no obvious compel, but Arthur will be leaning on Wake Up, Go to Work, Help Fight Cults to try to blend in.

• Locked thread