Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I've generally been keeping on top of things, but I suppose I'll ask:

Does anybody think there's something missing from the OP, or that there's anything that should be changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

chiasaur11 posted:

Gets you better loot at the end.

As for the how?

Rescue staves, and plenty of them.

I figured, but what's the loot itself?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Justin_Brett posted:

Does saving all the villagers in Gerome's stage get you anything? If it's gold or some crap the game can go gently caress itself.

It might be doable if I had a real Falcoknight, but why should fliers get all parts of the weapon triangle, right?

Give Maribelle a Rescue staff and move them to the starting island.

Anyway, got a question. Giving a Dark Flier who has +1 movement Boots to make her movement 11. Good idea or bad idea?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Does anybody think there's something missing from the OP, or that there's anything that should be changed?

A few frequently asked questions near the top would help, I think. When the DLC is accessible, how reclassing and promotion work, where everybody's feet is, that sort of thing.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Lareine posted:

Anyway, got a question. Giving a Dark Flier who has +1 movement Boots to make her movement 11. Good idea or bad idea?

I wouldn't. Between the class's already high movement and Galeforce, you'll be able to zip across maps in a turn or two without further assistance. Boots are better used on slower-moving characters to help them keep up with the rest of the squad: if you're planning to use any Generals in your final lineup, they should be your first priority for embootenment. If you really want excessively high movement on a flier, there are easier ways to get it, like the Griffon Rider's Deliverer skill.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Always have a rescue staff on hand just in case some suicidal dumbass needs saving.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Lareine posted:

It doesn't really matter. The general idea in FE is to give Boots either to your Dancer so that they can refresh people further away, or your Lord so that they can get to seize points more quickly. Obviously the latter doesn't really apply to this game. If you're not giving it to your Dancer, I think it's usually smart to give it to somebody durable enough to take on tons of enemies so that they can actually make use of that extra movement, or to a staff user so that they effectively have a larger larger staff range, but really you can just give it to whoever you like, like with any other stat boost. If you wanna make a unit with ridiculous movement, go for it. Plus giving Boots to someone with Galeforce means they effectively get +4 movement per turn instead of +2.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Give the Boots to your favorite character.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Justin_Brett posted:

I figured, but what's the loot itself?

Nothing super major. The biggest prize was an Angelic Robe. I think I also got an Arms Scroll? The rest is just filler. Nothing to worry yourself over.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Give the Boots to anyone who has access to Movement+1, Galeforce, and Deliverer. Pair them with a partner who also has Galeforce.

I think somebody designed a 48 Movement-per-turn Severa on Serenes Forest or something.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

KnoxZone posted:

Nothing super major. The biggest prize was an Angelic Robe. I think I also got an Arms Scroll? The rest is just filler. Nothing to worry yourself over.

Villagers in this game would have a longer life expectancy if they were capable of offering anything of substantial value.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nakar posted:

Give the Boots to anyone who has access to Movement+1, Galeforce, and Deliverer. Pair them with a partner who also has Galeforce.

I think somebody designed a 48 Movement-per-turn Severa on Serenes Forest or something.

I would only want to do this if the engine couldn't take that many movement points and made Severa walk off the map and crash the game.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that.

I just did some calculations of my own, and with two characters paired up, both being a Bow Knight, Griffon Rider or Dark Knight (base 8 movement, grants +1 move when paired up), both with Deliverer (+2 move when paired up), Movement +1, both getting Boots, and a boost from Rally Movement and Rally Heart, that gives both characters 16 Move when paired up. Giving both Galeforce means you can move one 16 squares, kill someone, move 16 squares, switch to the other person and kill someone, then move a final 16 squares for a total of 48 squares of movement.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Am I missing something? Forget walking off the map and breaking the game, how does the game completely misinterpret the movement? How does that just happen? Is it breaking some sort of stack or variable, or what? :psyduck:

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
His movement is so high that the pathfinding algorithm just gives up and give the player the finger.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Should I be grinding with these stinky wizard boxes that summon risen? Because I'm doing that and it's more fun than following plot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can do whatever you want in life.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Mezzanon posted:

Should I be grinding with these stinky wizard boxes that summon risen? Because I'm doing that and it's more fun than following plot.

