Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noisycat
Jul 6, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie, you are supporting underground furry terrorists.
I feel like I've been in a time capsule for 7 years. I quit playing a month after TBC came out, so most of what I played normally was probably considered vanilla. But on the other hand, I'm getting confused trying to remember what boat goes where and I never did TTS in vent so I'm trying to figure that out. Everyone in the guild has been very, very patient and helpful with me when I ask stupid questions.

I am still trying to figure out TTS, I can find plenty of info on key binding TTS, but not how to simply open a window to type in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Khisareth posted:

I feel like I've been in a time capsule for 7 years. I quit playing a month after TBC came out, so most of what I played normally was probably considered vanilla. But on the other hand, I'm getting confused trying to remember what boat goes where and I never did TTS in vent so I'm trying to figure that out. Everyone in the guild has been very, very patient and helpful with me when I ask stupid questions.

I am still trying to figure out TTS, I can find plenty of info on key binding TTS, but not how to simply open a window to type in.

On the right side of the Vent UI theres a button that says chat. Its the 3rd button down.

Noisycat
Jul 6, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie, you are supporting underground furry terrorists.

Tanners posted:

On the right side of the Vent UI theres a button that says chat. Its the 3rd button down.

You guys are so helpful! Thank you!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Azuth0667 posted:

Are bots permitted? I liked vanilla raiding but did not enjoy leveling.

There are other servers for that kind of play. This is not the one you are looking for.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

Does anyone know if there's a goon presence on Feenix's TBC server? I'm leveling an afflic lock there since I prefer TBC over Vanilla for numerous reasons and I'm just wondering if there's any goons active here.

Before starting the guild I was playing hordeside on archangel with the guild "other servers" and a few other goons and people from the old rebirth server. I think they merged into "After Dark" if they are still around and kicking.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
One more question before I jump on this crazy train. How glitchy is the overall gameplay experience? As in, how often do you encounter weirdo-spazzing mobs like in that YouTube video posted a few pages back? How often does a quest turn-in gently caress you over and randomly delete a gear slot permanently? Etc. etc.

I've done free servers before and each one felt like some bizarro version of the game, kind of like when some 14 year old kid took a popular B.Net map and edited in a bunch of ~wacky~ extra items to ~shake things up!~ Granted, those servers were also 4x, loads of custom NPCs, easy-to-get gear vendors (because raids didn't work), among other things.

I guess I'm really just asking how well the server is delivering on its goal to be an authentic Vanilla WoW experience, and whether or not there are any truly frustrating bugs along the way?

e: vvv I guess that's as good as I was hoping to hear. Thanks guys!

Siets fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 16, 2013

mewse
May 2, 2006

Siets posted:

One more question before I jump on this crazy train. How glitchy is the overall gameplay experience? As in, how often do you encounter weirdo-spazzing mobs like in that YouTube video posted a few pages back? How often does a quest turn-in gently caress you over and randomly delete a gear slot permanently? Etc. etc.

I've done free servers before and each one felt like some bizarro version of the game, kind of like when some 14 year old kid took a popular B.Net map and edited in a bunch of ~wacky~ extra items to ~shake things up!~ Granted, those servers were also 4x, loads of custom NPCs, easy-to-get gear vendors (because raids didn't work), among other things.

I guess I'm really just asking how well the server is delivering on its goal to be an authentic Vanilla WoW experience, and whether or not there are any truly frustrating bugs along the way?

Spend a couple hours on it and you'll see it's basically the best vanilla experience available right now. I keep hearing that Rebirth had a better codebase with less bugs but emerald dream has a large population and the bugs are generally annoyances rather than game breaking

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

The population really is impressive. I played on a "low" population Blizzard server for a while and it's about like that. You bump into people in the world, especially on roads or good leveling areas, you see some around in the cities, and you can even often find randoms for quest help by asking in General. The only bugs I've encountered so far have been related to quest item drops (had to dump all my items and start over on the quest that has you killing lvl 8-10 gnomes outside gnomeregan, after that it worked). Sometimes mobs will glitch through walls, and your demon/pet will sometimes glitch through after them and pull the whole cave, but it's uncommon enough that it's no biggie.

E: oh, and some of the text is screwy. Every trainer talks to you like you're the wrong class, even though they let you train. "A warrior who think's he's a warrior. Ha!" Lots of npcs in the Night Elf leveling areas have generic placeholder "Greetings [playername]!" messages. It can be a bummer if you're re-living your first WoW exploration of the lore's world, but it's kind of trivial.

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 16, 2013

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
You will definitely run into people on this server, unless you're in the uttermost boondocks or something.

I ran into zero game-breaking bugs as a Warlock and I'm level 52 or something.

There are definitely a fair number of quests that are bugged, though. But some in a good way :v:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just rolled up a warlock and did the first 6 levels. Nostalgia overload, what a trip.

Everything in the game worked flawlessly too with no noticeable lag. This really seems like a gem of a server so far. I can certainly see myself sticking with this.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

There are a couple bugs that will ruin your day though - mobs that flee will always run towards the closest friend instead of running in a random direction, and when they run they do not obey the laws of pathing. You will often have enemies run through trees, behind walls, and up through the tops of caves where they are unreachable. Absolutely maddening.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Playing real vanilla again made me realize how much I missed the old mechanics of the game. Right clicking and missing over and over with my dagger at level 1 surprised me at first, until I realized my Daggers skill was leveling up. :haw:

A lot of those little things are gone now from the game in the name of simplicity and accessibility. Yeah, at the end of the day weapon skills were a semi-pointless grind, but it's just one extra little layer of progression that added some depth to your character (however miniscule) and I like it.

Can't wait to get succubus and do drain-tanking on my warlock again! :allears:

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

After clicking on the banner for this thread completely by accident and reading through a bit anyway, I think I'm tempted to try this server a bit. I am curious though, how are the original battle grounds on this server, particularly AV, and the rewards associated with them? Is it possible to earn honor and buy the old veteran's sets, or are there not enough people in the BGs?

