Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ymgve posted:

I just discovered the Wisconsin WIC (Woman, Infants & Children) food assistance approved food list.

Egg racism.

Other forbidden highlights:
- NO POTATOES
- No ketchup or spaghetti sauce
- Juice in glass bottles
- Any infant cereal that's not Gerber
- Any infant fruits & veggies that's not Beech-Nut
- Anything that's slightly organic

It's often because those other items cost more than comparable products, though the brand favoritism sure as hell looks like corporate shilling. That said, people who want to abolish WiC are the worst, because it only lets you buy the most basic of basic food stuffs so you can't even whine about people buying crap food with food stamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Over in another thread someone linked the NRCC's Tumblr which is DnD pictures thread gold. Some choice examples:

Hey NRCC? Go gently caress yourself.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

mlmp08 posted:

It's often because those other items cost more than comparable products, though the brand favoritism sure as hell looks like corporate shilling. That said, people who want to abolish WiC are the worst, because it only lets you buy the most basic of basic food stuffs so you can't even whine about people buying crap food with food stamps.

:psyduck: It's like a food ration card from WW2.

In Finland from the 1940s to 1970, outside of restaurants alcohol was legally only available from the state-owned monopoly store, and to purchase it you needed a personal booklet ("liquor card" or "booze card") issued by the company. It included an annual stamp duty to cover the costs, that's what the stamps reading "300" are. All visits and purchases were stamped on it and if you misbehaved or drank too much, the card could be revoked. (Picture source)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"British King Edward VII as a butthead, from the French satirical magazine "Assiette au Beurre", 1901"

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 9, 2013

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

ymgve posted:

I just discovered the Wisconsin WIC (Woman, Infants & Children) food assistance approved food list.

Egg racism.

- NO POTATOES
- Juice in glass bottles

Second class people should be fed on second class food, after all

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

quiggy posted:

Over in another thread someone linked the NRCC's Tumblr which is DnD pictures thread gold. Some choice examples:

I don't think they thought through all of the possible interpretations of that one before they posted it.

...Freedom from living

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

This is actually pretty accurate since most people (esp. conservatives) who complain about the government spending 'their' money are annoying crybabies. So I have to wonder if these same people get this upset when whoever their bank is uses their deposited assets to make high-risk, lovely investments that inevitably fail.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

It's nice to see Obama will be dictator-for life and still the president in 2050.

East Village, Manhattan. $1600.00

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

quiggy posted:

Always relevant:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Like mold spreading...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ymgve posted:

Egg racism.

- NO POTATOES
- Juice in glass bottles
Are potatoes seriously a luxury food?

The new Lord John Russell Whig administration, influenced by their laissez-faire belief that the market would provide the food needed but at the same time ignoring the food exports to England, then halted government food and relief works, leaving many hundreds of thousands of people without any work, money or food.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ymgve posted:

It's nice to see Obama will be dictator-for life and still the president in 2050.

East Village, Manhattan. $1600.00

Speaking of parasites and rent. Here's an interesting article on Salon about how lovely rich people are. I know, surprising stuff.

Private sector parasites

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

RealityApologist
Mar 29, 2011

ASK me how NETWORKS algorithms NETWORKS will save humanity. WHY ARE YOU NOT THINKING MY THESIS THROUGH FOR ME HEATHENS did I mention I just unified all sciences because NETWORKS :fuckoff:

withak posted:

Like mold spreading...

Posting the rest because goddamn

http://goo.gl/uFjnW

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crasscrab posted:

Speaking of parasites and rent. Here's an interesting article on Salon about how lovely rich people are. I know, surprising stuff.

Private sector parasites

That led to this story about how clearly unions are unneeded since American employers have learned from the early 1900s that worker safety is very important.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/08/strawberry_pickers_fired_for_leaving_in_wildfire/

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

RealityApologist posted:

Posting the rest because goddamn

http://goo.gl/uFjnW

It saddens me that these historical seas are either already gone or will be in the next 100 years if no intervention is attempted :smith:

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 9, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Lord Lambeth posted:

I think this just proves that you should never gently caress with Andy Richter

Dogmentation! :c00lbert:

He didn't arf for this.

More Freemen of the land stuff. They fascinate me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmPD8bs7X0

ThePutty posted:

It saddens me that the Aral Sea (and Chad) is gone :smith:

quote:

The ecosystems of the Aral Sea and the river deltas feeding into it have been nearly destroyed, not least because of the much higher salinity. The receding sea has left huge plains covered with salt and toxic chemicals – the results of weapons testing, industrial projects, pesticides and fertilizer runoff – which are picked up and carried away by the wind as toxic dust and spread to the surrounding area. The land around the Aral Sea is heavily polluted, and the people living in the area are suffering from a lack of fresh water and health problems, including high rates of certain forms of cancer and lung diseases. Respiratory illnesses, including tuberculosis (most of which is drug resistant) and cancer, digestive disorders, anaemia, and infectious diseases are common ailments in the region. Liver, kidney and eye problems can also be attributed to the toxic dust storms. Health concerns associated with the region are a cause for an unusually high fatality rate amongst vulnerable parts of the population. There is a high child mortality rate of 75 in every 1,000 newborns and maternity death of 12 in every 1,000 women. Crops in the region are destroyed by salt being deposited onto the land. Vast salt plains exposed by the shrinking Aral have produced dust storms, making regional winters colder and summers hotter.

