Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
I kind of wish they gave us more invites. I sent out my 3, then got quite a few from others ( thanks goons). Im trying to convert my friends list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

ThePriceIsRight posted:

Does anyone know a way to turn off the xbox controller rumble for Arma 3? I love flying helicopters with it, but I hate the amount of noise it makes when i'm not flying. Unplugging it isn't really an option since I have to restart my game for it to work again.

I didn't think that many people used Xbox controllers to fly or whatever, but here's a mod that removes the rumble, and since you brought it up it'll be in the OP as well. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147551-Addon-MRB-NoRumble

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

kloa posted:

Uh, Domination near Agia seems to reduce everyones FPS.

e: :laffo:

I cannot enjoy watching that guy's videos. Everything about him annoys the poo poo out of me. His random ravings, his voice changing 'hilarity,' etc. I've only seen a few of his videos, one for DayZ when I was looking for some info and one for Wasteland for the same reason, both of which left me shocked this guy has subscribers.

e; I hope he isn't a goon.

dongsweep fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 15, 2013

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I love that youtube superstars have picked up and started using phrases/words like "content creator" and "consumers" without having any kind of economic background whatsoever. Yeah dude, your youtube channel with 70k subscribers is definitely on the same level of influence as Apple and can just do whatever the gently caress you want since people will just eat it up anyway.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Fraser CDN posted:

I kind of wish they gave us more invites. I sent out my 3, then got quite a few from others ( thanks goons). Im trying to convert my friends list.

According to their website, each Alpha Lite invitee gets an invite themselves too.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Anyone know how gimped the LITE mission editor is? Can you save/create missions?

EDIT: vvv Thanks. Thats a bummer.

tjones fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 15, 2013

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Cannot save and cannot load missions in the Lite editor.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tjones posted:

Anyone know how gimped the LITE mission editor is? Can you save/create missions?

EDIT: vvv Thanks. Thats a bummer.

Well, I mean, you can give it a go, and if you like it, really, it's 32$ for access to the full game when it gets released+Access to an awesome alpha and (assumedly a good) beta.

Edit: Looks like Dslyecxi released his gear customizer barbie thing featured here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLIPW0oIvm8, however it is in a pretty early/rough state, but is being left open to people to work on if they so choose (assuming proper accreditation), but will likely remain that way, at least for a while, I'm guessing. Read the article for full details and download links.

http://dslyecxi.com/shacktac_wp/shacktac-mods/dslyecxis-paper-doll-gear-menu/

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 15, 2013

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

I love that youtube superstars have picked up and started using phrases/words like "content creator" and "consumers" without having any kind of economic background whatsoever. Yeah dude, your youtube channel with 70k subscribers is definitely on the same level of influence as Apple and can just do whatever the gently caress you want since people will just eat it up anyway.

Some people work hard on creating good content on youtube and a select few other websites, and they do receive a paycheck through it... Using adblock means they receive nothing when you watch the entertainment they provided to you, so im all for them speaking against it. I mean sure, they're not giant corporations with a lot of pull on the market, but what they do brings some pretty sweet concepts to the table, and occasionally great entertainment.

That being said there are people who just use the flavour of the month/misleading thumbnails and other poo poo just to get views. Those people are sad, sad people.

Edit: poo poo, double post. My apologies, posted from my phone :welp:

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 15, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Got 2 copies of Lite, if anyone wants one look me up on Steam or post your email here or whatever.

Have they said anything about adding content to the Alpha? I feel like I've gotten just about all I will get out of it with the limited weaponry and vehicles.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Can I get the invite? Whats your steam name?

e: added you on steam

Rabhadh fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 15, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Same as here.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Mederlock posted:

Well, I mean, you can give it a go, and if you like it, really, it's 32$ for access to the full game when it gets released+Access to an awesome alpha and (assumedly a good) beta.