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Mef989 posted:

After clicking on the banner for this thread completely by accident and reading through a bit anyway, I think I'm tempted to try this server a bit. I am curious though, how are the original battle grounds on this server, particularly AV, and the rewards associated with them? Is it possible to earn honor and buy the old veteran's sets, or are there not enough people in the BGs?

In vanilla ranks determine what gear you can get. The full "blue" set is rank 11 I think. I think there are enough people, but it may take you some time.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
AV hasn't been implemented yet.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Regarding AV:

(Formatting was lost via copy-paste, but this is the gist of what they are doing with future AV)

quote:

Alterac Valley
Looting items from players is now possible, instead of the items being added when killing a player. This only counts for Alterac Valley.
Looting a body but leaving items in the corpse/body make the body/corpse stay as it is with items inside, lootable for everyone.
Reinforcements completely removed from the game.
Turning in Armor Scraps (500/1000/1500) now buffs your entire team with General's Warcry (the 10/20/30% buffs) based on the amount turned in.
Periodic buffs are now cast randomly throughout the game as long as your captain is alive.
Mines are now re-captured by Taskmaster Snivvle (neutral) after 30 minutes of it being captured by one specific faction.
Taskmaster Snivvle now yells zonewide when the battle of Alterac Valley starts.
Towers and bunkers are now destroyed after five minutes rather than four. It was changed to four minutes in 2.3.0.
Health and damage of Vanndar Stormspike and Drek'thar is no longer decreased when taking a tower.
Alterac Valley bosses (Captain Galvangar, Captain Balinda Stoneheart, Vanndar Stormspike and Drek'thar) no longer sometimes cast spells when evading because they were pulled out of their room.
Corrected a lot of incorrect spawns in Coldtooth Mine and Irondeep Mine. A lot of creatures now properly despawn, respawn and disappear when the mine is taken by a certain faction (alliance/horde/neutral).
Aggi Rumblestomp is now killable by horde rather than alliance.
Owning a mine or tower at the end of an Alterac Valley now rewards 12 reputation with your faciton rather than 24.
Stormpike Battleguard and Frostwolf Battleguard will now be aggressive instead of passive hostile.
Herald will now yell throughout the game all the time, for example when taking a node, mine, tower or graveyard.
Quests 'What the Hoof?', 'The Archbishop's Mercy', 'Wanted: ORCS!', 'Wanted: MORE ORCS!', 'Wanted: DWARVES!', 'Wanted: MORE DWARVES', 'Ally of the Tauren' and 'Favor Amongst the Darkspear' are no longer offered (they were all removed in 1.10.0).
Master Engineer Zinfizzlex is no longer spawned in Alterac Valley. He was removed, together with his event of Ryson's All-Seeing Eye, from Alterac Valley in 1.10 (or 1.8.0?).
Killing the enemy's general now rewards in 300 reputation instead of 350.
Owning a mine at the end of the battle during Alterac Valley Weekend now rewards 18 reputation each instead of 36.
Owning an intact tower at the end of the battle now rewards 12 reputation each instead of 24.
Each tower your team destroyed will now reward 24 reputation at the end of the battle (36 during Alterac Valley Weekend).
Players will now receive a message when their insignia is taken, stating that they are not able to resurrect at their corpse anymore.
Murgot Deepforge and Smith Regzar will now yell when they upgrade unit troops and their yell is based on the upgrade level. So for example when you upgrade your faction's units to Seasoned (500 armor scraps), the yell will be 'Seasoned units entering battle!'.
Corrected the name of Commander Dardosh and Lieutenant Murp, they previously were tagged as '<old>' (clear your WDB cache for this to be visible on your client).
It is no longer possible to capture a node if you're not within line of sight of the node. You can think of taking a bunker from the first floor level, thus making bowman not attack you.
Players are no longer often stuck with the skinnable icon when hovering over their character with your mouse even though they are alive.
Corrected the position of Stoneheart Warmaster and the guards at Frostwolf Graveyard.
Killing a player of the opposite faction inside Alterac Valley will now reward 1 reputation to Frostwolf Clan/Stormpike Guard.
Corrected levels of Masha Swiftcut, Aggi Rumblestomp, Lieutenant Stouthandle, Commander Randolph and Lieutenant Mancuso.
Removed an incorrectly spawned Stormpike Ram Rider.
Removed two Frostwolfs from the Frostwolf Graveyard. They would constantly get killed by guards and whatnot otherwise.
One champion Irondeep Raider is now by default a normal Irondeep Raider (unless upgraded) and is no longer always spawned.
Falling to death or killing yourself in any other way (Hellfire, for example) will no longer make the scoreboard say you made a honorable kill (and with the new changes it also no longer rewards 1 reputation if it happened in Alterac Valley).
It is no longer possible to mount up in the starting tunnel/cave of Alterac Valley at all. This preventes players from exploiting in the horde cave.
Corrected the health of Coldmine Surveyors, Irondeep Surveyors, Coldmine Explorers and Irondeep Explorers significantly.
It is now possible to leave a battleground while you are in combat.
Keetar, Irondeep Raider, Masha Swiftcut, Coldmine Guard, Coldmine Surveyor, Irondeep Explorer, Coldmine Peon, Irondeep Peon, Seasoned Coldmine Guard, Veteran Coldmine Guard, Champion Coldmine Guard, Seasoned Coldmine Surveyor, Veteran Coldmine Surveyor, Champion Coldmine Surveyor, Seasoned Irondeep Explorer, Veteran Irondeep Explorer, Champion Irondeep Explorer, Seasoned Irondeep Raider, Veteran Irondeep Raider, Champion Irondeep Raider, Frostwolf Warrior, Seasoned Guardian, Seasoned Warrior, Veteran Guardian, Veteran Warrior, Champion Guardian, Champion Legionnaire, Frostwolf Reaver, Seasoned Reaver, Veteran Reaver, Champion Reaver, Champion Warrior, War Rider, Guse's War Rider, Jeztor's War Rider and Mulverick's War Rider are now part of the Frostwolf Clan faction, thus no longer attackable by horde or fighting each other.
Irondeep Guard, Aggi Rumblestomp, Coldmine Invader, Coldmine Explorer, Irondeep Surveyor, Coldmine Miner, Irondeep Miner, Seasoned Coldmine Explorer, Veteran Coldmine Explorer, Champion Coldmine Explorer, Seasoned Coldmine Invader, Veteran Coldmine Invader, Champion Coldmine Invader, Seasoned Irondeep Guard, Veteran Irondeep Guard, Champion Irondeep Guard, Seasoned Irondeep Surveyor, Veteran Irondeep Surveyor, Champion Irondeep Surveyor, Alliance Sentinel, Seasoned Guardsman, Seasoned Mountaineer, Seasoned Defender, Seasoend Sentinel, Veteran Defender, Veteran Guardsman, Veteran Mountaineer, Veteran Sentinel, Champion Defender, Champion Guardsman, Champion Mountaineer, Champion Sentinel, Seasoned Commando, Veteran Commando, Champion Commando, Mountaineer Boombellow, Aerie Gryphon, Slidore's Gryphon, Ichman's Gryphon and Vipore's Gryphon are now part of the Stormpike Guard faction, thus no longer attackable by alliance or fighting each other.
