Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Chortles posted:

Some other folks also dug up an In-Editor Config Viewer (Selected entry is "Tavor_base_F").

Also, besides the EBR being "re"-confirmed (now that the F2000 is seemingly nowhere to be seen) with the earlier links and this additional picture and my vague belief the MX has had a caliber change (for some reason it now looks like a "8.5mm" in the name instead of "6.5mm")... it looks like the "HE Grenade x2" is further proof that grenades are no longer part of the fire mode cycle! :toot:

Those trees look strange...

I'm glad they've removed grenades from the fire mode select. One of the many reasons why I stopped using grenades in ArmA games (other than them being extremely glitchy as hell).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there any word on when exactly the game will be available on steam? Any chance we will be able to play tomorrow night? :ohdear:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Still just the 5th as far as I know. But you could entertain yourself with Dslyecxi's videos tomorrow until it shows up in the store.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

keyframe posted:

Is there any word on when exactly the game will be available on steam? Any chance we will be able to play tomorrow night? :ohdear:

March 5th. No idea on when specifically, but if I had to guess, I'd guess at the usual Steam time of 9-10AMish PST.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
If the Supporter edition goes on sale at 1 pm Eastern on Tuesday... :stare:

Mederlock posted:

The MX should still be 6.5mm 'caseless', those pictures from the ARG just have a lot of JPEG compression artifacts and looks lovely and blurry at that low resolution. If you zoom in really close you can tell it's 6.5, not 8.5.
Thanks for the clarification, I'd previously pegged the MX as using 6.5mm Grendel based on the dimensions glimpsed in one video of "6.5x38" (case length for the 6.5mm Grendel is 38.7 mm) while the SDAR 6.5mm would be firing supercavitating ammo in the same caliber, but supposedly the Mk 200 fires 6.5mm caseless whereas the MX seems to very clearly use cased 6.5mm complete with "spent casings flying" animations.

Rumor has it by the way that BI gets more of a cut if you buy the game through their own online store instead of through the Steam storefront.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Chortles posted:

Rumor has it by the way that BI gets more of a cut if you buy the game through their own online store instead of through the Steam storefront.

There's no rumor about it, this is the case for all Steam games.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Looks like there's a countdown
https://store.bistudio.com/

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
34 quid? I thought if we buy into the alpha we get it dirt cheap?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

simosimo posted:

that's really cheap for a new game

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

simosimo posted:

The "Alpha" is 25 euro.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

simosimo posted:

You get the Alpha, Beta, and Full game for 20 quid or $33.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

simosimo posted:

It's not $50-60.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
Does anyone else think steam is gonna get overloaded with all the pre orders?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Fraser CDN posted:

For this game? No. Bigger games have done preorders on Steam and they have managed.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Fraser CDN posted:

While some slow download speeds may occur, I don't think Arma3 will be popular enough for any major traffic compared to some high profile AAA release.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
I know its not COD or anything but ARMA has been on the top sellers list for the last few months. It did get quite a few new players from DayZ and its a steam exclusive. I dont know why, i just kind of hope it does.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Fraser CDN posted:

I know its not COD or anything but ARMA has been on the top sellers list for the last few months. It did get quite a few new players from DayZ and its a steam exclusive. I dont know why, i just kind of hope it does.

It's been on the top sellers because of Day Z and I doubt the majority of those buyers will be instantly hopping onto the alpha. Not that it matters though, Steam won't get overloaded either way.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
I'm interested on how they're going to do the distribution of the alpha. Will we buy it through the bistudio.com/store website and then get a key for the alpha, or will it be that as well as buying directly through steam.

E: edit for clarity

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Mederlock posted:

I'm interested on how they're going to do the distribution of the alpha. Will we buy it through the bistudio.com/store website and then get a key for the alpha, or will it be that as well as buying directly through steam.

E: edit for clarity

I'm under the impression it's just buying from BIS and then getting a key. Kind of like NS2 when it was in beta. I don't think Steam likes selling alphas, especially with the whole War Z debacle.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

GoldenNugget posted:

I'm under the impression it's just buying from BIS and then getting a key. Kind of like NS2 when it was in beta. I don't think Steam likes selling alphas, especially with the whole War Z debacle.