I'll eventually get the full game, but my computer at the moment has an extremely hard time running Arma2. Utes runs fine; Chernaus is out of the picture with any amount of AI on it. I've had a rebuild in the plans for this but may hold off until the game is released proper. The reason I asked about LITE was that I used Arma2Free to make missions for friends. I was planning to do the same with 3.

EDIT: VVV I'm not going to be able to run Arma3 on this book. I get 10 FPS in Chernaus with no AI. I can play on Utes with maybe 15 FPS if there is no more than say, 20 AI at a time. Yeah, I might have exaggerated how well Utes performs. It runs fine enough that I can actually play small scale COOP missions.

tjones fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 15, 2013

SkopeDog
Sep 6, 2011

tjones posted:

I'll eventually get the full game, but my computer at the moment has an extremely hard time running Arma2. Utes runs fine; Chernaus is out of the picture with any amount of AI on it. I've had a rebuild in the plans for this but may hold off until the game is released proper. The reason I asked about LITE was that I used Arma2Free to make missions for friends. I was planning to do the same with 3.

The thing is, 3 runs way better than 2.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Yeah dude, if Utes ran fine, the ArmA 3 alpha will run fine. You can always disable grass and shadows and poo poo when you try out your missions.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just out of interest. Was "putting stuff on the ground before you can pick it up" some sort of anti duping measure? Because that is the only reason I could think of implementing some thing like that.

danquixotic
Nov 24, 2011

krut you are a faggot cunt nigger deer for leaving
I hate to beg, but I would kill a small child for a lite invite; my laptop runs arma 2 okay but it's got some weird hardware which isn't technically supported by 3. I don't really want to drop thirty bucks on something I can't play.
Steam Name is the same as here.

Jippa posted:

Just out of interest. Was "putting stuff on the ground before you can pick it up" some sort of anti duping measure? Because that is the only reason I could think of implementing some thing like that.

Putting stuff on the ground before picking poo poo up has been a feature of the engine pretty much forever.
While clunky and horrible, it did add some tension to some of those missions in Resistance where you had to juggle your end mission inventory for your entire squad.
trying to hoard every launcher grenade and sniper rifle before the paratroopers caught up with you was nerve-wracking

danquixotic
Nov 24, 2011

krut you are a faggot cunt nigger deer for leaving
e: double post

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

danquixotic posted:

I hate to beg, but I would kill a small child for a lite invite;

Sent you a friend request (my current Steam name is Matt Kirby).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

kloa posted:

According to their website, each Alpha Lite invitee gets an invite themselves too.

I thought this was the case, but I didn't get gift copy when I got an invite.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm jonesing for some arma so some of you guys better be up for playing this evening. Wanna do hardcore tactilol stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHzPBBa1Y0o

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

Because gently caress physics.
http://youtu.be/ItCvTWOt2yE

I'll be excited to make some sweet road warrior missions.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Jippa posted:

It's an Alpha. It has bugs. If it's screwy, it's probably not intentional.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I was specifically talking about having to move guns/mags to the "ground" before you could move them them to your inventory. That isn't a bug that's a design decision.

I just thought it could be related to to the duping problem they had in dayz where you glitch it and get two versions of the same item.

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009
I downloaded the Wasteland mission file and placed it in the MPMissions folder, but still can't pick a slot after joining a server. Any ideas?

Edit:

Disconnecting and rejoining the server fixes the problem.

Instrumedley fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 15, 2013

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Jippa posted:

I was specifically talking about having to move guns/mags to the "ground" before you could move them them to your inventory. That isn't a bug that's a design decision.

I just thought it could be related to to the duping problem they had in dayz where you glitch it and get two versions of the same item.

You don't have to move guns and mags to the ground before you can use em though. That's only for clothes and rigs (and possibly backpacks). Guns and poo poo you can drag directly from the container to the inventory (or even directly into your equip slots).

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Jippa posted:

No, it's a bug. You can tell because it only occurs in certain circumstances, e.g. in multiplayer when you are not the host.