Remove all incorrectly spawned Basic Campfires from Alterac Valley.
Corrected health of all mine mobs.
It should now be possible to use the supplies spawned inside mines.
Spirit Guides in battlegrounds are no longer visible to the opposite faction.
Players will now be dismounted when joining an Alterac Valley just to make sure exploiting behavior is no longer happening in the Alterac Valley horde cave.
There is now a spirit healer in each respective starting cave spawned for Alterac Valley.
The starter tunnel of your faction is now also count as a graveyard, so if you die close to it you will also be resurrected at it (this changed and got removed in 2.3.0).
Corrected the position of one Stormpike Guardsman in Dun Baldar.
Corrected Tower Point Marshal's faction, he is no longer attackable by alliance.
Corrected the position of West Frostwolf Marshal.
Arch Druid Renferal and Primalist Thurloga will now offer a gossip option where you ask them how many blood/crystals are currently turned in.
Murgot Deepforge and Smith Regzar will now offer a gossip option where you ask them how many Armor Scraps are currently turned in.
Vanndar Stormspike and Drek'thar will now use spells, call for assistance on aggro and evade when pulled out of their base.
Quest 'Launch The Attack!' now properly rewards 10 reputation with Undercity.
The marshals and warmasters defending Vanndar Stormspike and Drek'thar will now use spells and evade when they are out of range of their boss (Vanndar/Drek'thar).
Captain Galvangar and Captain Balinda Stoneheart will now use spells, call for assistance on aggro and evade when pulled out of their base.
When a graveyard is taken while you are waiting to be resurrected, you will now be teleported to the closest next graveyard in Alterac Valley and Arathi Basin.
Corrected the faction of Mountaineer Boombellow, he is no longer attackable by alliance.
The guards surrounding Frostwolf Graveyard will now be spawned in a proper formation around the banner rather than next to it.
Change handling of spawning BG creatures. From now on we are no longer killing creatures and setting their respawntime to infinite, we now simply make the creatures invisible when despawned and visible when spawned.
Destroying a tower of the opposite faction now takes one of their Marshals (alliance) or Warmasters (horde) and adds one to your base (these are the guards of Vanndar Stormpike and Drek'thar). This means you can have a total of 8 Warmasters/Marshals defending your boss if none of your towers were destroyed but you did destroy all of the opposite team's towers.
Spawned a missing Stormpike Guardsman on the Dun Baldar bridge.
Stormpike Bowman and Frostwolf Bowman will now properly face their targets when attacking.
The quests 'Brotherly Love' for both factions are now rewarded to the entire team.
When turning in Armor Scraps at Murgot Deepforge or Smith Regzar will now make them talk to you sometimes.
Corrected the health and faction of all Marshals and Warmasters defending their boss.
Fire damage from destroyed towers will now have a three second global cooldown and therefore no longer do a lot more damage than it should.
All guards of graveyards will now wander around their node randomly, rather than standing at the same spot all the time.
Correct two Champion Leggionaires to be Frostwolf Leggionnaire by default in Frostwolf Village.
Taskmaster Snivvle will now use spells in combat and yell over time.
Creatures will no longer try to evade while already evading.
Buildings that catched fire no longer also damage you if you're not nearby the tower/bunker.
Fury of the Frostwolf, Stormpike's Salvation and all versions of General's Warcry now stack with each other (except for the three General Warcry versions with each other).
All creatures spawned by the name of Champion Warrior are now called Frostwolf Warrior by default. They should become Champion Warrior when the horde turned in 1500 Armor Scraps.
Alterac Ram, Frostwolf, Snowblind Windcaller, Snowblind Harpy, Snowblind Ambusher and Alterac Yeti will now all move around randomly.
Spawn a bunch of new Frostwolf Warriors around the map of Alterac Valley.
Remove one Stormpike Mountaineer from the Ironforge roof.
Turning in Armor Scraps now upgrades defenders of your graveyards, the creatures inside both mines (if it's your faction) and the creatures defending Dun Baldar and Frostwolf Keep.
This means that, for example, Frostwolf Legionnaire and Stormpike Guardsman will become Seasoned Frostwolf Legionnaire and Seasoned Stormpike Guardsman. 500 turn-ins is Seasoned, 1000 turn-ins is Veteran and 1500 turn-ins is Champion.
The health, damage, armor, etc. is all upgraded along the way.
This counts for Stormpike/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion Guardsman, Alliance/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion Sentinel, Stormpike/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion Mountaineer, Frostwolf/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion Legionnaire, Frostwolf/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion Warrior, Coldmine/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Coldmine) Guard, Coldmine/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Coldmine) Explorer, Coldmine/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Coldmine) Surveyor, Coldmine/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Coldmine) Invader, Irondeep/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Irondeep) Explorer, Irondeep/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Irondeep) Raider, Irondeep/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Irondeep) Guard, Irondeep/Seasoned/Veteran/Champion (Irondeep) Surveyor.
There are now five Guardsman defending Captain Balinda Stoneheart (this was already done for Captain Galvangar).
Moved Lieutenant Lewis and Vol'tolar outside Galvanger's base next to the entrance and moved Commander Dardosh into the Iceblood Tower.
Moved Lieutenant Greywand and Largent outside Balinda's base next to the entrance and moved Lieutenant Lonadin into the Icewing Bunker.
The following creatures now cast Aura of Battle on players within 35 yards of their faction: Lieutenant Spencer, Lieutenant Largent, Lieutenant Stouthandle, Lieutenant Greywand, Lieutenant Lonadin, Lieutenant Mancuso, Lieutenant Grummus, Lieutenant Lewis, Lieutenant Murp, Lieutenant Stronghoof, Lieutenant Vol'talar and Lieutenant Rugba.
The following creatures now cast Grip of Command on players within 35 yards of their faction: Commander Duffy, Commander Mortimer, Commander Randolph, Commander Karl Philips, Commander Dardosh, Commander Louis Philips, Commander Malgor and Commander Mulfort.
Bowmans now only target players within 80 yards rather than 190 yards.
Increased the health of Taskmaster Snivvle, Masha Swiftcut and Aggi Rumblestomp significantly.
Two Champion Legionnaires spawned in Frostwolf Village are now normal Frostwolf Legionnaires by default.
