Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Minorities posted:

They did this for 8 years while Bush was in power. They are fascists.

Here are the brave ones:

Daniel Akaka (D-HI)
Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Robert Byrd (D-WV)
Lincoln Chafee (R-RI)
Kent Conrad (D-ND)
Jon Corzine (D-NJ)
Mark Dayton (D-MN)
Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Russell Feingold (D-WI)
Robert Graham (D-FL)
Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
James Jeffords (I-VT)
Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
Carl Levin (D-MI)
Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
Patty Murray (D-WA)
Jack Reed (D-RI)
Paul Sarbanes (D-MD)
Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
Paul Wellstone (D-MN)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)

These people voted against a resolution and were ostracized for it. George W has done more harm to our foriegn policy than any standing president. The whole of africa hates us. The whole of S.america hates, doubly so becuase the FIA request shows how lovely we are at installing a dictator, hate us. China hates us because we tariff them. Russias, well russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You mean unilaterally invading a country and confirming that UN authority cannot trump 'might is right' was a bad precedent of the 21st century? :newlol:

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Reminder...

webcastonelive.com

Is it just me or have cowboy hats become the Republican fedora?

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
I believe the phrase 'all hat and no cattle' applies nicely here.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

So decided to record what I could of the stream and chat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8fxPRsjnY

I uploaded 720p but youtube is only taking it as 480. Anyway it's readable fullscreen and I'll try to get a better layout for next time, was a bit rushed setting up.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Classic Wonder Showzen bit was the kid walking around New York dressed as Hitler asking 'what's wrong with the youth of today?'

To a guy in a cowboy hat: 'Whose hat represents more oppression, yours or mine?'

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

Father Jack had a brief, if inarticulate stay on TPC this afternoon:

Von Bek fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 26, 2013

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Von Bek posted:

Father Jack had a brief, if inarticulate stay on TPC this afternoon:

"Enjoy your Last Supper"? Wow, threatening the president's life while inadvertently comparing him to Jesus. :downsbravo:

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

At least at my college, it was lack of interest.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Neptr posted:

At least at my college, it was lack of interest.

My high school did when I was there and still does. :shrug:

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

zylche posted:

So decided to record what I could of the stream and chat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8fxPRsjnY

I uploaded 720p but youtube is only taking it as 480. Anyway it's readable fullscreen and I'll try to get a better layout for next time, was a bit rushed setting up.

Is that chatroom visible to everyone TPC'er watching the feed, or is it something you set up while a bunch of goons watched? Cause it looks like there isn't a single real person in there.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
Are we sure if Sylly Wabbit is real or not?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
One of my co workers is a legit member of the TPC. Should I be worried? :ohdear:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

AfterFather posted:

One of my co workers is a legit member of the TPC. Should I be worried? :ohdear:

Maybe they're a double double agent.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mitchicon posted:

There's a link to this thread in the old one, and several posts noting that there is a new threat. I mean, they're stupid, but not that stupid.

Wait, that was a joke right?

If there's one thing I've learned from these guys is that you can NEVER underestimate the bounds of their stupidity.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 26, 2013

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Nice Davis posted:

Is that chatroom visible to everyone TPC'er watching the feed, or is it something you set up while a bunch of goons watched? Cause it looks like there isn't a single real person in there.

There is a "chat" button on the video feed, publicly available for any TPC-er to click, but I guess they didn't because the only people in the room were goons. There was a mod who was kicking people out for swearing (even though the system automatically puts **** over any "naughty words") but other than that as you can see much mocking of the amateur production values was happening.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Stultus Maximus posted:

My high school did when I was there and still does. :shrug:

Yeah, I don't get this, because there are tons of high school rifle teams out there (probably don't hear much about them because it's part of the JROTC program most of the time, though).

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.

Red Crown posted:

Not quite. Fascism, boiled down, is "state as hero". Now, common elements definitely include a severe "us v. them" mentality and a war against "the enemy within" (lol undesirables). The slice of the Tea Party represented by TPC strikes me as a group that would easily idolize a state as long as they approved of it. I could very easily see one of those proposed Libertarian fortress towns becoming its own fascist entity. In short, TPC isn't fascist because it lacks the all-important government entity and leader to rally around, but that's really the only thing separating it from fascism.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

The Constitutional President of the United States.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Constitution Party - as seen in Margaret Atwood's 'The Handmaid's Tale'!