DatonKallandor posted:

You don't have to move guns and mags to the ground before you can use em though. That's only for clothes and rigs (and possibly backpacks). Guns and poo poo you can drag directly from the container to the inventory (or even directly into your equip slots).

In Wasteland, at least, you can't directly equip weapons from freshly-spawned vehicles. However, if you drive them around first (even just an infinitesimal amount) you regain the ability.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 15, 2013

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

Ralith posted:

In Wasteland, at least, you can't directly equip weapons from freshly-spawned vehicles. However, if you drive them around first (even just an infinitesimal amount) you regain the ability.

Well that's obviously a bug.

Right?

Or is it... Arma.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
It's something to do with how Wasteland handles vehicle spawning, I'm pretty sure. It works just fine in other missions that randomly spawn vehicles, such as Dynamic Zombie Sandbox.

Envy38
Nov 22, 2007
I have 3 Alpha Lite invites if any goons want one.

pghhockey38 at hotmail.com

If you don't recieve the invite right away its because I'm at work, I'll send it when I get back tonight. First come first serve.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Ralith posted:

No, it's a bug. You can tell because it only occurs in certain circumstances, e.g. in multiplayer when you are not the host.

Alright thanks, I pretty much just play wasteland and assumed it was intended.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
Hey goons!

I've 3 Arma 3 Alpha Lite gift for you!
I've 2 Arma 3 Alpha Lite gift for you!
I've 1 Arma 3 Alpha Lite gift for you!

Pm me with your Steam username, profile URL or email to get one! :)

All gone! Have fun y'all!

ShiroTheSniper fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 16, 2013

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Thanks to ShiroTheSniper for an alpha guest pass. I'd be interested to see how the big community groups like UO and Shacktac make the transition. Presumably it seems like it will run a lot better for people but I imagine there's a lot of mil-sim :spergin: about the future setting.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Giving away
1. ARMA 3 alpha Lite invites.
2. ARMA 3 alpha Lite invites.

PM Steam username, profile URL or email.

1 invite per person.

Disclaimer: This post has been made to pad my post count

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Jabronie posted:

Thanks to ShiroTheSniper for an alpha guest pass. I'd be interested to see how the big community groups like UO and Shacktac make the transition. Presumably it seems like it will run a lot better for people but I imagine there's a lot of mil-sim :spergin: about the future setting.
The "too futuristic" is mainly on the BI forums (what a surprise) though rather conveniently they seem to only say that about OPFOR (while BLUFOR is "just right")... as far as how groups are taking the gameplay though, seen Dslyecxi or CHKilroy's TDM videos?

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
The futuristic setting is the best, my favorite part of Arma was always getting to use gadgets in a realistic way instead of other shooters where its basically a fancy turret sequence whenever something like a UAV or target designator comes into play. Give me all the technology now and forever.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Jabronie posted:

I'd be interested to see how the big community groups like UO and Shacktac make the transition. Presumably it seems like it will run a lot better for people but I imagine there's a lot of mil-sim :spergin: about the future setting.

Unless the ACE devs are also taking part in the steam discussion fiasco, ACE will most likely quell a lot of those complaints. This is from the assumptions that they will more than likely port/update most of the functionality/weapons/vehicles from ACE2. I believe the alpha being released so early bodes well for the modification teams unless somehow the game's development path happens to break functionality somewhere down the line.

I'm a huge fan of ACE and look forward to see what route they do take. If anything I'm more excited about the weapon modification system. The devs can now spend less time making 90 variants of each rifle, and more time on 90 different attachments for said rifles.

Baytor
Oct 4, 2010

Well, never mind! Commando missions are much more fun than girls anyway!
I've got two lite invites going spare, email your Steam ID to me at curious_badger at hotmail dot com if you want one. First come first served and all that jazz.

Baytor fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 16, 2013

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009
This game is awesome :allears:

Met up with a group of allies who had a couple of helicopters:

We decided to only use one of them and booby trapped the other with satchel charges. Sure enough, an enemy rolled up and tried to take the remaining helicopter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Did this on my first attempt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuxPD99t7E