General's Warcry, Stormpike Salvation and Frostwolf Fury are now all removed when the battleground ends or when you leave the battleground.
Implemented Ground Assault:
It requires mine supplies to be turned in by your team. Since there are two mines in Alterac Valley, the Irondeep Mine and the Coldtooth Mine, there are also two quests. The closest mine for alliance is the Irondeep Mine, which requires the team to turn in the quest 28 times. The Coldtooth Mine, however, requires its quest to be turned in only 7 times. This means that turning in the Coldmine Supplies quest will count as if you turned in Irondeep Supplies 4 times, so the total counter will work between the two mines.
Stormpike Quartermaster and Frostwolf Quartermaster now offer a gossip option where you ask them how far your faction is done with the supplies in order to start a Ground Assault.
Once your team turned in enough mine supplies to start the Ground Assault, a player being Honored or higher can get the Assault Orders from Corporal Noreg Stormpike (alliance) / Sergeant Yazra Bloodsnarl (horde). This means the Stormpike Quartermaster and Frostwolf Quartermaster no longer give the Assault Orders themselves.
Field Marshal Teravaine is no longer always spawned in the Stoneheart Bunker.
Turning in enough mine supplies to gain a Ground Assault will now spawn Field Marshal Teravaine or Warmaster Garrick in Dun Baldar or Frostwolf Village. When the Assault Orders are turned in to them, they will spawn nine Stormpike Commando (alliance) or Frostwolf Reaver and start moving towards the base of the opposite team.
The Stormpike Commando and Frostwolf Reaver will change based on the supplyrank of the team at the point of turning in the Assault Orders. This means that if for example the Alliance start a Ground Assault while they have Veteran units, the creatures spawned will be Veteran Commando and not Stormpike Commando. This means they scale with the supply rank.
When Field Marshal Teravaine or Warmaster Garrick dies, all its reavers and commando's will despawn at the next evade or death (unless if they are not in combat, then they immidiately despawn).
Corrected grammar in the message sent when a Ground Assault was ready.
The path used by Warmaster Garrick will no longer pause for 30 seconds when reaching the Frostwolf Graveyard.
Field Marshal Teravaine and Warmaster Garrick will no longer continue to offer their quest when it was already completed once.
Correct the health of Field Marshal Teravaine and Warmaster Garrick.
The horde quest offered by Warmaster Garrick ('Launch The Attack!') will now properly require the Frostwolf Assault Orders in order to be completed.
Two Veteran Sentinels and one Seasoned Sentinel are now by default Alliance Sentinels.
Taking a mine will now despawn 50% of the creatures from the faction that was controlling the mine before you, and the remaining creatures will now fight the new creatures. The reason half of them will despawn is because else the creatures from the previous mine owner will kill all the new mine creatures.
Four Champion Warriors are now Frostwolf Warrior by default.
Vanndar Stormpike and Drek'thar will now yell zone-wide on aggro, during combat (random yell) and when resetting (the message is different when the raid wipes and when the group tries to pull them out of their base).
When a mine is taken the creatures will all spawn in a random delay of each other. All creatures that should spawn in the mine will spawn within a randomized amount of seconds (max ~20 seconds) of each other.
Bowman will now properly disappear when the tower they were defending was taken.
When a tower is destroyed (actually destroyed, so not immidiately when you take over the tower) the creatures inside will despawn (Wing Commanders, Commanders, Lieutenants and some vendors).
There is now a cooldown on Ground Assault, Cavalry Assault and Aerial Assault.
Two Seasoned Coldmine Guard and Surveyor are now by default Coldmine Guard/Surveyor.
Three Veteran Irondeep Guards are now by default Irondeep Guard.
Removed an incorrectly spawned Stoneheart Warmaster.
Implemented Alliance Battle Standard, Horde Battle Standard, Frostwolf Battle Standard and Stormpike Battle Standard. Being within 45 yards of a friendly Battle Standards will now make them buff you. They also now have exactly 1500 health, as intended.
Alliance Battle Standard, Horde Battle Standard, Frostwolf Battle Standard and Stormpike Battle Standard are now properly flagged for PvP.
Remove two Seasoned Commando's from a hut in Frostwolf Village.
The scoreboard in Alterac Valley will no longer update when the battleground did not start yet.
Killing commanders will now stop defenders from respawning at the commander's graveyard. This counts for the all upgrade levels of the guards!
Commander Mortimer controls the Stormpike Aid Station
Commander Duffy controls the Stormpike Graveyard
Commander Randolph controls the Stoneheart Outpost
Commander Malgor controls the Frostwolf Graveyard
Commander Mulfort controls the Frostwolf Relief Hut
Commander Dardosh controls the Iceblood Graveyard
Commander Louis Philips and Commander Karl Philips do not control any graveyard as they are not close to any and all graveyards are already controlled by one.
All creatures nearby and inside the Coldtooth Mine are now linked to their respective event. This means you will no longer see improper spawns when a specific faction controls the Coldtooth Mine.
Coldmine Miner, Irondeep Miner, Coldmine Peon, Irondeep Peon, Whitewisker Digger, Whitewisker Vermin and Irondeep Trogg will now be mining the ground with a mining pick (except for the troggs, they wear something I don't know what to call).
Fix respawn time of Commander Louis Philips and Commander Malgor.
Correct the message Herald would yell when a tower/graveyard was defended.
All Battle Standard related spells are now limited to battlegrounds and battlegrounds only. This means it is no longer possible for players to get lucky and have 10% extra damage until they die. Stormpike Battle Standard and Frostwolf Battle Standard can be used in Alterac Valley only.
Moved Lieutenant Stouthandle to outside the Stoneheart Outpost rather than inside Balinda's room.
Frostwolf Wolf Rider Commander is now mounted on a gray frostwolf by default.
Fix a typo in WorldObject::SummonObject.
East Frostwolf Warmaster and West Frostwolf Warmaster are no longer spawned ridiculously close to the entrance, giving the horde a big advantage on that point of view.
Taskmaster Snivvle will now yell zone-wide when he reclaims the mine after 30 minutes.
Herald will now yell a random message when a team wins.
Killing Taskmaster Snivvle now yields 2 reputation with the Frostwolf Clan / Stormpike Guard to your entire team.
19 new Frostwolves have been spawned around the Frostwolf Village area.
Implemented Cavalry Assault:
