Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
y_3
Aug 18, 2010

luncheon meat posted:

I think I got a spam email from the CREWCUT people..

I know it does say mobile app but that's basically the same thing. If it isn't from TARTAR then maybe I should forward it to some of their "developers".

Reminds me of a video for a scam console thing that let you "program any kind of game" using a bunch of crappy templates. Wish I remembered the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Uncle Jam posted:

If I was a developing for OUYA and won the contest, I would want OUYA to pay me and then promote my game, not pay for a documentary and promote the loving documentary.

But what do I know I'm not developing a game for OUYA.

The point is not to reward specific devs for making successful OUYA games, it's to show other devs that the OUYA is a good platform to make games for. The documentary thing is probably one of the better ideas the OUYA team has come up with.

luncheon meat posted:

I think I got a spam email from the CREWCUT people..

I know it does say mobile app but that's basically the same thing. If it isn't from TARTAR then maybe I should forward it to some of their "developers".

One weird trick, those mobile app fatcats don't want you to know.

Peepers fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 23, 2013

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Programmers hate her! One stay at home mom...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember when video games were HARD? Well, my new game for the HOOVER is going to be literally impossible. Also it is going to have pixel art and Super Meat Boy. I'll call it I Would Really Appreciate It If I Were The Dude.

Please look forward to my fangame, I Would Really Appreciate It If I Were The Dude Gaiden, due next week (after sixteen hours of development) for the CADBURY CREME EGG.

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?

Beef Assistant posted:

Reminds me of a video for a scam console thing that let you "program any kind of game" using a bunch of crappy templates. Wish I remembered the name.

That would be for the similarly named OTON.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please look forward to my fangame, I Would Really Appreciate It If I Were The Dude Gaiden, due next week (after sixteen hours of development) for the CADBURY CREME EGG.

Does your dude have a visor? I hear visors are the new thing in gaming machines that are open.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Beef Assistant posted:

You're thinking of the WONTON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Nf9nMW8rA&list=FL9DMI9lDJmO50ZPajZBTQiw&index=50

check out that amazing door handle technology

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

Does your dude have a visor? I hear visors are the new thing in gaming machines that are open.

Visors will be paid DLC. Please look forward to it. Also I just won the IGF Grand Award, suck my dick.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Visors will be paid DLC. Please look forward to it. Also I just won the IGF Grand Award, suck my dick.

Well, I won the award for Best Looks Like A Cartoon.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Official Visorman cover art.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

GUI posted:

Excludes online multiplayer! The exclamation point is there to confuse you and make you think it's a feature. Even ignoring that, it really is one of the ugliest game covers I've seen. What a mess.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elysiume posted:

Excludes online multiplayer! The exclamation point is there to confuse you and make you think it's a feature.

Looking at the boxart, it may well be intended as a feature. N64 didn't have multiplayer, so Visorman shouldn't either!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

OK, seriously, is Visorman a loving joke? The first time it was posted I thought the guy who posted it was making up what he imagined the stupidest and worst OUYA game would be.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Is it wrong that I can't tell if that's really the art from the dev or made by you as a joke?

In case it's real, I can't believe he used the original prototype render for the controller when they've already shown what the final design looks like.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

If the dev's twitter is to be believed then yes, it's real.

Edit:

quote:

In case it's real, I can't believe he used the original prototype render for the controller when they've already shown what the final design looks like.

It's legit and he posted it on Twitter.

Here's the original OUYA page for Visorman.
Article about it on Indie Game Mag.

GUI fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 23, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GUI posted:

Hooooo boy. I was going to congratulate you on such a fine mockery, but.. well.. dang.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

GUI posted:

Looking at that twitter it sure is funny how he has 31,649 followers. Yet almost all of his tweets have no favorites or retweets, it's almost as if they're not genuine followers, but instead, a bunch of bots he purchased to follow him.

http://www.indiegamemag.com/old-school-fps-homage-visorman-heading-to-ouya/ posted:

Visorman himself is very much designed in the mould of a 90s hero, as he is a Bond-esque superspy who wears a black visor over his eyes, the very antithesis of the gritty heroes we see today.

Oh, a hero who wears a visor? Well, gently caress me, I've never seen anyone in Call Of Duty with a visor. OUYA purchased.

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 23, 2013

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GUI posted:

Are you serious.

Are you loving serious.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Looking at that twitter it sure is funny how he has 31,649 followers. Yet almost all of his tweets have no favorites or retweets, it's almost as if they're not genuine followers, but instead, a bunch of bots he purchased to follow him.