The Aral Sea fishing industry, which in its heyday had employed some 40,000 and reportedly produced one-sixth of the Soviet Union's entire fish catch, has been devastated, and former fishing towns along the original shores have become ship graveyards. The town of Moynaq in Uzbekistan had a thriving harbor and fishing industry that employed approximately 30,000 people;[28] now it lies miles from the shore. Fishing boats lie scattered on the dry land that was once covered by water; many have been there for 20 years. The only significant fishing company left in the area has its fish shipped from the Baltic Sea, thousands of kilometers away.

:stare:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Perestroika posted:

Always relevant:

Definitely what I thought of. I love that in the Obama one there's an uptick in debt and then Ryan's plan drops right down to 0 while Obama's increases a little bit and then suddenly shoots for the stars, infinitely increasing for all time until the whole universe cannot contain America's debt.

More pro pictures from that blog:
:siren:Benghazi:siren:
:siren:Solyndra:siren:
:siren:You didn't build that!:siren:
:siren:A puppy:siren:

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

He didn't arf for this.

More Freemen of the land stuff. They fascinate me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmPD8bs7X0

:stare:

That cop is totally lying though, I'm fairly sure it's not an offense to record a police officer in the UK.

Xandu fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 9, 2013

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Picture from the rotunda of the MN statehouse. We're going to vote to give gays the right to marry in our state today.

SombreroAgnew
Sep 22, 2004

unlimited rice pudding

Radish posted:

That led to this story about how clearly unions are unneeded since American employers have learned from the early 1900s that worker safety is very important.

Oh Filibuster Cartoons

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

quiggy posted:

I don't know what's more horrifying, Walker and his bloodthirsty supporters bragging about how he hurt his own constituents, or the ostensibly sane ones who just shrug and say, "Well, he did promise that's what he was going to do." Is he up for reelection in 2014? Why do I have the feeling that the Democratic Party isn't even going to bother finding someone to run against him?

More NRCC crap. This is from here.

Okay, forget obstructionism, deliberate sabotage, spreading bigotry, and working to hurt the most vulnerable among their own countrymen. THIS is why the Republican Party has to go down.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

I don't know what's more horrifying, Walker and his bloodthirsty supporters bragging about how he hurt his own constituents, or the ostensibly sane ones who just shrug and say, "Well, he did promise that's what he was going to do." Is he up for reelection in 2014? Why do I have the feeling that the Democratic Party isn't even going to bother finding someone to run against him?

More NRCC crap. This is from here.

Okay, forget obstructionism, deliberate sabotage, spreading bigotry, and working to hurt the most vulnerable among their own countrymen. THIS is why the Republican Party has to go down.

I was talking about it with a guy who is super Team Democrat and how it was awful when he wasn't successfully recalled (not that I didn't see the writing on the wall or was surprised) and he went off on the integrity of the Wisconsin voters and how since he won his election apparently they felt that taking him out early wasn't "fair." That seemed like a pretty lame excuse for not getting a decent candidate to oppose a guy that went out of his way to screw labor as hard as possible.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 9, 2013

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh god post a picture you goof or you will burn like this pig

Ok good work!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Home-schooled kids from Waverly, Minn., brought signs opposing the same-sex marriage bill.One of their moms, Julie Halvorson, said the kids were on a field trip and were not bothered by the noise in the Capitol, or by the possibility that the same-sex law will be approved. "You always stand up for what is right," she said. "That's today's lesson." photo by nick coleman

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Pink beerhat Castro meets black party hat Lenin

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Radish posted:

I was talking about it with a guy who is super Team Democrat and how it was awful when he wasn't successfully recalled (not that I didn't see the writing on the wall or was surprised) and he went off on the integrity of the Wisconsin voters and how since he won his election apparently they felt that taking him out early wasn't "fair." That seemed like a pretty lame excuse for not getting a decent candidate to oppose a guy that went out of his way to screw labor as hard as possible.
The electorate fell into partisan mania. Democrats were so focused on hating and demonizing Walker they did a pretty poor job of presenting a viable alternative. Their venom also made them difficult to sympathize with. In the end, the state (at least where I grew up) is much more partisan and less tolerant than it was when I grew up there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Two men who will not be heads of state meet.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
MN Capitol rotunda after Marriage Equality vote passes 79-59.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ThePutty posted:

It saddens me that these historical seas are either already gone or will be in the next 100 years if no intervention is attempted :smith:

Lakes and inland seas are pretty transient anyway; there are only a handful that have been around more than a million or two years.

Pop quiz: Is this marketing to lesbians or heterosexual men?

withak fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 9, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

withak posted:

Lakes and inland seas are pretty transient anyway; there are only a handful that have been around more than a million or two years.

Pop quiz: Is this marketing to lesbians or heterosexual men?

Both?

VVVV John McCain.

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 9, 2013

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Joementum posted:

Two men who will not be heads of state meet.

Prince Harry and someone I don't know

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Ahahahahahahahahaha no, sorry, we were looking for "heterosexual men."

This is advertising to lesbians:

Trench_Rat
Sep 19, 2006
Doing my duty for king and coutry since 86
Japanese officer surrenders his sword to a royal navy officer

Sabaka
Aug 12, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Oh god post a picture you goof or you will burn like this pig

Ok good work!

I know a good leftist should enjoy seeing a riot cop burn, but I can't help but feel bad for them. It makes me uncomfortable to see people celebrate stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Tincans posted:

Prince Harry and someone I don't know

Here's a better shot of them.

• Locked thread