It is now possible to 'tame' Frostwolves and Alterac Rams. The creatures will start attacking you when you start channeling and have a 25% chance for the taming to fail, making them run away in fear and despawn after a few seconds. If the taming was succesful the player has ten minutes to deliver the tamed creature to its respective stable master, who will then fill up the stable. If you did not manage to turn in the tamed creature within ten minutes they will despawn and you will have to re-take the quest for a new Collar/Muzzle.
Turning in Alterac Rams and Frostwolves that you tamed will fill up the stables by one every turn-in. The stables empty up completely when the Cavalry Assault is started. No more than 25 creatures can be stabled. For horde Stabled Frostwolf will spawn and for alliance Stabled Ram.
The Stormpike Ram Rider Commander and Frostwolf Wolf Rider Commander will now start a small event when they were told (through gossip) that the respective team is ready for the Cavalry Assault. In this event they move forward, spawn ten riders, talk to them and make them talk back.
The group of ten riders and one commander will move to their respective place to patrol (circling around Balinda's bunker for Alliance and circling in front of Iceblood Garrison for horde). After a few circles, a player can order them to 'charge' and they will move up to charge the base of the opposite team.
When the Rider Commander dies, one of the riders will be assigned as a leader and all other riders will follow this rider from that point on. If this new leader (rider) dies, the same happens again. When the commander is killed, the group of riders left alive will charge into battle and stop patrolling around in circles. Please note that when this happens, the path followed will be continued up to the point where they can 'quit' moving around in circles and start the path to the opposite base.
Quests Empty Stables and Ram Riding Harnesses now rewards 2 reputation to your entire team.
Quests 'Begin The Attack!' and 'Empty Stables' are now both PvP-category quests.
Both captains (Galvangar and Balinda) will now play a zone-wide sound when they enter combat and evade.
Increase health and damage done by Stormpike Ram Rider Commander, Stormpike Ram Rider, Frostwolf Wolf Rider Commander and Frostwolf Wolf Rider.
Correct some grammatical mistakes in a few messages that would normally be send by Herald.
Captains will now yell when buffing their factions.
Properly implemented the full boss summoning event:
Turning in 200 Storm Crystals (alliance) or Stormpike Soldier's Blood (horde) will now turn off the commander's (Primalist Thurloga for horde and Arch Druid Renferal for alliance) quest- and gossip flag and start the event.
Starting the event makes the commanders have three nearby mobs follow them (Frostwolf Shaman for horde and Druid of the Grove for alliance). They first walk out of their spawn position, then say a few words and mount up with their followers. A few seconds later they start running off to the Field of Strife.
Primalist Thurloga, Arch Druid Renferal, Frostwolf Shaman and Druid of the Grove will use spells in combat and assist each other on aggro.
The path to the summoning path is no longer sometimes interrupted by Alterac Rams or Frostwolves.
Once the commander has reached the summon position, they will start casting a spell and say a few lines. About ten seconds later a gameobject called 'Circle of Calling' will spawn.
When a player of the proper faction uses the Circle of Calling, the player starts channeling a spell that turns them purple. When ten players are channeling the spell for ten seconds in a row, the boss will be spawned (Ivus the Forest Lord for alliance and Lokholar the Ice Lord for horde). This means cancelling a spell while ten players were channeling also resets the ten-second timer!
Removed one incorrectly duplicate spawn of Druid of the Grove, meaning from now on it's only three druids following rather than four.
Set levels of of Ivus the Forest Lord to 61 (from 63).
Six Champion Stormpike Mountaineers are now by default Stormpike Mountaineers.
Corrected the health of Ivus the Forest Lord. It was previously ~15.000.
Killing Ivus the Forest Lord or Lokholar the Ice Lord now rewards 125 (145 during BG weekend) reputation to your entire team with your Frostwolf Clan / Stormpike Guard.
Ivus the Forest Lord will now use spells in combat and the damage done scales with the amount of killed players.
Ivus the Forest Lord and Lok'holar the Icelord now yell when spawning, killing a player and reaching the opposite faction's base.
Correct the factions of Ivus the Forest Lord and Lokholar the Ice Lord. They now attack creatures of the opposite faction as well as each other.
Getting kicked by the offline timer of battlegrounds (five minutes after being offline in a battleground you automatically get kicked) will now give you deserter and all battleground-only buffs will properly be removed (General's Warcry, Stormpike Salvation, Fury of the Frostwolf, etc.).
Implement Aerial Assault:
All six Wing Commanders (three per faction) are now spawned in towers of the opposite team. They have a gossip option where players can 'rescue' them and they start moving to their original home position.
When rescuing a Wing Commander, they will yell something across the map and a few seconds later say something and start walking. Wing Commander Vipore also uses his panther form.
Wing Commander Ichman is no longer invisible to horde by default.
Wing Commander Guse, Wing Commander Mulverick, Wing Commander Ichman and Wing Commander Slidore will now be pretending to be laying dead until rescued.
Wing Commander Vipore will be sitting until he gets rescued.
Having a Wing Commander returned to their home safely and alive will now reward into 14 honor each and 5 reputation each at the end of every battle for the entire team.
Wing Commanders no longer offer their quests when they are not rescued. This only becomes available if it reached its home positioning safe and alive.
When your team completed the tasks of a specific Wing Commander that was returned home safely, they will start offering two gossip options when your team completed this Wing Commander's task.
The first gossip option is to spawn a so-called 'beacon'; when you choose this you get an item which you have to use near a crater in Field of Strife or at the Snowfall Graveyard. It will summon an object which can be attacked by the opposite faction. When a player of the opposite team attacks (right clicks) it, it will be destroyed. If you manage to successfully defend the beacon for a full minute, it will go away and spawn an Aerie Gryphon (alliance) or a War Rider (horde).
The second gossip option requires the player to be revered with Stormpike Guard (alliance) or Frostwolf Clan (horde). This option is to send this specific Wing Commander straight in the air, making it summon its own War Rider / Gryphon (which is more powerful than the Aerie Gryphon and normal War Rider) and patrolling the area itself. This means that you can get two flying units patrol the battleground for you at the same time from a single Wing Commander!
It is not possible to use an item to spawn a beacon if this spot is already in use at that moment. For example if the alliance spawned a beacon in the Eastern Crater, a horde player can not spawn their own beacon on-top of that.