Except BIS is clearly informing people that this is an Alpha and that things will change, while War Z kept claiming things it couldn't deliver and was in a worse shape than they said it was.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

GoldenNugget posted:

Not really selling an alpha. You're preordering and getting alpha, and beta access. Lots of games do this on Steam, so I dont think Steam has a problem with that at all. The thing with War Z is a completely different animal. The war z developers staight up lied about their product and what their customers were paying for. Then went on to insult their users further by apologizing that their users misread their misleading advertising.

E: phone posting errors

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 4, 2013

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:aaa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLXDwsVlXg

Holy poo poo

edit: Can't you imagine THE POSSIBILITIES?!

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 5, 2013

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Arma: Beach Volleyball Edition

:allears: Dyslecxi

EDIT
We have to recreate this classic Arma goon moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqULQNlLJc

Fragrag fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 5, 2013

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Mederlock posted:

:aaa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLXDwsVlXg

Holy poo poo

edit: Can't you imagine THE POSSIBILITIES?!

Snuffy the Evil
Oct 9, 2012
This game is going to be the best. :allears:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

So we can have our Bond scenarios with fedoras and shades!

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dslyecxi's first 'serious' video for A3 :aaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vrbzNYEwM

Edit: Just finished it, and my mind is blown away. The one thing that really caught my eye was the proper collimater simulation. Absolutely amazing.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 5, 2013

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Mederlock posted:

:stare::fap:

why isnt this out yet

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
I'm soooo happy they fixed the parallax sights on red dot sights! Literally the first thing I saw :). And grenades seem a lot better even if they are placeholders. Movement looks a lot better and more reasonable. Getting much closer to Infiltration CQB :).

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I've never played an ArmA game before and I am so ready to jump in tonight.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

keyframe posted:

:stare::fap:

why isnt this out yet

Yeah, I am 100% buying the alpha tomorrow. I never really got into Arma 2, but this looks like it's going to be amazing.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I kind of want to see footage of infantry shooting down a chopper first, if only because I never found hitting a one with a rocket to be remotely satisfying in Arma 1 or 2.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
This looks like a HUGE step forward making the game more stream line and less "simulator". It looks like CQB will actually be fun and not a craps shoot. I really cant wait till tomorrow.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Fraser CDN posted:

This looks like a HUGE step forward making the game more stream line and less "simulator". It looks like CQB will actually be fun and not a craps shoot. I really cant wait till tomorrow.

Honestly all that movement stuff seems way more realistic than anything they had in the previous games. It just so happens that being more realistic also made sense from a gameplay perspective.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

I kind of want to see footage of infantry shooting down a chopper first, if only because I never found hitting a one with a rocket to be remotely satisfying in Arma 1 or 2.

That's why you shoot them down via copious amounts of MG fire into the cockpit and rotors until you can watch them spiral down from the sky instead. :jihad:.

The Droid fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 5, 2013

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

ToastyPotato posted:

I always used a 50 cal sniper and one shot to the tail rotor. Works for friend or foe. Nothing better then hearing a full black hawk go out of control over mic and hearing the whole crew rage. ARMA is a really fun game to grief in.

ToastyPotato posted:

Honestly all that movement stuff seems way more realistic than anything they had in the previous games. It just so happens that being more realistic also made sense from a gameplay perspective.

I wasn't saying it in a negative way. I want the game to be more fluid like like BF3 and COD but realistic.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Mederlock posted:

Edit: Just finished it, and my mind is blown away. The one thing that really caught my eye was the proper collimater simulation. Absolutely amazing.

gently caress me that looks amazing. :stare::fh:
Pretty much everything in that game looks leagues and bounds above Arma2.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:hawaaaafap:

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLIPW0oIvm8

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
From Dslyecxi's intro to ArmA 3 infantry controls:

Dslyecxi's guide posted:

The default Arma 3 Alpha keybinds map the ‘G’ key, formerly used for accessing your inventory, to ‘throw grenade’. This is extremely dangerous for players who are coming over from an Arma2 background – I strongly recommend rebinding this to a different key, or using 2xG as the key instead. Note that gear is now on ‘I’, for Inventory.

So many goons are gonna die because of this. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Hope the controls aren't like trying to move a robot around on another planet like ARMA 2.

E - The stance adjustments look awesome though.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 5, 2013