Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Chairchucker posted:

Why did you jerks mention that extra Numenera source book I didn't already have in my pledge, I had to go and up it.
I'm mildly annoyed they added an extra comic just after I upped my pledge to include all the little book/comic extras.

And by mildly annoyed I mean I sighed and input $64 and upped my pledge again. I just don't understand it I don't really care too much about comics anyway. Certainly not worth $8 for a 12 page book at least.

At least the 3 for $14 isn't a terrible deal though I'll already have 1 of the three in my tier anyway.

Just bleed me a little more until I get divorced you jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Ninth fathom was added

:psyduck:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I had a really freaky fever dream that looked something like that once.

MrRat
Aug 9, 2008
wow thats awesome

MrRat fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 4, 2013

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Overminty posted:

Ninth fathom was added

Hahahaha, that's hilarious. I love it.

As an aside, will the boxed copy be exclusive in any way? Or will people be able to buy that version later on.

For instance, I loved the idea of Wasteland 2's BIG BOX packaging :allears: Anything like that for Torment?

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

As an aside, will the boxed copy be exclusive in any way? Or will people be able to buy that version later on.

I was hoping the $95 + physical tiers were big box, considering they have to contain maps n poo poo. If it's a standard DVD case, I'm not gunna lie, I'll be kinda disappointed.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yeah me too :(

It's become a pattern.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Overminty posted:

Ninth fathom was added

Someone make an animated gif with all the fathoms.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Overminty posted:

Ninth fathom was added

That's pretty much the best thing they could have done.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

This fathom image is cool, but it kind of bugs me - I think because it feels zoomed in compared to all the rest of the art so you can see all the brushstrokes and there's no shading on the "snowglobe".

On the other hand, that makes me think it's just part of the next fathom image which will put it back to it's regular size.

teKmea.
Jun 28, 2008

make sure we tweak
it so we can have sex
with it

I'm now assuming the Castoff's Labyrinth is actually one of the numenera artifacts that you carry around.
And that the next and last fathom image is just a shot of a character with a ring that looks like a snow globe.

Maybe a bit cliché though.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

It does look a bit wonky, but they didn't have a lot of time these last few days between releasing fathoms, so I can excuse them for doing a bit of a rush job on an abstract piece of concept art.

Speaking of game additions, I was resigning myself that the companion quests looked like one bridge too far, but it's a mere 80K away right now, assuming PayPal remains about the same. This fill me with happy, since that was the goal at which I was prepared to say "Good enough". Of course, I certainly won't object to another major city.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What exactly are those "fathoms" (I just read it as a weird spelling of phantoms)?

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Boatswain posted:

What exactly are those "fathoms" (I just read it as a weird spelling of phantoms)?
A fathom is a nautical measurement, roughly 1.8 meters. Here though, you can substitue "levels" or more properly "areas" for the intended meaning. I believe they use fathoms to give the sense that it expands downwards, rather than climb up as levels normally do.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Welp. The pledge went up $3 grand from the time I got in the shower this morning to the time I put on my pants. If they can keep up that pace, they'll hit $4 million.

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

FRINGE posted:

Brother None - is there any chance at all that the Numenera Torment Sourcebook will see a physical printing?
Lookin into it, might not be able to do it as part of the Kickstarter but if not, perhaps in the backers-only store.

GhostBoy posted:

A fathom is a nautical measurement, roughly 1.8 meters. Here though, you can substitue "levels" or more properly "areas" for the intended meaning. I believe they use fathoms to give the sense that it expands downwards, rather than climb up as levels normally do.
That and to evoke the idea of "diving deeper" into your mind.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Brother None posted:

"diving deeper" into your mind.

Ayahuasca side quest confirmed.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Overminty posted:

Ninth fathom was added

No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *head explodes*

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Overminty posted:

Ninth fathom was added

I really hope we get to see the 10th fathom

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Zeroisanumber posted:

Welp. The pledge went up $3 grand from the time I got in the shower this morning to the time I put on my pants. If they can keep up that pace, they'll hit $4 million.
They need to roughly double their pace if they're going to hit it. Last I checked they were pulling about 5k+ when they need about 11k per hour.

But I did check when it would have been about 3am in the US so I imagine that's the slowest they're going to do today.

Current trend.

Edit: forgot Paypal which brings it down a little. 8-9k depending on if they hit 100k through Paypal alone. Let's hope the last 24 hours are just crazy.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 4, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

hangedman1984 posted:

I really hope we get to see the 10th fathom

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darkhold posted:

They need to roughly double their pace if they're going to hit it. Last I checked they were pulling about 5k+ when they need about 11k per hour.

But I did check when it would have been about 3am in the US so I imagine that's the slowest they're going to do today.

Current trend.

Yeah, they've gone up something like $8k from when I checked when I woke-up, so they're probably pulling 11-12k an hour now.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Brother None posted:

Lookin into it, might not be able to do it as part of the Kickstarter but if not, perhaps in the backers-only store.