Herald yells something when a beacon is spawned and when a Wing Commander is send into battle itself. The Wing Commander itself will also yell something both when send into battle and when asked to spawn a beacon.
Only one beacon can be taken from a Wing Commander per 30 minutes. Note: This is not a shared cooldown between the Wing Commanders!
All Wing Commanders will now use Strike, Rend and Sunder Armor in combat.
Wing Commanders are from now on only attackable by and aggressive to other creatures when they started their waypoint. This means they are no longer often already dead at their spawnpoint when you try to rescue them.
When a beacon was successfully defended, a 30-minute cooldown will be triggered that is shared between your entire team.
The War Riders and Gryphons follow a path that belongs to them, constantly patrolling the area.
Patrolling War Riders and Gryphons will constantly drop bombs and fireballs on players of the opposite faction.
Engaging in combat with a War Rider or Gryphon will make them stop moving and start casting spells. They will not use melee either.
War Riders and Gryphons will resume their path when they leave combat and continue patrolling properly.
War Riders and Gryphons now have 20 resistance on all fields by default.
War Riders and Gryphons are pvp-attackable and have the 'pvp' icon in their portrait from now on.
Aerie Gryphon and War Rider are no longer attackable by their own faction.
Aerie Gryphon, War Rider, Guse's War Rider, Jeztor's War Rider, Mulverick's War Rider, Slidore's Gryphon, Ichman's Gryphon and Vipore's Gryphon will no longer regenerate health out of combat and are now able to fly.
Herald will now yell on most actions done by a certain team that are related to an Aerial Assault, like spawning a beacon.
War Riders and Gryphons will throwing Liquid Fire on enemies all the time which first explodes at the target and then summons a fire that does ~1.000 damage every three seconds if you're standing in it. The damage done by the fire will not affect horde players or creatures of that team.
Irondeep Shaman, Irondeep Trogg and Irondeep Skullthumper are no longer levels 63+.
Irondeep Peon's level is now 55-57 instead of 52-53.
Remove two double spawns of patrolling Stormpike Guardsman.
Drek'thar and Vanndar Stormpike are now always level 63.
Both captains now yell on aggro and reset.
Stormpike Explosives Expert and Frostwolf Explosives Expert are no longer spawned in Alterac Valley. They were removed from the game in patch 1.10.0 along with their events.
The following creatures are now properly mounted:
Commander Mortimer - Black War Ram
Lieutenant Spencer - Black War Steed
Commander Stouthandle - Black War Ram
Lieutenant Mancuso - Black War Steed
Lieutenant Stronghoof - Black War Kodo
Lieutenant Rugba - Black War Wolf
Lieutenant Greywand - Black Battlestrider
Lieutenant Largent - Black War Steed
Commander Malgor - Black War Wolf
Lieutenant Vol'talar - Black War Raptor
Lieutenant Lewis - Blue Skeletal Horse
Majority of the creatures spawned in Alterac Valley will now be pvp-attackable, having the pvp icon in their potrait and following the pvp-creature rules.
A lot (seriously, a LOT) of creatures will now be patrolling around the Alterac Valley map. Hopefully this will make the map look a little more 'alive'. Please note that when an unit upgrade happens, the patrolling creatures will also be upgraded but replaced to their home position and start patrolling from there on.
Spawned Herald 20 times all over the battleground. When one of them can't be found because it's unloaded, the core will search for another. It happens a lot when Herald is unloaded at the moment, which would previously mean no yell would be sent.
A lot of grammatical corrections were made in a bunch of Alterac Valley related messages/strings.
Mountaineer Boombellow is no longer aggressive towards players or creatures. He now only reacts when he is attacked himself.
Stormpike Owl and Frostwolf Bloodhound will now see through stealth and invisibility effects.
Stormpike Bowman and Frostwolf Bowman will now use Searing Arrow instead of normal arrows.
The following creatures will now wear the weapons they should wear:
Jotek, Commander Duffy, Lieutenant Stouthandle, Commander Dardosh, Lieutenant Stronghoof, Wing Commander Slidore, Sergeant Yazra Bloodsnarl, Dun Baldar North Warmaster, Dun Baldar South Warmaster, Eas Frostwolf Warmaster, Iceblood Warmaster, Icewing Warmaster, Stoneheart Warmaster, Tower Point Warmaster, West Frostwolf Warmaster, Stormpike Defender, Lieutenant Greywand, Lieutenant Largent, Stormpike Guardsman, Seasoned Guardsman, Veteran Guardsman, Champion Guardsman, Frostwolf Guardian, Seasoned Guardian, Veteran Guardian, Champion Guardian, Frostwolf Shaman, Primalist Thurloga, Commander Mulfort, Captain Balinda Stoneheart, Druid of the Grove, Yaelika Farclaw, Arch Druid Renferal, Athramanis, Commander Randolph, Lieutenant Vol'talar, Vanndar Stormpike, Frostwolf Legionnaire, Seasoned Legionnaire, Veteran Legionnaire, Champion Legionnaire, Lieutenant Rugba, Grelkor, Shrye Ragefist, Drek'thar, Stormpike Ram Rider, Stormpike Stable Master, Jonivera Farmountain, Stormpike Quartermaster, Lana Thunderbrew, Murgot Deepforge, Dirk Swindle, Wing Commander Mulverick, Mountaineer Boombellow, Lieutenant Lewis, Lieutenant Louis Philips, Zora Guthrek, Rarck, Frostwolf Herald, Smith Regzar, Grunnda Wolfheart, Stormpike Bowman, Frostwolf Bowman, Commander Mortimer, Commander Malgor, Seasoned Defender, Veteran Defender, Champion Defender, Corporal Noreg Stormpike, Dun Baldar North Marshal, Dun Baldar South Marshal, Icewing Marshal, Stoneheart Marshal, Iceblood Marshal, Tower Point Marshal, East Frostwolf Marshal, West Frostwolf Marshal, Svalbrad Farmountain, Brogus Thunderbrew, Stormpike Commando, Seasoned Commando, Veteran Commando, Champion Commando and Stormpike Herald.
There will no longer be creatures that are above level 62 except for a few that should be (like Drek'thar and Vanndar Stormpike).
Implemented the following quests:
Towers and Bunkers (alliance and horde)
The Graveyards of Alterac
Alterac Valley Graveyards
Capture a Mine (alliance and horde)
Korrak the Bloodrager (battleground-wide rewarded for team that killed him)
Fallen Sky Lords (alliance and horde)
Taking a graveyard while its guards are alive will no longer automatically remove them. From now on the guards will despawn once they evade (and reach home) or when they die after the graveyard they were defending was taken.
Turning in 200, 400, 600, etc. Armor Scraps will now make Murgot Deepforge or Smith Regzar summon supplies next to them.
Logging out during a battleground now makes the player show as offline in the raid group and the player will no longer appear on the minimap for his fellow raid members. Logging back in solves this, of course.
Creatures that have UNIT_FLAG_PVP assigned through creature_template.unit_flags will now properly be flagged as PvP creatures, having the PvP icon next to their portrait and showing the message 'PvP' in their mouse-over portrait in the right bottom corner.

