Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Haraksha posted:

Still waiting for XboxPants to clarify his position on animation not inherently meaning motion.

If you're going to be that technical, no, it doesn't, like Evil Fluffy referred to, the basic meaning is to "bring to life", coming from the same root as the word "animal". It's a synonym for "lively", as in "full of life", like "an animated conversation".

So while it can refer to motion, and that's probably the most common use, and it is, of course, what it typically refers to in a video game context, no, it does not inherently mean that.

Overall, though, you guys are just flat out wrong when you say "animated" can be used to mean what I've said. People do use the word in the way I'm suggesting. Here is one of the examples I referenced earlier:

http://gamingtrend.com/2012/03/13/tales-of-grace-f-launches-today/

quote:

Until then take a look at the collection of screens below showing off the game’s beautiful animated style of graphics.

His meaning is clear as poo poo. There is no way a screenshot could show off motion. He's saying it looks like a god damned cartoon.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Let's say I get hired as an animator for a game company. What do you think my job entails?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Let's say I get hired as an animator for a game company. What do you think my job entails?

In that case, you obviously do make stuff move. Context is key.

edit: Someone that just drew static assets would be a painter or something like that. "Animated" was definitely a poor word choice on their part. "Beautiful hand-drawn/painterly/etc" would have been much better, and more clear. It's very unusual to describe the style of the art assets as "beautifully animated" for a game. "Animated style", like the GamingTrend post used, is more clear. "Cartoon style"/"Anime Style"/"Painting Style" is clearer still.

(obviously when I say anime, I'm referring to the anime game that I just posted, not the ouya game)

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 27, 2013

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

XboxPants posted:

His meaning is clear as poo poo. There is no way a screenshot could show off motion. He's saying it looks like a god damned cartoon.

Nobody's arguing against this, they're arguing against you saying:

XboxPants posted:

Perhaps, when they used the term "animated" they were referring the hand-drawn cartoon animation style of the art.

When they 100% certainly were not.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

XboxPants posted:

In that case, you obviously do make stuff move. Context is key.

edit: Someone that just drew static assets would be a painter or something like that. "Animated" was definitely a poor word choice on their part. "Beautiful hand-drawn/painterly/etc" would have been much better, and more clear. It's very unusual to describe the style of the art assets as "beautifully animated" for a game. "Animated style", like the GamingTrend post used, is more clear. "Cartoon style"/"Anime Style"/"Painting Style" is clearer still.

(obviously when I say anime, I'm referring to the anime game that I just posted, not the ouya game)

So when are you getting your OUillillYA bro?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Uncle Jam posted:

So when are you getting your OUillillYA bro?

If they ship in late March, probably some time in April, I guess?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Wow that footage of the game Freelance Cosmonauts blew me away. You're fighting against NASA(which means No Awesome Space Adventures in the game) because they don't want people to do awesome stuff in space. So you take on quests given by an assorted cast of locals and many of the missions play like miniganes which are based on different genres of other games. However the main game itself looks like it plays like an 3rd person adventure game. But yeah NASA is waging a war of boring against Space Adventurers because space is not supposed to be fun or ridiculous because there's an outside chance that zainy antics will bring about the end of the universe by making science cry. So you the disgraced Astronaut are cast out by NASA for breaking too many rules and so you head out on your own, becoming the thing that you once swore to defeat, a Space Adventurer. Their ship building aspect seems to be directly ripped from kerbal Space Program, however it's not as physics based or as deep. You pick up your first parts from garbage strewn about the area they kick you out from(very reminicent from Judge Dredd's No Man's Land that exists outside the city walls). As you progress you're supposed to get better and flashier space parts, unlock more ship features, and get crew members by completing tasks. However the Ship just servers as a base of operations(i.e. saving, talking to other crew members, buying items) for the most part and some rail shooter flight segments. I'd say the art style is like someone took Al Jaffee and Robert Crumb and threw them in a blender. Stuff looks outright grotesque at times, but it transfers well into 3D and keeps the charm.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
I have literally no idea which of those words is a joke.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

theflyingorc posted:

I have literally no idea which of those words is a joke.

You should just assume all the words in this thread are a joke.

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
I for one am disappointed that no one has a working NBA Jam released on the Boomshakalaka. :colbert:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

XboxPants posted:

So while [animation] can refer to motion, and that's probably the most common use, and it is, of course, what it typically refers to in a video game context, no, it does not inherently mean that.