It's not going to hurt your game, unless you're playing on hard and run out of money. Otherwise keep doing it if it's fun.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Mezzanon posted:

Honestly I found the early risen map encounters more fun than a lot of the main chapters. Though maybe that's because they decided to stick the best music in the optional grinding part of the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mezzanon posted:

If you grind I will literally come to your house and eat your 3DS.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

If you grind I will literally come to your house and eat your 3DS.

Jokes on you I'm a transient!

:)

:(

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Well, I guess that's why FE6 capped the amount of times you could use the Boots on someone. :stare:

Perfect Potato posted:

Honestly I found the early risen map encounters more fun than a lot of the main chapters. Though maybe that's because they decided to stick the best music in the optional grinding part of the game.

Agreed, Conquest (Ablaze) is easily my favourite track that I've heard in the game so far.

Mezzanon posted:

My favourite Risen encounters are when you end up with two Risen on the same location, or when you get an Anna and a Risen on the same location and you get a reward for guarding her. It's a shame that the Risen boxes don't let you summon two Risen on the same location. :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I ended up kind of grinding just because I was having fun fighting Risen. Then I got the grinding map and went a little crazy. Took until the last story chapter for things to even get slightly difficult again. OF course, the recent DLC is still pretty rough.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Bishop Rodan posted:

My favourite Risen encounters are when you end up with two Risen on the same location

Those are the best fights. Though I wish they happened more often.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I had one where I was trying to build a support, and I ran through 2 bronze weapons on both units, and got like 2 weapon ranks to go with them. I love those battles.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The danger of grinding is that the main missions are generally more fun when they're harder, but their difficulty doesn't scale to you if you're overleveled.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Bongo Bill posted:

The danger of grinding is that the main missions are generally more fun when they're harder, but their difficulty doesn't scale to you if you're overleveled.

On the other hand, doing Chapter 14 after all the children's paralogues is hilarious as hell.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Dammit I accidentally bought the map pack with the stupid bride class instead of the awesome Dread Fighter class. Goddammit.
These things are way too expensive. :mad:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Dammit I accidentally bought the map pack with the stupid bride class instead of the awesome Dread Fighter class. Goddammit.
These things are way too expensive. :mad:

At least you can enjoy the prettiness of the bride class :v:. That and having a class that uses lances that also has no weaknesses outside of the weapons triangle.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ChaosArgate posted:

At least you can enjoy the prettiness of the bride class :v:. That and having a class that uses lances that also has no weaknesses outside of the weapons triangle.

Why are there no Soldiers in this game, I swear.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Yeah, of everything, I kind of expected the Soldier>Halberdier tree to make a return from Tellius.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Yeah, of everything, I kind of expected the Soldier>Halberdier tree to make a return from Tellius.

My dream for the next Fire Emblem would be like, Soldier > Captain to have a class who's specality is buffs, instead of making custom buff bot Morgan. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What would a Soldier's abilities be, anyway? Unless they get something broken like a Halberdier lvl 15 ability to turn all Lances into 1-2 range.

alcharagia posted:

Why are there no Soldiers in this game, I swear.

Villagers are basically Soldiers :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

What would a Soldier's abilities be, anyway? Unless they get something broken like a Halberdier lvl 15 ability to turn all Lances into 1-2 range.

Villagers are basically Soldiers :v:

Give them Lancefaire and Love Rally (re-name it). Give FalconKnights Adept or Canto or something cool from the Tellius games.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
There actually are soldiers as enemy classes.

Just. Only enemy classes.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Merchant class is also basically a Soldier, but again, not playable for some reason even though it'd be hilarious for Anna.

ZoMBiePiGGy
Mar 26, 2007
Who put my stapler in jello!?!?
I leveled Panne the Taguel to level 20 and used a Second Seal to make her a Wyvern Rider, and now she can't equip any weapons... It says she has E proficiency with axes but she won't equip them. Did I gently caress up?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
With E Rank, you can only equip Bronze weapons.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ZoMBiePiGGy posted:

I leveled Panne the Taguel to level 20 and used a Second Seal to make her a Wyvern Rider, and now she can't equip any weapons... It says she has E proficiency with axes but she won't equip them. Did I gently caress up?

You can only use Bronze weapons with an E rank (or ladles!).

Forge her a maxed MT Bronze Axe, and let her go to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

You can only use Bronze weapons with an E rank (or ladles!).

Forge her a maxed MT Bronze Axe, and let her go to town.

Glass weapons too, if memory serves.

Which, if you have armsthrift and a lot of luck, is basically as good as silver weapons.

• Locked thread