Bolded motherfucking emphasis MINE.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 17, 2013

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I never could figure out AV when I played on the live servers, and that wall of text just makes me :psyduck:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

camoseven posted:

I never could figure out AV when I played on the live servers, and that wall of text just makes me :psyduck:

All you need to know is the bolded part.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm not super clear on what they are saying. No respawns? ..or unlimited respawns?

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

So I thought I did everything that was required to log on. I downloaded the game, made my account, changed the realm, and downloaded the connections issue patch. Its still not letting me into the game though. I keep getting an error that tells me my account information is wrong, even though I can long into the Emerald Dream site just fine. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Edit: Never Mind, I'm in.

Mef989 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 17, 2013

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008

camoseven posted:

I'm not super clear on what they are saying. No respawns? ..or unlimited respawns?

What you did in Vanilla AV was gather supplies from within the battleground. Things like going in the mine and looting some respawnable crates to killing other players and looting race specific items from their corpses. After gathering said resources you would head back to your respective bases and turn them in. Once a quota was met, NPC reinforcements were available. These reinforcements were used to turn the tide of battle.

Having them out kind of sucks. But keep in mind these reinforcements weren't guaranteed as the other faction could seek out and kill the appropriate NPCs to prevent them from being used.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ApeEscape posted:

What you did in Vanilla AV was gather supplies from within the battleground. Things like going in the mine and looting some respawnable crates to killing other players and looting race specific items from their corpses. After gathering said resources you would head back to your respective bases and turn them in. Once a quota was met, NPC reinforcements were available. These reinforcements were used to turn the tide of battle.

Having them out kind of sucks. But keep in mind these reinforcements weren't guaranteed as the other faction could seek out and kill the appropriate NPCs to prevent them from being used.

That's not what reinforcements were in AV. The way Blizzard set up later versions of AV there was a limit of 600 "reinforcements", which only meant that there could be 600 kills by one side of the opposing enemy players to win the game (an option rather than killing the other teams general). It was inserted into AV to stop games from going on "too long". Basically it killed the epic vanilla AV battles because you could win via attrition. It ended turtling, which was a perfectly legitimate option prior. Turtles could already be combatted via the summoned faction gods, wing riders, wolf/ram riders, etc.

You could also decrease the opposing factions number by capturing and destroying towers, killing captains, and capturing mines.

This was one of the many changes that blizzard implemented that absolutely hosed over AV. It is why (second to the removal of the NPCs that prevented racing to generals) games became so short that MANY of the players of AV have no idea what ram/wolf riders are, unit upgrades are, who Lokholar is, why there is a giant frosty tree named Ivus attacking a base, etc.

It appears that feenix is looking to rewind blizzards assfuckery. Nothing in there about minefields or shredders, but I'll take what I can get.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 17, 2013

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I've started playing this for an hour or so each night and I had forgotten how slow the progression was in vanilla. Thanks to that hunter in the guild who helped me down Hogger last night.

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

That's not what reinforcements were in AV. The way Blizzard set up later versions of AV there was a limit of 600 "reinforcements", which only meant that there could be 600 kills by one side of the opposing enemy players to win the game (an option rather than killing the other teams general). It was inserted into AV to stop games from going on "too long". Basically it killed the epic vanilla AV battles because you could win via attrition. It ended turtling, which was a perfectly legitimate option prior. Turtles could already be combatted via the summoned faction gods, wing riders, wolf/ram riders, etc.