Are you trying to say that when people talk about animation in video games, they don't talk about motion?

People are making fun of that ghost game because it was judged as "beautifully animated", when the video shows that there was only one single frame (girl standing facing right) used to stimulate the girl climbing the stairs, among others. It's not "beautiful" which is being contended (or whether the frames were anime or cartoon or anything), it's "animated", because there was no animation in the movement at all!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Are you trying to say that when people talk about animation in video games, they don't talk about motion?

This is the post that you read that made you ask that question:

XboxPants posted:

[animation] can refer to motion, and is what it typically refers to in a video game context

I don't know how much clearer I can say it than "[Animation] typically refers to motion in a video game context".

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

XboxPants posted:

If you're going to be that technical, no, it doesn't, like Evil Fluffy referred to, the basic meaning is to "bring to life", coming from the same root as the word "animal". It's a synonym for "lively", as in "full of life", like "an animated conversation".

So while it can refer to motion, and that's probably the most common use, and it is, of course, what it typically refers to in a video game context, no, it does not inherently mean that.

It both does inherently mean that, and they used it incorrectly given their context, so even your twisted fantasy land where animated could have other meanings, they were wrong and laughably, ironically so.

Do you do somersaults and handsprings in real life, or are you satisfied with the ridiculous mental gymnastics you perform on the daily to keep believing in the purity of Ouya? I'm pretty sure Gandhi was less committed to an independent India than you are to Ouya-championing.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

XboxPants posted:

Overall, though, you guys are just flat out wrong when you say "animated" can be used to mean what I've said. People do use the word in the way I'm suggesting. Here is one of the examples I referenced earlier:

I'm just quoting this for posterity because the number of mental backflips being performed has to be record setting.

Here's the first sentence from the wiki article on animation:

quote:

Animation is the rapid display of a sequence of images to create an illusion of movement.

If we look at dictionary.com, we get your "lively" definition, but that's clearly not referring to cartoons or any kind of media, but instead is referring to people and behavior, as in, "Boy, that guy sure is animated! He's a ton of fun at parties." Now, that's clearly not what we're talking about in this context. And that particular context is so far removed from what animation means in the context of media that we shouldn't even need to discuss it. Given the context of images, I think we can safely say that we're by default using the definition "the state or condition of being animated" which itself refers to "the appearance of movement".

There is no definition of animated that refers to "cartoon art style". Period. It doesn't exist except in your delusional world. We are either talking about something that is lively (again, implying motion or activity) or to the creation of the illusion of movement. That's it. Anyone who uses the word to refer to static images is either using the word incorrectly, or implying how lifelike the image appears to be in a strictly metaphoric sense. They are not saying the image is cartoony.

So, do you really think it was a metaphoric award?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

XboxPants posted:

I don't know how much clearer I can say it than "[Animation] typically refers to motion in a video game context".

On my part, I don't know how you can even think that your abysmal sentence construction should excuse you when people cannot comprehend your thinking.

So now it appears you are trying to say: in "some other context" people may judge animation not by the portrayal of motion, which is a statement of so much inherent stupidity that the rest of my post remains valid (which you conveniently failed to address, as usual).

Regardless of whether it's beautiful or not , it still remains that the "beautifully animated" girl has only one frame when she climbs the stairs, and the frame is her standing looking to the left. There is no reason why it can ever be considered "animated", "beautiful" or not.

At this point, I would be less than surprised if you actually quote a real book (like The Illusion of Life) and try to convince us why "animation" is not a rapid display of still images in sequence. It would be just like you showing us floor plans of DLA Piper (OUYA's lawyers) and telling us that OUYA is now operating there.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Haraksha posted:

So, do you really think it was a metaphoric award?
Much as I loathe to post anything that might lend credence to DipshitPants' posts, the award was for "Most Immersive." The game was only described as "beautifully animated" by the judges. My point still stands that the game as shown in the article is neither beautiful, nor animated, and certainly is not beautifully animated in either definition of the term.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