That and to evoke the idea of "diving deeper" into your mind.

this actually makes me want to lower my add-on to not get the digital copy so i can save my money for the backers-only store, so please get it in the kickstarter...

for reference, i'm pledged at 106 bucks right now so i'm not trying to cheap out, but i'd vastly prefer a physical book and getting a digital and physical copy would be pretty redundant.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

thegodofchuck posted:

this actually makes me want to lower my add-on to not get the digital copy so i can save my money for the backers-only store, so please get it in the kickstarter...

for reference, i'm pledged at 106 bucks right now so i'm not trying to cheap out, but i'd vastly prefer a physical book and getting a digital and physical copy would be pretty redundant.
Your choice obviously. I may get both, simply because digital books are easier to chuck in Dropbox, so I can access them if I play at a friends place without toting the entire library there.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Brother None, something that's been on my mind but is a bit of a dumb question - how long can we expect the game to be? I'm all for quality over quantity, but are you guys looking at something along the lines of Ps:T? Longer? Shorter?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

GhostBoy posted:

Your choice obviously. I may get both, simply because digital books are easier to chuck in Dropbox, so I can access them if I play at a friends place without toting the entire library there.

shh, i'm trying to give him additional incentive!

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Darkhold posted:

Trying to derive something at this point from current trends probably isn't really going to tell us much. Project Eternity pulled down $600k in just the last day alone, which is far more than Torment is currently below the $4 million mark. That's the thing, there's just no way to know how that last day is going to be play out. Will it be like Project Eternity and shoot for the moon? Will it be like Wasteland 2 and actually have a slight drop from the penultimate day? I think it all comes down to how excitement those last few stretch goals generate.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Great Rumbler posted:

Trying to derive something at this point from current trends probably isn't really going to tell us much. Project Eternity pulled down $600k in just the last day alone, which is far more than Torment is currently below the $4 million mark. That's the thing, there's just no way to know how that last day is going to be play out. Will it be like Project Eternity and shoot for the moon? Will it be like Wasteland 2 and actually have a slight drop from the penultimate day? I think it all comes down to how excitement those last few stretch goals generate.
Sorry I wasn't trying to say anything definitive just noting where it's sitting and where it needs to go. Watching numbers move about is interesting to me.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, they've gone up something like $8k from when I checked when I woke-up, so they're probably pulling 11-12k an hour now.

http://ruinedkingdoms.com/torment/

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

How did they have negative 10k?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Someone who had pledged 10k had pulled out, I would think.

Honestly the only thing that would get me to pledge more (from the $35 digital tier) is a digital version of the Numenara codebook, which I missed and can't find now.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

DerLeo posted:

How did they have negative 10k?
From their raw data file
18/03/2013 22:00 2728673
18/03/2013 23:00 2720201

Ouch. Someone pulled out or maybe a big payment was double counted.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Mozi posted:

Someone who had pledged 10k had pulled out, I would think.

Honestly the only thing that would get me to pledge more (from the $35 digital tier) is a digital version of the Numenara codebook, which I missed and can't find now.
Are you talking about the PnP sourcebook for the Numenera line that handles the games setting and systems? If so, then it's a 12$ add-on. Just add 12 bucks to your pledge without upgrading the pledge reward and after the kickstarter wraps, they'll send out a survey where you can say how you want to spend your excess money.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
No, I mean the main Numenera sourcebook. I didn't see that Kickstarter until it was over and the Torment thing kind of alerted me to its existence. I see the whole Numenera world benefiting from the Torment connection and I bet a lot of people are interested in the base setting because of Torment but it seems like you can't preorder a .pdf of the main sourcebook anymore (I did my best looking on the Numenera website, if I'm wrong please correct me.)

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Mozi posted:

No, I mean the main Numenera sourcebook. I didn't see that Kickstarter until it was over and the Torment thing kind of alerted me to its existence. I see the whole Numenera world benefiting from the Torment connection and I bet a lot of people are interested in the base setting because of Torment but it seems like you can't preorder a .pdf of the main sourcebook anymore (I did my best looking on the Numenera website, if I'm wrong please correct me.)
Ah, no. For that you'll have to wait until the setting is officially released this summer. Monte will put the books up on DriveThruRPG for those that want digital versions.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Hey Brother None, might as well ask you: What makes the 'Backer's Collector's Box' special? Can we expect a Wasteland 2 type cardboard box?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The unseen 10th fathom shows the terrarium sitting on the back of Eliminster's toilet tank.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Overminty posted:

Ninth fathom was added

Fathom 10 is gonna be zoomed out showing the snowglobe in Fathom 1, calling it now.

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hey Brother None, might as well ask you: What makes the 'Backer's Collector's Box' special? Can we expect a Wasteland 2 type cardboard box?

I don't know the exact specs yet, but as the mockup shows it'll be a bigger box. I think we're aiming for the old-school type of box again, yeah.

Schurik posted:

Brother None, something that's been on my mind but is a bit of a dumb question - how long can we expect the game to be? I'm all for quality over quantity, but are you guys looking at something along the lines of Ps:T? Longer? Shorter?

PS:T is a good baseline but there's really no way to say right now. We don't know our final budget and haven't really ramped up pre-production yet, and it kinda depends on the balance of reactivity vs length as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Mozi posted:

It looks like the $130 level still has some left but that's quite a difference just to get the core book. I didn't realize the $75 level wasn't the core book so I might change my pledge to pay for some addons, because I don't want to go up $55 just for a digital version of the Numenera book.

• Locked thread