You could also decrease the opposing factions number by capturing and destroying towers, killing captains, and capturing mines.

This was one of the many changes that blizzard implemented that absolutely hosed over AV. It is why (second to the removal of the NPCs that prevented racing to generals) games became so short that MANY of the players of AV have no idea what ram/wolf riders are, unit upgrades are, who Lokholar is, why there is a giant frosty tree named Ivus attacking a base, etc.

It appears that feenix is looking to rewind blizzards assfuckery. Nothing in there about minefields or shredders, but I'll take what I can get.

Whoa! They did that? I stopped going to AV once they moved Korrack from the middle back in retail. He was a great mid point choke kind of guy. Those days of 16 hour AVs were a thing of true beauty.

Thanks for the clarification!

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
I have to go look at some houses this evening and won't be on for UBRS fun time until like 8 EST. I feel obligated to mention this since I was the one who put the run in the GMOTD :). Hopefully there are enough dudes on that it doesn't matter though.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

So, it's going to be closer to the 12 hour AVs of the early days? If so, I am pretty pumped for it then. I never had a 60 in those days, only in TBC where I ended up just doing AV with premades most of the time. It was fun, but most of my AV experience was 30 minute games.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Suran37 posted:

So, it's going to be closer to the 12 hour AVs of the early days? If so, I am pretty pumped for it then. I never had a 60 in those days, only in TBC where I ended up just doing AV with premades most of the time. It was fun, but most of my AV experience was 30 minute games.

Are you guys serious with these 12 and 16 hour AV battles? I guess that's why I never got it figured out, cause when I played you just sat around killing players until their number got to 0. No one hosed around with wolf riders or factions gods(!?) or supplies.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

camoseven posted:

Are you guys serious with these 12 and 16 hour AV battles? I guess that's why I never got it figured out, cause when I played you just sat around killing players until their number got to 0. No one hosed around with wolf riders or factions gods(!?) or supplies.

Yep, I played in quite a few 12+ hour games in vanilla. I have SSes floating around on a hard drive at home where I had over 1000 killing blows in a single match. Ahhhh the glory days of being a raid-geared destro warlock instagibbing people left and right with Shadowbolt+Immo+Conflag combo...

Alliance turtles on the bridge could definitely be frustrating too though. But adding the reinforcement counter completely changed the dynamics of AV and overall made it a lot less fun.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
I remember playing AV back in those days. The longest AV battle I was in lasted roughly 6 hours. There was this orc hunter dude named Hmong that was really good at rallying everyone towards the same goal, while we would lose as horde a lot of the time, this guy would pretty much turn battles around and lead us to victory. Man I miss those days.

Envy38
Nov 22, 2007
6 hours? That's nothing I remember AV battles that lasted for a full week when it was first released... man we had some epic battles

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ApeEscape posted:

Whoa! They did that? I stopped going to AV once they moved Korrack from the middle back in retail. He was a great mid point choke kind of guy. Those days of 16 hour AVs were a thing of true beauty.

Thanks for the clarification!

Well you will be happy to note that the notes show Korrak being returned to glory!

Suprfli6 posted:

Alliance turtles on the bridge could definitely be frustrating too though. But adding the reinforcement counter completely changed the dynamics of AV and overall made it a lot less fun.

The beauty of the turtles, was that there were mechanics in place to counter them: the fore mentioned Lok'Holar, Ivus, ground assaults, air assaults, etc.

Seeing AV pop was one of the highlights of vanilla play. People would be bailing from raid groups to get into it.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 17, 2013

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I loved the 12 hour AV battles because even though it was confined to an instanced map, it still felt enough like the world PvP that I had enjoyed prior to the introduction of AVs to the game. I would get into AV, then roll around with 3 or 4 friends in a separate group and we'd go tackle towers together, take locations, and do all of the objectives to break the turtle fights down. Sure it didn't provide nearly as much honor, but we just had fun going around, hiding, ganking, and just running into really funny/interesting encounters with players. When you did occasionally see the huge wind elemental just tearing poo poo up on the bridge though, it was epic.

I can say for drat sure that AV as it was after reinforcements were added was a loving joke. All both sides ever did was rush down the opposing faction's fortress, treating it as though it were just a raid. Sometimes a defense was capable of holding it off during the initial rush, but it essentially cheapened the entire experience down to a single mass conflict (if you were lucky) before seeing "who could raid the boss faster." Collect your points, queue up again. Completely lame.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
AV is/was the only PvP instance I ever really enjoyed. My favorite mount on my 90 priest is still the frostwolf. I really hope we get something similar on this server.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm trying to think that far back, I think I got into a few AVs around that time but never paid enough attention to know what was and wasn't implemented. I just always wanted that drat ice barbed spear.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008
Tanners has a 60 priest with an epic mount and a 43 rogue to give away.

Cya, bros.

edit; I'm arroyo, not tanners.

rawr im a tree fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 18, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rawr im a tree posted:

Cya, bros.

:(

LoopyJuice
Jul 5, 2007

rawr im a tree posted:

Cya, bros.

I'd be happy to take over either/both of these as I'm currently grinding out a char from scratch to play. Send me a mail in game to "Xdg" if you want.

LoopyJuice fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 18, 2013

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

I remember going to bed irritated at an AV turtle, waking up in the morning, logging on to see the same AV going. They really were epic. Plus before x server bgs you really got to know your enemy, so it was fun to fight familiar people, instead of a sea of random strangers. The issue before x server bgs was if your server had a bad imbalance, queues would be horrifically long for players on the larger factions side. Like many changes in WOW over the years, things were streamlined at the sake of some of the heart of the game.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

rawr im a tree posted:

Cya, bros.

I would be super interested in the priest if it's still available. I will raid, help the guild, and run instances, I mained a priest from launch to wotlk. I would pass him along if I ever quit or if Tanners wants him back.

Umphys at gmail. Or Umphy in game.

Thanks!

Umph fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I'm down for some vanilla wow, in as Rukte.

• Locked thread