Wow that footage of the game Freelance Cosmonauts blew me away. You're fighting against NASA(which means No Awesome Space Adventures in the game) because they don't want people to do awesome stuff in space. So you take on quests given by an assorted cast of locals and many of the missions play like miniganes which are based on different genres of other games. However the main game itself looks like it plays like an 3rd person adventure game. But yeah NASA is waging a war of boring against Space Adventurers because space is not supposed to be fun or ridiculous because there's an outside chance that zainy antics will bring about the end of the universe by making science cry. So you the disgraced Astronaut are cast out by NASA for breaking too many rules and so you head out on your own, becoming the thing that you once swore to defeat, a Space Adventurer. Their ship building aspect seems to be directly ripped from kerbal Space Program, however it's not as physics based or as deep. You pick up your first parts from garbage strewn about the area they kick you out from(very reminicent from Judge Dredd's No Man's Land that exists outside the city walls). As you progress you're supposed to get better and flashier space parts, unlock more ship features, and get crew members by completing tasks. However the Ship just servers as a base of operations(i.e. saving, talking to other crew members, buying items) for the most part and some rail shooter flight segments. I'd say the art style is like someone took Al Jaffee and Robert Crumb and threw them in a blender. Stuff looks outright grotesque at times, but it transfers well into 3D and keeps the charm.

Yeah, ok, 6/10

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
Good news about the most immersive game with beautiful animation for OVIET

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/daevo/whispering-willows-horror-puzzle-game-for-ouya-and?ref=live

It needs your money to come to OVIET so pledge to make it happen because lord knows the world needs more halfassed puzzle games about ghosts.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

XboxPants posted:

If you grant a point, and then argue as if you hadn't granted the point, you didn't really grant the point.

Red_Mage posted:

Good news about the most immersive game with beautiful animation for OVIET

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/daevo/whispering-willows-horror-puzzle-game-for-ouya-and?ref=live

It needs your money to come to OVIET so pledge to make it happen because lord knows the world needs more halfassed puzzle games about ghosts.
Don't worry, he apparently worked on Community or something? Also, look at his bow tie. LOOK AT IT.

hahahahaha he calls it a "horror puzzle game". Yes, that game will inspire horror. That's a thing that will happen.

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 27, 2013

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I said something that made no sense, but if I just keep adding more and more words about it eventually I'll be right!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
oh, look

Julie talked to the Wall Street Journal:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/02/05/ouya-finds-a-friend-with-amazon/?mod=WSJBlog

quote:

WSJ: How will placement work in retail?

UHRMAN: We want to support OUYA as best we can, both online and in physical retail, making sure there’s visibility for the product, to see content and demo the box. Those are all conversations we’re having with retailers. Retail partners of this size don’t just jump into business with every company that has something to sell. We’re providing something that has responded so well to gamers and developers.
"Those are all conversations". They have no idea what kind of floor space they'll be getting, and I'd be willing to wager that nothing was finalized when this interview happened.

quote:

We already announced that Final Fantasy 3 is coming to OUYA from Square Enix. We are definitely working on exclusive content, Final Fantasy 3 has a lot of exclusive features — it’s the only version that’s made it to the TV. It’s a unique version that will be available only on OUYA.
Your version of Final Fantasy 3 is the only one that has made it to the TV, huh? Here's a tip, Julie: It was a Famicom game.

quote:

WSJ: How much money are you spending on marketing?

UHRMAN: We wanted OUYA to be in every gamers hands, we wanted to be as big, if not bigger than any other device. We have plans in place to do that and we feel confident that if you’re a gamer you’re gonna know about that. We have done things different every step of the way, we basically said hey we have this great idea, you guys believe in us, help us make it come true. We’ve gotten feedback from what we put on the buttons to our d-pads to our touchpads. You’d be amazed with what you could accomplish.
No part of that even begins to answer the question.

quote:

Update: Uhrman meant to say the console had more than 63,000 Kickstarter backers, and more than 68,000 consoles on order including backers, a company spokesperson said. Uhrman said in the original interview that there were 68,000 Kickstarter backers.
HA! By the start of February, they had less than 6,000 additional orders for the OUYA. Truly, they're going to sell millions of the things!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

No man, that's definitely some horror poo poo, it's got ghosts n stuff in it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I'm really glad the subject of Xboxpants' unbelievably stupid views on "animation" came back up again, because it is endlessly funny. And sad. I'm laughing through my depression here.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Requested_Username posted:

No man, that's definitely some horror poo poo, it's got ghosts n stuff in it.

And he worked on Community! (a promotional 2 minute short)

And Where's My Water! (also a series of promotional shorts)

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

theflyingorc posted:

Your version of Final Fantasy 3 is the only one that has made it to the TV, huh? Here's a tip, Julie: It was a Famicom game.