If this whole thing was any sadder, I'd be hearing violins out of thin air right now.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

GUI posted:

Holy poo poo. It's definitely trying hard for the Goldeneye cover look.

y_3 fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 23, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As far as I'm concerned, if they didn't make the hand holding his gun look like some freakish extension of his mouth, they failed at replicating the Goldeneye box.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

GUI posted:

Are we sure this isn't intentionally supposed to be a Goldeneye spoof? It looks like something I'd cook up in 5 minutes in Photoshop if I was trying to make an intentionally terrible ripoff of the Goldeneye box.

I mean admittedly it's not funny but is the dude really lacking that much self-awareness?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

bucketmouse posted:

Are we sure this isn't intentionally supposed to be a Goldeneye spoof? It looks like something I'd cook up in 5 minutes in Photoshop if I was trying to make an intentionally terrible ripoff of the Goldeneye box.

I mean admittedly it's not funny but is the dude really lacking that much self-awareness?
The Thousand-Named Console and its developer base aren't legally allowed within 500 meters of self-awareness.

Dec 26, 2012

bucketmouse posted:

I can believe that he thinks he's going to reel in the nostalgia crowd by doing it.

Scratch that, I want to believe it so hard, because it's hilarious.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

KamikazeJim posted:

That would be for the similarly named OTON.

Liquid Penguins posted:

You're thinking of the WONTON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Nf9nMW8rA&list=FL9DMI9lDJmO50ZPajZBTQiw&index=50

check out that amazing door handle technology

Hell yeah! This thing owns.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Reading all the poo poo about Visorman, all the selling points are things that the game doesn't have. NO IRONSIGHTS! NO TWO STICK CONTROL! NO ONLINE MUTLIPLAYER! It's almost as if the game doesn't have anything appealing so the guys marketing it are talking about the things it doesn't have and then acting like those things are unappealing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Reading all the poo poo about Visorman, all the selling points are things that the game doesn't have. NO IRONSIGHTS! NO TWO STICK CONTROL! NO ONLINE MUTLIPLAYER! It's almost as if the game doesn't have anything appealing so the guys marketing it are talking about the things it doesn't have and then acting like those things are unappealing.

Disciples of the School of Uhrman.

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Excludes Online multiplayer being on the box is making me laugh way too loving hard, holy poo poo.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DoctorStrangelove posted:

gently caress you we have always been at war with Eurasia have always hated using two sticks for FPSes!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GUI posted:

I will be genuinely surprised if there are ever four people in the same room at the same time that want to play an Ouya game.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

raditts posted:

I will be genuinely surprised if there are ever four people in the same room at the same time that want to play an Ouya game.

The odds go down when you change the word "an" to the word "this".

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dewgy posted:

The odds go down when you change the word "an" to the word "this".

I think the odds of any four people wanting to play an ouya together are so small that the difference is negligible.

JazzFlight posted:

Can't you? Is it really that hard to believe that someone who wants to be an Ouya developer is that delusional?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

raditts posted:

Is it really that hard to believe that someone who wants to be an Ouya developer

Yes :v:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

GUI posted:

Oh poo poo I would totally pay 45 cents for that game. I hope its coming to the PSN.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Visorman, Visorman,
does whatever a Visor can.
Cover art, just one layer,
Excludes online multiplayer.
Look out! Here comes the Visorman.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Sweat, Ubu. Sweat. Good paranoid schizophrenic.
So the people who have never made a game before are not finishing up their AAAA+ exclusive titles for the ouya? they probably just need to put a little more polish on them.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm pretty sure Visorman was whatever dumb superhero he made up to play as when he was a kid and he's just never been able to come up with a better name.

Dec 26, 2012

illiniguy01 posted:

So the people who have never made a game before are not finishing up their AAAA+ exclusive titles for the ouya? they probably just need to put a little more polish on them.

Look, they just need to tighten up the graphics on level 3. Then the REVOLUTION can begin.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
There was a time where I wondered if developers would take on the retro aesthetic with early 3D games in a similar way to how many developers do faux 8 and 16bit, but surprise! It turns out to be the worst thing ever.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

01011001 posted:

Look, they just need to tighten up the graphics on level 3. Then the REVOLUTION can begin.
No, man, the REVOLUTION was the Wii's codename, we're just talking about the SHAQUILLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Comment from the developer of this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hht-85kZdAY

I'm convinced Visorman is a joke, it's too ridiculous not to be.

• Locked thread