Mafic Cloud
Feb 15, 2013

AfterFather posted:

Yes, very. You've seen the idiocy of the real people there, right? You've seen their stance on the 2nd Amendment, right? Be very very afraid. Never talk politics, and never, ever admit that you're here in SA. :eek:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if, now that the FBI knows about these guys (or at least someone there does), I wonder if there are FBI cover accounts, and if there are, would we ever know which account they are...

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Are we sure if Sylly Wabbit is real or not?

He friended me on my sleeper before I passed it on to someone else. Tried chatting me up a bit. Seemed legit to me, just a bit goofy.

ViggyNash posted:

I wonder if, now that the FBI knows about these guys (or at least someone there does), I wonder if there are FBI cover accounts, and if there are, would we ever know which account they are...

I'd guess they probably do have active accounts, but for watching, not poo touching. If a threat seems credible enough that it warrants further action, they probably have other, better ways of engaging the poo than those accounts.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 26, 2013

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
Saw this pop up on the global feed.

V for Vendetta, about gays.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr Darcy posted:

To be at least a little fair V for Vendetta does have a pretty strong pro-gay message, but yeah that's missing the forest for the trees.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr Darcy posted:

I hope Anon doesn't see this, this is likely to stir up some response. They have a certain hatred for the Tea Party/GOP in general.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Is there really anyone who sees that mask and thinks of Guy Fawkes before either anonymous or V for Vendetta?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Mr Darcy posted:

Maybe this genius is going to get a visit from a government official due to him openly outing himself as a member of the hacking group?

It's one thing to post the picture, or hell even post a picture of you wearing the mask. It's kind of another to post "expect us".

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Milky_Sauce posted:

Maybe this genius is going to get a visit from a government official due to him openly outing himself as a member of the hacking group?

'It's just a picture, guys!'

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

Is there really anyone who sees that mask and thinks of Guy Fawkes before either anonymous or V for Vendetta?

British people?

Isabelle Caramel
Jun 23, 2008
When the thread went down, I ended up making a tumblr to host all of the images and other tea party wankery. Now that the thread is back it isn't as necessary, but it's still nice to have a more public place to put screenshots. I made it a group tumblr, meaning that if you want to help me keep TPC records, please PM me! You have to have a tumblr but you can easily make a quick fake one if needed. FYI, the same rules in the OP apply to the tumblr. Nothing illegal, just the funny stuff. If you'd like to contribute but don't feel like becoming a member, you can also send in submissions. The link is shittpcsays.tumblr.com.

Mods, if this is against the rules, please let me know and I will delete it!

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.
It is infuriatingly difficult to maintain anything resembling cover on this site. My plan is to slowly become their leader and get elected president.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Dr_Amazing posted:

I don't get why they would want to compare themselves to an insane terrorist that was meant to be as bad as the government he fought, expected the crowd of people wearing his mask to get shot, and readily admitted that his actions might lead to the deaths of everyone in the country.

Oh wait. They only saw the movie.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I don't get why they would want to compare themselves to an insane terrorist that was meant to be as bad as the government he fought, expected the crowd of people wearing his mask to get shot, and readily admitted that his actions might lead to the deaths of everyone in the country.

Oh wait. They only saw the movie.

I enjoy pointing this out to everyone who uses that Guy Fawkes mask.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Nice Davis posted:

That chatroom is visible to everyone and yea it was mostly goons making GBS threads it up. I'm pretty sure they started getting moderators in because I kept on just cursing to myself until others joined in. They don't like me :smith:

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Wet and ready posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

The Constitutional President of the United States.

Holy poo poo, please, someone run against this guy on TPC.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Predator Drone was adorable :3: You can violate my rights any day

Nice Davis posted:

And of course all the various Bowmans: Blueman, Snowman, Fro-man, Beyonceman, Lil' Mikey (?) Bowman, etc.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Hazo posted:

Predator Drone was adorable :3: You can violate my rights any day

As if you had a choice.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

I laughed so godamn hard at this Bowrush. We need a Juniorush or a Guzdarush.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Milky_Sauce posted:

It's one thing to post the picture, or hell even post a picture of you wearing the mask. It's kind of another to post "expect us".

The FBI doesn't visit people for appropriating imagery from something as loosely defined as anonymous. "Outing yourself as a member of a hacking group" seems helluva hyperbolic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Oh God, I think I found former goon Djynn Flyssa there, or someone pretending to be him at least.

The Yoshi fucker, at least. Is that one of you guys? Or is it really him? If it's actually him I'm gonna die laughing.

Comedy goldmine thread for those who don't know.

• Locked thread