Didn't she also give that speech all about how great TV is that was kind of weird?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Hahahahahaha, not to mention FF3 (the DS remake) is Square Enix's most ported game over the last few years - what would make the OX△□ release worthy of exclusive content over, say, the iOS release? drat though, if Julie opened up a doughnut shop, she'd tell everyone she's selling the health food of the future and you should eat there to rebel against the tyranny of the bodybuilding industry.

edit vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv That is true

gay skull fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 27, 2013

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The FF3 remake is also one of the worst games in the series! So, it's got that going for it.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

theflyingorc posted:

oh, look

Julie talked to the Wall Street Journal:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/02/05/ouya-finds-a-friend-with-amazon/?mod=WSJBlog

"Those are all conversations". They have no idea what kind of floor space they'll be getting, and I'd be willing to wager that nothing was finalized when this interview happened.

No part of that even begins to answer the question.

HA! By the start of February, they had less than 6,000 additional orders for the OUYA. Truly, they're going to sell millions of the things!

I don't think I've seen this much bullshit marketing in anything non-infomercial related.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
FF3 is going to cost like $15, right? Can anyone tell me why in the year 2013 I should care about playing an incredibly ported remake of a decades old game on my television for $115? I mean, I guess there is a certain novelty to it since it's the first time it's intended to be played on a TV since the game was originally released for the TV, but I could just get the Android version right now and run an HDMI cable and do the same thing right now. I guess that's cheating though?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Haraksha posted:

FF3 is going to cost like $15, right? Can anyone tell me why in the year 2013 I should care about playing an incredibly ported remake of a decades old game on my television for $115? I mean, I guess there is a certain novelty to it since it's the first time it's intended to be played on a TV since the game was originally released for the TV, but I could just get the Android version right now and run an HDMI cable and do the same thing right now. I guess that's cheating though?

You should buy it to support indie gaming.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Haraksha posted:

The FF3 remake is also one of the worst games in the series! So, it's got that going for it.

I got it for the DS and finishing it was pretty super hard because I couldn't possibly care less about what was happening.

The only reason Square is porting this instead of a better one is because they're just so used to porting it nowadays, basically Square Enix is a company dedicated to porting Final Fantasy 3.

I hope it's $15. I pray it is $15. I will laugh so hard at their "sell 6000 consoles to people who aren't on Kickstarter" nonsense if that game doesn't sell well at all.

edit: HAHAHA - Final Fantasy III is $15.99 on the Google Play store, and if you think it will be cheaper on OUYA well then I would like to sell you some swamp bridges in Florida

double edit: It is 3 times more expensive than the Android Version of GTA III, which, for $5, is pretty reasonable. I notice, however, that it is NOT coming to OUYA

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

quote:

WSJ: What do you think about the negative outlook for consoles?

UHRMAN: For the last year or two years all we’ve been hearing is that the consoles are dead. The reason is there isn’t new, innovative intellectual property. It’s expensive to develop on it. You’re seeing a major shift of games being developed on the television. Our viewpoint has always been that console gaming isn’t dead, the way we think about it hasn’t changed.

We’re bringing the best screen and the best device to interact with that by creating a platform that is open. This announcement Tuesday is that we now have more than just dreamers behind us, we have established companies that do their due diligence that believe there’s an opportunity for bringing great content back to the television. I’m not overly concerned or even some of the other people that have entered the space. If anything we think it underscores the perception that there’s fatigue by gamers.
I still want to know what the "negative outlook" for consoles is. Is it that same horsecrap about sales of new systems slowing down?

Breaking news: seven year old consoles not selling as well as they did seven years ago! Ideas such as "maybe sales have slowed down because most people who were going to buy them have, you know, bought them considering they've had seven years to do so" deemed "ludicrous" by vexed analysts!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Haraksha posted:

I haven't played the MMOs or anything past 12, but I think the only one in the series that's worse is the Japanese FF2.

theflyingorc posted:

The only reason Square is porting this instead of a better one is because they're just so used to porting it nowadays, basically Square Enix is a company dedicated to porting Final Fantasy 3.

Don't discount them too much, they're also dedicated to porting Final Fantasy 1, which is "only" $7!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I still want to know what the "negative outlook" for consoles is. Is it that same horsecrap about sales of new systems slowing down?

Well if you would take some time and read the words of our most holy prophet Uhrman, she clearly says there that all we've been hearing for the last couple of years is that consoles are dead.

raditts fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 27, 2013

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Given that we're at the end of the console cycle, wouldn't it make more sense to look at sales of games rather than hardware? This would reflect on the install base and the overall health of the community and would probably be a better metric overall than, say, how sales are of seven year old consoles at this point.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Haraksha posted:

Given that we're at the end of the console cycle, wouldn't it make more sense to look at sales of games rather than hardware? This would reflect on the install base and the overall health of the community and would probably be a better metric overall than, say, how sales are of seven year old consoles at this point.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100373005/Rough_December_Caps_Bad_Year_For_Videogame_Sales

This report says "game sales fell 26 percent while console sales declined 20 percent," meaning all three console manufacturers are basically dead and can be killed and replaced in one fell swoop by the BLURGHYO!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

gschmidl posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100373005/Rough_December_Caps_Bad_Year_For_Videogame_Sales

This report says "game sales fell 26 percent while console sales declined 20 percent," meaning all three console manufacturers are basically dead and can be killed and replaced in one fell swoop by the BLURGHYO!

My favorite part of that article is this quote:

quote:

those "13" and "4" numbers a reminder of the fact that it's the sequels that succeed: If people are going to shell out $60, they're more likely to trust proven brands.

Good thing the OUYA is a trusted brand.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Haraksha posted:

Console hardware sales are down, presumably because most of the people who want a console have had 7 years to get one by now. Games are selling stupid well, the new Call of Duty (OH poo poo A SEQUEL TO A POPULAR FRANCHISE MUST BE A DEATH TOLL) sold 11 million units. Overall the industry made slightly less money than last year, but that doesn't really mean much. 7 years is one of the longest console lifespans we've ever seen, second only to the NES era in how long the market has been the current models.

Edit: Counting only new physical game sales, the attach rate on the 360/wii/ps3 averages to about an 8.3 The average console owner has 8 games that they bought brand new on a disc for their system. This is proof they are getting long in the tooth. And also a reasonable reason why sequels are dominating. Odds are at this point if you have a console and are buying new games for it, you've played the prequel to one of those sequels.

Red_Mage fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 27, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

XboxPants posted:

You are loving incredible. I know people don't say that enough in this thread, but you are - just incredible. Like a gift unto the world, literally unbelievable.

It does, indeed, come from the same root as the word 'animal', anima, which does not mean "bring to life" but does in fact come from a root meaning of 'gives breath to' - note breath. The very foundation of the soul is that the thing breathes. It moves and therefore is alive. For god's loving sake just admit you're so goddamn wrong about everything. Don't even argue just say "sorry my bad there", as the very foundation of our six-hundred year old definition of 'animated' as "it loving moves" comes from a millennia of "it loving moves".

Animals are animated - alive - in the sense that they have breath - i.e: wind that moves inside them.

"It is beautifully animated" is a totally different sentence to "beautiful animated style" - in the first, the thing being described is explicitly described as animated; in the second, the thing being described is said to have the appearance of something that would be animated; only the style is described as animated, not the thing itself. The difference between that is a huge loving gulf of meaning you incredible cretin. AND YOUR ONLY EVIDENCE FOR THIS AS A LEGITIMATE MEANING IS SOME LAYMAN'S GODDAMN VIDEO GAME BLOG.

The thing that gets me, that really gets me, is not all of the above which is just XBOXPantsonheadretarded standard stuff, it's this:

XboxPants posted:

Overall, though, you guys are just flat out wrong when you say "animated" can be used to mean what I've said.
Yes, we're wrong when we say that the word can be used to mean what you say. I totally agree.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
^^^It's also worth noting that "anima" is, in fact, the Latin word for "soul" (among other things you mentioned, like "breath" and "life").

gschmidl posted:

Especially since they fell that much in DECEMBER! The month when AAA games that sell millions of copies on release night are rel... oh, they'd already been out for a couple months? ...huh. CoD out for over a month? You sure? The new Halo, too? November? As in "not December?" No poo poo? Well surely it... $220 million of merchandise on release night alone, you say? Wow. Err, um, sorry gang, had a phone call, there.

Where was I again? Ahh, yes. *ahem*

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

My new favorite word is now ANIMA.

• Locked thread